Seventh Grade Pt.2

The Life Trilogy: The Story of My Life

"What's with you and that, that Chen!?" He asked, disgusted by the word Chen.

"He's very important to me, unlike you," I shot back ,"and what about you and Pil Suk?"

"She moved away," he replied. Thank the god!

"Okay. Then why aren't you happy?" I asked.

"Because she loved me more than you," he said. That hit me hard.

"Well, Chen loves me more than you do. He'll never be like you. He's sweet and caring, unlike you," I scoffed.

"Whatever," he said and left.


At home, I saw that my family had scared faces on.

"What?" I asked confused.

"Chen. His brain tumor has gone worse," Mom told me.

"Oh, is there anything we can do about it? Can he do more surgeries?" I asked. They shook their heads.

"It took over too much of his brain," Dad told me. Wow, met him a few months he's going to die already.

"Can we visit him in the hospital?" I asked. They nodded and we drove to the hospital.

"Oh my," I said, bring my hands up to my face. I started breaking down, crying. His body was full of wires and his body was covered with the sheet. It was like he was already dead.

"Shh, it's okay," Suga comforted me. Baekhyun came out of a room a few doors down from Chen's. He walked towards me.

"What happened?" He asked.

"Chen's in that room," Jin told him. Baekhyun stars to look angry.

"guys, can you give me and Minah a moment?" He asked. After they left, he turned to me.

"What's up with you and that bastard!?" He yelled. I stood up and faced him.

"He's not a bastard, because he does have a dad. My dad," I said.

"What?" He asked, quietly.

"Don't go around calling people names, because that is just like Pil Suk," I spat at him.

"Why don't you just move to where Pil Sul is because everybody had enough of you! You broke the friendship of nine people, worst of all, you went out with her," I said disgusted.

"Because you're the real bastard," I said. I left him, with his mouth wide open.

"You know. That I really am. We lost our dad, so I really am a bastard," he said, quietly, but I heard. I turned toward him.

"You really are. No doubt," I told him. I sniffles and went inside Chen's room.

"Doctor, will he live?" I asked.

"There is about 15% that he'll live. But he's more likely to die, unless a miracle happens, which might not come," he said. How could he be so heartless? 

"And if we get that miracle?" Mom asked.

"He'll be too weak and die. So either way, he'll die," he said. I couldn't hear what was next because I left with a slam and cried on the waiting bench. Baekhyun was still there.

"What happened?" He asked. I couldn't talk because of my tears. He hugged me.

"Tell me, who is Chen to you?" He asked quietly this time. 

"H-he's m-my br-brother. I just found out, too. A-and h-he has b-brain tumor. He's going to die Baekhyun," I told him.

"It's okay," he said, patting my back and kissing my head softly. I cried harder.

"It's not okay. It was like when you broke up with me, but worse," I cried.

"Shh," he said.

"I wish I never went to America, so this wouldn't have happened and I would be still with you," I said.

"Do you want to start over again?" He asked. I nodded.

"Now tell me, how'd you meet Chen?" He asked.

~ Flashback ~

"Minah, we have someone you have to meet," mom said.

"Who?" I asked. Behind her, a boy with dark blonde hair came out.

"Meet Chen," she told me. He stretched out his hand and I shook it.

"He's your brother," Mom told me.

"Really?" I asked.

"I , uhh, also have brain tumor," Chen told me.

"But, why? How? But I just met you, how long have you had it?" I asked.

"I got it when I was nine, so five years ago," he shrugged.

"Then come with us back to Seoul so we can spend more time," I said.

~ End Of Flashback ~

"Ahh, it was just like when we lost my dad," he said.

"I just wonder how someone loses someone that's your own family member," I told him. He gave me one last hug.

"Also, why are you in the hospita?" I asked.

"I just wanted to stalk you," he teased.

"You stalker!" I said playfully.

They say, once you lose something, you'll get another thing back. I lost Chen and I got Baekhyun back.

That's how fate is cruel.