Fifth Grade

The Life Trilogy: The Story of My Life

The boys had regained their energy and are back to school. It has been a few months since Pil Suk had moved away. It was time to start fifth grade.  It was also the time where me and JungKook had to go to separate schools, him to the middle/ high school and me still in the elementary school.

"Well, this is the first time I won't be with you, are you gonna miss me?" JungKook asked, teasingly. I shook my head and he pouted. 

"Luhan- Oppa!" I yelled, when I saw him at the school.

"Oppa?" JungKook said, angry.

"Yes, why?" I said, simply. He placed his hands on his hips.

"Why don't you call me Oppa?" He asked. I laughed.

"Why would I do that?" I said, between my laughs. Luhan ran up to us.

"Hey Minan, hey JungKook- Hyung," Luhan said. 

"Hey," JungKook strained.

"Well, we should get to our class." Luhan said. JungKook closed the car window and they drove away.

"Aren't you supposed to go to the other school?" I asked. He shook his head.

"I got, uhh, held back," he said, rubbing his neck.

"Really, I thought that your grades were so high," I teased. 

"Hey, the math tests were so hard, how do you find the area of a circle!?" He yelled. I shushed him; laughing.

"Where's first class?" I asked and he looked at his schedule.

"I have reading. REGULAR READING!" He yelled, shocked. I laughed again.

"Aww, I don't have Mr. Kim anymore!" He whined.

"Don't worry, I have reading with you," I said. He looked a bit happier.

"Let me see your schedule," he said, taking my schedule. He then analyzed both. He then cheered; I had a confused face.

"We have the same schedule!" He exclaimed. I groaned.

"Why?!" I yelled.

"Yah! Why don't you want to spend everyday with a handsome, fun guy like me!?" He yelled.

"Well, I don't have a friend to talk about girl stuff," I explained. He sighed.

"We should get going to class," he said. We joined the crowd and went up the stairs to our classroom.

when we got to the classroom, there were only a few students in there.

"The kids usually want to walk around 'til the bell rings," Luhan explained. We both picked our seats and little far from each other.

"C-can I sit here?" A girl with a pretty face and beautiful hair asked. Why would she be sitting with me when the cool kids are right over there?

"Uhh, sure," I said and she sat across from me.

"I'm Lee Minah by the way," I said, extending my hand. She took and shook.

"Hwang MinYoung, but you can call me Tiffany," she said.

"Where are you from? You don't look very Korean," I said.

"I'm from America," she said simply and my eyes widened.

"America!?" I exclaimed; I was lucky at only a few people were in this class. She nodded.

"Is there gold everywhere? Or does everybody have mansions?" I asked. She giggled.

"No silly, it's just like South Korea," she said. Behind her, I saw Luhan looking at Tiffany.

"Is there something behind me?" Tiffany asked. She turned around and Luhan looked away. I couldn't hold in my laughter.

"What's wrong?" She asked.

"Nothing," I replied. She shrugged it off.

"Good morning class, I am Ms. Jung," our teacher said.

"We should all introduce each other, I'm Ms. Jung, I am still single, and I hope we have a fun year ahead of us, now you go," she said, pointing to a boy.

"Anneonghaseyeo, Baekhyun-imnida," Baekhyun said. B-baekhyun? I haven't seen Baekhyun the whole summer be ause his family went on a vacation to Kazan, but he looks soo different.

"Anneonghaseyeo, Luhan -imnida," Luhan said.

"Minah, why are you staring at Baekhyun?" Tiffany asked. I haven't realized that I was watching him.

"Uhh, n-nothing," I stammered. She looked at me weirdly.

"Okkay," she said. Behind her, I saw Baekhyun and Luhan staring at her. Wait... Do they both like Tiffany? The bell rang.

" Wow, I didn't realize that we took the whole class time introducing each other. Well, see you kids tomorrow!" Ms. Jung exclaimed as we left through the door.

"Wait up Minah!" Baekhyun yelled, trying to get through the slow crowd. I waited near a corner.

"Hey," I said. The one minute bell rang, so I wanted to hurry it along.

"What's up?" He said, surprised that I wasn't happy to see him.

"So, how was Kazan?" I said, ignoring his question.

"Uhh, great!" He said, trying to not sound awkward.

"I'm sorry, but you look so different!" I said, emphasizing the word different.

"Yeah, well my mom made me get a makeover to find a perfect wife one day," he explained. The late bell rang. I started to worry, but Baekhyun calmed me down.

"It's okay, it's still the first day of school" he soothed. We parted ways and I went to P.E. Luckily, there were people coming in.


The first day is always the worst day of school for me because 1.) I can't find my classroom 2.) I usually don't have friends in my classes 3.) I may not like the teachers.

"So, how was fifth grade," JungKook asked. I groaned.

"Horrible! Talk about school and you'll be back in the hospital," I said menacingly. He immediately turned back to his seat. I smiled.

"Mom, what do you do when two boys like the same girl?" I aske when mom was preparing dinner. She put down the knife and turned to me.

"Well, it's up to her heart, who makes her feel safe and comfy, a perfect somebody to spend her life with," mom said, looking up to nothing.

How will Tiffany choose between Baekhyun and Luhan? They're both make you feel safe and comfortable, how could she choose?


A/N: Hi! Main author here! These chapters are getting longer and longer!

Here's Minah's schedule by the way:

Homeroom: Ms. Jung / Reading

2.) Mr. Choi / P.E.

3.) Ms. Kim / Mathematics

4.) Miss Lee / Art

5.) Ms. Soo / World History

6.) Mr. Jung / Science

7.) Mrs. Jeon / Language Arts