First Grade Pt. 3

The Life Trilogy: The Story of My Life

"Minah, what's wrong? You never get sick or even go to the nurse, tell me what's wrong?" Asked my mom, clearly concerned.

"Nothing, it must the breakfast I had," I said lying, 'You know, I had a lot of eggs and bacon." My mother then looked at me through the rear view mirror.

"I know you're lying," mom said, "Now, tell me what happened."  My mother looked at me concerned, again, before I talked.

"Well, my substitute yelled at me and almost sent me to the principal's office," I said. Well, it was true.

"You're only saying half of it, now tell me the rest," she insisted.

"Fine,oneofBaekhyun'sfriendscalledmeuglyandJungKookdidntbackmeupandinsteadcalledmeuglyandthegirlthatlikeshimsaidthatimighthavebeenadopted," I said quickly.

"What? Say that again," she said confused.

"Ugh! Fine, one of Baekhyun's friends called me ugly and JungKook didn't back me up and instead called me ugly and the girls that like him said that I might be adopted," I said out of breath.

"What?!?!!" Yelled mom, while losing her grip on the steering wheel and almost crashed into a curb.

"Why would he say that!? That punk! That bratty, arrogant boy! I knew we shouldn't have adopted him!" My mother stopped yelling when she realized what she said about JungKook getting adopted.

"What? He was adopted?" I asked confused.

"Can you keep a secret?" Asked my worried mom. I nodded.

"Okay, a long time ago when he was 3 and you were 2, we adopted him from the shelter, because he came from an abusive family," my mother said quietly.

"Really?" I asked dazed. Okay, I was not expecting that.

"Okay, we're home, now you go and rest," my mother said changing the topic. I agreed knowing my mother was sad and angry.


                                                                   At school POV

"Man, did I go too far?" JungKook asked Baekhyun. Baekhyun just nodded.

"Yes, yes you did, I actually saw her running to the bathroom with tears in her face," Baekhyun said, trying to get him to feel guilty.

"I didn't mean! Something like a monster just awakened and I said things I didn't mean," JungKook said guilty.

"You know, she'd probably be throwing things and planning to get back at you," Baekhhyun laughed.

"I still don't get it," Baekhyun asked confused.

"What?" Asked JungKook.

"Why would my friends be so mean, they know that we've been friends and they known her too," Baekhyun said.

"Don't worry, maybe the same that happened to me happened to them," JungKook said.

But little that they know, one girl madly in love was making his friends turn on her.


                                                                 At Home POV

"-And for now on, I will ignore and/or will not interact with that brat, JungKook," I swore while praying. I came out of my room for dinner and met face-to-face with JungKook. When I just ignored him and went ahead without even acknowledging him, he grabbed my wrists and turned me around.

"Listen, back at school, I'm sorry," he said apologizing. He was very sorry and was really going to do anything to have his sister back to hit him and make him smile everyday. Instead, I just ignored him and went straight ahead.

"What can I do to have you back?" He asked throwing his hands in the air. 

"Listen, something was making me, okay? Just please forgive me!" He pleaded.

"Just hit me with a hammer, I don't care! I just want you back!" He yelled, my parents were downstairs listening quietly. I just kept my mouth in a firm line and tried to get past him.

"Fine! Have it your way!" He let go of my wrist a little bit too hard. My parents then ran to the kitchen hoping that we didn't know that they were listening.

"Minah, can you pass the mash potatoes?" Asked Dad. I passed him the mash potatoes avoiding eye contact with JungKook sitting next to Dad. Usually, it would be noisy with our sibling bickers about senseless topics, but tonight, it was dead silent.

"Well, I'm stuffed. Good cooking Dad," JungKook said getting up.

"Me too," I said putting my dish in the sink.


It was 9:00 when I finally went to bed.

"Goodnight," said a voice, I realized that it wasn't Dad, but it was JungKook.