Eighth Grade Pt.2

The Life Trilogy: The Story of My Life

JungKook POV

My real mom was lying. They were the parents that used to abuse me. Even my sister was hitting me. Sure Minah hits me, but it's like a joke hit, unlike my sister, Jung Ah. She's like Pil Suk x1000. I would've liked it if it was Pil Suk, at least she's nicer. Why did I agree to come back to my original family?

"Ugh! That Lee family of yours was a total horror!" Mom yelled. 

"I agree, I saw her cabinets and saw no makeup whatsoever. No wonder she's so ugly," Jung Ah agreed.

"I agree. No wonder you wanted to leave them, JungKook," Mom said.

"I only left them because I thought you weren't the bad parents I've had since I was a baby," I shot at her.

"Well, you should've remembered our faces. You don't know how glad I was when you ran away. We had little Jung Ah with us, who's way better than you," Mom said.

"I thought I did. I guess Jung Ah will be alone in her life too," I mumbled. Unfortunately, Jung Ah heard and slapped me across my face. Hard.

"Well, I'll find one, I'm not sure about that Min girl will find one. I wonder who would date such a thing," Jung Ah sneered.

"Well, she does have a boyfriend, a very cute might I say," I acknowledged. Jung Ah's eyes went wide.

"And what school does he go to? The same one as the Min girl?" She asked. I quite to not reveal anything else. She took my silence as a yes. "Mom. Enroll me to SM Middle School." 

"No you can't do that!" I sputtered, shocked from her statement. Jung Ah tilted her head.

"And why not?" She asked.

"Because her boyfriend is in the hospital?" I said. I immediately regretted it after I said it. Geez, stop your little big mouth Jeon JungKook!

"See! She is a bad person," Jung Ah exclaimed.

"Ok, I called the school and you'll be starting school on Monday," Mom said, after calling the school administrator.

"Great. That girl doesn't know what's out for her," Jung Ah said, smirking. I ran up to my room and slammed the door shut. Why'd I leave my other family? Why'd I have such a bad family? Why?

That's it. I grabbed my backpack and put in my essentials. I locked the door and opened the window. Before I jumped out, I grabbed the picture of mom and Jung Ah and threw on the floor, creating small shards to block the way to the window.

I jumped out, landing on the balls of my feet and ran off. Luckily our house isn't that far from Minah's house. I ran and turn many corners before I found the house. I ran to one of the windows. The family, my family, was laughing and seems to be having a good time. I guess that they don't miss me at all. I tried to fight off the tears, but they came streaming down my cheeks. How could Minah not miss me?

Minah then left the table and went upstairs. Thanks to my climbing skills and the wall being rough, I climbed up very easily. I saw Minah lying in bed. I went on the balcony and tapped on the balcony door. Minah opened her eyes and went to the door. She opened the curtain a little bit and saw me. When I met eyes with her, she put a hand on , looking shocked. She immediately opened the door to let me in.

"What are you doing here?" She whispered. 

"I have something to tell you, but don't tell mom and dad that I'm here," I whispered back to her. She nodded and then hugged the lights out of me.

"I miss you so much," she said into my ear. "Tell me the secret. I won't tell mom and dad."

"Are you sure that you'll keep it?" 

She nodded.