Action 65

YOU belong to Me and only Me, my Dear Wifey

It’s been two dreadful months for Jonghyun and Se Kyung. They spoke to each other every day, but it wasn’t a nice conversation, it was more of a questioning conversation.  Sometimes Jonghyun wouldn’t even return home for days. Se Kyung’s is in her 7 month pregnancy. Her stomach was growing big each brighten day as she continue the days.

Se Kyung and DaNa checked back in with the OBGYN doctor last month and it was great news. Se Kyung was having twin girls, just like Jonghyun had wanted. She had small hope that maybe it was twin boys so that she could dress them up just like their father. Both of their love was unconditional but it was hidden deep inside of each other, not opening it back up.

Something that Jonghyun never forgets to do is to check on Dabin and Se Kyung before he heads to sleep. He placed a small kiss on their foreheads, brushing back their hair that was covering their face. He would stare silently in the room, watching Se Kyung sleep peacefully.

Her biological family, she finally opens up to them. It felt weird to call her biological mom “mom”, but she’s trying to adjust it. Sungmin was always by her side when she needed him. Although it’s been years since their separation, it felt as if they never separated. Se Kyung would seek Sungmin for help or just someone who she can talk to. Sungmin was there to listen to her stories attentively, not interrupting her. When it was his time, he would tell her what he had in mind.

Her adopted family moved back to Seoul where they were provided with shelter and jobs. Joon continued his education and her father were accepted to work in Jonghyun’s company as a security guard. All of this was done in secret, keeping it away from Se Kyung. When she asked how her parents were able to provide the house and such, they only reply with “of course by my job money” her father would proudly announce. Se Kyung knew that Jonghyun provided the job but she didn’t know he was the one paying for their housing and Joon’s tuition money. He did not only attend just any ordinary school but a private school so that he can further his education.

The guys still hang out once in a while but not as often as they would like. Jonghyun was caught up with work and his problems at home. Key was busy with his design projects that he launched not long ago. Minho had family matters to attend to. Taemin left for the States to further his dance skills in teaching four months ago. Onew was busy with his new girlfriend who he bumped into a month ago. It was weird to see Onew dating but it was slowly coming into view. Who would think that a clumsy person like him would get a girlfriend before the rest?

Minhyuk and DaNa were busy dealing with DaNa’s father because he forbids Minhyuk to date her any further. It was stressing for DaNa therefore Se Kyung didn’t ask much from her. BoA, Yoogeun and Yunho went on a business trip to France so she didn’t have anyone else to hang out with besides her daughter.

“How’s your problem with DaNa’s father?” Jonghyun ask.

Minhyuk sigh, “Not so great. He forbids me to see her any further. I knew this was bound to happen someday but I just can’t let her go…” Minhyuk said in a sad tone.

“I’m sorry to hear Minhyuk.”

“I’ll find a way to conceal with him. What’s going on with you and Se Kyung? Any progress?” Minhyuk look at Jonghyun.

Jonghyun didn’t answer right away. He look down at his folded hands, his mind thinking of a thousand things altogether.

“Am I making a mistake here, Minhyuk?” Jonghyun sadly question.

“What do you mean?”

“I feel like I’m keeping her away from her freedom. Am I selfish to keep her by my side?” He look Minhyuk in the eyes.

“Jonghyun, I’ve known you for quite sometimes now. I know how much you love her. You wanting to keep her next to you is not selfish.”

“But she’s not happy…”

“She’s not happy both ways. If you let her go, it’ll only worsen things up.”

“I don’t know anymore…”

“She can get extremely emotional since she’s pregnant so bare with her hm?”

Jonghyun smile thinking of his plan.

“When she first announced she was pregnant with twins, you don’t know how happy I was. At that time, I lost was enrage with the sudden news making me scream at her. I hurt her feelings but she was the first one who had hurt me. I don’t know why she decided to keep it a secret from me. She’s never kept any secret from me before. I feel like she’s slowly drifting away from me. I’m scare… scare that she’ll leave me one day and never return… What I’m most afraid of is losing her love. You don’t know how much I loathe for her love.”

Minhyuk could not utter a single word out from his mouth. He was sad with Jonghyun.

“You’re lucky because you don’t have to hide anything truth from DaNa unlike me. If I had the chance, I would continue to keep that secret away from her. All I wanted to was to protect her from being harm. Even though I’ve dated a few girls here and there, none of them are like Se Kyung.”

Minhyuk felt that pain in him as well. Every word Jonghyun spoken was nothing but a needle piercing through his heart. Although their

“Jonghyun, have you told Se Kyung the truth about everything?”

Jonghyun look away.

“What’s the point of telling her the truth? She’ll only deny it.”

There was nothing to change Jonghyun’s mind once it is set. Everything he worked so hard for is slowly falling apart. Minhyuk will not stand and watch as his life slowly crumbles back down.

“Minhyuk, I’ll help you. I know DaNa’s father well. I will help you win DaNa.”

“Hyung…”

Jonghyun smile that smile that no one hasn’t seen in a while.

“Leave it all to me.” Jonghyun pat Minhyuk on the shoulder before walking out of Minhyuk’s office.

 

“Where do you think you’re going?” DaNa’s father’s voice echo in the empty room.

“Out” DaNa dryly reply back.

“Are you going to meet with that scumbag again?”

“He’s not a scumbag!”

“Than what is he? He’s nothing but a poor kid.”

“At least he has a pure heart unlike some people.” DaNa defensively reply back.

“He’s only dating you because of your wealth! Are you so blind that you do not know?”

“He’s not like that! You don’t know him!”

“I know who he is. He’s from a poor family!”

“You never gave him the chance to talk with you! All you assume is that he’s dating me because he’s after wealth. Well you’re wrong.” DaNa stomp back into her room.

“You’re not to step a foot out of this house you hear me!” he shouted after DaNa with his growling voice.

 

Jonghyun return home after a long day at work. It was dreadful but what can he say?

“Appa!” Dabin greeted Jonghyun with a kiss.

“How’s my daughter doing?”

“Good. Umma’s asleep already.”

“Is that so? Why are you still up than?”

“Because I wanted to wait for you.”

“Let’s get you into bed.”

“But I’m not tired” Dabin lied.

Jonghyun shook his head with a chuckle as he carried her into her room. He place her gently on her bed, covering her tiny body with the blanket.

“Let’s read your bedtime story.”

“Okay.”

Jonghyun pull out her favorite book, reading the first page. Shortly after reading, Dabin was fast asleep. Jonghyun smile, placing the book on the night stand. He plant a kiss on her forehead, gently closing the door behind him.

He check on Se Kyung next. It was more of a daily routine for him since Se Kyung return home. She was already fast asleep in the bed, her back on the bed. He bent down to gaze at her beautiful sleeping face. Even without make-up, she still looks gorgeous like always. She may have gained a little weight but that didn’t take away her perfect body.

 

(Jonghyun POV)

After chatting with Minhyuk, I finally came to my decision. It was hard to come up with the decision but I’ve finally come to a conclusion. Yes, I was selfish from keeping you with me when you wanted to be far from me. I thought that maybe that we can pick up where we left off but I guess I was wrong. It never happened and probably won’t ever happen again.

A tear trickled down as I continue to gaze at her. It hurts to let her go but that’s the only thing I can do now.  

The following day, I barge into Taemin’s home.

“Hyung?” Taemin surprisingly ask in a shock voice.

“Hi Taemin.” Jonghyun half wave with a smile.

“W-what brings you here so early in the morning? Wait, how did you find out I was back?”

“Taemin, who do you think I am? I know where you are all the time.”

“Of course. You’re always so sneaky.” Taemin grin.

“You don’t mind if I stay with you for a few days right?”

“Why? Don’t tell me you and Se Kyung had an argument.”

“It’s nothing like that.”

“Then tell me what happened.”

“I just felt like being away from home for a few days. Don’t worry, I won’t bother you.”

“Hyung…” I close the door even before Taemin could continue asking me question.

I sat down on the bed, my hands rubbing my tired face. I haven’t had any sleep in the last two days and it’s killing me. Last night I spent the whole entire night staring at my wifey’s face for the last time. I didn’t want to go to Key’s place because he’ll continue to pester me with his questions. Minho and Onew were off the list because they were awkward. Minhyuk was facing difficulties so he didn’t want to be in the way. Taemin was his only last hope because I know that he won’t pester me with questions.

Why didn’t I just rent a hotel and live there? There was no point when I know I won’t be using it much besides changing clothes.

 (End POV)

 

“I can feel the kick.” Dabin announce.

Se Kyung quietly laughs as she watches Dabin place her tiny hand on her stomach. The twins were kicking here and there. She laughs in glee every time she felt the kick.

“Where’s appa?” Dabin finally ask.

This was what Se Kyung was trying to avoid the past days. She noticed that Jonghyun hasn’t been home since last week. She grew curious but never called him to ask him why because of her pride.

“Oh. He’s away for work.” Se Kyung simply lies.

“Really? When is he coming back? I miss him.”

“Soon…” she lied with a smile.

It’s been days and he hasn’t return home. She wasn’t able to fall asleep because she feared that something bad was going to happen. She try lying to herself that everything will be fine but deep inside, she was frighten, scared out of her wits. The following day, Jonghyun’s lawyer paid her a visit.

“Sit down Lawyer Yoon.”

He sat down across from Se Kyung, his briefcase in the coffee desk.

“What brings you here today Lawyer Yoon?”

He cleared his throat before telling her the purpose of his visit.

“I am here on behalf of Jonghyun’s request.”

“Jonghyun sent you?” Se Kyung asked in a surprise tone.

He draws a paper from his briefcase, passing it to Se Kyung who accepted it. She didn’t have to read any further, the title explained everything.

(Se Kyung POV)

I couldn’t believe what I was reading. “Divorce Agreement” was printed on the top. Jonghyun filled out all the form, waiting for me to sign my name.

“W-what’s the meaning of this?” I asked Lawyer Yoon with my disbelief voice.

“It clearly stated it there. Jonghyun wants a divorce.”

“D-divorce” I choke the word.

I’m not letting you leave me, if that’s what you plan on doing.”

“I can leave you anytime I want.”

“You’re still my wife.”

“Let’s get a divorce than.” I blurted out the sentence without thinking.

“D-divorce?” his voice filled with shock and horror.

 “You heard me. I want a divorce.”

“No. I won’t allow it.”

“Why not? Afraid that I will ask for compensation? Don’t worry, I won’t ask for a penny from you.”

“You haven’t forgotten have you? You’re pregnant with my child and until you give birth to the child, you will not receive a divorce. That’s my final answer. I think of it that you will be home by the time I get back from work. If not, I will make your life a living hell and I'm assure you know what I mean.”

My hands were shaking as I held the piece of paper. This was what I had feared. I didn’t know he was willing to go this far, to give me what I asked for. He was willing to give me a divorce when he said he didn’t want to. Why? Why is he concurring to my request that I didn’t mean it?

“Did he tell you anything else?”

“No Mrs. Kim. He dropped it off early this morning.”

I couldn’t believe it. Jonghyun wants a divorce. Didn’t he say he wanted to keep me by his side? I know that I haven’t been acting like a wife to him lately and I blame myself.

“Oh, here’s the other form that he wanted me to give directly to you.”

My shaking hand accepted the paper. My eyes grew wide when I read what was writing on the paper.

“I-is this real?” I asked in a shocking tone.

“Yes Mrs. Kim. Everything written on that piece of paper is true. Jonghyun passed down all his wealth including the house to you. Everything he owes now belongs to you.”

“N-no…” I mumble.

I drop the papers to the ground, my hands shaking uncontrollable. No, this cannot be happening. Suddenly my visions became blurry and the next thing I know, I black out.

“Mrs. Kim!” Lawyer Yoon shouted, rushing to my side.

 

I woke up staring at the white ceiling.

“You’re awake!” a familiar voice call.

I turn my head to my left and there she was, standing there with a worried face.

“U-umma…”

My biological mom was standing next to me, her face filled with horror.

“Are you okay? Are you hurt anywhere? Feeling any discomfort?”

I shook my head, trying to force a smile out.

“You made everyone so worried. What happened?”

Tears trickled down as I thought of what happened earlier. I couldn’t tell mom what happened today, not right now. I needed time to think it over.

“It’s nothing. Just tired.”

“You haven’t been sleeping lately. Is something going on between you and Jonghyun?”

“It’s nothing umma.” I lied to her.

“It’s okay, everything will be alright.” Umma brush my hair back, wiping away my tears.

Everyone came to visit me, checking up on how Iam. I only smiled and told them I was fine. Key was the hardest to kick out of the room. He fussed over every little single thing.

“What were you thinking?” he shrieks.

“I’m sorry” was all I could say.

Seeing pain in my eyes, he decided to stop fussing, leaving me to cry my eyes out. Two people didn’t visit me, not even once. Taemin and Jonghyun didn’t show their face. I knew it. Taemin still hates me to this very day because of his father. Jonghyun hated me, no wonder he wanted that divorce. He was probably sick and tired of seeing my ugly face.

 I was discharged later that evening. Instead of going back home, I went to stay with my biological mom’s place. She wouldn’t let me stay by myself especially after being discharge. Jonghyun’s whereabouts, I wasn’t sure. All I heard was that he was out of country.

“Dabin, can you help me bring these in?”

Dabin nodded her head; help carry one of my bags into the house. I felt useless because I couldn’t do much. I felt like I was always in people’s way after being pregnant.

“Se Kyung, sit here while I get you some tea.”

“Yes umma.”

Dabin roam around the house in delight as I sat down on the couch, my hand rubbing my stomach. I can feel the twin’s kicking once in a while.

“Here Drink up.”

I obediently drink the tea in one try. I gave the cup back to mom who place it down on the table.

“Your oppa will come home soon.”

I only nodded my head.

Mom and I had small conversations here and there. She never asked me what happened about earlier and I was glad she didn’t. I don’t know if I can handle the tears again.

I know I was wrong for bringing it up in the first place but I thought he would never do it. On top of that, I felt extremely horrible knowing that I tried to avoid his presence. I was just so lost, scared that he doesn’t see me like the old one anymore.

I loved him very much and still do but I just didn’t know how to show it. Every move I make or words I said were nothing but hurtful words. Now everything came crumbling down in my world…

Sungmin lightly knock on my bedroom door.

“Come in.” I weakly responded to the knock.

He smiled as he walk in, closing the door lightly behind him.

“How are you holding up?”

“Okay.”

He pull the chair next to the bed, sitting down.

“Want to tell me what happened?”

I shook my head.

“Is it about Jonghyun?”

I nodded my head. I felt as if I was mute, unable to voice my voice.

“Did you guys have a fight?”

I shook my head.

“He left you didn’t he?” Sungmin hit the spot.

He patiently waited for my response, not rushing me one bit.

“He… wants a divorce…” I finally responded.

“I know.”

I turn my head to look at him, almost frightfully.

“Y-you did? H-how?”

“He told me before he left for work. He’ll be back in a week or so.”

“Oh” escape from my voice.

“Se Kyung, I know you’re having a hard time trying to coop with it. Jonghyun wants you to take all the time you want. He’s willing to do anything you ask for.”

I listen to what Sungmin had to tell me.

“Being your oppa and his hyung, I don’t want to see you end your marriage. When was the last time you both had a nice easy conversation?”

“A while…”

It was true; we never really had a nice conversation. I missed it a lot.

“How much do you love him?”

“A lot… More than my life…”

“As your oppa, you know that I will always stand by your side forever. If you choose to divorce him, I will understand.

“He hates me. I wasn’t a good wife to him, that’s why he’s issuing this divorce.”

“Se Kyung, if he hated you so much, why would he hand all of his belongs to you?”

“Because he felt guilty.”

“Guilty? Are you thinking at all?”

“What else is there? Nothing.”

He sat quietly, staring into space. Me, I was occupied thinking about the divorce.

I just want you to know that Jonghyun has never stopped loving you since childhood and never will.” Sungmin finally spoke up.

“He wanted to make everything work but in the end, he decided to let you go because he said he failed. He failed as a husband and father. He wanted you to know that he’ll love no other than you. Even if you’re far from him, he’ll never stop loving him. That’s how strong his love to you is.”

I didn’t have to say a word to know because I know it was true. Right there I started crying. Tears flow down my eyes as reality struck on me. Each word Sungmin said stabbed me in the heart. Sungmin comfort me as I cried out my heart.

I don’t know how much tears I’ve cried before I could no longer cry a single tear. After my tears, I fell into a deep sleep. I don’t know how long I’ve slept but when I woke back up, my head was spinning like crazy.

Sungmin quietly enter my room, taking his seat in the very same place.

“How’s your head?”

“Spinning.”

“You’ve slept for two days. I thought something bad had happened.”

I smile.

“Done crying?” he asked with a chuckle.

I nodded my head.

“Good because you have a visitor.”

“V-visitor?”

I was hoping it was Jonghyun but when that person walks in, my hope died.

 

-----------------------------------

It's kind of rushed but I hope you understand the passage and where it's going.