Action 57

YOU belong to Me and only Me, my Dear Wifey

"Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter."

- Martin Luther King, Jr.  

-------------------------

Jonghyun return home with puffy eyes, all from shedding tears. Se Kyung greeted him with a warm hug, asking nothing. Jonghyun hug her, placing his head on her shoulder for support.


BoA took her leave, patting both Jonghyun and Se Kyung on the back as she walk out the door. The clock tick away but neither of them made a move. Se Kyung knew what had happen, all from Jonghyun's facial expression.


He didn't have to talk for her to know. Jonghyun finally move back from her but kept his hands on her shoulder. Se Kyung stare at his puffy eyes.


"Did you eat yet?" she ask him.


He solemnly shook his head.


"Let's find something for you to eat first." Se Kyung drag Jonghyun to the diningroom where he sat diligently on the seat.


She cook a quick meal for him to eat for now. Jonghyun's gaze never left the plate as he slowly ate. Se Kyung made no noise or project at his sudden weirdness, for she knew all to well.


"Done?" she ask him.


He quietly nod his head like a child. She clean up the plates, washing them as Jonghyun strode away into his study room.


Jonghyun's mind was fill with so many sweet memories of Dabin, her cute smile, voice, everything. Nothing can replace those memories of her, nothing.


Se Kyung quietly enter the room, squatting down in front of Jonghyun, piering at him with quietness. Jonghyun gaze at his wifey, feeling sorry for himself. He just couldn't bring himself out of his misery.


She place her hands on his, caressing it.


"Key call.. He say.. Dabin's not too well right?" she whisper.


Jonghyun didn't say a word or make any noise. He sat there, still frozen in place.


"I want to visit her tomorrow.. if you allow it." Se Kyung ask for permission.


Jonghyun stare at her with his puffy eyes.


"Oh! I forgot to show you the pictures. Wait here, I'll bring it."


Se Kyung happily skip out the door in a flash, coming back in with a big smile.


"You can't see much because the baby isn't big yet." She hand him the photos, where he silently gaze at it.


"I can't wait for him to grow, he can be Dabin's little brother. Another family member to add." she smile.


Jonghyun stare at the photo, slowly tighten his grip. Se Kyung stop talking, her smile fading away.


"Stop faking like you're alright." Jonghyun finally spoke.


"What do you mean? I am alright." she fake a smile.


"You're hurt inside. You want to shed a thousand tears for her. You want to shout at the doctors for not saving her. Do something! Something that make me less crazy!" Jonghyun exploded.


Se Kyung stare at him with her bewilded eyes. She knew he was right. She wanted to do all of those things but because she was the wife of the family, she had to hold everything together. Train herself to be stronger. She can't be a weak mother who knows only how to cry. She hated herself for being so weak.


"Jonghyun.." she try to reach out for him but he move away from her.


"I wanted you to be strong, that is why I yell at you. But now I realize, you're no better. You cry yourself to sleep when I'm not here. You act tough but on the inside, you're hurting so badly."


"I'm really fine. I'm not lying to you. See? I'm really fine. You're just acting weird." she try to calm him down.


"No! I rather have you throw tantrums than be quiet and understanding. I was wrong! I was so wrong!" Jonghyun walk around his study room with anger.


"What do you want me to do than? Throw a tantrum so you can be satisfied?" she yell back.


"Yes! That will make me feel a little at ease." he shot back.


"I can't do that anymore. I threw all my emotional away. I don't want to be weak anymore. All those times you stood by me, I realize how weak I was, always depending on you." she stare at him with her sorrow eyes.


"After finding out that I was pregnant, I realize how much of a fool I am. A mother who couldn't protect her daughter to the end. All I knew was to cry. I was useless while you did everything to help her. I don't want that anymore. I hate it! I hate myself! I hate it! I hate it!" Se Kyung shouted with tears.


Jonghyun stop his track, staring at his wifey.


"I'm no longer weak. I want to be strong. I want to be a mother who her children can be proud of! Why, why can't anyone see that?!"


Jonghyun quickly took his step forward to her, bringing her into his embrace.


"I'm sorry Se Kyung. I'm so sorry." he rub her back as she shed tears.


"Please forgive me.. I didn't mean to yell at you."


After an hour of shouting and yellings, they finally calm down. Jonghyun held her in between his legs, his hand lock around her waist. They sat on the couch, listening to the noises coming from the heater.


"Dabin.. is she really sick?"


"She's all wire up."


"I want to see her tomorrow. I want to tell her of the news."


"Okay."


Jonghyun didn't project or disagree with her. He felt guilty for making his wife turn something that she wasn't. She held back all her emotions, her face fill with blanks.


They slept for a few hours before Se Kyung woke up, throwing up in the bathroom. Jonghyun instantly jump out of bed, running to his wife.


"Are you okay?" he frantically ask her.


She nodded her head as she flush the toilet.


"Just morning sickness." she told him.


"How bad?" he ask her.


"Happen a day ago. It's not serious." she lie to him.


He held her close to him as she drifted back to sleep. So many things are happening in just a month, he thought.


Se Kyung wore the same outfit Jonghyun wore when he enter the room. She was filled with horror, seeing her daughter all wire up.


"Umma?" Dabin's hoarse voice echo.


"It's umma." Se Kyung fake a smile.


"How is my daughter feeling today?" Se Kyung held one of her tiny hand into hers.


"Good.." she half smile.


"Did you miss umma?"


"Yes."


"When you get better, umma will make your favorite dish for you to eat. Therefore you have to get well soon okay?"


"I promise to get better."


"Good. Umma will be waiting patiently for you." she held her tears back.


"Dabin ah.. You're going to be a big sister."


"Really?" she ask with joy.


"Therefore you have to get better so you can watch over your baby brother."


"Okay."


Se Kyung her cheeks, not knowing what time it was.



"I'm tired umma.."


"Sleep my Dabin. When you wake up, you'll feel better." she lie to her, her warm cheeks.


"But I don't want to sleep.. I still want to look at umma's pretty face."


WIth that last sentence, Se Kyung couldn't hold back her tears. It started falling down uncontrollable.


"Why is.. umma crying.."


"Because Umma is happy that you're healing. Soon you'll be out and ready  to play with your baby brother." she lie again.


Dabin's eyelid slowly close as she drifted back to sleep. Se Kyung wipe her tears away with her hand, keeping her cries to herself.


Once she was out of the room, she no longer had tears but anyone who saw her would know she had cried. Jonghyun was next to her, hugging her.


"She's.. getting worse.." she whisper.


"We will find a donor. I will find one with all my might." Jonghyun sternly say.


Se Kyung nodded her head, hugging him back.


Mrs. Kim visit them most of the days, wishing that the doctor would let her visit her granddaughter.


"Why can't I visit her? She's my granddaughter." she objected.


"I'm sorry but only family members."


"Who made such ridiculous rules? Why are you keeping her away from us?" she demanded an answer.


"We are afraid that you can't go in. We do not want her to be contaminated." the nurse reply back.


"You all are useless." she mutter.


"Umma." Jonghyun calm his mother down.


"Why can't I see my granddaughter that I rarely spent time with?" she softly ask.


"She won't leave us umma. She's strong." Jonghyun say.


"I know son. I know."


Dabin's been sleeping more often than she wanted to. She only get to see her parents for a few minutes before she drifted back to sleep. Se Kyung and Jonghyun held each other for support, keeping their tears behind them.


"Hello?" DaNa answer her phone call one late night.


"Are you miss DaNa?" the male voice ask.


"Yes I am. Who are you?"


"You did a testing not long ago right?"


"Yes I did."


"You're a match to Kim Dabin."


"W-what?" DaNa stutter.


"We will not pressure you to be her donor but if you do make up your mind, please call us back."


Her phone slip out of her hand as she slowly sank to the ground. She couldn't believe she's a suitable donor to Dabin. She instantly call Minhyuk, telling him of the news.


Minhyuk met her at her apartment.


"Is it really true? Are you a suitable donor for her?" he ask her with a serious voice.


"They call not long ago." she look at him.


"A-are you going to do it?" he ask her.


"I won't force you to do something you don't want to do." he place his hand on her arm.


"Minhyuk.. You know I will do whatever I can to help that little girl."


"Really? Y-you will do it?"


"I'm willing to do it. I want to save her. She's such an innocent sweet girl with loving parents." she smile at Minhyuk.


"W-when?"


"As soon as they mark the date."


Minhyuk celebrated the news with DaNa that night. He was so overflow with happiness that nothing can stop him from smiling.


Se Kyung and Jonghyun were at home when they receive the news. Of course they were happy with tears.


"I can't thank you enough." Jonghyun say.


"Don't think me Mr. Kim. This is what I can offer as of help."


"You don't know how grateful Jonghyun and I are. We owe you a great help for a lifetime." Se Kyung smile.


"Don't say that. I'm nothing much." DaNa smile.


"Are you ready Miss. Kwon?" the nurse ask DaNa.


"Yes I am."


"Follow us."


"Wish me luck." DaNa smile.


The others waited patiently outside of the waiting room while DaNa and Dabin are inside the operating room. All of them were anxious to hear the news.


"It's taking way too long!" Key sigh loudly.


"It's not an easy task." Jonghyun whisper to him.


Bored of waiting, Taemin, Onew and Minho play some tackle games with each other, making loud noises.


"YAh! Stop that." Key demanded.


"We can't help it."


"Hello? We're here for support. Not to play." Key reminded them.


They all glump back to their seats, folding their arms to their chest in destest.


"Let them be Key." Se Kyung lightly laugh.


"See, you're spoiling them." Key pointed out.


"You're so obnoxious Key." Jonghyun mutter.


"Can't help it." Key stick his tongue at Jonghyun.


Minhyuk laugh at their small arguments.


The doctor along with nurses came out of the room, rolling Dabin out.


"How is she?" Jonghyun ask the doctor with a nervous voice.


"She's fine. Luckily we found a donor right on time. She will need plenty of rest."


"Thank you doctor."


"How about the donor?" Minhyuk ask.


"She's fine as well. She'll be out once she's concious."


"Okay. Thank you."


All of them except Minhyuk follow Dabin into her room. Minhyuk sat in the waiting room, waiting for DaNa to come out.


"I told you a miracle will happen." Key bluntly say.


"Sure you did." Onew smirk.


"I did!" Key half shouted.


"Be quiet or else I'm going to kick you all out." Jonghyun hiss at them.


They cover their mouth, indicating they will shut up.


DaNa walk out of the room, feeling slightly dizzy. She was glad the operating went will. To her surprise, Minhyuk was waiting outside for her.


"DaNa." he tightly hug her.


"What's this?" she ask with a laugh.


"I'm happy you're fine."


"I told you dummy, I will be fine."


"I know. I know."


Dabin woke up from her long sleep. She blink a few times to adjust her eyes.


"Umma? Appa?" she call out.


Jonghyun and Se Kyung both stood at her side when she call for them.


"Dabin ah. You're awake." her warm voice welcome Dabin.


"Am I getting better?" she ask, taking notice of the room and no wire to her body.


"Of course. You're a strong fighter." Jonghyun lightly tap her on the nose.


Dabin cutely laugh, bringing warmth into the room. It's been a long time since they heard her laughter.


A knock appear at her door as the guest walk in.


"DaNa." Se Kyung greeted her with a smile.


"You're awake." DaNa smile.


"Did you know how much you made your parents worry?" DaNa show a frown to Dabin.


"Really?" she look at her parents with a puzzle face.


Se Kyung and Jonghyun lightly laugh.


"You have to promise unni that you will be healthy from now on okay?"


"I promise."


"Good. Unni came to see how you are."


Se Kyung and DaNa made a small talk outside of her room while Jonghyun stayed with Dabin.


"She's still adorable."


"Thank you for saving her life. You don't know how much it means to me."


"I'm glad that I could help. She's lucky to have you two as her parents."


"She's a spoil kid, isn't she?"


"Indeed she is." DaNa smile.

 

---------------------------------

Finaly Dabin's problem is over with! Wheew.