Action 56

YOU belong to Me and only Me, my Dear Wifey

Any man can be a father. It takes someone special to be a dad.

- Author Unknown  

---------------------------------------------

Jonghyun rush through the doors, panting as he approach his mom.


"How is she?" he breathlessly ask.


"The doctor hasn't come out yet." Mrs. Kim figet with her fingers nervously.


Jonghyun and his mother sat on the waiting benches, waiting for the doctor to come out. Yunho reach there minutes after Jonghyun.


"Hyung." Jonghyun greeted Yunho.


"Any news yet?" he ask.


"Not yet." Jonghyun warily reply.


With the news spread so fast, Key appear from the other end.


"YAH! What's wrong with my daughter!?!" he demanded to know the answer.


"Key." Yunho's warning voice shot at Key.


"The doctor hasn't come out yet?" Key ask.


"Not yet." Mrs. Kim answer his question.


Key pace back and forth, annoying Yunho though he didn't say a word. Jonghyun stare at the ground, blinking his eyes once every minute. Mrs. Kim nervously waited for the doctor as she folded her hands multiple times.


"Where's Se Kyung?" Mrs. Kim finally took notice.


"At home resting." Jonghyun quietly reply.


"That's a relief." Mrs. Kim sigh quietly.


"Umma.. She's pregnant with your grandson." Jonghyun merely whisper.


"W-what did you just say?" Mrs. Kim ask with shock.


Key instantly stop pacing back and forth, his ears focus on their conversation.


"She's probably two weeks pregnant or so. She doesn't know yet." Jonghyun confess.


"H-how did you find out?" Mrs. Kim ask with a surprise tone.


"She fainted once while watching Dabin. The doctor told me of the news. I was shock when I found out she was pregnant with my child. I wanted to protect them both but with her stubborness, I couldn't keep her from visiting Dabin."


"She will find out soon."


"Yeah! I'm going to be another appa!" Key jump up and down with joy.


Jonghyun half smile to Key.


"I'm scare umma.. I'm scare of losing Dabin.. I'm scare that Se Kyung will get hurt.. I'm scare.." Jonghyun confess with a nervous tone.


"Jonghyun ah.." Mrs. Kim comforted Jonghyun.


Key and Yunho try their best to assure Jonghyun that Dabin will be fine.


BoA enter the warm house. She walk up the stairs to where Se Kyung slept. Se Kyung stir in her sleep, scaring BoA.


BoA sat down on the bed, watching Se Kyung sleep peacefully. Only if it could be like that for her lifetime.


Se Kyung finally woke up from her sleep, surprise to see BoA sitting on the bed.


"U-unni." Se Kyung surprising say with her hoarse voice.


"You're finally awake." BoA smile.


"W-what time is it?"


"2 PM. You slept pretty long."


"I guess I was really tired." Se Kyung yawn, covering her yawn with her backhand.


"Where's Jonghyun?" Se Kyung ask BoA.


"He's at the hospital." BoA clear .


"When did he leave?"


"Not long ago. He wants you to stay home for today." BoA lie.


"Oh." Se Kyung merely reply back.


"Are you hungry?" BoA ask.


"Sort of."


"I'll go cook you something to eat. Go wash up."


After washing up, Se Kyung walk downstairs.


"Eat slowly okay?" BoA say with a concern voice.


Se Kyung look at BoA with a confuse look before she slowly ate. She felt like puking but held it back as she swallow her food.


"Are you okay?" BoA notice Se Kyung's face turn pale.


"I'm okay. I think I'm coming down with a flu or something. I keep wanting to puke." Se Kyung reply back.


"Maybe.." BoA trail off.


The doctor finally came out from the emergency room. Jonghyun was the first one to stand up, approaching him.


"How is she?" he ask him.


"She's not well. She's losing the battle. We will have to keep her in this room. No one can visit her until further notice." the doctor pat Jonghyun on the shoulder for moral support.


"H-how can this be?" Mrs. Kim say with a screeching voice.


Jonghyun stood there frozen. He didn't want to believe a word the doctor just say but he knew it was all too true to be a lie. His daughter was being kept away from him, away from his reach. He couldn't do anything to help her.


"Jonghyun." Key touch Jonghyun on the shoulder, bringing him back to life.


"Hm?" Jonghyun's tired voice ask.


"She'll be fine in a few days." Key say.


"I know." Jonghyun lie.


One by one they slowly left the hospital. Yunho left for work. Key had to leave because of an emergency at work. Mrs. Kim return home to pack some food for Jonghyun. Jonghyun sat there waiting patiently, hoping they would let him enter. He wanted to see his daughter.


"Hyung." Taemin smile as he greeted Jonghyun.


"Taemin ah." Jonghyun force a smile out.


"Still no visiting?" Taemin sat down next to Jonghyun.


"Yep." Jonghyun stare at the ground.


"I heard news about your wife. Congratulation."


"Thanks Taemin."


They sat quietly, Jonghyuns staring off to space and Taemin's wondering eye observe the building surrounding him.


"Remember the time when Key piss you off?" Taemin suddenly say.


"What about it?"


"That was the first time I see you flare up. I was scare of you." Taemin lightly chuckle.


"That's because he broke my favorite statue giving from Yuri."


"That's what you thought but.. I was the one who broke it." Taemin confess.


Jonghyun slowly turn his head to look at Taemin, giving him glares.


"W-what?" Jonghyun's serious voice ask.


"H-hyung. It wasn't my fault! I just.. wanted to touch it but it slip out of my hand." Taemin stood up, taking a few steps away from Jonghyun.


"You. Broke. My. Statue!" Jonghyun yell.


"I'm sorry! I pay you back though!" Taemin reply.


"How!?" Jonghyun stood up from his seat.


"I.. I helped found Se Kyung!" Taemin say with his confident voice.


Jonghyun stop his track, processing Taemin's word. He was right, Taemin did help him find Se Kyung after so many months. Jonghyun sigh loudly, taking his seat again. Taemin slowly, very slowly took a seat next to Jonghyun, making sure he wasn't mad.


"How can it slide off your hand?" Jonghyun casually ask.


"I was observing your statue when Key suddenly shouted, scaring the hell out of me. Therefore I ended up dropping it, breaking it into pieces." Taemin smile.


"Why did Key end up with it than?"


"Key walk into the room as I stood frozen still. He notice your statue on the ground, in pieces. He pick them up and right when he finish picking up your pieces, you storm into the room." Taemin laugh.


"Poor Key." Jonghyun slightly smile.


"He try to tell you what happen but you refuse to listen."


"Gee. Now I feel guilty." Jonghyun look up.


"Don't worry. I made it up for you. I help Key with some things." Taemin smile.


"Good. It was all your fault." Jonghyun laugh.


"Did Se Kyung tell you how Onew got pink hair?"


"No. What happen?" Jonghyun ask.


"We were painting Dabin's room. The next thing we know, we were chasing each other with our paint brush. Minho accidentally kick the paint can, causing the paint to spill out. Unfortunately for Onew hyung, he had to pay the consequences. He slip, falling backward into the paint."


Jonghyun burst into laughter, clutching his stomach as he laugh. Taemin smile, glad to see Jonghyun laugh again.


"Man. I miss that." Jonghyun quiet his laugh.


"It took him a week to get the paint out of his hair. He walked around with pink hair. Imagine that." Taemin laugh.


"Thanks Taemin." Jonghyun smile.


"That's what brothers are for right? To comfort one another." Taemin pat Jonghyun on the shoulder.


Taemin left to his dance rehersal, leaving Jonghyun alone with Onew. Onew noticing Jonghyun's sadness try all his might to make Jonghyun fell better. That includes tripping on his own feet, slipping as he dances and many other things you can not imagine.


Jonghyun laugh at Onew's condition. Onew was glad to see Jonghyun brighten up after a few minutes of trying his best.


Se Kyung eye BoA curiously.


"What are you doing?" Se Kyung ask BoA.


"Huh?" BoA answer with a scared voice.


"You're hiding something from me huh?" Se Kyung ask.


"W-what? There's nothing to hide from you." BoA lie again.


"I know you're covering up for Jonghyun." Se Kyung mention.


"W-what? You know I'm always covering for him." BoA defended herself.


"True but this is different."


"H-how so?"


"There's something you're hiding from me. Something important." Se Kyung squint her eyes at BoA.


BoA lightly laugh, wiping her forehead.


"You're such a tease. No wonder Jonghyun likes you so much. You like to ." BoA lie with a laugh.


"Sure do." Se Kyung smile.


BoA try to keep herself together, hoping it'll last until Jonghyun returns. He owes her a big one, she thought. Se Kyung on the other wasn't feeling so great.


"I'm going to visit Dabin." Se Kyung finally say.


"W-what? You can't!" BoA shouted, surprising Se Kyung.


"Why can't I? She's my daughter. I have every right to visit her." Se Kyung walk into her room to get ready.


BoA sat on the bed waiting for her to come out. She had to do something quick and fast. Se Kyung can not go to the hospital.


Se Kyung got out of the bathroom dress warmly.


"You can't go." BoA say once again.


"And why not? Why are you acting so strange today? Are you sick?" Se Kyung place her hand on BoA's forehead.


"I'm not sick." BoA took Se Kyung's hand away from her forehead.


"Well you're strange today." Se Kyung noted.


She walk down the stairs and was ready to open the door when BoA instantly block her off.


"What are you doing unni?" Se Kyung ask.


"You can't go!" BoA say.


"Why not?" she eye Boa.


"Jonghyun wants you to rest."


"I've got enough rest." Se Kyung smile.


"Not enough. You have to eat more." BoA blurted out without thinking.


"Why should I?" Se Kyung raise her eye brow.


"Jonghyun says... He says.." BoA hesitated.


"What? Jonghyun says what?"


"All those throwing up feelings, they're not because you're sick... It's because your pregnant." BoA finally spill it out.


Se Kyung was taken by surprise.


"I'm pregnant?" Se Kyung surprising ask.


"He doesn't want to see you at the hospital at all. You must stay home and rest for the sake of your child."


"H-how did he know?"


"The day you fainted, he found out."


"H-Why did he hide it from me?" Se Kyung ask with her shock voice.


"He wanted to tell you but he never had the time."


"I'm such a bad mother.. I didn't even know I was pregnant.." Se Kyung whisper.


"You're not a bad mother. You were neglecting your own body at the time."


"Still.. I want to visit my daughter."


"Se Kyung, can't you think of Jonghyun's sake? He's preventing you from hurting yourself and the baby. Jonghyun will blame himself if you get hurt especially if you lose the child you're caring right now."


Se Kyung took a moment to think about it.


"Jonghyun will never forgive himself if you or the baby get harm. Please, listen to me. Don't go." BoA warmly say.


Se Kyung stare at BoA for a few minutes before walking back into the livingroom. She place both of her hand on her stomach.


"I'm pregnant.." Se Kyung mummur to herself multiple times.


BoA watch her without saying a word. Se Kyung felt bad for making Jonghyun worry about her. From now on she will take better care of herself and the child. She didn't want to see Jonghyun blaming himself over a mistake she did.


"Dabin.. Is she okay?" Se Kyung whisper.


"Huh?" BoA surprising ask.


"I know something's wrong with her.. Is she.. okay?"


"I.. don't know.."


"I faintly remember hearing your conversation with Jonghyun earlier.. "


"She's okay. Just being monitor by nurses."


Se Kyung close her eyes as she clutch her stomach. She wanted to visit her daughter but becaues Jonghyun refuses to let her go, she was stuck at home with BoA.


It's been a full day since he waited, pray, hope to get to see his daughter. Still they refuses to let him go in. Each day went by like hell for Jonghyun and Se Kyung. Jonghyun never return home as he waited at the hospital. Se Kyung was stuck home with BoA hovering over her.


Yesterday Jonghyun call home to talk with Se Kyung.


"She's fine." Jonghyun say.


"Can I come see her now?" Se Kyung ask.


"Not yet. I want her to be well before you see her." Jonghyun lie.


"BoA took me to the hospital today."


"How many weeks?"


"Three weeks so far. You can't see much in the pictures."


"I can't wait to see them." Jonghyun smile.


"When are you coming home?" Se Kyung ask, twisting her hair with her pointer.


"Soon." Jonghyun reply back.


"Okay. Come quick because I miss you." Se Kyung smile.


"I miss you too."


Their phone conversation were the same the following day. They talk about Dabin's health, how Jonghyun's holding up, and how big the baby is growing though there's not much change.


Minhyuk along with DaNa pay a visit at the hospital. They stayed with Jonghyun for a few hours. DaNa got tested and was waiting for her result. Jonghyun was grateful for DaNa's offer. She even had her family come in to get tested as well.


Jonghyun was finally allow to see his daughter. Key was furious that he was unable to see her. 'Only family member were allow' was pissing him off. Just because Key wasn't her real father doesn't mean that he doesn't get to see her.


He gave deadly glares to the nurses every day because they refuses to let him in. Jonghyun had to wear protected gown before he enter.


There lay Dabin on the bed all wire up. She was surrounded with plastic, keeping her in like she was in prison. Jonghyun try to hold back his tears as he her hair. She weakly open her eyes, gazing at her father.


"Appa." she weakly say.


"How are you feeling?" Jonghyun ask with a smile.


"Tired." she reply.


"Don't worry. You'll get better." Jonghyun smile.


"Umma?" she ask.


"She's at home. She will come visit you tomorrow."


"I miss you and umma a lot.." she couldn't smile her cute smile anymore.


Just seeing her in this miserable state was killing him. She was all wire up, cover with needles. She wasn't able to smile cutely. Her eyes were only open halfway.


"Dabin.. you have to get better for appa okay?"


"I.. promise." Dabin pull out her pinky.


Jonghyun lock pinky with her, fighting back his tears. He couldn't cry yet, not in front of her. He needs to be strong in front of her, give her support so she can fight her disease.


After Dabin was asleep, Jonghyun was told to leave the room. Once he was out, he burst into tears. Mrs. Kim and the guys comforted Jonghyun. Jonghyun couldn't hold back his tears anymore.


If he could, he would trade his life with hers. She was so innocent. She didn't deserve to be punish like this. If she was to leave them, he would blame the hospital. Blame the doctor for being so careless.


"Jonghyun.. it'll be fine." Taemin and Onew repeated over and over.


Key being the loudest was actually quiet this time. No words would escape from his mouth considering him to be the blunt and loud. He himself cry silently as he watch Jonghyun nervously break down. He himself knew that Dabin wasn't the same, she was close to death.

 

-----------------------------------------------------

Had to throw in some funny moments like Taemin telling stories and Onew with his condition. ^^