Action 55

YOU belong to Me and only Me, my Dear Wifey

When you are a mother, you are never really alone in your thoughts. A mother always has to think twice, once for herself and once for her child.

- Sophia Loren, Women and Beauty

--------------------------------------------------------

They return Da Bin the next day as they had promise to the doctor. Luckily she was fine throughout the whole time she was away from the hospital.


The doctor did a quick check up with Da Bin. When he return into the office to talk to her parents, he had a worried face.


"What's wrong doctor?" Jonghyun nervously ask.


"It's acting fast now. I'm afraid she's already reach her danger zone." the doctor shook his head in sadness.


"W-what do you mean? She was fine just a moments ago!" Se Kyung loudly shouted.


"That was earlier. Her condition may vary. After I did her check up, I notice she's getting worse."


"W-what can we do?" Jonghyun ask with a concern voice.


"Wait for a suitable donor." the doctor folded his hand, placing them on his work desk.


"And if we don't find one.."


"She will die."


Se Kyung and Jonghyun both look at each other with wary eyes. This was not what they wanted to hear after Christmas.


"There must be a donor out there. Please, I beg you. Save her." Se Kyung beg.


"Mrs. Kim, I am trying my best but now there's nothing I can do. All we have to do is wait for a suitable donor."


"H-how long?" Se Kyung demanded.


"It varies. It may take weeks to months or even years. Most times, the person end up dying as they wait for a donor."


"No! I won't let her die! Aren't you a doctor? How can you let a poor kid like her die? She doesn't deserve to die!" Se Kyung shouted with anger and tears.


Jonghyun pull Se Kyung out of the office to calm her down. She was overthrown with her temper.


"Calm down wifey. You being angry and yelling at the doctor won't do any good."


"Than what am I suppose to do? Wait for her to die?" Se Kyung threw her hands up angrily.


"There will be a donor. I know there will." Jonghyun undoubtfully say.


"What if there isn't? What if she dies? What will you do than huh?" Se Kyung look him in the eyes.


Jonghyun sigh loudly, brushing his hair with his fingers.


"You can't let her see you like this, it won't help her. It'll only make her worry." Jonghyun rub Se Kyung's arm with his hand.


Se Kyung swallow as she wipe her tears away.


"You're right. Our daughter needs us at this moment. I can't break down."


She was already fast asleep when they enter her room. Jonghyun stood behind Se Kyung as she sat down in the chair next to Dabin.


"What are we going to do? She's so innocent. We just receive her not long ago.. It wouldn't be right if she leaves.." Se Kyung whisper.


"You're thinking too much wifey." Jonghyun held her shoulder, squeezing it.


"I'm scare Jonghyun.."


"Don't be. I'm here with you. She's a strong girl. She won't leave us, ever." Jonghyun confidentally say.


"I hope you're right.."


Minhyunk finally courted his crush. Minhyuk was nervous to ask her out, scare that she will reject him. Turns out that she liked him the first time they bump into each other at her father's work place. They've been dating for almost a few weeks now.


Remembering his chat with Se Kyung, he called her up.


"Hello?" Se Kyung's weak voice answer on the other end.


"Are you okay?" Minhyuk worrily ask.


"I'm fine. How are you?"


"I'm doing good. How's Dabin?"


"She's getting worse each day Minhyuk.. I'm scare.." Se Kyung try to hold back her nervous break down voice.


"She will be fine." Minhyuk reassure her.


"Thanks." she silently say.


"Are you doing anything tonight?" he ask her.


"Besides watching my daughter, no. Why?"


"I want you to meet someone." he clear his throat.


"Really? You ask her out?" Se Kyung's happy voice kick in.


"Er yeah. Weeks ago." Minhyuk slightly laugh.


"Congratulation Minhyuk! I knew you had it inside of you." she quietly laugh.


"I didn't know myself. So, I want you and Jonghyun to meet me at the usual spot. Jonghyun should know where it is."


"Okay. I can't wait to see her."


Se Kyung hang up the phone, placing it back into her jacket pocket. Her tiredness is slowly chewing her up. Dabin wasn't getting any better.


On New Years eve, the family spent time together in her small room. Even though there were wire going through her body, it didn't stop her from laughing and playing. All of them had their own prayer that night.


Dabin's prayer was to live with her parents. Se Kyung pray from a savior to save her little Dabin. Jonghyun pray, hoping a miracle will happen.


"Look at you. Your face is so pale." Jonghyun touch her soft pale face.


"I'm okay. You're worse than me." she lightly laugh.


"You're right. Work is killing me." Jonghyun playfully grunt.


They arrive at the spot Minhyuk mention. They enter the restaurant, entering the special room Minhyuk requested. Inside sat Minhyuk and an unknown lady who must be his girlfriend.


"Hello." both Jonghyun and Se Kyung greeted with a smile.


"I'm glad you could make it." Minhyuk stood up to greet Jonghyun with a shake.


They settle down in their seats, introducing one another.


"I'm DaNa. Nice to meet you." she smile.


Se Kyung and Jonghyun nod their head, giving her a warm welcome. DaNa had a arrogant look. She wasn't ugly nor pretty but average. Her status was the same as Jonghyun. She was a sweet lady to everyone. No wonder Minhyuk got attach to her so quickly.


"How did you two meet?" Jonghyun curiously ask.


"You want to tell them?" MInhyuk look at DaNa.


"Sure." DaNa smile before she told the story.


"I was running an errand to appa when I accidentally bump into a stranger. I apologize a thousand times to him. When I look up, he was smiling at me. He said it was alright.


We enter the elevator together, him at far opposite side of me. Turns out we both exit at the same place and met the same person being my appa. Appa introduce us to each other and we greeted each other.


Since that day, I just couldn't stop thinking of him. Something about him makes me want to get to know him better. After a week of bumping into each other at my appa's work place, we met again at a convenient store.


Again, I bump into him, making him spill all his stuff from his basket. I apologize to him multiple times as I help him pick up his items. Turns out it was him. I was shock to see him again. He too was surprise to see me.


He treated me to a cup of coffee where we both startted talking to each other. We both got to know each other better. I have to say, he was cute a charmer though he denies it all the time. What a modest person."


"Hey. I wasn't being modest. It's true." Minhyuk interrupted.


"Sure it was." DaNa roll her eyes at him.


Jonghyun and Se Kyung quietly laugh as I continue my story.


"Since that day, we both treated each other to either a cup of coffee or meal. He pay for all of them. Made me look bad." DaNa groff.


"That's cute how you two met each other." Se Kyung smile.


"How did you two meet each other?" DaNa curiously ask.


Se Kyung and Jonghyun look at each other, talking with their eyes. In the end, Se Kyung ended up telling the story.


"It was simple. I came back home from work one evening to find him in my house. He said he bought me so I was his. It wasn't a sweet meeting like yours." Se Kyung half smile at her old memories.


"Wow. That is sort of sweet. I mean,  what are the odds of having a gentleman waiting for you, demanding that you're his because he bought you?" DaNa laugh.


"True. I thought he was joking but his eyes weren't. I was very scare of him but after being with him for a while, it slowly disappear."


"YAH! Why are you lying to her? You left on your own free will. Plus, you weren't even scare of me after the first night." Jonghyun interrupt.


Everyone laugh at Jonghyun's priceless voice.


"Minhyuk talk about your little daughter to me. How is she feeling? Is she getting better?" she ask with a worried voice.


Se Kyung's smile fade away. Jonghyun's hand tighten around Se Kyung's, pressuring it to tell her to hold back her breakdown.


"S-she's the same." Se Kyung choke.


"I want to meet her. I've been so busy that I don't have time."


"It's okay." Se Kyung calmly reply back.


"She must be proud to have you two as her parents." she smile.


"Thank you. We try out best to give her everything that she wants." Se Kyung force a smile.


"I heard that you haven't found a donor yet, is that right?"


"Uhn." Se Kyung motionless whisper.


"Don't give up hope. I know there will be a miracle."


"I hope.."


 They ate dinner together as they continue chatting the night away.


It was a relief to spend the night out. Since Dabin's sickness gotten worse, neither of them had time to themselves.


They enter the house holding hand in hand, laughing at some jokes. Jonghyun turn on the lights to their empty house they haven't enter a week ago.


"It's so cold." Se Kyung tug at her jacket, pulling it closer to her.


"I'll go turn on the heat." Jonghyun ran away to turn on the heater.


Se Kyung silently walk up the stairs and into Dabin's room where she enter through the darkness. Tired and exhausted, she lay herself on Dabin's bed, missing her fragrance. She's only spelt on her bed once. When will she be able to sleep on it for a lifetime?


Time pass away without her knowing. Jonghyun was caught with an unexpected phone call from his workplace. He had hope it would end fast but minutes turn into an hour before he could hang up.


He walk up the stairs into his room to find it empty. He instantly knew where she was. He quietly open up Dabin's room, flicking on the light. On Dabin's bed lay a sleeping Se Kyung.


He stood where he was, watching his wifey sleep quietly. He slowly pick her up, carrying her into their room where he place the blanket over her.


He brush away her hair from her face, studying her face like he never did before. She was so fragile, he thought. She was a weak, fragile, emotional person, that was his wife's personality.


He watch her sleep hour by hour with his wide awake eyes. He couldn't sleep, not when there was so much things he was worrying about. His work was killing him, his tired wifey and his daughter are both unconditionally well. On top of that, he himself was slowly trailing along that line.


He answer his call with a tired voice.


"Oh umma."


"Jonghyun. Come quick. Dabin's not responding!" Mrs. Kim say with a tearful voice.


Jonghyun instantly stood up from the bed with shock.


"I'm on my way." he hang up the phone.


On his way out the door, he call BoA, interrupting her sleep.


"Hello?" she hoarsly answer.


"BoA. I need you to come watch Se Kyung. Don't leave her out of your sight." Jonghyun commanded with his scaring voice.


"W-what happen?" BoA wake up from her sleep, waking Yunho up as well.


"Dabin's unconcious. I'm on my way to the hospital. I need you to come watch Se Kyung for me. Whatever you do, keep her away from the hospital."


"I'll try."


"Sorry to interrupt your sleep." Jonghyun hang up.


"What's wrong?" Yunho ask BoA, rubbing her back.


"It's Dabin. She's unconcious."


"W-what?" Yunho shockingly ask.


"Jonghyun wants me to watch over Se Kyung. Keep her away from the hospital." BoA got dress.


"Why would he want to keep her away?" Yunho sat on the edge of his bed.


"Because if she finds out, she'll break down. Jonghyun doesn't want to see her in that state because she's pregnant with his child." BoA pull her shirt over.


"She is?" Yunho surprisingly ask.


"Yes she is. She doesn't know yet but Jonghyun does."


"Wow. He's a quick person." Yunho muse.


"You on the other are horrible. I can't believe you didn't notice I was pregnant with Yoogeun even after six months!" BoA stomp her feet, exiting the room.


"It wasn't my fault!" Yunho defending himself back.


"Sure. Blame it on your work." BoA roll her eyes.


"You look so normal. I thought you gain a little belly fat.." Yunho scratch his head.


BoA glare at him.



"I-I'll head over to the hospital. He'll need support and comfort." Yunho suggested.


"That's good. Bring Yoogeun to your parents place. I can't take him with me. He'll distract me." BoA put on her shoes.


"Okay. If anything happens, call me."


"I will."

 

--------------------------------

Dun Dun Dun. There you go folks! She's pregnant. Hope you all had a pleasant Christmas!