Action 46

YOU belong to Me and only Me, my Dear Wifey

Things never go so well that one should have no fear, and never so ill that one should have no hope.  \

- Turkish proverb

------------------------

Early in the morning, the sunshine shined into the room, bringing a new start to the two of them.


Se Kyung open her eyes to see a sleeping Jonghyun wrap next to her. Slowly, she trace his eye brows, trailing down to his nose and than his lip. Smiling to herself, she didn't know that Jonghyun's been wide awake this whole time.


"Are you done yet?" Jonghyun scared Se Kyung who retrieve her hand back in surprise.


"W-when did you wake up?" Se Kyung look at a sleeping Jonghyun figure.


Jonghyun nuzzle on Se Kyung's neck, bringing her closer to him as he smiled meekly to himself.


"I couldn't sleep."


Se Kyung quietly laugh. How cute, Se Kyung thought.


7 AM it says on the clock. It's time for her to start a new day. Se Kyung was about to get up until Jonghyun pull her back down, wrapping her in his hold.


"Jonghyun ah." she call his name only to be ignored.


"Just ten more minutes.." Jonghyun kiss her lightly on her neck, taking her back by surprise.


"Fine."


Se Kyung let him have his ten minutes or else he'll throw a fit which she didn't want that to happen. She stare up at the ceiling, thinking of what to cook for Da Bin.


Ten minutes has pass, time to get up.


"Jonghyun, it's time to get up. You're going to be late to work if you don't get up."


"I don't want to work today.. Can't we just stay in bed all day?" Jonghyun stare up to Se Kyung.


"No. Get up." Se Kyung tap Jonghyun's nose.


"Fine, I'm up." Jonghyun sat up, running his fingers through his tired face.


"Hurry Jonghyun!" Se Kyung shouted at Jonghyun.


"I'm going!" Jonghyun cover him with a towel, walking into the bathroom.


Once the door was close, Se Kyung instantly jump off from the bed to get dress. Washing her up quickly, she was downstairs in the kitchen, ready to cook for Da Bin.


Jonghyun took a long shower. Drying his hair with a towel, he walk into the kitchen. Se Kyung's back was facing him as he walk in.


Sneakly, he wrap his hand around her waist, hugging her from behind. Se Kyung was caught by surprise, almost burning herself with the pan.


"Jonghyun.." Se Kyung's voice warn him.


"I'm crazily in love with you.." Jonghyun muffle, leaving wet kisses on her neck.


Se Kyung shook her head, shoving him away from her. If he continues to play with her, she's never going to finish breakfast.


"I need you to cut me some vegetables for me."


"Arg." Jonghyun moan sadly.


He didn't want to leave Se Kyung, especially when he still wanted to keep her in his hold.


"Hurry." Se Kyung's voice rose.


"I know I know.." Jonghyun lazily walk over to the table, cutting the vegetables according to her directions. Everytime she wasn't looking, Jonghyun would make faces to her. When she turn around, Jonghyun would sweetly smile at her.


Se Kyung shook her head.


After a long morning, they finally finish cooking. Jonghyun obediently eat his breakfast, trying not to start a war with Se Kyung. Se Kyung could only a little since her anxious was too high.


Se Kyung prepared some Soon dubu chige (soft tofu soup) along with Dok bokkee (spicy rice cake, vegetables and fishcake) and juk (porridge). She was nervous, wondering if Da Bin will like it.


Jonghyun drop her off, telling her he'll pick her up later. Se Kyung nodded her head. She held onto her food as she walk into Da Bin's room.


"Unni!" Da Bin cheerfully greeted Se Kyung.


"How are you today?"


"Good. I did what unni instructed me to do. I was being obedient all day long."


"That's good. Unni brought you some food just like I promise."


"Really?"


"Come on, let's eat before it gets cold."


Da Bin sat on her bed with a tray of food. She stare with excitement, ready to eat it.


"Unni didn't know what you liked so.."


"It looks good unni."


"Really?"


Da Bin dig into each different dishes, savoring the flavor. She loved it. No one has made such delicious meal for her before.


"Unni. It's delicious. I like it." Da Bin smile.


"Really? You're not lying are you?"


Da Bin shook her head in detest. She continue eating while Se Kyung watch her.


Once again, Da Bin had to go through another process of check up. Se Kyung stood next to her, holding her hand.


"Unni's here with you." Se Kyung whisper into Da Bin's ear.


She nodded her head, gripping Se Kyung's hand.


They put the needle inside of her. Surprisingly, she didn't cry, only  flinching to the pain. Se Kyung held onto her hand, never letting go.


After her check up, Se Kyung put Da Bin to sleep. She was exhausted from her check up and playing all day long. Brushing her hair with her hand, she gaze at Da Bin's adorable face.


A knock appear at Da Bin's door, making Se Kyung jump.


"Are you her guardian?" the doctor ask Se Kyung.


Se Kyung didn't know how to reply back. She wasn't her guardian, but she didn't want to decline it either.


"Yes I am."


"Can you follow me."


Se Kyung follow the doctor into his room for a private chat.


"We've tested her a few times and all of them came out positive."


"Positive?" Se Kyung ask with a scared voice.


"It seems that she's in her first stage for Leukemia."


"L-Leukemia?"


"Yes. I'm glad you brought her here soon enough. We will start treating her with chemotheraphy, until she finds a match."


"So you're saying she will die if she doesn't find a match?"


"It can be so. Don't worry, I've been around with many children who face this fact and they're fighting it well. With chemotherapy and treatment, she can hold onto her life quite sometimes."


"Wh-what if it's expanding rather fast? What will happen?"


"I can not guarantee you that it'll protect her. She may face hair loss and a lot of throwing up in the near future. Until than, I want you to decide if you want her to get treated. The sooner we start, the faster we can slow her Leukemia process. She may be dismiss from tomorrow."


"Thank you." Se Kyung bow, closing the door softly behind her.


Walking away from the doctor's room, she sink down to the ground, tearing up. Even though Da Bin's not her daughter, she felt sad. How could such a cute adorable child like her receive such bad fate?


Jonghyun enter Da Bin's room to find only Da Bin sleeping quietly. He walk back out of the room, walking around in search of Se Kyung.


Turning the next corner, he found Se Kyung on the floor crying. Devastated, he ran to Se Kyung, pulling her from the ground into his embrace.


Se Kyung cried harder once she was in Jonghyun's hold. Her tears wouldn't stop falling down. In her hand, she still had the paper regarding Da Bin's treatment.


It took Se Kyung some while for her to stop crying. Jonghyun sat next to her, putting his arm around her shoulder.


"Da Bin.. she has first stage Leukemia.." Se Kyung quietly spoke.


"W-what?" Jonghyun ask in astonishment.


"How could fate be so cruel to her? She's only a child.." Se Kyung whisper.


Jonghyun tighten his grip on Se Kyung's shoulder, keeping his voice calm. He needed to comfort Se Kyung from being sad.


"What did the doctor say?"


"Da Bin will be release tomorrow. They want her to start her treatment as soon as possible. This paper, her guardian needs to fill it out."


Jonghyun took the paper away from Se Kyung's grip, reading it. His eyes carefully read the paper, word to word.


"We will have to tell her orphanage instructor."


Se Kyung nodded her head.


"Don't worry, I will handle all of this." Jonghyun spoke with a serious tone.


He didn't want to see his wifey sad nor did he want to see Da Bin in pain.


Jonghyun and Se Kyung both sent Da Bin back to the orphanage place. Da Bin immediately ran to greet her bestfriend. Jonghyun and Se Kyung walk in to meet the owner.


"Hello." the lady greeted them both.


"Hello." Jonghyun greeted back.


She led them into her office for private chat. Throughout the entire chat, Jonghyun did all the talking while Se Kyung only stare.


"Thank you for bringing her back here. I've been so busy here that I rarely have the time to visit her at the hospital. I feel as if I've neglected her." she say with a calm voice.


"It's alright. My wifey here has been keeping Da Bin company."


"Thank you again."


Se Kyung nodded her head with a small smile.


"There's something we..need to tell you.." Jonghyun look at Se Kyung and than owner.


"What is it?"


"It's regarding of Da Bin's health."


"Oh no. What's wrong with her?"


"It seems that she has first stage of Leukemia."


Miss. Choi was shock, almost falling from her chair.


"Are you alright?" Jonghyun stood up, helping her.


"I'm.. I'm fine." she sat back on her chair, trying to calm down.


"Here are the paper works that you'll need to fill out so she can start her chemotheraphy session. The sooner you fill it out, the faster they can help her."


Miss. Choi accepted the paper, reading it thoroughly.


"What am I suppose to do?" Miss. Choi whisper.


"If there's anything that we can help, please tell us." Jonghyun offer.


"Thank you for your generous help."


Jonghyun and Se Kyung bow to her, leaving her office. Se Kyung quietly disappear into the building, searching for Da Bin. She stop at the door, peering through the glass window.


There she was, talking and laughing with her friends. Why is the world so unfair to those who haven't done anything wrong? Se Kyung thought.


"She'll be fine." Jonghyun stand next to Se Kyung, looking through the glass window.


"What if she's not?"


"If anything happens, Miss. Choi will contact us. Don't worry too much."


Se Kyung nod her head, watching Da Bin play a little longer before she left the place, leaving Da Bin for good.

 

-------------------------

Happy reading. ^^