For visinel

~Infinite Secret Santa 2013~ *Santas Revealed!*

For visinel

Pairing: Yadong

Prompt: Hoya and Dongwoo accidentally get drunk and marry each other


Deep December enshrouded Seoul. Displays of light and decoration assailed many souls’ senses. Shop keepers opened up their linear array of shops, exposing the colorful interiors and filling the streets with the exuberance of life. Around the corner, the fresh aroma of coffee and the baker’s sweet buttery perfume was lingering in the air, conjuring up the scenes of incredible beauty.

There were so many people out there under this night sky gifted with happiness. However, some of them were afflicted with conflicts and suffering.

And Lee Howon had to admit that he was one of those unfortunate souls.

 

Howon stared at delight as he slowly put down his homemade cake with other food. He was never a good cook and of course those dishes took a lot of effort. The dim light of candles illuminated the whole room, bringing the romantic air to the pristine surrounding. As he quickly glanced towards the clock on the wall, he busied himself tidying up his tablecloth. A fever of enthusiasm took over him. It was his third anniversary with his boyfriend and all he needed was perfection. Besides, he was sure that this surprise dinner would be a perfect opportunity to bring them closer again. His boyfriend seemed to be totally invested in his career lately and he had received the series of silent treatments from him in the past few months.

Woohyun was not paying him enough affection recently-only contacting him when he felt like it and tending to not responding to his calls or messages. Last week, Howon let him know that he was unhappy with his lack of communication in their relationship.

I have many things to do. My boss is quite impressed with my work, so it’s crucial for me to maintain my reputation.”

I know. But can you at least..”

What else do you want me to do? I’m doing this for us, Hoya. Which part that you didn’t understand?!”

And the next thing he knew they were involved in the major quarrels and Woohyun completely ignored him after that, making him arrested and paralyzed with his behavior. Thinking that he could be childish and immature sometimes, it was him who taking all the blame. Thus, he apologized profusely for keeping bugging him with his personal necessities and craving for his attention. However, Woohyun just shrugged it off, told him not to become too clingy and give him some space, much to Howon's dismay. It was no doubt they were drifting apart and he had tried resolutely to mend their relationship. But the verdict was unanimous- there was nothing to be done.

 

Suddenly the noise of his ring tone startled him, signalling him that he got a message. A little smile that crept across his mouth turned into frown as he read the message. He could literally felt a great pang gripped his heart.

I might not come home today. Don’t wait for me. -Woohyun-

A fortuitous series of happy thought quickly vanished into the thin air, replaced by suspicions and disappointment that slowly began to creep in his mind. With his insecure alarms had been triggered, his insecurities and doubts about Woohyun were like a stubborn rash that slowly hurt him.

Howon tightly gripped his phone and closed his eyes. His mind filled with thousand of evanescent memories of happy days. He tried to be optimist but everything that happen belittled his confidence. To be honest, his hope was fading inside, but a part of him still reluctant to accept the truth.

 

When Howon woke up on his bed later, it was already 10.30 in the morning. He rubbed his eyes groggily, not quite believing that he had dozed off for that long. His rumbling stomach was partly responsible for his waking up. He stole a glance beside him, hoping there would be someone there. Nevertheless, as usual, there was just an empty space staring back at him. ‘He probably did not come home again,’he thought bitterly. The funny thing was that even while he tried to understand and adapt to Woohyun’s change of behavior, assuming that he just busy with his work- part of him felt different. This was not a single and sudden moment of lucidity; rather he always has this perspective. But he just brushed it off. Sighing to himself, he dragged him off the bed and quickly went to the bathroom.

When he finished, he saw Woohyun who was busy rummaging through all the drawers, looking for something. His clothes lay strewn on the bed, together with his big luggage. He was concentrating with his work when Howon’s cold voice startled him.

I thought you had already forgot all the way home.” As much as Howon missed and longed for him, he still felt furious about last night. A helpless anger simmered in him. He never had the patience of a saint and he had reached the limit of his endurance.

I have lots of work to do at the office. I’m kind of busy you know.” Woohyun said slowly, but it did not hide his irritation towards Howon’s piercing remark. Completely ignoring him, he quickly stuffed his clothes into his luggage. His lips pursed in an anxious fashion, face display of broken patience.

Even too busy to remember our anniversary?”

I’m so sorry okay. But you shouldn’t make fuss over anything like it’s a big deal!”

Howon kept his mouth shut, submitted in brooding silence. Bitterness crept into his face. It was neither because he was scared with Woohyun’s sudden burst nor admitting it was his entire fault. He was devastated, tired and exasperated with everything. He knew very well that the other man has a profound and rather irritating egoist by nature, talking back would just add fuel to the fire.

When Woohyun saw Howon go completely silent, he began to feel guilty for forgetting their anniversary and lashing out at him. Diverting his gaze, he pondered his mistakes. He knew their relationship was in jeopardy since he was too occupied with his job and they hardly spent their time together. Besides, he already has someone else in his heart. Woohyun tried to give him some hints that he did not love him anymore, but Howon was too dense and oblivious. He sighed deeply, from a kind of mental depletion as he slowly took his hand and gently caressed it. “Hoya, I’m so sorry if it’s too sudden, but I think we should end our relationship.”

There was a silence until he shrugged off his hand. His attention was diverted by the big luggage on his bed. Eyes dilated with pain and curiosity. Howon frowned perplexedly. “Why? Am I not good enough?”

Woohyun ruffled his hair in frustration as he tried to explain as gently as possible, “It’s nothing like that. You’re a great boyfriend and all but I don’t think you’re the love of my life. I didn’t want to cheat on you, emotionally and otherwise, so it’s better for us to move on.”

Hoya tried to keep calm and composed even thought he was enshrouded with a great trepidation. Nonetheless, he failed to stop the tears that slowly cascading down his cheeks as he saw Woohyun walked his way out from their apartment.

 

It had been a week since their break up and he still could not get over it. He heard from one of Woohyun’s colleague, Sungyeol that he already had a new boyfriend. He had been their senior in high school and Howon knew him very well. Apart from being successful, he was gifted with beauty that will capture anyone’s heart. No wonder Woohyun had left him, Kim Sunggyu was a man who full of flaws.

 

One day, after cleaning up, he left his house in the general direction of town as he had not bought enough groceries for one week. For all his dainty airs, initial frustrations were dispelled as soon as Howon walked into the throng along the road. A gentle wind was blowing and the rustle of leaves was like soothing music to the ears. He also found the dark blanket of the sky was comforting in its peculiar way. How ironic- he thought, contrasted to his state of heart and mind. Since there was so much to see, he did not know where to start. Initially, his heart made a decision for him, at their favorite club; he took a few shots of liquor.

 

His eyes darted lazily from one face to another. More people meandered by, some chatting away on cell phone, debating heavily with wild eyes. He grimaced at the loud music that was banging in the club, together with the loud voices caused by its visitors. Nevertheless, he could not care less. He grabbed his drink and drunk it in one shot. The man beside him eyed him curiously. “Have you had a bad day?” he said before twirling his glass, making the wine in it swirl like a vortex. “I don’t think it's your business.” Howon curled his lips with a defiant scorn.

 

As he diverted his gaze towards the dance floor, the magnificent scenery flashed before him. There was a couple who happily danced according to the music upbeats. It was an awkward dance, he thought, however he could see love was emblazed to their eyes and they looked so happy together. At the spur of the moment, he recalled the time when he could still call it as happy days.

Are you sure this is how you do it?”

Woohyun said as he tried another weird hand gestures and awkwardly moved his limbs. There was a glint of amusement in his boyfriend’s eyes and he could swear that the latter was smirking at him. Nevertheless, Howon had successfully earning a fierce glare from him.

Are you doing poporo’s dance? It was so cute. I think it’d be great if I could just eat you up.”

Oh honey, please control your raging hormones, we’re still in public.”

Upon hearing that, he felt a tingling sensation creep across the back of his neck. Not to mention a scarlet flush that was creeping into his cheeks.

That’s not what I mean, you bastard!”

 

Howon just chuckled at the memory. Sometimes, he wished everything was back like those good old days. Nevertheless, beyond his expectation, those precious times were fleeting. Relieved at having appeased his stomach, he decided that he would, after all, enjoy himself on the dance floor. He wanted to take in all sights, melt into the moving mass of people, and become part of the busyness he saw all around him. It was a perfect carnival of fun. A step was at his heels when someone grabbed his arms. Trying to support him. “You’re completely drunk.” He stated the obvious. “I’m scared that you'll end up on the dance floor.”

 

Just let me go.” Howon gritted his teeth. He tried his very best to masked his agitation. “It’s not you’re my boyfriend or anything.” He scrutinized the man’s face closely, trying to work out who was it. Surprisingly, he was a dandified, pretty-boy-looking sort of figure. Howon deemed him mysteriously alluring, with his glowing healthy skin, prominent cheekbones and jaw lines. As he leaned closer, he was slowly captivated with his deep set, angelic eyes.

 

Sir…?” the man stared dubiously at him, with a hint of curiosity and inexplicable uneasiness. Somehow he found that Howon’s stare was kind of arousing but he just shrugged it off, assuming him just being a little tipsy. He tried to let off the latter, without letting him fall. However, when he caught a glimpse of someone who was watching them in the scant of light of the dingy disco lights, a small playful and provocative smirk quickly changed his frown. “Actually, I’d like to be yours”

 

Well, why you didn’t tell me earlier?” Howon slurred. He was too drunk to control himself. His face was beaming with pleasurable anticipation. He reached up and grabbed the stranger’s face, trying to kiss him. Nevertheless, it was just a futile effort when the man instantly covers his mouth with his hand, much to his dissatisfaction. “Impatient much? I don’t even know your name.”

Howon pouted. He felt a tingling sensation creep across the back of his neck. An oppressive sense of his strange sweet odor alluringly had drawn him. “I’m Hoya. What’s yours?”

Dongwoo.” The man said, he could not hide a smile forming in the corners of his mouth.

They smiled at each other, drift along the stream of fancy.

 

 

 

Rosy beams of the rising sun kissed Howon awake in his room. It was a cool morning and the warmth of those sunbeams was agreeable and pleasurable. He yawned and stretched until he realized something was completely off- he was lying on his bed, half and felt a terrible pain in the . His eyes immediately jolted open. He could literally feel that the world was out of balance and close to the abyss. His heart started beating faster. The revolution was like a vessel filled with the pulsating heartbeat of millions of working people.

 

Oh good thing you’re up.” An unfamiliar voice snapped his thought. Howon jumped out his bed and nearly screamed when he made out the figure of a young man who was wearing his own tee shirt and shorts, leaning comfortably against the wall. “I borrowed your clothes since you threw up all over me yesterday. Hope you didn’t mind.”

 

He gave him a baffled stare. A curious vexation fretted him, scared if he had done terrible things. He thought of Woohyun and guilt swept over him. There was an intolerably irksome silence until the man before him started to speak. “Dude, are you okay?”

 

No, I’m not!” he immediately regretted it as Howon swelled up like an angry bull frog and stalked over to him, grabbing him harshly by his hair and pulling him close to his face.

 

Who are you?! Tell me what happened yesterday before I chop off you into pieces!” He groaned, seriousness lurked in the depths of his eyes. If looks can kill, he would probably end up in the pit of hell right now.

 

Whoa, calm down your ti..”

 

I have none!” Howon snapped. Making the poor man flinch in fear.

 

I don’t want to know what you’re implying, but it’s certainly far from your imagination.” He stammered as Howon narrowed his eyes threateningly. He met his gaze, looking at his eyes as they slowly filled with anger. He nervously gulped down his saliva.

 

What do you mean?” Howon immediately let go of him and stepped away. His eyebrows shot up in confusion.

 

You dirty minded freak. If you think we already did it just because you wake up this morning without your shirt, then ask yourself who is the one that tried to strip himself in front of the convenience store when there was 15 degree Celsius outside. You’re so lucky I managed to stop you before you took off your pants.” He said as he gently massaged his head, trying to sooth the pain away, courtesy of Howon.

 

I did what..?” Howon tried to comprehend what was just told him. However, on the second thought, he felt it was better for him to not remember anything about it at all.

 

Besides, what kind of husband are you? We've only been married for one day and you have already abused me.”

Howon was about to answer back when he saw it, his freaking couple ring was on the stranger’s finger. He supposed to give that to Woohyun as a gift for their anniversary. “That’s my ring!” he blurted out. “You ing stealer from unicorn planet! Give it back to me.”

Stealer?” The man before him just gave him a funny kind of laugh. “I’m so disappointed honey; it was you who gave it to me.”

 

And that was when something clicked in Howon’s mind.

Are you serious?” The old pastor eyed the strange couple in front of him suspiciously. One of them didn’t wear any shirt while another one was too busy adventuring his La La land. He grimaced at the hideous sight in front of him. For god’s sake, both of them looked really pitiful. ‘Young couples nowadays’

Did you have the rings?” He asked, trying very hard to divert his eyes from Howon’s abs that seemed to attract him like a magnet. Howon nodded. “Great, let end this quickly.” ‘Before you taint my innocent soul’ “Please exchange the rings and the wedding vows. I’ll give your wedding certificate later.”

I, Lee Howon, take you to be my lawfully wedded husband, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, until death do us part. ”

I, Jang Dongwoo, take you to be my lawfully wedded husband, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, until death do us part. ”

"Inasmuch asLee Howon and Jang Dongwoo have declared their love and devotion to each other, I now pronounce that they are husband and wife.” The pastor said as he put their wedding certificates on the table. “Now, excuse me gentlemen. I’ve got some errands to do.” He dashed out of his room, leaving the newlyweds alone.

Wait…” Dongwoo question came to abrupt halt when Howon put the ring on his finger.

Which one of us is the wife?”

Come on, Dongyong” He staggered in his apartment, callously dragging the poor man with him.

For the 1000th time, I told you my name is Dongwoo.” Dongwoo, who was also as in his drunken state, trying to balanced him. Unfortunately, he was stumbled on a coffee table and falling hard on the carpet causing Howon to laugh at him.

Geez, looks like gravity is your greatest enemy eh? Even Myungsoo has better coordination than you.”

Shut up, you jerk. It’s your entire fault.” He complained. Howon just helped him to stand up and hauled him to his room.

Now, we’re married.” Howon said before pushed Dongwoo on his bed without any mercy and crawl up on him. Nonetheless before he could do anything, he was assaulted with waves of nausea, causing him to spew out all over the man under him and passed out due to massive hangover. The last thing that he felt was a severe pain in his together with the strings of curses.

He was so lucky that Dongwoo did not kill him in his deep slumber.

 

When Howon was back from his so-called flashback land, he almost restrained himself from banging his head on the wall. ‘I’ll never drink again’ he silently vowed.

Dude, enough with the reminiscence. It won’t change anything. By the way, I’ll stay here for awhile, hope you didn’t mind” Dongwoo played with the ring on his finger. “Whoa, this ring must cost a lot huh?”

Wait, what?!” Howon’s eyebrows shot up in surprise. “I’m so sorry mister but I don’t know if it’s necessary.”

Of course.” Dongwoo snorted. “First, we’re married so I’m your responsibility. Second, I have nowhere to go and third…”

Cut out that bull!” Howon snapped angrily. “Our marriage is not even legal. I’m just too drunk to control myself!”

Ignoring the furious man in front of him, Dongwoo just said with a self-satisfied smirk as he showed their wedding certificate. “This is the proof. As long as we exchange the rings and the marriage vows, we’re tied. And I did mention to you earlier that I have your ring right?”

An instant Howon eyed him unbelievingly. He knew very well Dongwoo would use his most prized possession to blackmail him. Howon sighed, he finally admit his defeat.

Let me stay here for one week and you’ll get your ring back. It won’t be for long but for these seven days, let’s live as a family”

 

So, it’s that how both of you met?” A boy in his six asked the man in front of him, eyes glistening in excitement. “That is so romantic.”

Yeah, sort of. I thought he’d be a pain in the , but he turned out to be surprisingly kind. Although he often distracted me with his weird jokes and laughs, I must admit that I really enjoyed his company. Little did I know, my heart already went to him. And the rest of the story was obvious. I only gave him seven days, turned out he stay here for seven years instead. “He flashed him a gummy smile, before continued to tuck the boy in his bed. “Sleep well okay, Daddy will sing you a lullaby.”

No, not until you tell me how both of you falling in love.” The boy said with a pout. “Please daddy, I really want to know what happened next.”

But honey, it’s already past your bedtime. It’s a long story, I’ll tell you tomorrow.” He spoke with sweet severity; immediately softened his frown to a quivering smile.

I hope you’ll keep your promise this time.”

I will.” He said as he leaned in and kissed him on the cheeks. The boy nodded happily, earning a giggle from his father. “Aww, my son is so cute. You certainly inherit my good looks.”

Don’t be too narcissistic, Hoya” Both of their attention turned to the voice that just interrupted their sweet father-and-son moment. There was a man with raven-colored hair, smiling contently at them.

You forgot that I’m his father too.”


AN: to whoever who made this prompt, please forgive me if my story didn’t meet up your expectations, I’m really with fluff T.T I hope you’ll enjoy it. Happy New Year!

StarlightSpirit: This is so adorable. I rarely choose to read yadong but I want a sequel! A full length sequel about the following seven years! <3 Please! With domestic Yadong. Visinel is going to be so happy with this! I just know it <3 Boo for nasty Woohyun though :(