For clouded-freelancer

~Infinite Secret Santa 2013~ *Santas Revealed!*

The Game of Love

For clouded-freelancer

PAIRING: Sunggyu X Anyone

PROMPT: Sungkyu is an everyday gamer be it any system & any game. He meets (any member) and said member is better than him.


December 24, 2013

It was a game.

No, it was no longer a game anymore—it was war.

“Do you think you can defeat me Nam Woohyun? I have spent years honing my talents for these types for games. YOU WILL EAT THE FINE AND BLACK DIRT UNDERNEATH MY BRANDED MADE SHOE!” Sungkyu shouted as all of his attention was focused on the big plasma screen in front of him, his fingers tapped furiously on the buttons of the controllers.

“Heh,” Woohyun smirked proudly. “You’re all talk and no bark Sungkyu. I eat noobs like you for breakfast!” Woohyun announced as he expertly dodged an attack that was sent from Sungkyu as Sungkyu sent out a flurry of curses making Woohyun cackle evilly.

Dongwoo stared at the two whose eyes were glued to the screen as they didn’t so much as glance down at the controllers in their hands. When Sungkyu let out a curse, Dongwoo held himself back from chiding him about cursing—knowing that it was never a good idea to interrupt a fuming Sungkyu and big-headed Woohyun in a gaming match.

“So, they’re still at it?” Hoya asked, appearing out of nowhere. Dongwoo, not at all surprised at Hoya’s presence, turned to Hoya and raised an eyebrow.

“What do you mean still at it?” Dongwoo asked, surprised. “How long has this been going on?”

“Hmm…three hour’s maybe?” Hoya answered nonchalantly.

“Three hours?!” Sungjong shouted as he popped his head out of the kitchen. “Yah, we need to stop them! What if they’re eyes burns out of their sockets, what if they go blind and die?!” Sungjong shouted, panicking at the thought of Sungkyu and/or Woohyun dying.

“Just let them be…” Dongwoo said, worried at Sungjong’s inquires. “It would be bad to interrupt them with their…err…game.” Dongwoo winced at Sungkyu shouting a very bad word at the top of his lungs as Woohyun took down one of his defenses.

“Plus, all this started with a bet.” Hoya remarked as Dongwoo and Sungjong’s eyes widened as they both turned to Hoya.

“What bet?” Dongwoo and Sungjong asked in unison.

“Woohyun destroyed Sungkyu’s high score so Woohyun initiated a bet so that he could regain his pride.” Hoya narrated as he watched the both try to beat each other, as Sungkyu—through his frustration—cursed in every language he knew…which weren’t a lot. “Sungkyu betted that if he was going to win in the game against Woohyun, Woohyun would have to cross dress as girl for one week.”

“Ah…” Dongwoo nodded, now finally understanding the situation.

“But what if he wins?” Sungjong asked.

“Don’t know,” Hoya shrugs once again, looking at the sheer concentration on each of their faces. “He said he’s going to say it once he wins.”

“NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!”

Hoya looked towards where Woohyun and Sungkyu were as Woohyun stood up and did a really weird and stupid dance. Sungkyu in turn started pounding on the carpeted floor in crushing defeat.

“Which would be now,” Hoya commented as he walked towards the two and diligently hid all the items that would get broken. Sungjong, seeing the Hoya handling the fragile items, diligently went back to the kitchen as Dongwoo shrugged and left the situation to Hoya.

“No, no, no, no,” Sungkyu kept on repeating the word like a broken record. “How could I, the great and stubborn Kim Sungkyu, lose to someone can’t even reach up a cupboard?!” He cried out loud. Woohyun caught that and stopped his weird dance and glared at Sungkyu.

“Says the guy who can’t even see the cupboard!” Woohyun quipped as he looked up and pointed at him.

“Alright, don’t fight now children,” Hoya said as he got in between the two, feeling older than he actually was. “Let’s just play nice alright?”

“Yeah, yeah,” Sungkyu huffed in annoyance as he focused his look to Woohyun. “Fine then. What do you want?”

“What I want you ask?” Woohyun asked playfully with a teasing smirk. “You should know what I want by now.”

“Sungyeol’s height? Sorry but you’ll have to ask a witch doctor for that.” Sungkyu said, trying to avoid the situation as desperately as he could.

Woohyun glared at him and crossed his arms. “You made that stupid bet and now you lost, you have to follow through your promise,”

Sungkyu tsked and looked to the side. He really didn’t want to lose—and God knows how hard he tried to win that stupid bet—but now that he had lost, he was starting to chicken out.

“F-Fine,” He looked away and turned his eyes to the wall, biting his lips to the point of almost drawing out blood. “I’ll see what I can do…” He spat out the words as he tried to numb the ache that was forming in his heart.

“Great,” Woohyun smiled happily as he patted him on the shoulder. “I’m counting on you.”

 

THREE DAYS BEFORE

December 21, 2013

Kim Sungkyu was a renowned gamer and was very well respected amongst the gaming community. He was known for his sharp tactician skills and his quick and nimble fingers. He could beat out an opponent in a matter of minutes and take down even the best of defenses.

He was the type of person that never ever experienced defeat. Not in the hands of anybody, not in any game, not in anything.

“Oh? It seems someone beat out your score,” Sungyeol noted nonchalantly as he browsed through his computer screen. “Wow! He’s high score is five million! That’s like three times more than your score and— OUCH! WHAT THE MAN?!”

Sungyeol screamed out in pain as he rubbed his sore . One moment he was sitting on his very comfortable chair and the next moment Sungkyu had acquired superhuman strength as he literarally pushed Sungyeol off of the chair and sending him, painfully, to the ground.

“No…” Sungkyu muttered as he placed his face an inch from the computer screen. “This is one of the games that I excel at! No one has beaten out my score! No one!”

“Well he just did,” Sungyeol said as he took his off of the ground and leaned over the computer as he pushed Sungkyu’s face away from the screen. “And get your face away from my computer!”

“Sungyeol who is he?” Sungkyu asked as he started to hyperventilate a little from the stress his gamer heart was taking.

“ bro I don’t know,” Sungyeol commented as he pushed Sungkyu out of his seat.

“Well you’re an IT major! Do some weird computer whiz tech and figure out who he is.” Sungkyu demanded as Sungyeol rolled his eyes.

“It’s still my first year you , do you think I have enough skills to do some weird computer whiz tech ?!” Sungyeol refuted as Sungkyu nodded in agreement, seeing some clarity. He sat down on the chair beside Sungyeol’s chair and sighed, trying to think of ways to identify the identity of the person that tore down his pride, HIS ING HOLY GRAIL.

“I’ve got it!” Sungkyu shouted as he turned to Sungyeol with bright eyes. “What about that hot upperclassman you’ve been talking about?”

Sungyeol sputtered out as a fiery red blush took hold of his cheeks. “M-Myungsoo?! Hell no!”

“Why not?” Sungkyu whined as he pulled on Sungyeol’s arms. “Just say that you’re doing this for ‘practice’ and plus it’ll be perfect—kind of like Cinderella! You, the lowly student, whose currently working at a café at minimum wage gets swept by his feet by the handsome prince as you make sweet, sweet love behind a dingy alleyway!”

“Yeah…” Sungyeol nodded as his mind goes off to daydream but he quickly snaps out of it when he starts to process what Sungkyu just said. “Wait I think your version is different.”

“My point is,” Sungkyu stressed out, ignoring Sungyeol’s disbelieving face. “Get your phone and dial Myungsoo right now!”

 

“I’m really sorry for this,” Sungyeol apologized with a shy smile. “You can have just told me over the phone, you didn’t have to come all the way here.”

“Nah, it’s fine,” Myungsoo nodded as he stared at the computer screen and did some crazy computer . “I was in the neighborhood anyway.”

Sungyeol sighed in relief as he nodded and turned to Sungkyu with a glare. He knew that giving into Sungkyu’s whims was stupid but really, would he really give up the opportunity to see Myungsoo? Sungyeol sighed and scolded himself internally.

“Okay, I got it!” Myungsoo shouted in triumph as a smile made its way to his lips, making Sungyeol turn into goo. “Here’s the information you wanted. But I don’t understand why you want it though…”

“Sorry,” Sungyeol apologized once again. “It’s my crazy roommate over there. He’s pretty about how this person beat out his high score.”

“No, no. That’s not what I mean,” Myungsoo shook his head. “You could have asked the person personally, you know.”

“What do you mean?” Sungkyu asked, cutting off Sungyeol’s question for him.

“Well…” Myungsoo said as he moved away from the computer showing the blown up picture of the person who crushed Sungkyu’s pride. “He is your classmate after all, Sungyeol.”

 

“So that’s the abomination huh?” Sungkyu hissed out as stared at the person who was sitting a table away from them. “Look at him eating like he’s all that. Just because he beat out my score huh? I bet he tortures animals on his spare time.”

Sungyeol stared at Sungkyu briefly before turning his attention to the person who he was just bad mouthing. Nam Woohyun was always such quiet kid that Sungyeol never really took notice to him. Sure he was one of the best in their class but he always kept to himself so Sungyeol never really bothered in memorizing his name and face, though he has heard of his name before that’s for sure.

“He’s just eating Sungkyu, calm your .”

“I don’t care if he’s donating blood while simultaneously resuscitating a dead man back to life,” Sungkyu spat out with hate. “He’s still a scum of the earth.”

Sungyeol sighed and shook his head. He knew that once Sungkyu started being his competitive self, there was no stopping him. Losing was never an option to Sungkyu and now he had to cope with it—which he wasn’t doing very well. He spent all night yesterday trying to beat Woohyun’s score of five million but even then all he could manage was a three million (an improvement from his previous score but still not good enough) that’s why with the combination of no sleep and the feelings of a sore loser, Kim Sungkyu was showing no mercy.

“I’m going to talk to him,” Sungkyu announced as he stood up but Sungyeol immediately pulled him back to his seat.

“You will not!”

“Why the not?!”

“Because you’re not thinking straight right now!” Sungyeol shouted. “You’re just being a sore loser!”

Sungkyu’s eyes widened as Sungyeol bit his bottom lips.

Bad move Sungyeol.

Bad, bad move.

“I am not a sore loser,” Sungkyu spat out with a glare.

“I’m sorry, I didn’t mean…” Sungyeol’s eyes widened when he saw Woohyun stood up from his seat and started walking towards their direction. “ he’s coming this way!”

Sungkyu’s eyes widened as he turned around and saw Nam Woohyun approaching him. When Woohyun reached their table he turned to Sungyeol and gave a nod of acknowledgment before turning back to Sungkyu.

“You’re Kim Sungkyu right?”

“Yeah,” Sungkyu nodded as he glared at Woohyun. “Nam Woohyun, correct?”

“That’s right.”

Sungyeol stared at them both as he felt the tension that seemed to radiate from the two. He could already see the lightning crackle and hear the deadly background music playing in his head.

“You beat out my high score,” Sungkyu spat out as Woohyun nodded, keeping his eye contact with Sungkyu.

“Yes I did.”

Holy he isn’t even denying it! Sungyeol shouted internally, watching the drama unfold in front of him.

“So what do you want from me now?” Sungkyu asks, his distaste clearly evident in his body language and tone.

“I have a proposition for you,” Woohyun offered as he raised his hand up and showed three digits. “In three days let’s have a rematch. If I win you have to do what I say but if you win I’ll do what you have to say.”

“Interesting…” Sungkyu smiled, the proposition sounding very delectable. “Anything, you say?”

“Anything,” Woohyun nodded. “That’s not illegal of course.”

“Okay,” Sungkyu nodded and smiled slyly. “If I win you’ll have to crossdress as girl. One whole week.”

Sungyeol could see that Woohyun was visibly turning pale and it almost made him sorry for the guy.

“Deal,” Woohyun nodded as he held out his hand to seal the beat. Sungkyu reached out to shake his hand but quickly retracted it stared at Woohyun suspiciously. “What about you? What are your conditions?”

“I’ll tell them to you once I win the bet,”

Sungkyu gawked and stared at Woohyun. “That’s unfair!”

“What?” Woohyun asked, a smirk on his face. “Afraid that I’ll win?”

Sungkyu let out a growl as he grasps Woohyun’s hand and shook it.

“You’ve got yourself a deal Nam Woohyun.”

 

December 22, 2013

“You know I think that the reason why Woohyun set up the rematch for three days is so that you could practice and what not. Not, oh I don’t know, STALK THE GUY FROM HIS OWN HOME!”

Sungyeol shouted as Sungkyu quickly hushed him. “Quiet!”

“I will not!” Sungyeol shouted once again. “This is ridiculous!”

“No it is not,” Sungkyu refuted. “Have you played Battle Realms? This is basically how you spot out your enemy! How can you attack when you don’t even know the enemy? That’s why I send out like a slave/villager to scout out the enemy and gauge out their weakness and strengths. That’s how you win Sungyeol!”

Sungyeol stared at Sungkyu. “…So we’re villagers now?”

“Of course not,” Sungkyu refuted as he placed the binoculars in front of his eyes. “I asked you first but you didn’t want to go alone.”

Sungyeol delivered a blow to the back of Sungkyu’s head.

“OH! There he is!” Sungkyu shouted, not even bothering about the hit to his head. “He’s going up the stairs…two people are opening the door…wait, who are they?”

Sungyeol took the binoculars from Sungkyu and placed them on his eyes. “Oh yeah, I remember now. That’s Woohyun’s cousins.”

“Cousins?” Sungkyu asked. “What about his parents?”

Sungyeol placed the binoculars down and shrugged. “From what I remember he lost them in a car accident last year.”

“Oh…” Sungkyu nodded solemnly as he felt the first non-hatred related emotion for Woohyun…which was pity.

“Are you Woohyun’s friends?” Sungyeol let out a small squeak of surprise as Sungkyu immediately stood up from his spot and placed his hands up like some kind ninja way.

The guy stared at the two and smiled awkwardly. “My names Sungjong, Woohyun’s cousin. Would you like to come in?”

Sungkyu and Sungyeol stared at each other and sighed, knowing that they were caught.

 

“I’m really sorry about this Woohyun,” Sungyeol apologized he watched Woohyun pour them some tea.

“It’s okay,” Woohyun smiled. “Plus I don’t think Hoya and Dongwoo mind. They like having company over anyway.”

“It always gets so lonely with just us here in the house,” Dongwoo piped up, giving them a wide smile.

“Just to be clear I’m Dongwoo’s boyfriend,” Hoya clarified making Sungyeol choke on his tea.

“Sorry about that,” Hoya apologized as he passed Sungyeol some water. “People always mistake me as their cousin so I find it necessary to state my status on the first meeting.”

“I-It’s okay,” Sungyeol garbled out as he nodded and took a big gulp of water.

“So what brings you over here?” Woohyun asked as Sungyeol and Sungkyu stared at each other.

“The venue!” Sungyeol shouted, patting himself on the back for his quick thinking. “We wanted to know where the rematch would take place.”

“Then why were you guys spying outside the house?” Sungjong asked, tilting his head to the side.

“Ah…” Sungkyu started, trying to come up with an excuse. “We were just making sure that we got the right house. We don’t want to bother the wrong person.”

Sungyeol gave him a discreet thumbs up as Sungkyu smiled.

“Are you sure it wasn’t because you wanted to spy on me?” Woohyun suggested with a sly smirk as Sungkyu rolled his eyes.

“Don’t flatter yourself.”

“Huh? What rematch?” Dongwoo asked as he turned to Woohyun. Woohyun shrugged and took a sip from his tea.

“I beat his score and he wants to reclaim the title.”

“Oooohhh,” Dongwoo nodded with a smile. “Is that why you started—akdsjfnjdhu!” Sungkyu stared at Woohyun as he desperately tried to shove the cup of tea to his mouth, almost drowning him.

“Your house,” Woohyun stated, ignoring the confusing look that was being sent his way. “How about your house?”

“Sure,” Sungkyu nodded.

“No, not sure.” Sungyeol interjected as he stared at them. “Myungsoo is coming on that day—which reminds me I can’t come to your little match.”

“Traitor!” Sungkyu shouted as he pointed an accusing finger at Sungyeol. “You’re going to leave your best friend behind for your ing senior, albeit hot senior, but still!”

Sungyeol merely ignored him and shook his head.

“Okay, then that leaves my house then.” Woohyun nodded as he turned to Dongwoo. “You okay with that?”

“Sure,” Dongwoo nodded. “But if you try to drown me with tea again, you’re sleeping outside.”

 

“Thanks for visiting by the way,” Woohyun started as he stood on the doorway with a smile on his face. Sungkyu turned around and stared at Woohyun.

“We weren’t visiting, we were just here to ask a question.” Sungkyu clarified as he then peaked into the house and shook his head. “Sungyeol seems to buddy buddying up with Hoya.”

Woohyun looked over his shoulder and laughed. “Yeah, well it can’t be helped. Hoya does own one of the best software companies in Korea. I can understand his curiosity.”

Sungkyu rolled his eyes and shook his head.

“Is winning that important to you?” Woohyun asked as Sungkyu stared at him. He shrugged and buried his hands in his pockets.

“Yes, it is.” Sungkyu confirmed. “It’s the only thing I’m good at.”

“What do you mean?”

“Gaming and winning,” Sungkyu said as his eyes saddened. “That’s the only thing I’m really good at. I’m not as smart as Sungyeol so I don’t really bother with going to college. Plus, I earn my money through gaming. It’s all I have.”

“That’s a pity,” Woohyun remarked as Sungkyu lifted his head up and stared at him. “You see that as your only good quality? I’d rather beg to differ.”

Sungkyu’s eyebrows furrowed in confusion as Woohyun merely waved it off. “Listen, I’ll tell you what I want if I win the match.”

“Okay,” Sungkyu nodded, feeling about awkward at being complimented by Woohyun…but then again, he kind of liked it. “What is it?”

“I want you to help me confess to someone,”

Sungkyu sputtered and stared at Woohyun. “The ?!”

Woohyun nodded, his eyes serious.

“Woohyun I’m making you crossdress, ing crossdress, and you want me to help you confess to someone?!”

“Yeah, that’s it.” Woohyun frowned as he shook his head. “You don’t have the right to question my motives Sungkyu. All you’ll have to do is follow them.”

“Alright, alright,” Sungkyu gave up as he shook his head. He reached out his hand and waited for Woohyun to shook it. Woohyun nodded as well and placed his hand in Sungkyu’s. Sungkyu surprised himself when he felt the warmth in his hands and how it strangely felt nice to be holding his hand. But Sungkyu pushed it down. In a battle, feelings weren’t needed. It wasn’t at all.

“It’s a deal.”

 

“Sungyeol this is weird,” Sungkyu brought up as Sungyeol stared at him from across the dining table.

“What’s weird?”

“This!” Sungkyu pointed to his heart. “And this!” He then pointed to his brain. “They’re getting all crazy and loopy. I think there’s a glitch or something.”

“What glitch?” Sungyeol asked, genuinely curious as to what Sungkyu was feeling.

“I don’t know. I just…what is this? My mind can’t seem to forget about Woohyun and when I think of Woohyun this,” he pointed to his heart. “Gets all weird and starts beating like, feel this!” Sungkyu didn’t wait for Sungyeol’s respond as he reached over the table and grabbed Sungyeol’s hand and placed it on his heart.

“Woah…” Sungyeol noted the fast pace of his heartbeat. “Wait…who did you say was the person you couldn’t forget?”

“Huh?” Sungkyu tilted his head to the side. “Woohyun.”

“BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!” Sungyeol started laughing as he started hitting the table. “JESUS CHRIST YOU’RE IN LOVE WITH WOOHYUN!”

“…I’m what?!”

“HOLY ING BALLS! THIS IS HILARIOUS!” Sungyeol shouted as he wipes away the tear that formed on the corner of his eyes. “What’d he do? Come on Sungkyu what made you fall in love with him?”

“I don’t know!” Sungkyu shouted, panicking at the thought of falling in love. “I don’t ing know!”

“You really are ing in love! BWAHAHAHA!” Sungyeol shouted as Sungkyu paled considerably.

 

December 24, 2013

“You okay Sungkyu?” Woohyun asked as he stared at the sheens of sweat sliding down Sungkyu’s face. “You look ill, should we postpone?”

“No, I’m good!” Sungkyu replied in a much too squeaky voice. “Let’s continue with the match!”

“Well okay…” Woohyun nodded, not really convinced. “If you feel unwell just tell me and we’ll postpone the match okay?”

“Sure,” Sungkyu nodded as his heart drummed against his chest loudly.

Just as they were about to take a seat in front of the controllers Sungkyu was suddenly reminded of Woohyun’s conditions and something in him flickered into life.

This wasn’t about his stupid score anymore.

This was about Woohyun.

He could not lose this game.

Not this game.

 

December 25, 2013

Sungkyu sighed in frustration as he stood in the park, it was rather quiet considering that it was Christmas day and some people were already in their home celebrating Christmas. Woohyun sat on the bench next to him as he tried to let it sink in that he was now helping the person that he or may not be in love with to confess to another person.

Which is no big deal at all, Sungkyu thought as he ignored the small sick feeling that was stirring in his stomach. I mean he’s confessing to a girl—which meant his straight. Which meant there was no chance in hell that…NO NOPE! NOT IN LOVE WITH NAM WOOHYUN.  

“So when’s she coming?” Sungkyu asked nonchalantly, trying to bite back the slight envy in his voice.  

“Him,” Woohyun clarified. “It’s a guy.”

Yes because that makes it so much better, Sungkyu thought bitterly as he sighed.

“I’m getting nervous,” Woohyun said, trying to keep his nerves calm. “What should I do?”

“Calm down,” Sungkyu advised as he tried not to look out Woohyun. “He’ll say yes.”

“Will he? I’m not sure.” Woohyun said as he chewed on his bottom lightly. Sungkyu turned his attention to Woohyun and saw him biting his lips cutely and staring at the ground. Sungkyu sighed and knew that he had to do something.

“Okay, fine. Practice with me.” Sungkyu said as he crouched down in front of Woohyun and smiled.

Woohyun stared at him and nodded. “Okay, but promise not to laugh okay?”

“I won’t,” Sungkyu nodded, knowing full damn well that laughing was the last thing that was on his mind right now.

“Okay,” Woohyun nodded as he closed his eyes and took a deep breath. He opened his eyes and stared at Sungkyu. “I like you. Like really, really like you. Would you go out with me?”

“Ye—” Sungkyu bit back his response as he tried to pass it off as a cough. What the was he thinking? It was just practice. Woohyun wasn’t really asking him. “Yeah, you’re good.”

“You think?” Woohyun asked as Sungkyu nodded and stood up. He stood next to Woohyun again and scolded his heart for clenching so badly it was starting to hurt now. “You should call the guy, just to see where he is.”

“Err….no.” Woohyun said as Sungkyu turned to him in surprise.

“What do you mean? Aren’t you going to confess to him?” Sungkyu asked as Woohyun suddenly got up and smiled. He stood in front of Sungkyu and reached out for his hands.

“The thing is,” Woohyun smiled and squeezed Sungkyu’s hands, sending his heart into a frenzy.

“I already did.”

~END~


A/N: Gah I don’t like ending >.< but hopefully you did though. The whole “Woohyun confessed on Christmas day” was a last minute add on so I hope it didn’t sound so…out of place. Hopefully it wasn’t too horrible hahaha. And plus the title is so cliché it hurts. If you’d like to please give it a new title because sajdlskfjifhusuh TITLES ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) Merry Christmas & A Happy New Year~

StarlightSpirit: This is actually my favorite thing submitted so far, no word of a lie!  I love gaming and I love Woogyu and I love hints of Myungyeol and you're funny and fluffy all at once which is like, my favorite. Amazing! Amazing! Amazing