For damnam

~Infinite Secret Santa 2013~ *Santas Revealed!*

Rose Club

For damnam

Pairing: Woogyu

Prompt : ‘How about you stay still for a moment Woohyun?’


He stopped in his tracks as the path he walked on came to an end. The entrance of a club came into view. Adjusting his hat to shield his facial features from other species, a bittersweet smile flashed across his face as he took a step into the entrance. It was the notorious Rose Club.

A step into the classy place and his nostrils were already filled with the scent of a flower. Specifically, the rose.

Rose Club. A place you can never forget. The lingering scent of the rose in your nostrils.

Reaching into his black suit, he pulled out a slip of paper. So the man frequent this place, not after today. ‘Kim Sunggyu’ Certainly, a nice name. ’25 years old’ Young, but that youth will be of no use, soon. ‘Businessman.’ That’s what everyone thinks. There was another passage about this certain Kim Sunggyu man and at the last part of it lay a picture of a male with what seemed to the younger as two thin lines as eyes. The assassin snorted and crumpled the piece of paper, throwing it into a nearby ashtray as he scanned the area for his target.

Place where many first loves blossom along with the roses that magically survived being planted in the club.

With hawk-like eyes, he scanned the area. It didn’t even take him more than five minutes give and take. Target spotted. His prey had an arm hooked around another lady. In his hand was a glass of red wine, he twirled the stem of the glass between his fingers. A peck to the woman’s cheek. The incessant chat between men. ’Business’ matters. This was just another simple task for the experienced assassin.

A paradise for everyone. Everyone leaves with a smile attached to their faces. They would always return for more.

He made his way over to the table hidden behind some curtains successfully without grabbing anyone’s attention. To make it less suspicious, he had long ago prepared a fake identity for this meeting. (Actually, a fake identity for every meeting he had with his targets.) Removing his hat from his head, he took a formal bow towards the other men. “Greetings, gentlemen. The Great Tree Nam at your disposal.” He was then beckoned to take a seat next to his prey and so he did, comfortably. The talks between the men were boring and mainstream. He knew he had to find a chance to bring this Kim Sunggyu away.

There was music blasting in the club. People waiting for their turn to get into the club’s dance floor.

“Ah. Mr. Kim. Would it be possible if I took a bit of your time? I have some particular business issues that only you might be able to settle..” The older simply smiled at him with those kind eyes of his before giving the other a nod. The assassin then led the way to a cubicle. “So. What business are we going to be discussing about, Nam. Woo. Hyun.”

. The assassin froze. He could feel his blood circulation come to a stop before shaking himself out of a trance. Though the other knew his name, he had to be professional. There were always instances the prey was just testing him out. “Hah. W-What.” Once. “Who’s this Nam Woohyun. Never ever heard of him.” Twice. “Why would you even speak of that name?” Thrice.

The older male simply smiled before opening his mouth to speak. “Three mistakes, dearest Woohyun. One, you stuttered. No matter how trained of an assassin you are, you must have stage fright. Second, how did you know Nam Woohyun was a male. There can always be chances where it’s a girl. But, I don’t blame you. The name does sound like a male’s. Last, crucial mistake, Mr. Nam. Trying to change the topic. That’s didn’t really sound professional of you.”

All that could be heard from the exquisite bathroom were screams of sheer excitement.

A smirk, then a punch that landed on the defenceless elder’s cheek. A swing here and there. Not long after, he had his prey laying beneath him. “Know my name or not. It doesn’t matter. For I’ll be the last person these pair of eyes see. You certainly are young and I would have considered keeping you as my pet, but you’re in bad luck. Just know that I’m not the person you’ll want to take revenge on in your next life. Any last words, Kim Sung Gyu?”

The male struggled under Woohyun’s grip and spat into his face. “ you. You thought I’d come unprepared, --” Without giving the other any more chances to speak up, the assassin jabbed the needle harshly into the man’s neck and injected the lethal poison into his veins.

He lifted himself off Sunggyu and watched him toss and turn in the enclosed area, before he stilled and the only presence he could feel was his own. “Woohyun-ah~” He threw the rest of what remained into the toilet bowl and flushed the contents down. “Yah! Nam Woohyun!” He then sent a text to his boss about his completed mission.

How about you stay still for a moment, huh!” A flashing blind light.

He whimpered and snuggled against his pillow, before sniffling. Nam Woohyun. 22 years old. Assassin, but most know him as the kind, cheesy waiter at the neighbourhood café. The other figure sat up beside him and his soft hair that were now curls. Kim Sunggyu, 24 years old. Manager of a large enterprise. The two had been best friends since their college days and had only recently confessed their feelings for each other at a club nearby, after both were dead drunk and spilled it all out.

“It’s fine. Just a nightmare. It happens. Probably because you couldn’t adapt to your surroundings. Don’t cry anymore alright?” He embraced the younger in his arms and took in a whiff of his hair, pecking his forehead after.

Sunggyu was still sleeping soundly until he felt his partner fidget roughly and started to hear whimpers and different noises. He awoke from the disturbance and realized the male that lay beside him was suffering from a nightmare. He had tried to wake him up by calling his name, but to no avail. All he thought of was to wake his boyfriend up, until he heard something that sparked his interest.

“Any last words… N-no. D-don’t kill him. G-gyu…”

Thoughts rushed into Sunggyu’s mind almost immediately, his curiosity was now raised from that small speech made by Woohyun. It took him a moment before regaining his first intention to wake the younger.

Woohyun held onto Sunggyu’s shirt as he sobbed into it. He felt guilty for even having such a dream. He was an assassin and having dreams on how to kill his next target would definitely be normal, but how he killed his boyfriend? There was definitely something wrong, but for now he’d just put it away as too much stress these days. His previous mission had put him near his grave and it had been a week, which meant a new mission would be coming for him soon.

“I—I dreamt of you being k-killed..” was all he could mutter from the chapped lips he now had, that were trembling. He felt pats on his hair before being held by the chin to look up at the older male.

“It’s fine. I’ll be here. I don’t die that easily, babe. Now, how about a morning kiss.” Woohyun nodded with a soft grin at the promise and pressed his still slightly trembling lips softly against the other’s.

What they wouldn’t have expected was that that was the last kiss they’ll ever share.

As expected, Woohyun was called up to the underground base to receive a new mission. They were a legal company that aided the government in killing the criminals which they didn’t have evidence against. “Hey, boss. Long time no see.” Woohyun waved before swinging himself towards the couch cheekily and landing with no ruckus made.

“Woohyun, glad to see you. It’s only been a week, but anyway, here’s your next target. That’s a big fish which you need to get rid of no matter what. Drug dealings, illegal lending of money, money laundering. Crimes from A to Z, this guy has probably done it all. Alright, run along. You have two days to complete the mission. After that you’ll get that one-month holiday you always wanted.”

What Woohyun wouldn’t have expected was that he had taken a much longer holiday.

The grip on the paper tightened. “Kim. S-Sunggyu.” He muttered. He had never expected his lover to be this outrageous. Kim Sunggyu had lied to him, cheated on his feelings. He felt betrayed and all that was seen on his face was tears streaming down his face as he sobbed. His first love. His first kiss. His first in everything. He felt soulless.

What Sunggyu wouldn’t have expected was that his boyfriend would actually really try to kill him.

“What the is this Woohyun. Put down that gun right now.” Sunggyu pointed in Woohyun’s direction accusingly and Woohyun did just as he said.

“Tell me Sunggyu. What have you really been doing these years. Goddamn, why can’t you spill it all out. STOP LYING WITH THAT POKER FACE OF YOURS. SHOW ME THE REAL KIM SUNGGYU!” Sunggyu slowly approached Woohyun step by step with both hands in front of him as if he was going to surrender.

Rose Club. A place you will never forget. The lingering stench of the withering flowers in your nostrils.

“Look, Woohyun. I- I didn’t mean to. I just couldn’t bring myself to tell you the whole dark truth. I know, it’s all wrong, but I can’t stop. I’ve sunk too deep to come back up.” Another careful step he took.

Place where many first loves died along with the roses that magically all wilted on the same day in the club.

"Stay away from me,sinner. Don't come any closer. You are a crime offender. Being an upholder of justice, i'll just end your life peacefully here." he lifted the gun and pointed it towards Sunggyu's chest.

A hellhole for everyone. Everyone leaves with a frown attached to their faces. They would never return for more.

He took a step closer to the now trembling male and with a weird confidence said, "Can't I at least get a last hug and kiss from my lover before you settle me?"

There was no music blasting in the club. People waiting for their turn to get out of the club’s dance floor.

Sure enough the male hesitated but proceeded forward offering a hug with the gun no longer pointed at the other. "T-this will be the last. I-im sorry." And the other complied by hugging him back with a questionable sad smile on his face.

It all happened in a split second. “Go, Sunggyu.” Woohyun said.

No.” the elder replied. He pulled out something familiar from his pocket and swiftly stabbed it into the younger’s neck.

All that could be heard from the now charred bathroom were screams of complete fear.

Two drops of different substances fell onto the floor simultaneously. A red one. A transparent one.

S-Sunggyu..” Woohyun muttered

I’m sorry.” He replied

B-but why.” He mumbled with his last breath

I can’t allow anyone to get in my way. Not even you. Don’t worry. You’re headed to paradise now. I just saved you from hell, didn’t i. You still love me, don’t you? Woohyun... Woohyun? You love me right, I know that. I love you too. Wait for me there.”

No answer came. He fell to his knees with the cold younger in his warm arms. Tears fell for the first time in his life. He had killed his one and only confidant. The one who’d welcome him home every day and cheer him up with cute gestures when he came back from work, the only one he had ever truly loved.

There were ashes everywhere, of bodies and items. Only one thing was left, a journal. A dream journal had survived the whole fire.

Love blossomed here is like a red rose. It might be fragrant and addictive, but the more you let it grow, the more it’s thorns prick and hurt you.”


A/N : Sorry for getting this out late. I had computer problems and to be honest, this story in my case is not satisfactory. I must have lost my mind doing this. Sorry if it didn’t fit your prompt and if it wasn’t what you wanted. Hope you would still enjoy it, though.

StarlightSpirit: Waht is it with all the assassin fics! Poor Woogyu! Sunggyu as a criminal is sad and Woohyun... poor Woohyun :( This whole thing is so sad and so beautiful... I loved it!