For darkreverie13

~Infinite Secret Santa 2013~ *Santas Revealed!*

skate me a figure 8 (in your heart)

 

For: darkreverie13

Pair: Woogyu

Prompt: Gyu is better at skating than they thought... can the others make an appearance?

Words: 2,773


Woohyun blames it all on himself honestly. Nobody else had wanted to go outside in the frigid cold at 11 P.M. especially Sunggyu. But knowing him, Woohyun had somehow convinced the whole group to do his will. (It probably had to do with the fact that he promised them he would stop walking around the dorm in just his socks.) What he didn’t tell them, was the complete details of what he wished.

    Which involved the lot of them bundling up and hiding their faces, hailing two separate taxis, driving all the way to the park and walking up the hill.

    “Are you ing serious Nam Woohyun. Ice skating. At this time.”

    “Well it was either now or in the day time when everyone can recognize us. I figured it was more conventional right now. Besides, when was the last time we had free time?”

    Woohyun swears he can see flames burning from at least half of the member’s eyes and he slightly regrets his impulsive decision.

    “The only free time you’ll be getting is being shut up in the closet now go walk back down the hill and fetch us a taxi you .” It’s not hard to tell that Sunggyu was seething. Probably because he wasn’t sleeping at the time. The same probably went for all the other members.

    Woohyun grumbles. “Fine.” He kicks at a patch of sod in front of him before angrily tramping down the hill with his arms crossed and lips sealed in a pout.

    So much for ice skating.

-

    In the end they do end up ice skating. Probably due to the fact that Woohyun couldn’t flag down any taxi because no taxis ran this late at night and it was a miracle that they had even gotten one in the first place. So here they are now sitting on a bench with their hands shoved in the folds of their coats and breathing puffy breaths into the cold wind.

    “I’m leaving.” Dongwoo and Hoya declare simultaneously and get up. The rest of the group look at them surprised and Woohyun kind of finds it strange that they didn’t want to ice skate.

    “Face it Woohyun, no one wants to be here okay. It’s cold and we’re all sleepy. And we have schedules tomorrow too. You know what, we’ll take everyone along with us too except for Sunggyu. It was his fault the rest of us agreed anyways, your deal was stupid. We would’ve made you put on some clothes eventually but he threatened us with some things.” Hoya deadpans his whole little blurb and motions for the rest of them to stand up and they do, leaving Sunggyu with a blush on his face and Woohyun with a blush on his nose. He’s about to open his mouth and say something but Sunggyu speaks first.

    “I-I didn’t! I just wanted to make sure that none of us did something dumb by themselves…” The leader mumbles, sniffling and burrowing his face deeper into the collar of his coat. Woohyun finds it quite endearing while the others make a noise somewhere between a groan and a snort. “You mean you wanted Woohyun-” Sungjong yelps and grabs his shin, retreating away from Sunggyu who had burned bright red and lashed out to kick the youngest in the leg.

    Sunggyu abruptly stands up and grabs Woohyun’s hand while his face was still dusted an interesting shade of scarlet. “Let’s leave these idiots and go skate.” The older says in a grumpy tone, but Woohyun knows that the male could never be angry at the kids. He willingly obliges (he came here to skate anyways) and follows Sunggyu who was dragging them off from the others who were sure to be snickering and pointing at the two.

    “Uh Sunggyu the pond is the other way?....”

    Sunggyu stops in his tracks and blinks rapidly like some dumb goldfish and Woohyun has to resist the urge to collapse and squeal because Sunggyu looked like the goddamn cutest goldfish ever. A goldfish with a pink nose and pink cheeks and fluffy bed hair. Okay maybe more like a...horse? Forget it, Woohyun was bad with comparisons.

    “Did you even hear what I said you idiot.”

    Now its Woohyun’s turn to blink rapidly. “Huh?”

    Sunggyu sighs sniffles again sending Woohyun’s stomach into another fluttery mess . God his hyung was so cute.

    “I said,” Sunggyu starts patiently. “that we can go dumb ice skating after they leave. Because I will not go up there and have them ridicule me. These kids, I oughta be less soft on them.” Woohyun frowns and shakes his head, stepping forwards and engulfing the older male in a big hug.

    “Shut up Gyu. They’re just teasing you for your idiodicy.” Sunggyu growls and gives the top of Woohyun’s head a quick whack for calling him names but Woohyun continues anyways. “They’re good kids and it’s the holiday season. Don’t be such a grandpa Gyu.” He laughs and steps back, taking off his own scarf and starting to wind it around Sunggyu’s neck. It was dark, so he unfortunately missed the blush steadily creeping up again over the male’s features. He finishes, tucking the end of the scarf under the loops and readjusting it so it covered everything but the other’s eyes. They stay still, standing in the cold with their steady breathing and dumb selves.

    “You’re a good friend Woohyun.” Sunggyu finally says, breaking the silence and offering Woohyun a smile.

    Friend.

    “Yeah. I guess.” Woohyun smiles back and flicks the scarf gently. “What do you say we go skate now? I think the others have long gone. Probably walking if they’re that desperate.” Sunggyu nods at him but Woohyun doesn’t feel anything and just starts walking back towards the hill a few paces behind the elder.

    Friend.

    That was a good thing wasn’t it?

-

    They find skates stacked up high on an old broken bench on the far side of the pond (actually Woohyun found them while Sunggyu just sat there and complained) and after some difficulty found two pairs that actually fit their feet without breaking all of their toes or giving them blood clots. Now came the hard part. Actually getting up and skating. Truth be told, Woohyun was not a good skater. The last time he had ever even been on the ice way long before their debut days, maybe when he was 16, and he would even be lucky to stand on the ice without falling. Woohyun had wanted to go ice skating for no reason at all actually. No cheesy reason, romantic or wistful memories. Just the desire to be free, and what better way than skating? It almost gave the illusion of flying, flying away from their stiff and structured life. (That was the worst comparison ever please forgive me)

    “Hey dummy. Are you going to skate or are you just going to sit there with your brain in a muddle?” Woohyun looks up to a unimpressed Sunggyu with his arms crossed and stubborn spirit back. He’s kind of surprised that Sunggyu could stand on the ice, him never even seeing the older display any effort to move much less skate in the dorms. He also doesn’t want to stand up and immediately fall on his even though he was the one to suggest ice skating in the first place.

    “No you go ahead I’m just going to-” Woohyun tries to think of something quickly because Sunggyu is giving him a scrutinizing stare as if he regretted coming along and he probably did. Woohyun wouldn’t be surprised if he broke a leg or something and Sunggyu just walked off.

    “-massage my fingers!” He quickly squishes his fingers together and rubs them furiously while blowing air on them. “They might get cramped or something during skating and everyone know your fingers are very important in skating you know, wind speed and such. Wind dynamics. Wind.”

    This time Woohyun is sure of the look Sunggyu gives him and it amuses him slightly, to see the older's features all scrunched up and wrinkled. He didn't say his little thought on purpose though, it was purely whatever came to his mind. There's a lull in the conversation as Sunggyu judges Woohyun, staring him up and down with no shame.

    "You're ing stupid."

   Woohyun grins pridefully and puffs out his chest.

    "Precisely why you love me."

    He thinks he hears Sunggyu mutter something along the lines of a  muffled "shut up" or "why don't you go throw yourself off a cliff" before a clump of snow hits him directly in the face. By the time his hands have wiped off the ice on his fringe, Sunggyu is already skating off into the center of the pond without even stumbling or the slightest bit of hesitation.

    Woohyun watches from the sidelines with his hands curled from gripping the edges of the wooden bench, body rocking back and forth instinctively to keep warm. All of his attention is fixed on Sunggyu (as it always is) who is cutting the ice with his skates as he glides effortlessly. Woohyun deftly wonders in the back of his mind if Sunggyu was a professional skater before debut, which seemed highly unlikely anyways. He's cut out of his thoughts as Sunggyu does this simple little jump spin thing, but the way he does it completely enraptures Woohyun in awe. Truth be told, Sunggyu was probably an adequate skater, only made impressive by Woohyun himself who couldn't skate for . (Seriously, while Sunggyu's back was turned, Woohyun had at least made an attempt at getting off the bench. He had only succeeded in about moving 4 inches before feeling his skates completely give out from under him and next thing he knows he was on the ground with a sore . Luckily Sunggyu was still turned around while Woohyun pathetically crawled back on all fours to the safety of the bench.) Woohyun had only ever watched a professional skating program once, and it was only for the pretty girls in short and thin dresses. But now, he didn't need a pretty girl in a revealing dress. Hell, he didn't even need his sanity. All he needed was Sunggyu, Sunggyu who was skating freely on the ice before him, Sunggyu his leader, his best friend, and his other half.

    This wasn't really a realisation for him, he had always known that he had harbored some feelings for the other at some point in time, but he never truly confronted himself about it.

    So this time, Woohyun gets up and with all his concentration, skates out to the middle of the pond. (Very wobbly mind you, he almost fell flat on his face after  hitting a chip in the ice.) He stops Sunggyu midway as the other was doing some loop thing and grips him firmly by the forearms facing him.

    Sunggyu's cheeks are dusted a pretty pink, a contrast against his impossibly paler skin and ruddy nose. The scarf from earlier hangs loosely from his neck with all the tucks and ends coming undone in the male's skating whims. Even through the tragically ugly forest green coat (Two sizes too big probably the manager's because they stumbled in the dark and out of the dorms in a rush) can Woohyun see his chest heaving. Up. Down. Up. Down. Up again. Down again.

    "Hey idiot, are you going to say something or are you just going to stand there staring?" Sunggyu says snippily and the corner of Woohyun's lips curve into a grin.

    "Hyung I like you."

-

Sunggyu leans forwards and kisses him and Woohyun hugs him tighter and they make out romantically under the moonlight as the snow falls around them. Is what Woohyun would love to happen but instead he gets,

    "Are you sick?" Sunggyu does lean forwards, but Woohyun would rather have him putting that palm on his instead of on his forehead to check if he was indeed sick. He shakes his head and his hands automatically drop down to hold Sunggyu's waist, ignoring the glare that Sunggyu had shot him. "Well maybe I am sick. Sick in love." Woohyun croons and he automatically regrets it because he's on the ground cupping his and groaning with a tutting Sunggyu over him.

    But even through his pain, Nam Woohyun was still Nam Woohyun. "Babe why don't you fall on top of me and we can make it one of those cliche kissing scenes?" His lips protrude in a pucker and he closes his eyes while reaching up for the other, who he couldn't see had a look of 90% disgust and 10% pity. "Nam Woohyun i'm going to give you the chance to stand up and get out of my reach before I decapitate your with my skate. And trust me, its pretty sharp after all that ice."

    "You wouldn't babe."

    "5."

    "You don't like my grease?"

    "4."

    "Your eyes are super small when its cold did you know that?"

    "3."

    "You look super y when you're angry hyung."

    "2."

    "Can I call you Rudolph because you'll be guiding my way tonight."

     Woohyun wheezes in hysterics and rolls out of the way of Sunggyu's swinging leg, getting up inhumanely fast and messily stomping back to the bench with Sunggyu in hot pursuit.

    He turns in time to catch Sunggyu and lock his arms ensuring the other wouldn't throttle him on sight. Woohyun sighs and shakes Sunggyu in his grasp a little bit to get the elder to stop thrashing and he does, breathing an annoyed huff along with narrowed eyes.

    "Nam Woohyun you-"

    Sunggyu is interrupted by the loud chiming of the bell tower in the center of the park, signaling midnight. Woohyun looks at Sunggyu expectantly and when he gets no reply back, he exasperatedly rolls his eyes. "It's December 25th. Does that ring a bell? Do you know that its Chirstmas?" He reckons Sunggyu didn't by the way a tiny yelp is heard.

    "Who's the idiot now." Sunggyu laughs and he can't help but laugh along.

    "It's still you of course." Woohyun just nods and they look at each other for what seems to be the longest of times but in reality is only approximately 32 seconds.

    Sunggyu clears his throat, breaking the silence before choosing to speak.

    "Aren't you going to kiss me?"

    And Woohyun does. A real kiss this time, none of that imaginary stuff inside of his head like earlier. He kisses him long and slow with hands pressed flat against Sunggyu's back and chests pressed even closer. He kisses him and kisses until they both cannot kiss anymore, pulling back only an inch for oxygen with foreheads still grazing. Woohyun kisses Sunggyu's nose and smiles sincerely, not the one he uses when he's dead tired on a show or not the one he uses when he's mad at someone. A sincere smile, which Sunggyu returned and making Woohyun's stomach go through a series of acrobatic acts.

    "Merry Christmas."

    "Merry Christmas too you too idiot."

    "You know I really do love you right?"

    "Yeah I know."

    Woohyun pouts. "Aren't you supposed to say something along the lines of I love you too or something?"

    Sunggyu snorts and gives him an incredulous look.

    "Come here."

    They continue kissing under the snow for ages. Literally ages.

-

"Sunggyu it's cold."

"Shut up."

-

fin. (kinda)

-

epilogue;

    They're back at the dorms sitting on the couch, sharing a blanket with mugs of coffee in their hands. Their legs are tangled together in a mess and free hands interlocked between. Woohyun turns his head to the side and kisses Sunggyu's cheek before asking a question.

    "Sunggyu where did you learn to skate so well?"

    The other takes a sip out of the mug.

    ". People really like to do things on ice you know."

    Woohyun spits out his mouthful of coffee all over the table and Sunggyu sighs, using his foot to kick his calf.

    "Go clean it up." Woohyun gets up slowly to go get some paper towels.

    "Maybe I can show you."

    The mess is cleaned in a blink of an eye.

-

actual fin.

 


AN: I'm so sorry the plot kind of went to the dumps because I at writing I'm so sorry if you wanted something different ;;   I tried? ^^;;

StarlightSpirit: This is possibly the cutest type of Woogyu. Woohyun is so greasy and... oh my gosh his pick up line! I'd love to see a funny ty sequel xD