For Cheesyinspirit

~Infinite Secret Santa 2013~ *Santas Revealed!*
­10 reasons why I will not give Nam Woohyun a hamster for Christmas
                 By: Kim Sunggyu

 
For Cheesyinspirit
Pairing: Woogyu
Prompt: Woohyun wants a hamster badly for Christmas but Sunggyu disapproves
 
Note from StarlightSpirit: DO NOT READ THIS WHILST DRINKING. I don't usually add notes at the start but I literally just almost died choking on Pepsi in laughter and come on guys, that is not a good way to go... too fizzy. So yeah, proceed with caution. 

Sunggyu kicks open the door of the room he shares with Myungsoo and Sungjong. Dongwoo, who's having his nails painted by Myungsoo, jumps in shock. Myungsoo frowns displeasingly.


 
"Hyung, don't move, your nails are not done."

 
"I. Am. So. Angry. Right now." Sunggyu stomps towards Sungjong's bed and rips his teddy bear out of its resting place.

 
"That's nice, hyung." Myungsoo says quietly. "And no, Dongwoo hyung, you may not console him. Your nails are not done." Dongwoo groans. He loves it when any of the members are angry because that means he's got an excuse to cuddle with them.

 
Sunggyu glares threateningly at Sungjong's teddy bear. The bear irritates him. Irritates him so much. The way it's just staring back at him, with those round bulging eyes, with that mocking smile. Oh, how Sunggyu loves to rip that smile off his face.

 
"What you lookin' at huh. Huh. Huh!" Sunggyu shakes the gigantic teddy bear. "You think you're so great huh. Living the life without having to buy your stupid dongsaeng a stupid hamster for Christmas!"

 
Dongwoo looks confusedly at the sight of the leader. "Hey Myung, I think hyung is going to start a fight with the bear."

 
"That's nice, hyung." Myungsoo is focusing on painting a tiny strawberry on Dongwoo's ring finger.

 
Dongwoo snickers. "Don't you think this is exciting? The grandpa is fighting the teddy bear!" And on cue, Sunggyu lands a huge punch on the Teddy's snout sending it flying to the other end of the room. And Dongwoo started to cheer.

 
"Woo! Go hyung."

 
"They're seriously fighting?" Myungsoo asks curiously, finally looking up from the nail painting.

 
"Looks like it. Wanna bet on them?" Myungsoo's eyes light up at the suggestion. This could be fun."

 
"I'm betting on the teddy bear!" Dongwoo sighs.

 
"I was going to bet on the teddy bear!"

 
"What? But weren't you cheering on hyung just then?" Dongwoo look thoughtful for awhile. Before he sighs in defeat.

 
"Fine I'll bet on hyung."

 
In the meantime the fight has gone quite excitingly. Sunggyu punched, kicked, and now he has trapped the bear in a headlock. The bear hasn't made any moves yet. But both Myungsoo and Dongwoo are sure he's saving his moves for later.

 
"Why is hyung angry anyway?" Myungsoo wonders. It can't be anything the bear did.

 
"Don't know exactly, but he did mention something about a hamster." Dongwoo tries to explain. At the mentioning of hamsters Sunggyu gasps, he freezes for a second as he is reminded by his original anger. And then he growls. He lifts the teddy bear and smashes it to the floor.

 
"Stupid hamsters. Stupid Christmas."

 
Dongwoo starts to cheer again as he realizes he has a chance of winning the bet, while Myungsoo sighs annoyedly and decides to go back to painting Dongwoo's nails.

 
Sunggyu tries to end the fight by stomping on the fallen bear. He however manages to slip and ends up falling on his poor old man back.

 
And in an instant Myungsoo is on his feet clapping with glee.

 
"Ha! I win!" He then proceeds to bow and shake the teddy bear's paw.

 
"Pfft whatever, I knew I didn't have a chance anyway." Dongwoo inspects the tiny drying strawberries on his nails. "Hey Myungs, can you paint watermelons on my left hand?"

 
Sunggyu is conflicted whether to be angry at his insensitive betting dongsaeng, or just drown in his previous 'hamsters for Christmas' sorrow. Then he thinks he should just stick to his original sorrow.

 
"Oh whyy do bad things always happen to me..." He moans, still on his lying down position on the floor from the fall. To his disappointment the two members seem to be too occupied to pay attention to him.

 
"Okay hyung I'll paint watermelons, but only if I can find the right shade of green in this nail polish set."

 
"That's a really neat nail polish set, where did you get it?"

 
"I found it."

 
"Guys..." Sunggyu tries again. What does he have to do to get attention these days? Does he have to fight the bear again?

 
"You found it? A brand new expensive set of complete nail polish?"

 
"Yup, it's amazing what you can find in our wonderful dorm."

 
"Guys!" Sunggyu decides to use his autocratic leader yell. This time he succeeds getting the attention he rightly deserves. Both Myungsoo and Dongwoo turn their heads toward him and Sunggyu continues with his pity party. "I'm miserable..."

 
"Yes you are." Myungsoo whispers quietly.

 
"Where is my cuddly Dongwoo?" Sunggyu pouts. Dongwoo looked over for confirmation to Myungsoo, who nodded his head, his nails were dry anyway.

 
"YAYYY." Dongwoo cheers and proceed sto cuddle his squishy hyung. Myungsoo watches the cute scene of his hyungs cuddling. Well it is cute, until Dongwoo starts making purring noises. Now Myungsoo is just creeped out.

 
"Okay that's enough." Sunggyu pushes out of Dongwoo's embrace, but Dongwoo still manages to keep the contact by putting his head on Sunggyu's shoulder. Sunggyu just sighs. "Can I talk about my problems now?"

 
"Sure." Dongwoo snuggles happily. Sunggyu takes a deep breath and starts with his story.

 
"Woohyun wants me to give him a hamster for Christmas." Myungsoo raises his eyebrows in confusion. "But I'm not giving him a stupid hamster for Christmas! Not in a million years! It's not fair, he told me he always gives me what I want for Christmas and that I always give him something stupid. But that's not true! Right?"

 
Dongwoo scratches his head. "Well I don't know hyung, you did kinda gave him a spatula last Christmas."

 
"But that's because I know he liked cooking! It was very thoughtful of me."

 
"It's still not exactly an appropriate Christmas gift hyung." Dongwoo explains. "And plus, the year before that you gave him a fake spider."

 
"That was a joke! Plus it was revenge for stealing my hairbrush." Myungsoo gulps. He may or may not actually be the one who stole Sunggyu's hairbrush.

 
"And the year before that you gave him a toilet brush." Dongwoo continues.

 
"It was on sale okay!" Sunggyu pushed Dongwoo away. "I'm not good with Christmas shopping! Stop pressuring me! You're supposed to make me feel better!" Sunggyu folds his legs and burries his head in his arms. The sight touched Dongwoo's fragile heart and he instantly felt guilty.

 
"Aww I'm sorry hyung. It doesn't matter really." Dongwoo scoots closer to his heartbroken hyung. "Any gift is beautiful as long as it comes from the heart. And you, hyung, have a big beautiful heart with plenty of love to share."

 
"Ew." Myungsoo gags. Meanwhile Sunggyu is in tears.

 
"Aww thank you Dongwoo. At least I know someone loves me." He then goes back to cuddling. And Dongwoo goes back to purring.

 
"I don't get it. Why would Woohyun hyung ask for a hamster?" Myungsoo asks while trying to ignore the disturbing sound. "And better yet, why would you refuse? What's so hard about giving him a hamster?" Sunggyu scowls.

 
"There are a lot of reasons why I would not give him a hamster."

 
"Like what?"

 
"There's just a lot okay!" Sunggyu waved his hands dramatically. "It'll be too long to explain."

 
"Maybe you should make a list or something." Myungsoo suggests. Suddenly Sunggyu freezes.

 
"Myungsoo, that's brilliant!" He quickly pushes the unwilling Dongwoo away (again), and starts looking for some pen and paper. Making a list is a great idea, not only he can explain to Myungsoo, he can show it to Woohyun later on.

 
Dongwoo and Myungsoo peeks over his shoulders as he starts writing the title on top of the page:

 
100 reasons why I will not give Nam Woohyun a hamster for Christmas
By: Kim Sunggyu

 
Sunggyu frowns to himself. Okay maybe he's being to excessive. He erases the number on the page and re-writes it.

 
50 reasons why I will not give Nam Woohyun a hamster for Christmas

 
He frowns again. 50 is a big number. He erases it again.

 
20 reasons why I will not give Nam Woohyun a hamster for Christmas

 
By this time Myungsoo is getting suspicious.

 
"Hyung are you making this up?" Sunggyu ignores him and continues with his writing. Somehow he still thinks the number is too high. He decides to cross it one last time.

 
10 reasons why I will not give Nam Woohyun a hamster for Christmas

 
This time Sunggyu is satisfied and proceeds with his reasons.

 
Reason no.1: Hamsters are stupid

 
"Hey that's not very nice hyung." Dongwoo points out. "You can't just say that something is stupid just because it is intellectually inferior."

 
"What kind of reason is that anyway?" Myungsoo is still confused about everything. "That doesn't make any sense. A toilet brush is stupid as well. I'll say it's even stupider then a hamster! And yet you still gave him that."

 
"Not really." Sunggyu points out. "A toilet brush knows how to clean toilets, can a hamster clean toilets?"

 
"Well no, but neither does Hoya hyung."

 
"Well then I'm not giving Woohyun Hoya for Christmas." And at that perfect timing Hoya walks into the room."

 
"I heard my name. What's up?"

 
"Sunggyu hyung said you're stupid." Myungsoo replies, still sore that he can't get a proper answer to his questions.

 
"I did not!"

 
"Yes you did!" Myungsoo insists. "You said hamsters are stupid. Then you said you won't give Woohyun hyung a hamster for Christmas. Then you said you won't give him Hoya hyung for Christmas as well. Therefore logically you think Hoya hyung is stupid." Myungsoo crosses his arms feeling very much satisfied with his logic. The other three just stare blankly at each other in confusion.

 
"What are we talking about again?" Dongwoo asks carefully. Honestly he has lost everything after somebody mentioned cleaning toilets. Hoya shrugs.

 
"Hey don't ask me, I just came."

 
"You did?" Yeah Dongwoo had missed that part too. "Hello Hoya! Welcome to the club!" Dongwoo then gives him a welcoming hug.

 
"Please don't start purring on me hyung." Hoya sighs, unable to stop the embrace. " What is this club anyway."

 
"Oh we're just trying to figure out why Sunggyu hyung won't give Woohyun a hamster. Anyway do you like my nails?"

 
Sunggyu does not like how the conversation has stopped revolving around him. He clears his throat. "Ehem, I would like to continue writing my lists of reasons. If you're interested." Dongwoo and Hoya soon move to his sides. Myungsoo has given up on it and decides to sit on the floor playing with his yo-yo. Well not exactly his.

 
"That's a neat yo-yo Myungs. Where did you buy it? Do you know I have the exact same one?" Myungsoo cringes. He may or may have not found it in Hoya's room.

 
Anyway back to Sunggyu. After a few seconds of hesitation he writes his next reason on the list.

 
Reason no.2: Hamsters look stupid

 
Dongwoo decides to read this one out loud.

 
"What?" Myungsoo reacts. "You can't... I mean you just... The last reason... You can't..."

 
"Your sentences doesn't make any sense Myungsoo." Dongwoo points out.

 
"Yeah and I thought you're supposed to be logical." Hoya adds. Myungsoo then proceeds to move into the corner of the room with the stolen yo-yo where he can sulk peacefully.

 
"Anyway Sunggyu hyung, don't you ever consider that you look like a hamster?" Hoya mentions. It's been quite a famous comparison. At least according to the fans. "So you might want to re-consider writing that hamsters look stupid."

 
"What! I do not look like a hamster! I look nothing like a hamster!" Sunggyu then grows thoughtful. "What does a Hamster look like again? It's those small grey furry animal with long tails right?" Hoya scrunches his face.

 
"No, I'm pretty sure that's a rat. I think hamsters have no tails."

 
"I thought guinea pigs are the one without tails."

 
"Are they not the same thing?" Hoya scratches his head. "All I know if that if it has long ears then it's a bunny." Myungsoo face palms in the corner.

 
"Ohmigawd hyung I figured it out!" Dongwoo suddenly jumps on Hoya's back, interrupting their talk on small mammals. "I think I know why Woohyun wants you to give him a hamster! It's because it reminds him of you." Dongwoo's eyes start to glisten from all the sentiments. "Isn't that just sweet of him! He wants a hamster that looks like you so that he'll remember you whenever he looks at it."

 
"Ew." Myungsoo responds from the corner. Sunggyu scrunches his face. There is nothing sweet about comparing him to a tiny hairy creature. That inspires him to write the third reason.

 
Reason no.3: No I DO NOT look like a hamster, it should NOT remind you of me. And NO it is not sweet.

 
"Don't break his heart hyung!" Dongwoo begins to sob.

 
"Great, now you made him cry." Hoya complains.

 
"Who cares, just give him a hug." Hoya winces.

 
"You give him a hug."

 
"I already did."

 
"Well I did as well. Who hasn't given him a hug today?" Both of them eye the corner.

 
"Oh no please no..." Myungsoo pleads as he sees the look on his hyung’s eyes.

 
Soon enough the no longer crying Dongwoo joins the still sulking Myungsoo in the corner. Purring noises are made.

 
"Anyway I'm going to write the next reason now”, announces Sunggyu. Myungsoo snorted in annoyance.

 
Reason no.4: Nam Woohyun is not responsible enough for a pet.
Reference: the death of Sungyeol's pet rock.

 
"Hey Myungs! You might want to look at this one. It actually makes sense." Hoya calls Myungsoo over. In his mind, everything that has a reference must make sense.

 
Myungsoo drags himself and the still clinging Dongwoo out of the corner, to look at the list. He frowns.

 
"Sungyeol's what?"

 
"Ohmigod I remember that!" Dongwoo screams as he tighten his arms around Myungsoo. "The poor little Jesssie. She was such a darling. It was so brutal..." And with that Sungyeol comes bursting through the door.

 
"DID SOMEONE JUST MENTION MY DARLING JESSICA!" He then starts bawling right on Myungsoo's feet. "I KNEW I COULD NEVER FORGET HER. THERE'S ALWAYS SOMETHING THAT REMINDS ME." He continues sobbing and hugging Myungsoo's feet. Dongwoo soon joins him and they both proceed with their crying party with Myungsoo in between.

 
"Oh god why meee." Now Myungsoo feels like crying as well. "Can you at least let me move back to my corner?" Fortunately for Myungsoo, both his hyungs are still sober enough to grant his wish. Soon enough they all moved to the corner.

 
"I think you should put more references to your list hyung." Hoya suggests. "It actually makes it sound logical." Sunggyu nods in agreement.

 
"Umm guys.." Myungsoo's distant voice is heard from the corner. "What exactly happened to the err... Pet? And why does it seems like I'm the only one who doesn't know about all this?"

 
"It was one of those many times you were in Japan." Sunggyu explains. "Sungyeol found this website that sells pet rocks..."

 
"It was love at first sight!" Sungyeol wails. "She was so sleek and smooth. Oh and the feeling of her beautiful curves..."

 
"Okay Sungyeol no need for details." Hoya quickly interrupts. For a second there Sungyeol actually sounded like he was straight.

 
"Anyway.." Sunggyu continues with the story. "He bought it, named it Jessica, and then Woohyun used it to as a hammer to nail a new bookshelf."

 
And with that the wailing increases from the corner.

 
"Oh my Jessica..." Dongwoo wails.

 
"Oh my Beloved..." Sungyeol wails.

 
"Oh my ears..."  Myungsoo joins in. "And my sanity..."

 
"Maybe it wasn't such a good idea to write that reason hyung." Hoya sighs at all the noise. "Anyway are you going to cont...hyung? Hyung?"

 
Sunggyu is lost in his thoughts. He remembers the day of the dead pet rock. At that time he was doing his daily nagging. He was complaining how his book shelf was so messy that there was no space for everything and that none of his dongsaengs were helping him clean it. Woohyun who happened to be there at the time became his target. He will always regret what he did back then. It turned into a fight. Quite a big one. Sunggyu remembers yelling, and Woohyun stomping out of the room. He remembers how he felt guilty immediately and yet his pride stopped him from going after the other. Sunggyu never did manage to apologize. However, the next time he went into his room, he saw a brand new shelf already installed with all his books neatly organized. Woohyun acted like nothing ever happened.

 
And that's just how it is with Woohyun. Things are just never expressed in words, apart from orders and a few jokes here and there. And maybe this is why it becomes harder for Sunggyu to change it. Things are always left unspoken. Their relationship only consists of small gestures, affections and interpretations from either sides. However this is no longer enough for Sunggyu. And he is determined that this year will be the time where he will make the first move.

 
"Hyung? Hellooo... Are you back yet?" Hoya's voice breaks his reminiscing.

 
"Huh what?"

 
"So are you going to continue with your list." Sunggyu stares limply at the slightly crumpled piece of paper.

 
"Nah I think I'm done with this." He then tosses it aside. Hoya stares in disbelief and snatches the list before it hits the floor.

 
"What no! Don't give up on this. Come on hyung! You only wrote four reasons. You need six more to go."

 
"I can't think of anything else." Sunggyu is slightly weirded out by Hoya's unexpected enthusiasm.

 
"I'll help you! Here I'll think of the next one.." Sunggyu gives his dongsaeng a questioning look.

 
"Why?" Hoya just shrugs.

 
"Dunno, it's kinda fun." He then pauses to think. "Besides, I have a feeling that this list is important to you." Sunggyu suddenly looks so touched that Hoya quickly coughs and rephrases his reason.

 
"I mean I'm just doing this as a practice you know." He looks down embarrassed that his cool and manly image is punctured. "Who knows, maybe I can send a list of reasons why the CEO should give me a holiday break." Sunggyu just smirks knowingly and Hoya quickly changes the  topic.

 
"Anyway I thought of a reason. Do you mind me writing it down." Sunggyu gestures his approval and Hoya grabbed the pen.

 
Reason no.5: Sungjong is allergic to Hamsters

 
Sungyu giggles knowing that it's not true. It is actually quite smart to bring someone else's name into the list. That way he doesn't sound too selfish.

 
"Why Sungjong though?" He asks. Hoya just smirks.

 
"Cuz he's not here."

 
"True enough." Sunggyu makes a mental note to give something nice to Hoya for Christmas. Maybe the purple fluffy keychain that Sunggyu saw him secretly checking out last time they went shopping.

 
"Anyway now we need a reference." Hoya announces. "Sungyeol is pretty good with photoshop. Let's tell him to make a photo of Sungjong having an allergic reaction."

 
They both turn to the corner. It turns out that Myungsoo has figured out one thing that stopped both his hyungs' tears: a manicure. Sunggyu guesses that the manicure set comes with the expansive nail polish set that Myungsoo has 'found'.

 
After they give out the instruction (and after Myungsoo declares that his nail polish is dry enough) Sungyeol is off to work on his laptop. Sunggyu then proceeds to the next reason on his list.

 
Reason no.6: Hamsters are stupid

 
"I'm pretty sure you already wrote that before." Myungsoo annoyedly points out.

 
"Repetition is catchy." Sunggyu explains. Hoya and Dongwoo nod in agreement. Myungsoo groans.

 
And at that moment their group expands with the addition of their maknae who comes strutting into the room.

 
"Hi hyungs! What are you doing? Are you writing a letter to Santa?"

 
"Umm... Yes of course." Sunggyu stutters.

 
"Yes Sungjongie. Sunggyu hyung is just telling Santa how nice Infinite has been." Hoya smiles to the adorable maknae. He just loves how innocent and pure he is. Sungjong however just sticks his tongue out.

 
"I was being sarcastic. Do you seriously think I still believe Santa is real?" Hoya chooses to ignore this statement. He will forever believe that Sungjong is pure and innocent.

 
"Anyway are you writing a love letter confessing your secret love to Woohyun hyung?"

 
"No." Sunggyu says. At the same time Hoya says "yes", Myungsoo says "What?" And Dongwoo says "Potato" (he suddenly feels hungry and saying 'potato' just somehow feels relevant).

 
Sungjong then moves closer to Sunggyu's side. "Let me see!"

 
"No!" Sunggyu exclaims and moves away. He doesn't think Sungjong will be flattered with the presence of his name on the list.

 
"Aww come on hyung just a peek." And that's when Hoya suddenly points to Sungyeol.

 
"Sungjongie look! Sungyeol is photoshopping your face. I think he's putting wrinkles and red spots."
"WHAT. HOMIGOD HYUNG WHAT ARE YOU DOING." And that's how both Sungyeol and Sungjong end up chasing each other out of the room with Sungyeol's laptop in between.

 
"Thanks Hoya." Sunggyu sighs in relief.

 
"Hey hyung I actually have been thinking of a reason." Dongwoo suddenly mentions and points at the list. "It's a good one I promise. Can I write it down?"

 
"Be my guest." And with that Dongwoo writes the next reason.

 
Reason no.7: Hamsters are actually a dangerous creature. They are used as secret weapons. If you press their second toe on their right hind leg, they will pop out a missile and if you press their bellies too hard they will explode in 10 seconds. And therefore you should not have a hamster or you will die.

 
Sunggyu, Hoya and Myungsoo just stare at the list with their mouths wide open. Dongwoo just grins proudly.

 
"Am I awesome or am I awesome?"

 
"Umm... Yeah.." Myungsoo coughs awkwardly.

 
"Sure." Sunggyu adds.

 
"Well done hyung..." Hoya follows. Nobody wants a crying Dongwoo again.

 
"You better finish writing that list. Woohyun hyung is going to be home soon", announces Sungjong who appeared unexpectedly in the room.

 
"Wait, you know about the list?" says the surprised Hoya.

 
"I made Sungyeol tell me." Sungjong just scowls, unamused by his hyung’s antics. "And yes I know everything. Including my supposedly allergic reaction."

 
Sunggyu gives the traitor a deadly stare with his tiny eyes. Sungyeol just puts his hands up in a surrendering gesture.

 
"I'm sorry! He was going to send his teddy bear after me!" With that reason Sunggyu decides to forgive Sungyeol. He himself has experienced first hand the brutality of the Teddy bear. He then bows to Sungjong and sends him an apologetic stare.

 
"I'm sorry Sungjongie, you don't mind if I mention you. Don't you?." Sungjong just sighs.

 
"Ah well, it's not a big deal anyway." He then moves closer to the leader and reads the list, cringing now and then. "Anyway hyung, if you're not giving him a hamster, what are you giving Woohyun hyung?"

 
"Umm... I dunno." Sunggyu then quickly averts the attention from himself. "What are you giving him for Christmas?"

 
"A kiss..." Both Sunggyu and Hoya choke on air, and suddenly the room becomes really silent.

 
"...on the cheek." Sungjong continues. Hoya breathes a sigh of relief. Sunggyu's face turns red. Sungyeol clears his throat and both Myungsoo and Dongwoo just stare at each other, equally confused.

 
"Relax hyung, I'm just broke okay." Sungjong explains. "I'm probably gonna end up giving everyone a kiss since I spent all my money on an expensive manicure set."

 
"A manicure set?" Dongwoo glances suspiciously towards the guilty Myungsoo.

 
"Yes. It's annoying, really. The manicure set even got all these shades of nail polish and it cost me everything." Sungjong sighs sadly. "I could have sworn I put it in my room. But then it's gone and I can't find it." Myungsoo just coughs awkwardly hoping that Sungjong will not glance at a specific corner where the said object is still laying around innocently.

 
"Anyway since you know about my list. Can you help me with the next one?" Sunggyu offers.

 
"Sure! I actually have thought of a genius reason that will sure convince Woohyun hyung." Sungjong then grabs a pair of glasses from his pocket and puts them on just to emphasize his 'genius' idea. Sungyeol just rolls his eyes.

 
"What is it?" asks the intrigued Hoya.

 
"Well think of one thing Woohyun hates the most..."

 
"Spiders?" Myungsoo guesses.

 
"No, I think he's afraid of dying or something." Sungyeol guesses.

 
"No that's not true. He's afraid of Sunggyu hyung dying actually." Hoya corrects.

 
"Why would he be afraid of that." Sunggyu asks, confused.

 
"Well, hyung, you are pretty old..." Hoya carefully answers. Sungjong just face palms himself.

 
"Hyungs I'm actually talking about his face!" Sungjong quickly explains before a Sunggyu and Hoya brawl could start. "He's afraid of anything that can ruin his pretty face. Hence why he has so many skin care products."

 
Everyone then nods in agreement.

 
"And you know what is the worst thing that can ruin his face?"
Hoya is about to answer that when Sungjong interupts him. "Actually don't answer that. We don't have time for stupid answers." Everyone just rolls their eyes at the sassy maknae.

 
"Chicken pox."

 
"I'm sorry what?"

 
"Chicken pox." Sungjong repeats his 'genius' answer. "Do you know how horrible chicken pox can do to your face? Those horrible spots! They just keep growing on your face, on your arms, on your back..." Sungjong continues with his rant on chicken pox. Sunggyu and Hoya just glance at each other.

 
"Oh well it can't be worse than Dongwoo's." Hoya whispers to his hyung.

 
And that's how the eighth reason was born.

 
Reason no.8: Hamsters give you chicken pox

 
Sunggyu stares at his list. He has two more reasons. He then took the pen from Sungjong and writes his next reason. Everyone stares in anticipation.

 
Reason no.9: Hamsters are stupid

 
"AAAAAAAAAGGGHHHHHHHH" Myungsoo explodes. "I GIVE UP! I GIVE UP ON ALL THIS STUPIDITY" He then runs toward his corner and collapses.

 
Sunggyu just shrugs. He continues with his task of staring at the almost finished list. A small smile lit his face. This is it. There is no more chickening out. He's going to do this. He gently moves his pen across the paper, writing the real reason why he won't give Woohyun what he has asked for.

 
Reason no.10: Close your eyes
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Woohyun just stares confused at the last reason.

 
"Just do it. Trust me." Sunggyu says quietly.

 
"And why should I?" Woohyun scoffs. Reading the stupid list wasn't exactly a great experience. In fact, it's quite a great way to ruin his night. Here he is on Christmas Eve, anticipating his present. He doesn't even care that much about a hamster. He just wants to see how much the leader cares about him. What's so hard about getting him something he wants? He didn't even ask for much. Sometimes Woohyun wonders how the other felt towards him. Maybe he was just kidding himself all this time when he actually thought Sunggyu's gazes and caring touches meant something more. Maybe it was all in his head.

 
"Don't you trust me? Just close them. I'm not pranking you or anything if that's what you're scared of."

 
"You better not." Woohyun whispers quietly to himself. His heart just cannot break any further. He slowly closes his eyes. He feels his jacket being gently placed over his shoulders, and he reflectively put his arms over the arm holes. He then feels Sunggyu's soft hands down his chest fumbling with the buttons then move towards his own, pulling him to his feet. The hands then gently pull him, leading him forward.

 
Woohyun can feel Sunggyu leading him outside as the cold air blew in his face. At this point, his anger and disappointment have evaporated, replaced with intense curiosity, and maybe a bit of excitement. He resists the urge to peek through his eyelids. At the end of the day, he really does trust Sunggyu more then anything. He holds his breath, waiting for whatever surprises the older could have possibly prepared.

 
"Okay you can open them now."

 
Woohyun is standing somewhere in the snow. Maybe in a park. He can't really see in the dark. And he doesn't really care. His eyes are drawn to millions of candles. Some are planted in the snow, some are hung in the trees. He slowly turns around and realizes he is surrounded by them. Tiny lights in the darkness. His eyes then fell to Sunggyu, who was standing behind him. His face lit by the fire of the candles, a shy smile on his face, his hands nervously clutching each other. Woohyun remembers once when they both went star gazing and Woohyun expressed his dream to fly amongst the stars. He slowly glanced around to the tiny fires and smiled. Now he understands what this is about.

 
"Woohyun-ah," Sunggyu speaks carefully, not wanting to break the moment. "I've been planning something like this for so long. I thought Christmas is the perfect time to do it, but all these years... I just...I can't..."

 
Years? Woohyun wonders. So all this time. All these Christmas with the stupid gifts.

 
"Every time I tried to do something like this I always ended up too scared." Sunggyu whispers quietly. "I always chickened out and I ended up buying you last minute stupid gifts."

 
That explains everything. Woohyun smiles sweetly. "Hyung..."

 
"Woohyun ah, I like you. I like you a lot."

 
"Hyung..."

 
"I've been liking you for so long and I just don't know how I should tell you. Since we never really talked before..."

 
"Hyung..."

 
"I mean we do talk. Just not about something like this..."

 
"Hyung..."

 
"...and I know you wanted a hamster. But I can't help thinking that you only said that so I won't give you stupid gifts. Plus I think giving you a hamster will just ruin the moment. It's like, I don't know, I thought I can give you something better..."

 
"Hyung!" This time Woohyun places a finger on Sunggyu's lips, that puts an end to his nervous words. Sunggyu holds his breath. This is it. He has confessed everything. Now it's the moment he had only imagined before. The moment when he waits for Woohyun's reply.

 
"Hyung this is all really cheesy." Woohyun then lets out a small giggle. Sunggyu can feel his heart drop. He did not expect that. Not after all that he's gone through.

 
But then Woohyun leans forward and touches Sunggyu's lips with his.

 
Sunggyu did not expect that either.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

 
"That definitely explains everything." Myungsoo whispers as he hid behind a bush with the rest of the members. After he finished his list, Sunggyu informed the members about the secret, and they volunteered to help him set the candles.

 
Dongwoo sighs dreamily as he lean his head to Sungjong's shoulder. "This turned out to be quite a beautiful Christmas."

 
"It's alright." Sungjong yawns. "I just hope my present for Woohyun hyung is safe under the tree. It tends to escape a lot." Dongwoo frowns.

 
"I thought you're only giving Woohyun a kiss?"

 
"My mother sent me some money a few days ago. I thought I might as well give hyung a hamster since Sunggyu hyung won't."

 
"No way, that's what I was thinking as well!" Myungsoo exclaims.

 
"Oh no not you too!" Dongwoo cries out. Have they all given him the same present? Dongwoo then nudged the sleeping Hoya and Sungyeol.

 
"Hey guys wake up!" They both slowly open their eyes. "What did you guys get for Woohyun's present?" They both stare at each other sleepily before answering simultaneously.

 
"A hamster."
---------------------------------
This Christmas Nam Woohyun received five hamsters and one Kim Sunggyu.

 
The end

A/N Dear secret prompt giver, I’m sorry it took so long for me to make it. Honestly I got a bit stuck. I just can’t imagine why Sunggyu disapproves of giving Namu a hamster. So I tried making a list… and before I knew it this happens. The fic is a bit longer then I originally planned and I realize I didn’t put much woogyu moments, the rest of infinite kinda distracts me. Well I still hope you enjoyed it. Merry (late) Christmas. And a big Thank you to Starlightspirit and whoever helped out with this secret santa. I can just imagine how much more work these late coming fics has caused :( I appreciate your patient waiting and editing. Well Happy new year everyone

visinel: BAHAHAHAHA THE LEVEL OF STUPIDITY IS JUST INSANE, MAN /dies/ I can imagine Woohyun raising hamsters for a living LMAO It was fun to read, good job! <3
 
StarlightSpirit: This is just like the craziest, funniest thing ever and bahaha at woohyun getting five hamsters! The manicure set and Dongwoo purringa nd the fight with the teddy bear and this is just levels of awesome that I never will reach so wow! Thank you for writing this! <3