For EpicPandaGod

~Infinite Secret Santa 2013~ *Santas Revealed!*

50 Cents

For EpicPandaGod

Couple: Myungjong

Prompt: "So what I'm saying is that 50 cents can't buy me something useful but it can buy me SOMETHING."


Myungsoo sat in the corner of the warm convenient store, looking out the window. It was Christmas Eve and he just got dumped by his boyfriend.

"I'm sorry but I think we should break up."

"Why?"

"I...I met someone else."

"What? How...how can you do this to me? I thought we were both content with each other!"

"That's the reason why I'm telling you now. I WAS happy with you. I didn't want to hurt you by cheating on you. Which is why I want to break up with you."

"You really...feel nothing for me?"


"I'm sorry."

Myungsoo sighed and watched the snow fall into the sidewalk. Through the window, he saw many happy couples cuddling up against each other under the cold weather and he felt so envious. He did have a boyfriend...

"Excuse me sir. But are you going to buy something? If not, you'll have to leave." The pretty, feminine male cashier said.

"Alright, alright." He mumbled. He stuck his hands into his pockets and searched to see if he had any money. When he took them out, his closed fists opened, revealing only 50 cents. 

"Sir?" The cashier asked.

"Tell me uh..." Myungsoo looked at his name tag. "Is there something I can buy with 50 cents, Sungjong?"

"Sorry sir. We don't sell anything that is 50 cents or less." Sungjong replied.

"So what I'm saying is that 50 cents can't buy me something useful but it can buy me SOMETHING." Myungsoo said. Sungjong looked like he was thinking about something and them sighed.

"Well...you were looking sad and worrisome. You can give me the 50 cents and I'll listen to your problems. How about that?" 

At first Myungsoo thought this kid was crazy. But then he realized how lonely he really was and wanted to stay in the store. He contemplated, while Sungjong just stood there waiting for him to answer.

"Okay, fine. If that's what 50 cents can buy, then I'll take it." Myungsoo finally answered. Sungjong smiled, and Myungsoo was sure that he felt something in his stomach stir. He just might be hungry, he thought to himself.

Myungsoo sat next to the area of the cash register so Sungjong could work and listen at the same time. He thought about what to tell him first. So many things happened, he didn't know where to start. Maybe from when he first met the guy?

"It's about my ex-boyfriend. He just broke up with me."

"Relationship problems huh?" Sungjong asked seriously. Myungsoo just nodded.

"I first met him at a friend's gathering. I thought it was fate since we both wore the same exact suit, the same exact shoes, and even styled our hair the same way. It was like looking at myself in the mirror." Myungsoo chuckled. "It really was a coincidence. But what surprised me was that as soon as he saw me, he started to talk to me. And then we became friends. Then you know...we started to date."

"Cute." Sungjong commented. Myungsoo looked at Sungjong's round eyes and thought about how Woohyun would always do aegyo.

"He also did loads of aegyo. He'd do them everyday. Every chance he'd get. Of course it drove me nuts, but that's why I loved him so much." 

"You two sound so happy. It's kind of weird that you two grew apart." Sungjong told him. Myungsoo nodded, remembering a specific memory.
 
"Myung!" his boyfriend called out. Myungsoo turned around and saw his boyfriend running towards him. It was the year before this one, a snowy day. It was their one month anniversary and they wanted to do something special.

"You're late. Again!" Myungsoo pouted. 

"I know, I know. I'm sorry." He said, doing some aegyo.

"Stop, you know I can't stay mad at you." Myungsoo chuckled. His boyfriend cupped Myungsoo's face in his hands and gave him a small kiss on the lips.

"All is forgiven right?"

"No. Not unless...you give me another kiss." Myungsoo smirked. He laughed and kissed him again, longer this time. He wrapped his hands around Myungsoo's and gasped when here lt how cold they were.

"Myung! Your hands are so cold! Why aren't you wearing your gloves?"

"I didn't think I'd need them. Whose fault is it that I had to stand here in the cold anyway?"

"Here, I'll warm you up with mine." His boyfriend brought Myungsoo's hands and put him in his jacket.

Myungsoo blushed and pulled his boyfriend closer. They were hugging out in the cold night, feeling only each other's warmth. 

"Come on. Let's go on a date." He suddenly said.

"Where?"

"Let's go ice skating."

----------

Myungsoo struggled to keep upright, his legs kept falling onto the ice. He held tightly onto his boyfriend's arms, trying to stay balanced.

"You're doing great Myung! Isn't this fun?" He laughed. Myungsoo hated ice skating. Especially since he never learned how to skate. But he didn't want to disappoint his lover.

"Yeah, this is great." He faked smiled. They went around the rink just once before Myungsoo stumbled on his own feet, causing both them to fall. His lover somehow ended on top of Myungsoo, only barely an inch away from each other's faces.

Myungsoo gulped, not intentionally wanting his situation. His boyfriend on the other hand seemed happy.

"You know if you wanted to do something like this, we could've just gone to your place." He said huskily. He chuckled and gave Myungsoo a quick peck before getting up and pulling him upright. 

After skating, the two love birds went to a cafe, ordering two hot chocolates. Drinking one of those were perfect for a night like this.

"Here you are. My, you two look great together." The waiter said. He smiled and walked away, leaving the both of them to blush awkwardly.

As Myungsoo drank his chocolate, he noticed that his boyfriend had some foam on his upper lip. He had a great idea and wanted to try it out.

"Stay still for just a second." Myungsoo told him.

"Why?"

Myungsoo bent over and his upper lip, making his lover jump back. Myungsoo laughed at his actions and went back to drinking his hot cholocalte.

"Why you little sneak!" He teased. 


Myungsoo looked over to Sungjong and realized that he was actually listening. His hands were held together under his chin as if listening to a story.
"Why'd you stop? What happened after you kissed his foam away?" Sungjong asked. Myungsoo didn't know why this guy was so interested in his story. But he realized that telling him hs feelings were making him less stuffy and sad.

"Well he brought me home. That's it." Myungsoo replied.

"That's it? Well, that was a cute date. Tell me more!" Sungjong said happily. Myungsoo couldn't agree more. It was one of his most happiest times with his boyfriend.

Myungsoo didn't know how he could so easily tell Sungjong his feelings. It just came out like nothing. He thought back to another memory, smiling at the very thought of it.

It was Myungsoo's birthday and he had arrived at his apartment late. He was tired and exhausted from his part-time job at a local restaurant. He checked to see his phone if he had any messages or calls. None what so ever. Frowning, Myungsoo threw his phone onto his bed. It was his birthday and his boyfriend never even called? Once he stepped in the bathroom, all sorts of things happened.

Confetti was shot into the air, balloons were everywhere, his bathroom was a total mess. Out came his wonderful boyfriend that hugged him from the back. Myungsoo almost fell to they round when his boyfriend jumped in his back, blowing on his neck. 

"What are you doing in my bathroom? And why the bathroom of all places? Why not just surprise me the moment I walk in my apartment like normal people?" Myungsoo scolded.

"Awww, Myunggie! You know I'm not like other people!" He laughed. Myungsoo caught himself giggling to him too and couldn't hold back his laughter.

"I thought you forgot." Myungsoo whispered.

"How could I? That would be worse than a crime!

"But you didn't call me or message me--" he was cut off by a kiss. Myungsoo was pushed against the wall, balloons flying during the process. When they broke the kiss for air, Myungsoo could help but have his childlike self come out. Seeing the balloons and cinfetti made him squeal in his mind, wanting to PLAY.

"Go ahead I know how much you want to play with them." 

Myungsoo dived into the many balloons and threw them into the air. Screaming like a child, they both played with each other until their voices started to become hoarse. 

After their mini play time, Myungsoo noticed a cake.

"Oh, let me put the candles on it and light it up!" His boyfriend said. Myungsoo nodded and watched he cake light up.

"Make a wish."

Myungsoo smiled, wishing that he'd get to spend from ever with his loved one.

"There. I love you Myunggie."

"I love you too."


"But even though that happened he broke up with me today. Saying that he found someone knew, I asked him if he even felt a single thing for me. But he just apologized and left."

Suddenly, Sungjong bursted out into tears. 

"Sungjong, why are you crying?"

"That's so sad! Myungsoo that's just so...pitiful, I feel bad for you! I hope your ex and whoever he left you for both end up badly together." He cried out.

"Haha, thanks Sungjong." Myungsoo said, pulling him in for a hug. He helped to wipe away the tears on his face and looked at the time. It was almost midnight.

"Guess the fifty cents got me something useful huh?" Myungsoo said.

"What?"

"A good friend." Myungsoo smiled and patted Sungjong's back.

"Really? You think of me as your friend already?"

"What, you'd think I just tell anyone my problems?"

"Well, you kind of did...for 50 cents." Sungjong laughed. The clock in the convenient store struck midnight, or what was now Christmas morning.

"Merry Christmas Songjong."

"Merry Christmas Myungsoo."

All of a sudden, Myungsoo was pulled back and felt a pair of lips on his. In shock, he let Sungjong kiss him more until they were both breathless.

"That's my Christmas present for you, Myungsoo." Sungjong said.

The door opened with the sound of the bells ringing signaling that someone had just walked in. Myungsoo's eyes widened, recognizing who the person was.

"Oh, Woohyun!" Sungjong called out. Myungsoo wondered how they knew each other.

"Myungsoo! I know your relationship was a bust, but I hope I'm not as unlucky as you were. This is my boyfriend, Nam Woohyun." Myungsoo almost fell backwards when Sungjong told him this.

"But...he's my ex..."

"WHAT?" Sungjong shouted.

StarlightSpirit: Well, I'm glad that the ex wasn't Sungyeol xD I love that you left this open ended with just a hint of romantic Myungjong to come and yet it still felt warm and fluffy anyway. This was a great job here, author <3