For taebaratan

~Infinite Secret Santa 2013~ *Santas Revealed!*

Mistletoe

For taebaratan
Prompt: When doctor Myungsoo got stuck with a childish patient named Sungyeol in christmas...
Pairing: MyungYeol
Word Count: 2 180

“Thank you so much Dr Kim.” The woman thanked gratefully as she was walking out the door, holding the hand of a little girl. “If it wasn’t for you, I don’t know what I would’ve done! No other doctor is working today.”

“It’s not a problem Mrs Kang. Feel free to call me if there are any other issues.” Myungsoo smiled as he waved at the little girl. “I hope little Mira will feel better. No one wants to be sick on Christmas.”
“Of course not. You should go out too Dr Kim.” Mrs Kim said. “Anyway, Merry Christmas!”
“Merry Christmas.” Myungsoo replied as he watched Mrs Kim and her daughter leave the clinic. 
 
Sighing, Myungsoo returned to his office and flopped down onto the leather chair. Closing his eyes, Myungsoo leaned his head against the cushiony back of the seat. It was Christmas day, yet here he was sitting in an office, working. He didn’t mind too much though. Being a doctor meant he should be working every day since people got sick every day. Just because it was Christmas didn’t mean no one got sick. Plus he didn’t really have any plans anyway. 
 
All his friends were on dates and what not. Myungsoo was snapped out of his thoughts as the door banged open and tall guy bounced in. Myungsoo sat up straight, heart racing and cheeks warming up.
“Doctor Kiiiiiiiim!!!!!!!” the guy sang brightly as he plopped down in the chair across from Myungsoo’s desk.
“Sungyeol, what are you doing here?” Myungsoo asked, while trying to calm himself down. Luckily Sungyeol didn’t catch the blush that was fading from Myungsoo’s cheeks.
“I’m sick doctor.” Sungyeol said, pouting while sniffling. Myungsoo squealed inwardly at Sungyeol’s cuteness before clearing his throat and speaking.
“How are you sick Yeol?” Myungsoo asked. Sungyeol came to him for the smallest things, like a runny nose, that he didn’t know when he was actually sick. 
“I thought you were going on a blind date with some girl Woohyun found for you.” Myungsoo muttered bitterly.
“I was. But then I woke up this morning and I had the sniffles.” Sungyeol explained. “So I cancelled and came to see you!”
Myungsoo nodded, secretly happy Sungyeol didn’t go on that blind date. “Well I think you can go home now Yeol.”
“What? But Dr Kim, I’m sick!” Sungyeol complained.
"You just have the sniffles. That’s nothing. Just rest well, keep warm and drink lots of water and you’ll be fine in a few days.” Myungsoo said. “And why do you keep on calling me Dr Kim?”
“Well you are Dr Kim right now aren’t you? But you need to do all those tests on me first before you know what’s wrong with me!” Sungyeol told Myungsoo excitedly.
“You want me to do tests on you?” Myungsoo asked in confusion. Most patients didn’t like doing those tests, but it seems Sungyeol was an exception.
“Yeah! They’re fun. And doctors always give you a lollipop afterwards too.” Sungyeol said happily. Myungsoo chuckled.
“Sungyeol-ah, how old are you? Why do you want lollipops. I don’t even have any.” Myungsoo replied.
“Lollipops are sweet and I love them. If you don’t have any then you have to go buy me some! I can’t better unless I eat a lollipop.” Sungyeol said matter-of-factly. Myungsoo shook his head.
“Fine, I’ll buy you as many lollipops as you want.” Myungsoo agreed.
“Yay! Dr Kim is the best.” Sungyeol cheered. Myungsoo rolled his eyes, moving towards Sungyeol with his stethoscope.
“Of course I am.” Myungsoo said as he did “all those tests” as Sungyeol put it.
 
Myungsoo put the stethoscope in his ear and placed the other end on Sungyeol’s chest. Myungsoo blushed and quickly realised it was a bad idea. Moving away rapidly, Myungsoo put the stethoscope down, onto his desk and picked up a thick paddle pop stick and mini torch.
“Say ‘ah’,” Myungsoo told Sungyeol who was grinning crazily. Sungyeol immediately complied, opening his mouth wide.
 
Myungsoo stuck the paddle pop stick in to keep Sungyeol’s tongue down while he pointed the torch at Sungyeol’s throat. Everything looked fine as Myungsoo expected. Next Myungsoo grabbed his thermometer which measures people’s temperature electronically by putting an end in their ears. Myungsoo placed the gadget in Sungyeol’s ear gently, causing Sungyeol to giggle.
“It’s ticklish Dr Kim.” Sungyeol giggled. Myungsoo shook his head again, smiling.
 
Checking the reading, Myungsoo saw that Sungyeol’s temperature was perfectly normal as well. Sitting back down, Myungsoo put everything back in their places before looking at Sungyeol, who was regarding Myungsoo expectantly.
“Sungyeol, all you have is a slight cold which will get better in a day or two if you keep warm and drink water.” Myungsoo diagnosed.
“And?” Sungyeol continued looking at Myungsoo, who sighed and nodded.
“Let’s go get you your lollipop.” Myungsoo mumbled.
Sungyeol immediately jumped up with a massive smile. “What are you waiting for then. Let’s gooooooooo!”
Sungyeol rushed around to Myungsoo, pulling him up from his seat and dragging him out of his office. On his way out, Myungsoo managed to grab his black coat which had his phone and wallet in it. They passed by the reception and Myungsoo told the secretary that she could have the rest of the day off after closing the clinic.
 
Outside, it was white with a thin layer of snow. The air was cold and stung Myungsoo’s skin. 
He quickly put his black coat on, producing a black scarf from one of the pockets to wrap around his neck. From another pocket, he got out a pair of black gloves. Sungyeol already had his colourful coat, red scarf and gloves on. As soon as Myungsoo was done, Sungyeol grabbed Myungsoo’s hand and started walking quickly down the road, towards the city centre.
 
Myungsoo walked next to Sungyeol, cheeks turning pink from the cold and blushing. He admired Sungyeol’s side view while listening to the other blabbering about ‘how can I be sick on Christmas’ and ‘how Myungsoo needed to come out of his office for once because it was Christmas.’ They reached a confectionary store in no time, Sungyeol dropping Myungsoo’s hand and running inside excitedly. Myungsoo frowned at the loss of contact before stepping in after Sungyeol.
 
In the seven seconds it took Myungsoo to walk in and gather his bearings, Sungyeol had already grabbed a handful of multi-coloured lollipops and was on his way to scoop other types of sweets into a paper bag. Myungsoo smiled at the other’s happy expression, his heart flipping multiple times. Less than a minute later, Sungyeol had made all his selections and was standing in front of Myungsoo eagerly. Myungsoo took the sweets to the counter and made the payment. As soon as they left the shop, Sungyeol unwrapped a lollipop and stuck in his mouth. He then proceeded to unwrap another and held it in front of Myungsoo’s face. Myungsoo looked at Sungyeol, questioningly.
 
“For you Myung.” Sungyeol said with a big smile. Myungsoo smiled back, taking the lollipop in his mouth, while his heart was beating like crazy.
“Now I’m Myung?” Myungsoo asked around his lollipop.
“Well you’re not a doctor right now so you are Myungsoo.” Sungyeol said simply before continuing excitedly. “Let’s go there!”
 
With that, Sungyeol ran away from Myungsoo, towards a shop in the distance. Myungsoo frowned before walking quickly behind. Turned out it was a café at the very end of the road. How Sungyeol even saw the sign from like five hundred metres away was beyond Myungsoo. He probably has all the cafes memorised in his head. Myungsoo thought. As expected from a coffee addict.
 
When Myungsoo finally entered the café, Sungyeol was bouncing impatiently at the counter, waiting for Myungsoo. As soon as Sungyeol saw Myungsoo, he rushed over and pulled Myungsoo to the counter. 
“Myungie, why are you so slow. Now order what you want. I’ve already ordered!” Sungyeol said while smiling like crazy.
Myungsoo ordered a coffee along with cookies before being dragged away again by Sungyeol. How come whenever he went out with Sungyeol, he was always being dragged around? Sungyeol plopped down in a seat, Myungsoo moving to sit opposite him. The café was quite crowded, with everyone coming out to celebrate Christmas with their loved one.
“Since you’re better now, you could still go on that date.” Myungsoo told Sungyeol but immediately hitting himself on the head mentally. Why did he keep on bringing that up?
Sungyeol pouted. “You don’t want to come out with me?”
Myungsoo took a deep breath to calm his heart before replying. “Of course I want to. It’s just, what if you would’ve liked that girl? I know you’ve wanted to be in a relationship for a while.” He ended up mumbling.
Sungyeol laughed at Myungsoo being cute. “Well I know I wouldn’t have liked her.”
“Why?” Myungsoo asked curiously.
“Because I like someone else.” Sungyeol answered just as their orders arrived. Myungsoo’s heart dropped, wondering who Sungyeol likes.
“Myungie.” Sungyeol called, pulling Myungsoo from his questioning thoughts. Sungyeol raised his cup of Americano towards Myungsoo. Myungsoo smiled, picking his mocha up. They clinked cups and sipped the warm drink. Myungsoo picked up a chocolate chip cookie, nibbling on it as he saw that Sungyeol had also ordered a fluffy milk cake. Sungyeol took a bite and closed his eyes to savour the wonderful taste. Myungsoo admired Sungyeol beautiful face before looking away quickly as Sungyeol opened his eyes again.
 
Scooping another piece of the cake up, Sungyeol reached out and offered it to Myungsoo. Myungsoo eyes widened a tiny bit as he stopped nibbling his cookie and ate the cake. Sungyeol smiled at him before going back to eating the rest of the cake by himself. 
 
Myungsoo sipped his mocha and ate his cookies absentmindedly as he thought about what just happened could be classified as an indirect kiss.
About twenty minutes later, after some silent cake and cookie eating and small chatter between sips of coffee, Myungsoo and Sungyeol left the warm atmosphere of the café and stepped back out to the chilly weather. They started walking down a street, to the city square. The sun was starting to set, throwing shadows everywhere and bathing the city in a warm orange glow.
 
In the centre of the city square, was a massive Christmas tree up to seven metres tall. It was full of big pink, green, red, blue and purple baubles. It also had lights wrapped around it which would be once it was dark. Around the edges of the square, there were many benches with roofs that had tinsel hanging from it. More lights were wrapped around poles and wires across the top of the square.
Myungsoo and Sungyeol found an empty bench, sitting down beneath the sparkly tinsel and other décor. They sat in a comfortable silence as they watched people go about, celebrating the festival in their own way. It was enjoyable for them just to be in the other’s presence. 
 
Soon the sun was setting swiftly and before they knew it, it was dark and the lights had come on. The square was lit up with coloured lights, making it a very pretty sight for all the people who passed and caught a glance. Sungyeol smiled at the scene before turning to Myungsoo who was still looking at the pretty lights.
“Isn’t it beautiful Yeol?” Myungsoo said with a smile.
Sungyeol continued looking at Myungsoo’s handsome side profile. “Yeah, you’re very beautiful.” He mumbled.
“Hm?” Myungsoo asked as he turned to look at Sungyeol. Their eyes met and both boys’s heart sped up.
 
Without warning, Sungyeol leaned in and kissed Myungsoo gently on the lips. Myungsoo’s eyes widened, his heart feeling like it was going to jump out and speed away. Sungyeol’s lips felt so soft on Myungsoo’s.
 
Half a minute later, Sungyeol pulled away while glancing at Myungsoo to see what his reaction was. Myungsoo was too shocked to do anything.
 
“I thought you liked someone.” Myungsoo finally managed to say the first thing that came to mind.
“I do.” Sungyeol answered simply, smile gracing his features.
“Why did you kiss me then?” Myungsoo continued logically, though his mind was anything but logical at the moment.
“Because you are the someone I like.” Sungyeol stated.
 
Myungsoo was silent for a moment as he processed Sungyeol’s words. Then he started blushing as it sunk in.
 
“Really?” Myungsoo replied, like any other person would when they were being confessed to.
“No.” Sungyeol answered, chuckled while pointing up. “Mistletoe.”
Myungsoo looked up and made out a dark shape which he assumed to be the mistletoe Sungyeol was referring to. His heart sank for the second time that day as he looked down at his lap.
“Oh.” Myungsoo mumbled. Sungyeol laughed before wrapping his arms around Myungsoo’s waist. Myungsoo looked up at Sungyeol who was smiling mischievously.
“I was kidding.” Sungyeol said. “I really do like you Myungsoo.”
Myungsoo smiled happily before leaning in and kissing Sungyeol again.
"I like you too Sungyeol.”
 

AN: Hope you all enjoyed it~

StarlightSpirit: This is one of the most adorable pieces of Myungyeol fluff that I have ever read - it's totally perfect. Playful Yeollie and doctor Myungie is perfect! Dr. Kim <3 Great job author <3