For LCBLuvsKpop

~Infinite Secret Santa 2013~ *Santas Revealed!*
THE FIVE REASONS WHY…

For LCBLuvsKpop

Pairing: Any

Prompt: I'm free of all prejudices. I hate everyone equally.



The Five Reasons why guys should read Pride and Prejudice:
Add to your quotes bank.
Real drama and intrigue.
Elizabeth’s introspection and change.
Two words: Mr. Bennet.
It is GENUINELY funny.
--
Jane Austen’s Pride and Prejudice has now been in the world for two hundred years. I remember it being on my literature reading list and like all the other guys in my class, didn’t bother reading it because the upperclassmen say that the book was ‘only for women’.
Seeing Sunggyu-hyung read those thick psychology books, and going back to school made me realize that reading may have more to it than I thought. So, I went to the library, straight to the classics and pulled out the first book within reach.
I had my doubts at the choice I made.
Straight to the net I go, looking for reviews to check if this book, scorned by my classmates, would be worth it. I came across an article that made up my mind.
I read it because I finally talked myself into the idea that I could be interested in this story, as girly and soapy as it may be. And I’m here to tell you that that book really opened my eyes.
I had no idea how similar to a period romance novel Infinite was…
--
1. Add to your quotes bank
This novel is chock full of wisdom — and you can memorize these quotes and impress your friends at parties.
--
Anima sana in corpore sano!”
Hyung, saying that won’t fix the air-conditioning.” Sungjong whined, plucking at the collar of his shirt to get some air on his sweaty skin. He sat up from his spot on the floor and reached for a sheet of cardboard and vehemently fanned himself with it.
But it’s true!” the older man shrugged off his shirt and Sungjong wrinkled his nose in distaste, once Dongwoo started stripping it wouldn’t stop until everything was gone.
What does that even mean?”
Dongwoo reached for a shoe box lid and copied the maknae’s actions. “A healthy mind in a healthy body. Kinda like mind over matter, Sungjong-ah. If we believe with all we have that it’s cold, then it will be cold.”
Why do I even bother…”
--
2. Real drama and intrigue
You hear “novel of manners,” a subgenre in which Pride and Prejudice is often pigeonholed, you may want to run the other way. But, listen, there is real drama and page-turning intrigue here. I’m not kidding.
--
Okay! Who did it!?” the lazy silence of the dorm was broken by Sungyeol’s screech from the kitchen.
Sunggyu rolled his eyes at the choding’s exaggeration and made a beeline straight into his room, obviously intent on avoiding whatever drama was going to come up.
What is he talking about this time?” Woohyun muttered under his breath while dropping his bag unceremoniously on the floor and headed for the kitchen, trying to get to the root of the problem to get it over with as soon as possible. Woohyun had once said that the best way to deal with Sungyeol’s drama was somewhat akin to ripping off a band-aid. Fast and painful is always the way to go.
The bathroom door opened and Hoya stepped out, running a towel through his hair, “He probably left something in the fridge again.”
Sungyeol stomped into the living room and shoved an empty pan in Sungjong’s face, “Did you do it?” he demanded. Sungjong shot him with the most scornful look he could muster while being so tired. “No.”
The tallest member then turned manic eyes on the main dancer. Hoya raised his arms in a placating gesture and immediately answered a negative before bolting for his own room.. Sungyeol ignored Dongwoo who was lying down on the floor, staring up blankly at the ceiling and turned apprehensive eyes at their leader’s door.
Before he could make up his mind on whether or not he should storm the eldest’s room, the door opened once again and Myungsoo entered. Seeing an excuse, Sungyeol moved forward and shook the pan threateningly at the younger man’s face. “You did it didn’t you!?” he accused. “You ate my cake! How could you? I trusted you and you betrayed me!”
Myungsoo looked from the pan to Sungyeol’s face then back to pan, “You ate that cake three days ago,” he stated. “I told you not to leave the pan in the fridge, didn’t I?”
--
3. Elizabeth’s introspection and change
Watching a character examine his/her conscience and, as a result, change over the course of a novel is infinitely fascinating — and Elizabeth is a fascinating character.
[Myungsoo’s introspection and change]
--
L was the visual of the group. He wasn’t just good looking, he was stunningly beautiful. His image as a cool and mysterious guy won him the hearts of many fans. In popularity he was always ranked in the top spot. Even Sungjong felt intimidated by his looks and Sungjong was not the type to back out of any challenge especially when it came to vanity.
L was one side and Myungsoo was the other. For Sungjong, Myungsoo was the hyung who would cling to you cutely while asking for food, or he would come up to you and brush your hair out of your eyes or he would be rolling on the floor hugging his bamboo wife tightly.
Case in point, Sungyeol-hyung ignoring Myungsoo-hyung because the younger had ripped his shirt open on-stage. The fans had gone wild while Sungyeol had smiled cheekily at Myungsoo before pushing him away. Off-stage, Sungyeol had gone off the rails defending his chastity against the other. Ending the one-sided rant with a ban on any kind of skinship with the other.
The expression of horror on Myungsoo’s face could not be described.
So here they are now, Myungsoo placating Sungyeol with everything under the sun. Sungjong once again wondered why he was the one always playing witness to these kinds of things. He had nothing against the relationships between his hyungs but he drew the line at blatant flirting and those in-your-faces come-to-bed advances.
He did not need to know what they came up with in the bedroom.
After seeing Sungyeol shove the sixth plate of food away from himself, he knew that the slowly darkening look in Myungsoo’s eyes could only mean earphones plugged in with the volume up to full blast tonight. He shut the door to their shared bedroom just in time to avoid seeing the younger man tackle the older to the ground.
And they say he was impulsive.
--

 
4. Two words: Mr. Bennet
Elizabeth’s father is, by far, my favorite character in the novel. The man — surrounded by his five daughters and his annoying wife — is a saint.
[Two syllables: YaDong]
Dongwoo-hyung is the nicest guy in the group. It was hard to get mad at a guy who was so sincerely honest and helpful, that you’d have to be a real douche to even think about doing anything that could wipe a smile off the older man’s face. He was childish and always smiling, never failing to bring a smile to the others’ faces when he laughs.
Hoya-hyung was quiet and sarcastic but he was also kind. The kind of guy who would quietly help you without expecting anything in return. He was dedicated and hardworking and giving up were words that did not exist in his vocabulary.
YaDong the couple pairing in Infinite.
For the fans, they are sweet and awkward and all sorts of adorable. Feeding each other, that ridiculous pasta trick, the paper kisses and the riding out into the sunset on couple bikes.
For Sungjong, they are the means by which he shall earn himself a martyrdom. They say he was just being over dramatic, that he was merely living up the role of diva maknae, but he had proof that he should be getting an award for sainthood, because really! He has been through way too much already.
For the rest of Infinite, they are explosive and loud. Always harsh breathing and small, breathless moans. Completely different from what you would expect, especially with their personality.
It kinda reminded him of that one saying…
It’s always the quiet ones…
--
5. It is GENUINELY funny
You often hear that Jane Austen’s wit is one of the hallmarks of the novel, and it’s true.
--
Watching their leader and Woohyun interact is always a guaranteed laugh. At least, it was for him. Seeing Sunggyu trying and failing to get away from Woohyun’s grease and affection on-stage was always a laugh. Sunggyu-hyung’s tentativeness was adorable to look at while Woohyun’s actions just made you (i.e him) want to throw something at him just so he would stop.
If it’s just with Infinite, it was amusing to see Woohyun trying to pull their leader into the closest dark corner and have his way with him. Note the word trying. He usually ended up his face push to the wall while Sunggyu ranted on irresponsibility and 99.9% synchronization.
In these cases, Sungjong could see the similarities between rabbits and the main vocal. They may look cute and fluffy but in truth, they will kick you away if they don’t like the way you touch them and they like to make friends… and yes, that was an innuendo.
Sungjong didn’t really know how the dynamics of their relationship worked, considering the aggressiveness of both sides, but He knew that watching them together was better than anything TV could ever come up with.
Get off me! Nam Woohyun!”
But hyung!”
--
Sungjong closed the novel and laid it on his mattress. He had enjoyed more than he thought he would and that article he had read had been right on the money. The way the story tied into his own life’s drama was an added bonus as well, he could only imagine the reactions on his hyungs’ faces when he tells them about the fact that they act like girls from an old book.
Sungjong smiled and stretched his arms above his head, getting the kinks out of his shoulder and back. He swung his legs off the bed and got up, heading for the kitchen.
He resolved to visit the library when he had time, who knew reading books could bring out such a revelation in his life.
StarlightSpirit: This was just absolutely perfect! I love Pride and Prejudice and I love how you used the prompt but not completely directly and I just love fics centering on one member's views of the others! Great <3