2: His instict

Tied To A Dino (My SLY Fox SEQUEL)

 

Are they here already?”, Yerin asked Jonghyun when they got off the car.

Jonghyun just shrugged his shoulders as they walk towards the restaurant where the dinner will be held. They opened the door and saw the owner, Onew, inside, talking with Key and Yeonmi. A wide smile automatically registered on their faces.

Yeonmi~!”, Yerin excitedly called and ran to her bestfriend. They hugged and greeted each other with squeals. After a touching reunion scene, they all gathered to a table to start the conversation as they wait for the others.

Onew oppa you're so into restaurants. This is like your third restaurant already, in my count since I last visited.”, Yeonmi told Onew.

Actually, the fourth. He branched another just this month.”, Key corrected.

Onew chuckled at what they said. “I just felt like my chickens need home and one isn't enough for them.”

They all rolled their eyes to Onew's statement. Ah~ Onew and his unending love for chickens. They were in the middle of catching up with each other when someone came to their table.

Already enjoying yourselves, huh?”, Minho said then he pulled a chair to sit with them.

Oppa~!”, Yerin and Yeonmi called in chorus.

Hey!”, The boys all highfived with.

Among all of them, Minho is the least they can see because he's the busiest. Managing his own business, modeling and at the same time, joining the national soccer team. He's just so loaded.

This dinner is the greatest idea you have ever thought of and in the most perfect timing. I seriously need break and this is the best way to start.”, Minho said.

If only you're not a career-greedy one, you could have a lot of time to relax.”, Jonghyun told him.

Oh? I believe I'm just too focused that's why.”, Minho countered him then turned to Yerin. “He's such a bum even when he's supposed to be busy, right? I suggest you find someone better.”, he said with a funny, fake-concerned look.

Yerin cutely did a two thumbs up to ride on teasing Jonghyun, which is a success based on how deadly the glare he sent to her and to Minho.

We're almost complete. Just--”, Key was cut off when the door of the restaurant flung open and two guys, both wearing cap, almost covering half of their faces, and a pair of tinted glasses. Both boys were panting as if they ran away from something, then they quickly closed the door.

Phew~. That's crazy.”, Taemin said and let out a sigh of relief.

No. That's insane.”, Sehun corrected while fanning himself.

They both walked to us and when they saw glasses of water on the table, each of them grabbed one and finished it in one shot.

Why are you guys running?”, Onew asked.

The press, the fans, they're chasing us.”, Taemin explained after he flopped himself on the chair.

Sehun agreed to that. They were both chased by fans and press because they're actually quite--- or rather REALLY popular nowadays. Both of them got into an agency and started their career as artists. They perform, but Sehun, more often, is on Yerin and Key's projects as he is their main model/advertiser.

So I guess we're complete.”, Yeonmi said when she saw that Taemin and Sehun finally recovered from their exhaustion.

Dinner was served to them as they enjoy their conversation on everything that had happened when they're all busy and away from each other. Everything is fine, just like before, but even got better.

------

Okay! The first part is done.”, the photographer announced after the last flash of his camera. The models on the prepared set scrammed after their last shot.

Prepare the next batch of clothes. We'll start in a few minutes.”, Yerin commanded to the staffs, to which they followed obediently.

I walked around to supervise and check everything. They're all getting busy these days because of the projects that came continuously, which is a good thing. And as for this current photoshoot, she made sure that she'll handle it personally because this new client has a big name on this industry and could potentially be their big customer. They need to build a good impression, of course.

Yerin.”, a voice spoke behind her, with a light tap on her shoulder.

When she turned around, it is Key, with a man in formal attire.

Yerin, this is Mr. Shin Minwoo our client for this current project. Mr. Shin, this is Ms. Jin Yerin, the co-owner of the company.”, Key introduced them to each other.

The man smiled at her as he reached out his hand for a hand shake. Yerin smiled too and shook hands with him. This is the first time that she have met this big client of them and honestly, this is not the image of Mr. Shin that she have built in her mind. She thought she'd be seeing an old, and stressed looking and very formal man, but it's exactly the opposite of what she is seeing right now. The Mr. Shin in front of her now is a tall, neat and undeniably a good looking man. His smiling at her with that oh-so-gorgeous smile and with matching very charming eyes.

It's nice to finally meet the one who personally supervises and handles my project. Everything is well, good job.”, he said.

Thank you. It's our job to make everything well, Mr. Shin.”, she answered.

Yerin, he's here to personally check this photoshoot.”, Key said and smiled at her with twinkle on his eyes.

She already knew what is that twinkle on his eyes. It means that Mr. Shin is doing his final checking, studying everything because he's near to considering their project proposal for him. Hopefully, they would soon be signing their biggest business contract, closing a great deal with him.

Uhm would you like us to show you around Mr. Shin? We're halfway done on this photoshoot.”, Yerin offered.

That would be great.”, he agreed right away.

Key and Yerin toured Mr. Shin around the whole photoshoot set, showing him everything good that he should see. They kept on explaining everything, with hidden messages of encouragement to already close the deal. They're both pretty confident that at the end, things would be in favor of them and their company.

Key let Yerin take over the conversation with their client because the second part of the photo session is starting and someone has to monitor it. The two just got out of the wardrobe section when Yerin noticed someone standing by the waiting area. It was Jonghyun, looking around the whole set as if he's finding something-- or someone. Then the moment his eyes landed on her, with Mr. Shin, his brow raised as high as his hairline.

Yerin looked at Jonghyun from a distance and signaled 'wait' with her hands, which just made Jonghyun's brows to furrow this time. His eyes went to Mr. Shin, and never left. He's eyeing at him fiercely all the time. Yerin just hoped Mr. Shin did not notice it.

Yerin and Mr. Shin is going here, going there, talking about this and talking about that, and during the whole time their together, there's a raging dino that has he's firing eyes on them. If his eyes were real lasers, Mr. Shin could have already had countless holes on his body or maybe he could be on fire right now. He knows that it's one of their clients and everything is just for business, but he doesn't like the way that man is looking at Yerin, like he's so fond of her. Everytime his hands would touch, intended or not, Jonghyun wants to run to him and chop off his arm. And what pisses him the most is that Yerin is being extra nice to him, with all that bright and wide smiles of her.

I personally witnessed how you handle your projects really well and everything is going smoothly.”, Mr. Shin told Key and Yerin when the photo session is over and everybody is now packing up.

We're really trying our best to make it at its best.”, Yerin replied with a bright smile.

I hope we'll be able to work on more projects in the future.”, Key added.

We will, definitely.”, Mr. Shin replied like he was giving a very sure statement.

He reached out his hand to Key for a final handshake, then to Yerin. She accepted his hands without any hesitations and paired it with a sweet smile as she knows that they succeeded. Then a very loud cough was heard, coming from Jonghyun who is still standing from afar, eyeing at them. All eyes went on him.

Are you okay sir?”, a staff attended to him. He's already very well known by the whole staff team.

Yeah. The atmosphere here is just kinda... suffocating.”, Jonghyun answered then threw a glare to Yerin. She just sighed and rolled her eyes.

After that, Mr. Shin already left. Key and Yerin both have victorious smiles on their faces, then Jonghyun came to them.

Oh. Mr. Kim you're here, AGAIN.”, Key greeted Jonghyun with a tone of sarcasm.

Jonghyun just shortly glared at him then looked back to Yerin. He was about to talk but Key did first.

Let me guess. You're going to ask Yerin who is that guy we were talking to earlier, right?”,

Jonghyun just gave him a short glance, wanting to ignore him, then he turned to Yerin again to start talking but, again, Key interrupted.

Then you're going to ask what--”

YAH!”, Jonghyun shouted at Key.

Key smiled wide. “I'm out of here. Yerin let's talk later. BYE.”, he did a peace sign then went away quickly.

Jonghyun wanted to pull Key back and give him a lesson but he has something to settle first. He turned to Yerin and stared at her and Yerin just looked back at him. Soon, they were already having their 'staring battle', like mentally fighting with each other. At the end, Yerin gave up because they're being pointless and just wasting too much time.

She sighed and scratched her head. “So, are you going to ask the questions that Key said?”

You can start answering now.”, Jonghyun said and crossed his arms over his chest.

That is Mr. Shin and he's our client. Satisfied?”

And how about being extra nice to him?”, He asked again.

Her brow raised. “Extra nice?”

Jonghyun nodded firmly. Yerin's face got crumpled in confusion but a smile slowly broke on her face, then end up chuckling.

What's funny?”, Jonghyun asked.

Yerin breathed to hold her chuckles. “You know I'm in a good mood today so I won't be annoyed to your interrogations.”, She smiled and walked away to get her bag.

Hey. Why aren't you answering?”, Jonghyun followed.

I'll answer and explain about being 'extra nice' later, over lunch. I'm really hungry~”, Yerin flashed a wide smile before grabbing his hand, then she called Key from a distance. “Kibum oppa, we'll go ahead.”

Ne. I'll handle this. Annyeong~”, Key waved to them.

She dragged Jonghyun with her, hand in hand, and they went out of the set. Jonghyun was still a bit sulky but seeing Yerin smiling at him like this and having her holding his hand, tells him that there's nothing to worry and all he just needed to do is to enjoy their time together.

He then smiled and let go of Yerin's hand holding him, but instead, he extended his arm over her shoulder and pulled her close while walking.

-----

Rest day had finally come after a long and tiring week. Because they were out often, they usually spend their free day just relaxing on either his or her home. Like now, Jonghyun has his head on Yerins lap while he's lying on the couch, watching dvd on her house. Yerin is so into watching the movie, but on the other hand, Jonghyun is more into watching her instead.

Then Yerin's phone suddenly rang.

Babe, my phone~”, Yerin pointed at her phone which is placed nearer to Jonghyun.

Tch. Using endearment only when you need something.”, Jonghyun huffed then reached for her phone on the coffee table. But before he handed it to her, he checked the caller ID first.

Shin Minwoo?”, he read with furrow brows as he already knows who was it.

Yerin grabbed the phone from him quickly, worried that it might be something important.

Yoboseyo?”, she answered. Jonghyun is just looking up to her, from lying on her lap, and preparing for some major eavesdropping and observing.

Ne, Yerin-ssi. Are you working now?”, the man asked.

Uhm no, because it's rest day. Why?”

Oh then, can we meet for lunch today?”, he asked again.

Is it something important?”, she asked back.

Uhm actually no. Just a simple friendly lunch together.”, he answered confidently, with a gentle laugh.

Yerin paused for a bit, then he looked at Jonghyun who was trying his best to figure out what are they talking about. Though Mr. Shin, or Minwoo as he wanted to be called, is an important person, things that are out of business matters with him are not her priorities. Besides, it's her day to spend with Jonghyun, and only with him.

She sighed. “Uhm I'm afraid I'll have to decline. I have plans for today.”

It took seconds before she heard an answer from the other line. “Is that so? It's fine. Let's just meet some other time.”

Okay.”, a short reply from her before she ended the call, and placed it back to the coffee table. Jonghyun sat up and faced her.

That guy is asking you out, right?”, he asked seriously. She just nodded.

And why? It's you're rest day and you're supposed to be with me.”, he frowned.

I know. I declined, okay? Nothing to worry.”, she rolled her eyes and went back to watching again.

Jonghyun felt relief hearing that she declined the offer. He's starting to be seriously pissed to that man. Though he understands that he's an important client, the way he sees it, that Mr. Shin is taking advantage of that situation and uses it to make moves to Yerin, but she doesn't seem to notice it.

Jonghyun moved closer to her and hug her from the side, perfectly enclosing her around his hold.

I told you he likes you.”, he said, but not in an accusing way.

She looked up to him. “Just because he's asking me out? How about Key oppa, Sehun and the other oppas, they're asking me out often too.”

Of course that different. Can't you feel it?”

She just chuckled. “Feel what? I told you everything is not as what you're thinking. Asking me out is just his way of socializing with his business partners.”

Aishh. You never believed my instinct.”, he sighed heavily and buried his face on her shoulder.

Instinct? What about your dino instinct?”, she giggled, teasing him.

He brought his head up and faced her, just inches away. As he stared into her eyes, *poof* , immediately, the thoughts and worries about Shin Minwoo had vanished in his mind. All he's thinking right now is that he is happy that he has this girl in front of him, and the only worry he carries is the possibility that he might lose her. These past days, he had been thinking of ways on how to secure her with him, and he always end up with one solution... and that, he might do soon...

Wanna learn something about my dino instict?”, he asked.

What about it?”, she giggled.

Whenever there's a pretty fox near me, I do this...”, he smirked then crossed the gap between them, letting his lips land on hers. He felt Yerin smiled on his lips then kissed back. He tightened his hug to her and pulled her even closer, to which Yerin didn't protest and even hugged his neck that made him drown in happiness.

But then Yerin pulled away from him and stood up, leaving him with a 'what-the-hell' expression.

Yah. I declined the lunch with him so you better have it with me because I'm starving.”, Yerin said while looking down to him.

Jonghyun frowned, irritation rising on him because Yerin just cut the happiest moment of his day.

Go eat by yourself.”, Jonghyun pouted and looked away.

She giggled and held her phone. “Then maybe I should just call Mr. Shin and--”

Within just seconds, Jonghyun stood up, snatched the phone from her and placed it in his own pocket.

Fine, Fine. Let's go. Seriously, I want to chop you into pieces and cook you now.”, Jonghyun said, irritably, while dragging her out of the house.

I'd be a very yummy if I have been cooked.”, Yerin giggled.

Even raw, right now.”, Jonghyun mumbled. But Yerin heard it and her eyes widened. She glared at Jonghyun and punch him arm with a threatening look.

~~~~~~