33: Welcome~

Tied To A Dino (My SLY Fox SEQUEL)

[a/n: Hi there~ I'm baaaaack. Sorry if it took too long. Maybe you would want to re-read the last chapter if you kinda forgot what happened last. Thank you. Enjoy~]

*****

 

"Umma..."

A whisper was floating in Yerin's hearing, followed by a gentle on her cheeks that was making her out of her slumber.

"Yuhan's umma..."

Another whisper and she slowly fluttered her eyes open. She blinked and when her vision got clear, Jonghyun's face was the one that welcomed her.

A brighter smile spread on Jonghyun's lips when he saw her woke up. "Hi. Time to eat your lunch."

She blinked a few more to totally gain her consciousness, then moved to sit on the hospital bed. She pouted as she watches Jonghyun lay the bed tray in front, with her lunch on.

"Why?", Jonghyun asked after he seated on the edge of the bed and noticed her expression.

"It's uncomfortable here. When can we go home?"

Jonghyun chuckled. He offered a spoonful of rice in front of and she took it in.

"This is just your second day here."

"I know but it doesn't feel like it. It's dull here. I wanna go home."

Jonghyun chukled again. "Don't worry, I already talked to your doctor and she said we can go home today."

"Really? Finally.", her eyes sparkled and she sighed with relief. She then smiled and her hands unconsciously went on her tummy and did a run on it. For a second she felt confused that she felt it flat, empty. It felt strange.

"He's already out.", Jonghyun had to remind her.

'Oh yes, Baby Kim is not in my tummy anymore'. She shook her head while laughing softly. It's just been two days, and she carried Baby Kim—rather Kim Yuhan— for more than eight months, it might need few more days to get used to this.

The spoon was once again in front of , but instead of opening , she held her hand out to ask for the spoon to be held by herself.

"I can. I'm not injured, you know."

Jonghyun shook his head, and tried to put down Yerin's hands that was asking for the spoon but it kept on springing back up again.

"Let me.", he said, struggling to keep Yerin's hands down.

"I said I can."

"But you liked me feeding you before."

" 'Before'. When I was pregnant."

Jonghyun whined, still insisting. It made Yerin's brow raised. "Stop it."

He flashed a pained expression. "Aww. You're no longer sweet to me. I knew it's just because of the pregnancy."

"Then shall I be, again?", she grinned.

Jonghyun's eyes widened. "Pregnant? Oh no...not anytime sooner. I told you I don't want to hear those screams of pain again."

Yerin laughed and was about to reply but got interrupted when the door opened. Yerin's eyes glowed when a nurse came in, with Yuhan in her arms. Then she noticed the bunch of people trailing behind them: Yuhan's four fanboys— err— uncles. These people can't get enough of her son.

The nurse greeted them nicely as she approaches Yerin's bed. Jonghyun set the table tray aside though Yerin still haven't fnished her lunch as he knows that she would definitely choose her son over lunch. When Yuhan is already handed to her mother, the nurse bid goodbye and left.

"Can I hold him now?", Taemin asked, sitting on the edge of the bed.

"I'm your hyung so I hold him first.", Minho tried to push him away. Taemin frowned at him and Minho returned it with sharp eyes.

"You two, stop. I'm the one older than you guys so I'll hold him first.", Key said, raising his brow.

Yerin laughed. "If that's the case then shouldn't it be Onew oppa to hold Yuhan? He's the eldest."

All eyes went to where Onew was standing quietly. His eyes grew wide, along with the gap between his lips.

"M-me?", he asked, pointing to himself. Then he shook his head. "No, no. I don't think so. I don't think I should.". Yerin just tilted her head sidewards as she looks at him with amusement.

"Oh no Yerin. You wouldn't want to put your son on Onew hyung's hand.", Minho warned.

"You know, he might drop him. Or he might trip, Or...", Taemin thought of more possibilities.

She just giggled. "Wae? I trust Onew oppa.", Yerin smiled warmly at Onew and he gave off a shy smile, rubbing the back of his neck.

"No, you dirty guys.", Jonghyun shook his head. "You guys came from God knows where, you have caught all sorts of dirt from outside so no one of you will be holding Yuhan now. End."

They all responded to Jonghyun with glares, but he just nonchalantly looked at them. With that, the boys just settled on looking at Yuhan for now.

"It's weird that he looks like Jonghyun but Jonghyun isn't this cute. He never had been, at all.", Minho said.

"Huh.", Jonghyun huffed and rolled his eyes. "Don't care what you say. You're just envious of my little dino.". Minho didn't say more. 'Cause honestly, yes, he's a little envious.

"So you'll be discharged today?", Onew asked to Yerin.

"Yeah. We're finally going to take Yuhan home.", she squealed at the last part.

Key chuckled a bit sarcastically. "I have heard of this. Oh you better be ready."

"For?", Jonghyun and Yerin asked in chorus.

 

 

_______________________________

 

"Oh my gaaawd. What to do??", Jonghyun asked helplessly at Yerin.

Yerin just shrugged her shoulders but she has the same expression as her husband and then another wail surfaced.  She's holding Yuhan in her arms, swaying him, trying to calm the baby. Since they got home to the house, Yuhan had started crying, he'd stop for a while but will cry again, and it gets louder and louder.

"Maybe he's hungry?", Jonghyun said.

"I just fed him."

"Feed him more?"

Yerin leered at him. "You want to bloat your son?"

Jonghyun scratched his head. "Uhh, maybe he's tired?", He guessed again. "Or maybe he's not just used to the surroundings"

Yerin didn't answer, still trying hard to make Yuhan cease his cry. Fortunately, slowly, it's working.

Jonghyun hissed. "Out of all time, why is it now that everyone who is experienced to this unreachable?"

"Shhh.", Yerin hushed him.

He looked at Yuhan who is slowly calming down, then to Yerin who still looks like in panic and exhausted. He wanted to do something but he can't. He's clueless. How would he know when Yuhan is their first? It actually amazes him that Yerin somehow knew what to do, he wondered how. Maternal instinct? 'Maybe.'. It is just now that he understood what that really means.

He sighed and stood up. He organized all the baby things that they used that were scattered all over their room, he cleaned some other mess that they made because of panic, he adjusted the room temperature and dimmed the lights a bit to make the ambiance more cozy. Looking at Yerin again, he remembered they haven't had dinner yet.

"I'll prepare dinner.", he whispered to Yerin. She just nodded to him.

He glanced at Yuhan. His face is wet from crying and he wanted to dry it but he's afraid that would make him cry again. Before he stepped away, he held Yerin's head close to his face and kissed her temple, letting her know he was sorry, he's there to help and he loves her.

 

 

Yerin sighed really deep when she laid Yuhan down in his crib, certain that he is a hundred percent asleep. She adjusted the small pillows around him and the soft blue blanket covering his small body. It's just been a few hours since they took Yuhan out of the hospital and having it completely under their care but those few hours had been a real chaos. It might be the biggest fuss she had been in her entire life. But still, it was the greatest fuss.

'The happiest one, maybe?', she chuckled at the thought. She's hell tired and hungry but she doesn't want to stop what she's doing. Having Yuhan in her arms is...addicting, as Jonghyun describes it, and he is undoubtedly right.

Yuhan's arms moved so she gently tapped him again while humming so he won't completely wake up. She sighed and smiled when Yuhan relaxed again but then the door opened abruptly.

"Dinner is ready.", Jonghyun talked in his normal voice: loud, as he step inside the room.

Yerin's eyes widened threateningly towards him, with her teeth gritted. Jonghyun got frozen, biting his lip and his hands immediately went over his mouth. He wanted to slap himself at the moment for forgetting about his sleeping son. Their eyes both went to their son's direction and they were kept frozen as they wait for a few seconds more. Luckily, Yuhan didn't move at all.

"Sorry~", Jonghyun mouthed with apologetic look to Yerin.

"If he had been woken up, I could have thrown you off this house.", she talked really really soft, looking at Jonghyun sharply as he approaches her.

He stopped behind her and slowly slid his arms around Yerin's waist. They're next to the crib so they tried to be very careful of moving.

Jonghyun's arms tightened, pulling Yerin closer to him. "I'm sorry...", he whispered on her ear.

"It's okay. He didn't wake up."

"Not that... I'm sorry I can't do a lot of help. You must be tired because you did almost everything, and it's because I don't know much about this."

Yerin smiled and gently touched his face that was over her shoulder. "Nothing to be sorry about. You've been a very big help on calming him down earlier. And besides, we're just starting. We still have a lot of things to do on the following days and I'm sure you'll be doing well."

He nodded and rested his chin on the crook of her neck. They both stared down to Yuhan in his crib. The sight of him peacefully sleeping is just so mesmerizing. Jonghyun felt proud, thinking that Yuhan is the best that he had done in his entire life. Next is marrying his son's mother, of course.

"Babe...", he called soflty.

"Hmm?"

"Is this even possible?"

"What?" Yerin tilted her face a bit to the side, only to meet Jonghyun's eyes staring directly to hers.

He blink in a slow manner, but his eyes never lost it's direction to hers.

"Falling in love to the same woman again and again. Deeper and deeper each time?"

Yerin was left agape because of what she just heard, and this man's eyes on hers weren't of any help. Her cheeks went from warm to hot, and it's spreading all over her. The heat could even melt her, and she already is.

"Hey.", Jonghyun smiled, amused by her reaction. His arms did the work to turn turn her and make her face him, then pulling her close to him.

"I didn't think that it's possible to love you more that I do before but now, I think it is."

It took time before Yerin managed to hold herself together (from melting ㅋㅋㅋ). She blinked then chuckled softly.

"Oh my. That's so cheesy of you.", she giggled.

"But you still blush from it.", he grinned.

"That's because it's too cheeeeeeeesy!", she said with a squeal at the end but she quickly realized her mistake and covered . They sighed in relief when Yuhan didn't move even an inch.

Jonghyun chuckled and took Yerin's hand. "I think we should continue talking outside, over dinner."

Yerin nodded and they carefully walked outside the room, leaving the door open so they'd hear if Yuhan will cry. As they walk down the stairs, Yerin squeezed Jonghyun's hand.

"I think it's possible.", she said. Jonghyun looked at her, asking.

"I think it's possible to fall in with the same person again and again. I feel it too."

 

_______________________________________

 

 

 

Yerin started making breakfast early the next day while Jonghyun is still asleep. It's been quite a while since she made breakfast because it had been Jonghyun doing it for him when she was pregnant and she's sure if he's awake, he would still insist on doing it.

She hates it that Jonghyun felt sorry for 'not being able to help' her when the truth is he's doing everything. He took really good care of her, even more than what she needs. He never left her in the hospital even for a single moment and after Yuhan's birth, he was also the one who took care of the both of them and everything. Now that she's more capable of moving, she would want to give it all back.

When she finished cooking, she went back to their room to wake Jonghyun up but it seemed that it isn't anymore needed. The moment she opened the door, she saw Jonghyun sitting on the edge of their bed, with the crib in front of him and he's looking down to Yuhan who is also already awake.

Jonghyun seemed to not notice her standing at the door so she decided to just stay there and watch him for a while. It a sight worth watching after all.

At first he was just staring at the baby, while it slowly moves its arms up in the air. He spent a few moments just watching Yuhan intently until he slowly put his hand inside the crib too and played with Yuhan's hands. He's gently poking Yuhan's hands that were held up.

He spent few more moments doing it, nothing else. As their hands play, there was that expression in his face again. Amusement. Like it's the first time again that he have seen his son, or maybe like he can't believe that Yuhan is actually in front of him.

Yerin thought that scene is the most watch-worthy, not until he saw how Yuhan caught Jonghyun's index finger, then wrapped his little fingers around. Jonghyun's eyes widened and glowed.

"Oh? Yuhan-ah, you're holding appa.", he talked to Yuhan, as a very wide, face-ripping grin spread on his face. Soon he was laughing while looking at Yuhan, as if his son is telling him jokes that only him can hear. That was one priceless appa and son moment.

Jonghyun stood up, bent down to carefully pick up Yuhan from the crib and he carried him, still laughing. That was when his eyes went to her direction. His eyes glowed more.

"He held me.", he boasted.

She nodded while smiling. "Yeah I saw."

He laughed again and held Yuhan tighter and closer to his body, but still being careful. "If this is the payment I get for staying up all night taking care of this little dino, I'd rather want to be sleepless."

"Oh really? I'll have that in mind if Yuhan will cry again this night.",

Jonghyun didn't reply, he probably didn't heard what she said anymore because he's too busy making funny faces for Yuhan. Yerin wants to tell him that Yuhan can't really see clear what he's doing or even understand it but she just let him, he's enjoying it too much.

"Little puppy, since it's your first day here, I should show you around the house.", he said while making their way outside the room.

"Uhm, Jjong, breakfast is ready.", she tried to call him but it's like he didn't hear it.

"Oh we should go to your room first, you should see it!"

"Jong"

"Appa put all his fox collection there. It's now all yours baby.", he continued talking and went inside the room he is talking about with Yuhan.

Yerin was left there, shaking his head. She wasn't surprise with this at all, she saw all these coming: Jonghyun being lost in his father world because of his little puppy-dino.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Annyeong everyone. I've been away for really really long, I'm sorry for that. Thank you to all who waited patiently for me and the update for this story. I appreaciate every message and comment I did recieve while I'm away. You guys are JJANG~! Thank you again.

COMMENT, VOTE, SUBSCRIBE <3