32: Their Angel

Tied To A Dino (My SLY Fox SEQUEL)

 

Through a large, clear glass window, Jonghyun can see heaven. Yes, heaven. A comfortable, nice, and dreamy place. It is definitely a heaven, though there weren't fluffy clouds, sunlight or white butterflies that flies around, it was full of angels. Angels that were lying on there bassinets in rows, with their eyes closed and in complete peace. But then, his eyes are stuck only on one certain angel...

His angel.

His hand voluntary touched the glass window as he looks inside. Right in front of his eyes, his baby is sleeping under soft, blue cotton covers. He smiled, remembering the first time he held him, their very first skin contact. He's so small, he's delicate and looks so fragile. For the first seconds, as the nurse hands his son to him, he felt scared, scared that he might hurt his boy but the next moments when he felt him on his own arms, fear vanished and it was all pure joy. The (almost) nine months of waiting had been rewarded by just a few moments of contact.

'I want to hold him again.', he thought. It is addicting.

He was contemplating whether he should follow his want to hold his son again or just let him rest in the nursery when he felt a tap on his shoulder from behind. He turned his head and found the four boys around him with warm  smiles on their faces. He smiled back to them then set his eyes back to the nursery.

"We went to the room but Yerin is still asleep. Her mom said you are here.", Onew said. All of them stood beside Jonghyun, looking through the glass window too.

"Where is he?", Minho asked.

He pointed the bassinet in front of them by his eyes. "My son..."

All of them moved closer to take a better look, squeezing Jonghyun in the center. Their mouths were all open as they stare at the baby, their faces full of amusement.

"Omo. So cute~", Taemin squealed a little, being the one nearest, his two hands, forehead and nose touching the glass.

"Ooooh. He's just like a doll. Is he real?", Minho asked, peeking over Taemin's shoulder.

Jonghyun chuckled. "Of course he's real. I held him. He's breathing, moving and crying...", he narrated dreamily as he remembered the moment that Baby Kim is in his arms.

They all looked at him, amazed and envious at the same time. He smiled proudly, silently boasting about holding his own baby.

Onew then patted his head and gazed at him with brotherly love. "Congratulations. You're a one great man now. You've been really good and responsible. You deserve this."

"Yes. Congrats hyung.", the others also said and gave him a pat on his shoulder.

Jonghyun lost his words. He just stared at them, his friends, that to him were like his brothers. He smiled softly and them and glanced at his son. The feeling is overwhelming. "Suddenly, I wanted to cry."

All of them huffed at once and rolled their eyes.

"What's new? You always cry hyung.", Taemin said, looking at him weirdly. They all laughed but there was Jonghyun who was unable to hold his tears back. His lower lip was trembling and eyes were wet when he looked at them, looking so vulnerable like a child, then he gazed again at his baby inside the nursery. The laughter died down and they surrounded him, caressing his back as he cries in front of the window.

"Hey...", Key called softly.

Jonghyun sniffed. "Sorry... but it's just too overwhelming. Just a few hours ago, I was wishing my wife a happy birthday, then the next, we're in the hospital and she is in great pain. I was so scared. Then there's the baby and it's a total swing of emotion. It's like heaven on earth when I saw him... ", he sobbed but he wanted to laugh at himself. He is happy but tears just can't stop from coming out, he though he must have gone crazy after everything that had happened.

"You must be really happy.", Minho commented.

"I am, really."

"I felt envious all of a sudden.", Key pouted and looked at Baby Kim.

Onew patted Key's back. "There's Jisoo....", he said meaningfully.

Key blushed. "At the right time hyung...", his voice trailed off as he finish his sentence but he sighed and rolled his eyes afterwards. "Wait. Why are we suddenly drifted off the topic? This day isn't about me... Have Yerin seen Baby Kim already?", he asked Jonghyun. Jonghyun's tears has finally stopped. He wiped his face and shook his head.

 

 

-----------------

 

"How are you feeling?", Yerin's mom asked her.

"I'm fine Umma.", Yerin gave a reassuring but weak smile to her.

"Do you need anything? Something to eat?", Sodam, who was beside her bed, asked too.

"No, thanks. I'm fine Unni.", she smiled to her too as she moved on her bed to slightly sit and was assisted by all the people surrounding her. She felt a bit awkward by it.

"Are you really fine Yerin?", Jonghyun's mother asked too.

She chuckled while scratching her head. "Yes. Everyone, I'm fine.", she announced and they nodded but she can still see wariness on their faces but they said nothing.

She just woke up then and the moment her eyes opened, she was overwhelmed by the attention she got by everyone inside the room, all worrying for her. She's actually still feeling some pain but bearable. She touched her tummy and it felt different, the big bump was gone. Suddenly, a flood of thought and realizations came to her. 'My baby. He's out.'. Her eyes immediately scanned the room but found none from those she was hoping to see.

"Where's Jonghyun?", she asked to Sodam who was arranging things on the table beside her bed.

"He went out a while ago."

She nodded and then the door opened and all eyes shifted there to look.

"Annyeong~", there's chorused greetings from four boys who came in waving cheerfully at her. They walked to her one by one, giving her a quick hug and after Taemin, who was the last one, her view of who's behind them got clear. She stilled.

Behind them was Jonghyun, coming towards her direction and he got something on his arms... It was just then when she realized that it is not 'something' that he is holding but 'someone'. That someone is covered by a baby blue cloth that was restraining her to get better look. They continue to walk towards her and she waited, waited and waited.

'Urgh. Why do they walk so slow... or not?'. she thought as anticipation rose in her. It seems like every step takes eternity. She wants them in front of her already, near her. She wanted to stretch her arm and pull Jonghyun so he'd come close to her quickly.

"Hi.", Jonghyun mumbled when his feet finally landed right beside her bed, near Yerin.

Yerin just briefly looked at him before her eyes were stuck on the little covered human on his arms. She said nothing but was left agape. 'Is he real?'

"Here.", he said, handing their son to her. People inside the room all gathered around them, also wanting a better and closer look of the new member of the family and also Yerin's reaction.

Without removing her eyes from the baby, Yerin's hands slowly moved to take it from Jonghyun. She carefully slid one hand under the head and the other under the body. 'This angel is so tiny.'. Very carefully, she moved him close to her own body and a wide smile spread on her face. She can now see him very close and clear. 'You're one beautiful angel.'. There are few hairs on top of his small head. His eyelids were still closed but she can already see how beautiful his eyes were. His eyes went to his cute little nose that looks like just a tiny bump, then to his hands that were balled into a fist tightly, and also, his small feet with very tiny toes on it.

She suddenly remembered a quote from a book she read when she's still pregnant: "Once you see your baby, you know there's nothing in this world you could ever love more". Yes it's true, hundred percent truth. Right at the moment her fingertips touched his son, she felt her overflowing love for him instantly and that he's already a big part of her being, her life and their family. Before she knew it, there's already a tear drop on his son's red cheek. She sobbed and wiped her face so that no more tears will be falling to the baby but it just won't stop.

"Yah...", Jonghyun helped her wipe her tears with both of his thumbs. "You know, I've shed enough tears already for this baby a while ago. No more, he had enough.", he said with humor.

"Right. If you just saw him crying loud outside the nursery a while ago, you'll be embarrassed.", Minho said with fake disgust. Yerin looked up at Jonghyun while pouting. A sob came out from her but a soft giggle followed.

Jonghyun knew that Yerin wasn't sad though she cries but he still felt relief when she saw her smile. He sat on the bed beside her, held her head and pulled it close to him to kiss her hair and her temple.

"Uhm I think we should go out first and let you have your moment.", Jonghyun's mom said and she gathered everyone, guiding them to come out with her outside. Jonghyun mouthed a 'thank you' to her and she smiled before she closed the door.

When they're already alone, Jonghyun looked at Yerin. She's still gazing down at the baby on her arms, looking at it closely, knowing every details and her face project amusement and joy as she does that. Jonghyun can see himself on her, he's sure this is how he looks like on his first meeting with the baby.

"So... this is Baby Kim.", Yerin beamed at him brightly, then set his eyes back to their son.

Jonghyun smiled, moved closer to her and wrapped his arms around her that he's like hugging both her and the baby. He leaned in closer to her, having their cheeks touching each other.

"Yuhan... Kim Yuhan.", he whispered to her.

Yerin didn't get it and looked at him with asking eyes. Jonghyun grinned right in front of her face as they're just inches away, and planted a quick kiss on her lips.

"He is Kim Yuhan. Baby Kim's name."

Yerin's lips slightly parted, just staring at him while thinking about what he said. For a while, Jonghyun felt nervous. He worried that she might not like the name so he warily waited for her reaction.

"Kim Yuhan...", Yerin tested the word. She looked back down to Baby Kim and later on nodded, with a smile on her lips. "Kim Yuhan it is."

Jonghyun's arm tightened around them as he dropped his head on her shoulder with a sigh of relief. "I thought you won't like it."

"It's good and I think it suits him.", she looked at Yuhan. "Annyeong Kim Yuhan~ It's Umma and Appa, Yuhan-ah~"

As if he understood his mother's call, Yuhan squirmed a bit. Both their eyes widened and their mouth opened at their son's reaction.

"He approves his name!", Jonghyun said proudly.

They both laughed but when laughter died down, they were left just lovingly gazing at the baby. They're both letting their eyes explore more of Yuhan's features. Then Yerin smiled and looked at Jonghyun and their faces are inches away again.

"He looks like you babe.", she said and kissed him quick.

"Really?"

"Yeah, just what I like. It's like I have two Jonghyun.", she grinned and Jonghyun's heart jumped, seeing that she's very happy and because she means she wants more 'Jonghyun' in her life.

He did a quick examine on her with his eyes. He's glad she looks well now after his hardship the last time.

"Are you okay fine now?", he asked.

Oh that question again. "Yes I'm fine now. Don't worry."

"Are you sure?"

Yerin rolled her eyes. "You know, I've heard of that question a thousand times already since I woke up. I'm fine now okay? I'd tell you if I'm feeling unwell."

"Just making sure. I've seen your hardship on giving birth. I've witnessed how you twisted and screamed because of pain. I was so scared then. I don't know what to do."

Yerin remembered last night, the body and soul breaking pain... she shuddered at the memory.

Jonghyun's head rested on her shoulder again. "I don't want you feeling that pain again. It's risky and I don't want to risk you. I'm never gonna get you pregnant again if that'll hurt you that much."

She raised an eyebrow at him. "Oh really?", there was a hint of sarcasm on her tone.

"Of course! Even if it takes... not touching you—err, for a while.", Jonghyun seemed to be unsure of the last part but he chose to stick on his words.

"OH REALLY?", sarcasm is pouring in her tone. She had made him loom at her this time by bouncing him up with her shoulder. "Really Mr. Kim? Not touching me?"

"Yes. I endured it while you're pregnant. It's 9 months baby."

"Correction. Just the last 2 months Mr. Kim, because the doctor advised not to.", she smirked.

"At least...", he pouted, not wanting to accept his defeat. He tried to find ways to drift the conversation off that topic because it was disturbing for him. Fortunately, he remembered something important.

"Oh I almost forgot to tell you... Yuhan's birthday and yours...", he hung his sentence.

Yerin waited for his next words but her mind finished it for him. She already realized what she means and a goofy smile of amusement was showing on her face, "Omo. Our birthdays, on the same date."

Jonghyun nodded and kissed her hair. "Yeah. You two, my lives, started existing on the same date."

Yerin's mouth was just about to open to say something when he remembered something again and he cut her from speaking. He started searching something in his pockets, just like the last night before they came to the hospital. She waited, curious about what is it that he is so excited to show her... until Jonghyun presented a rectangular box in front of her. Because she can't open it herself because she's holding the baby, Jonghyun did it for her. Yerin stared at the content in awe when it was revealed.

White gold pendant. Jonghyun picked up the chain of it and the piece dangled in front of her. The chain holds a white gold in a shape of a puzzle piece.

"Puzzle piece?", she asked him.

"Yeah.", he nodded and with his other hand, he took out a pendant being hidden under his shirt. She didn't notice he was wearing it. His pendant is also in a shape of a puzzle piece like hers, but his was the frame of hers, like her pendant would fit inside of his to make a square.

"It's because you complete me.", He explained briefly and wore it to her. "Happy birthday.", he whispered afterwards.

"Jjong...", he muttered, looking straight to his eyes. She felt the urge that she must do something so sat properly, carefully placed Yuhan on the bed so her hands are all free, and she'll be able to hug Jonghyun. "You know, I consider Yuhan your gift to me already. But still thank you. You complete me too."

He chuckled and caressed her hair. "And speaking of Yuhan...", he kissed her forehead first before he let go of her to another thing from his pocket and in just a few moments, he presented another box in front of her, this time, she opened it.

It's another puzzle piece, exactly the same as hers, except that the chain was shorter than theirs. She looked at Jonghyun.

"It's Yuhan's, he'd wear it in the future. He completes me too. The two of you do.", Jonghyun explained again.

Yerin is at loss of words. All she can do is stare at her husband, and that's all she wanted to do to. He completes her too, also Baby Kim—Yuhan.

"I love you.", she said as she throw herself in Jonghyun's arms again. That is were she always wanted to be, her favorite place, close to his heart.

Jonghyun hugged her tight and breathed on her hair. His favorite scent. "I love you too, so much."

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Annyeong~ Sorry if this chapter took too long.

(I have a lot of things to say but I forgot about it. I remember it was important... or not? BUT REALLY I FORGOT EVERYTHING I'M GOING TO SAY. TT-TT I'll edit this note once I remembered it)

EDITED: I rememered a part. I was going to ask why I often recieve comments/PMs to make Yerin or baby kim safe? AM I A MORBID WRITER? I'm curious. Do I hurt my characters often? Is that good or not? [there's still a lot I can't remember.]

Thank you for reading. :)