6: Cold Reconciliation

Tied To A Dino (My SLY Fox SEQUEL)

 

Yerin got snapped out from her slumber when she felt the heat of the sun rays from the window hitting her face. She slowly opened her eyes and adjusted to the brightness of her surroundings but as soon as the memories of what happened last night came into her mind, she suddenly sat up on her bed. She did some thinking as her mind is still adjusting from her sleep. Everything slowly came to her mind and when she had finally remembered the later scenes of last night, she drop back her body on the bed and sighed.

 

FLASHBACK

There literally weren't any corner of the house that Yerin hasn't went since she kept on walking around, trying her best to ease at least a little bit of her nervousness. She would check her phone from time to time hoping to find a message from Onew announcing that Jonghyun is alright, but it's almost an hour that has passed since she asked him to call and check on Jonghyun, there's still none from him.

She bit her fingers more everytime the thought of Jonghyun's accident three years ago would come to her mind. He has the same anger when he drove away after she had unmeaningly said something unpleasing to his ears. Her heart pounded hard at the thought that it might happen again.  

Yerin tightly closed her eyes as she shook her head, driving those bad thoughts away. 'Omg. Yerin you need to relax.', she fanned herself to lessen the tension in her. She decided to go to the kitchen to drink water only to stumble while running back to the living room when she heard her phone rang.

A call from Onew.

“Onew oppa! Have you contacted him already? Have you talked to him? Where is he now? Does h--”

Onew cut her off. “Hey hey. Yerin Relax.”

She followed what he said. She breathed deeply a few times first then tried to talk calmly, while her heart seemed to not understand the word 'calm'.

“H-Have you talked to him already?”, Yerin asked again.

“Yes. Don't worry anymore. He's safe and he's here now at my house. I and the boys will talk to him.”, Onew said.

Yerin almost dropped in the floor because of the big relief she felt. “Is he still mad?”

“Uhh we still can't talk to him properly.”

She bit her lip. “Uhm... C-can I talk to him?”, she asked nervously.

Onew parted the phone from his ear to look at Jonghyun but ended up shaking his head as he get back to the phone. “I don't think so. Let's just let him cool down first. We'll take care of him for now.”

She sighed, “Okay. Please try to calm him oppa.”

“Ne.”

 

END OF FLASHBACK

 

Yerin looked at the clock beside her bed and found out that it's almost high noon. She had trouble sleeping last night that's why she wasn't surprised that she has woken up very late but she didn't bother about the time. Good thing it is weekend and she doesn't have to be at the office because she is seriously not in the mood to work now.

She reached for her phone, hoping to find something that would brighten up her day, a message from Jonghyun or something, but all she got is disappointment when she found nothing in her inbox but just random messages from random people.

'He's really mad...', she thought. Then she started typing a message.

 

[TO: Babo DINO <3]

Hey. I'm sorry. That's not what I really meant to say. Let's talk.

*SEND*

[TO: Babo DINO <3]

I'm really really sorry. Talk to me pleeeeeeaaase. ILY :*

*SEND*

[TO: Babo DINO <3]

Yaaahh. Aren't you really going to talk to me? I'm apologizing. DON'T IGNORE MEEE.

*SEND* *SEND* *SEND*

Yerin squeezed her phone in her hand after sending messages to Jonghyun, waiting for his reply but received nothing. She waited longer but it seems like he's really ignoring her this time. She even tried to call him but he's intentionally declining it.

Few more times and Yerin already gave up. She let go of her phone and gathered all her might to get up and start her day. She lazily went to her bathroom and took a shower. She got out of her room after she get dressed. She checked her phone again but it's still empty of what she wants to see so she just threw it on the couch. She went to the kitchen and just got a glass of milk because it's already too late for breakfast, and though she's hungry, she don't feel like eating because she usually eat lunch with Jonghyun every weekend.

She got herself another glass of milk before going out of the kitchen and headed to the living room. She was about to open the TV but stopped when her phone rang. She hurriedly crawled to the couch and reached for her phone. She closed her eyes, deciding to count up to three before looking at the caller, for suspense.

one...

 

two...

 

three...

 

 

MINHO OPPA CALLING....

Yerin's shoulders fell and she literally threw on the couch to lie down. She wanted not to answer the call because of too much disappointment but she doesn't want to be rude. She sighed then accepted the call.

"Ne Minho oppa?", she answered with close eyes, while massaging her forehead.

"You sound so stressed. Are you okay?", Minho asked worriedly.

"Ne, I'm fine. Why'd you call?"

"Ah have you had lunch already? We're here in my house and--"

"ALL OF YOU??", she cut Minho and she immediately sat up from lying down. "As in you FIVE guys?"

Minho chuckled at her reaction. "Yeah. I just wanted to ask if you could go here and join us."

"SURE. I'll come. I'll be there right away.", she answered without any hesitations. Jonghyun will be there and she wouldn't let this chance to talk to him pass.

"Uh... and Yerin. Can you bring desert? Onew hyung forgot to buy earlier, all he brought are chicken, chicken and chicken."

Yerin laughed and agreed. She felt lightness on her heart as she ended the call, now that she knows she'll be seeing Jonghyun for today, and they can talk. Without wasting any second, she hurriedly jumped off the couch and get dressed to head to Minho's house.

 

------------

 

Yerin parked her car in front of Minho's house and grabbed the box of cake from the passenger seat before she get off. She faced her reflection on the car's window, making sure that she looks fine before she walked towards the front door.

She pushed the doorbell button and waited patiently for the door to open. She got excited yet nervous on facing Jonghyun after their serious quarrel. She kept on building words to say to him for them to fix their issue already.

"Ah you're finally here.", the door was finally opened by Minho. He widened the door opening and Yerin walked in.

"We haven't ate lunch yet 'cause were waiting for you.", Minho said while we're walking farther in.

"Ahh.", Yerin responded, but her mind wasn't fully focused on talking to him. Her eyes searched around the house and all she saw were Onew and Key on the living room, who greeted her with a smile when they noticed her.

Yerin turned to Minho who is looking at her, knowing what exactly was on her mind.

"Actually...", Minho started but got cut off when two people came out from the kitchen.

"Noona~!", Taemin called out happily as he run towards her. She thought he'd be giving her a hug but the Taemin's intention was really to check on the box that she was holding.

Yerin chuckled at his act and handed him the box. Then her eyes went to the person who was walking behind Taemin but stopped the moment he have locked eyes with her. Jonghyun looked shocked, like he wasn't expecting that she would be there, and he looks unprepared of seeing her. They stared for seconds but Jonghyun was the first one to retrieve his eyes and looked away. He just walked past Yerin, like she doesn't exist while gulping from the bottled water he has on his hand.

"Ooooh...Snobbish Jonghyun~", Key sang while following Jonghyun with his eyes as he pass in front of him. Jonghyun just glared at Key before sitting beside Onew and focused on the TV screen.

Yerin then felt Minho stepped closer to her to whisper something. "He doesn't know we invited you."

"Because he might not come?", She asked but it came out like an accurate prediction. Minho scrunched his nose and nodded as a response to her. She just sighed and glanced at Jonghyun but her sight of him got blocked when she found Key, with Onew, standing in front of her.

"Don't mind that sulking dinosaur. Let's go.", Key said and pulled me with him.

"Let's eat. I'm starving.", Onew added as he wrapped his arms on her shoulders and led her to the kitchen. Soon, the rest followed with Jonghyun being the last, who rolled his eyes first before deciding to stand up.

 

 

--------

 

"HYUNG! Can you please eat your chicken slowly?", Taemin growled at Onew who is munching chicken one after another.

"Mind your own food Taem.", Onew glared at the maknae while still having a piece of chicken hanging from his mouth.

We all just chuckled at their little childish fight, except for one. Jonghyun just rolled his eyes like being irritated at every conversation he will hear around the dining table. The other boys just shrugs at his act and continue happily talking.

"Could you pass the kimchi?", Yerin asked, not specific to whom, but it is more likely to Jonghyun, sitting across her, because he is the one who is the closest at the plate of kimchi, exactly beside him.

Jonghyun stopped moving his hand holding the chopsticks and remained looking down at his plate. Yerin thought he would comply to her request and she just nervously waited on what he would do, as well as the other boys who stopped eating just to observe Jonghyun. But after a few seconds, he didn't even looked up at Yerin and just continued eating, completely ignoring her request. Yerin was left stoned at his action, it was like she was slapped on the face. Jonghyun never ignored her like this, even when they used to fight before, and this is very depressing.

Key cleared his throat and reached for the plate of kimchi and handed it to Yerin. "Here. Just don't mind this over reacting dude here."

She sighed and took the kimchi. She took another glance at Jonghyun and seeing him unaffected, she just get back to eating.

The dining table had become silent for a while, each of them is just observing Yerin and Jonghyun who seemed to have build a thick wall between them. Cold and dark auras were coming surrounding both of their bodies as they just remained very quiet. Then suddenly mumbles and murmurs can heard from the side where the four boys are seating.

"Ahm... I'd go for Jonghyun. 5000.", Onew mumbled.

"Now, I think it's noona. 5000, down.", Taemin mumbled too, giving secret glance to Jonghyun and Yerin.

"Ok. I'd go for Yerin this time. 5000 too.", Key whispered and squinted his eyes at the two that they were talking about.

Before Minho could even take his turn to talk, Onew did it ahead. "Wait. I'll change. I'll go with Yerin too."

"Tch...", the corner of Minho's lip curled up. "It would definitely be Jonghyun. ₩10000 down. I'll win this." he confidently said.

Both Yerin and Jonghyun got aware of their conversation and overheard it. They both looked at them with furrowed brows and confused expression.

"What the hell are you all betting about?", Jonghyun growled at them.

The four looked at each other and smiled. Taemin giggled and spoke. "The one who's going to look at the other first."

Jonghyun had a big frown on his face. "THE WHAT?!" he asked. But then, by involuntary manner and just wanting to see the other's reaction, he turned his head to Yerin, who just looked back down at her plate. Then he immediately retrieved his gaze after realizing his act.

"YEAHHH!", Minho suddenly rose up form his sit with his fist up high. "Money is all mine guys. I told yah, he can't help it."

"YAH! THAT'S A STUPID BET. JUST SHUT UP AND SIT.", Jonghyun yelled at Minho with wide eyes that is supposed to threaten him but Minho didn't care and sit down again.

"I won ₩15000. Thanks man.", he teased Jonghyun more.

Jonghyun glared at him even more then put down his chopsticks. "Everyone is just so annoying today. I'm done eating.", he stood up and proceeded to the living room, which is just across and can be seen from the dining room.

They all looked at each other, even Yerin when he left. Then everybody chuckled which made Yerin chuckle too even though she knows that Jonghyun really got ticked off.

After they finished eating lunch, they all stood up from the dining table. Yerin started to gather the used plates but Minho stopped her.

"Just leave it there Yerin. It's Sunday so the cleaners will arrive later. Leave it to them.", he said.

"No. It's okay. These are just a few dishes.", Yerin insisted.

"Yah, just leave it there."

"Minho, just let me."

"Tsk.", Minho shook his head in disagreement and stop Yerin's hands from grabbing the plate.

"Minho--", Yerin got cut off when Jonghyun suddenly passed then stopped in front of them for a while.

"Could you just stop arguing over something non sense?!", Jonghyun glared at the them before continuing to walk towards the refrigerator. He grabbed a bottled water and walked back again.

"Wow. Words of Wisdom from someone who is full of sense when it comes to arguing.", Minho said sarcastically, which Jonghyun just ignored. Minho completely grabbed the plated from Yerin and just placed it on the sink and she didn't argue anymore.

She just decided to take out from the refrigerator the cake that she brought for them to start eating it. She placed it on the dining table like metals attracted to a magnet, the boys came instantly, except for Jonghyun.

"You baked it noona, right?", Taemin asked with twinkling eyes while Yerin is placing a slice of cake on his plate. Yerin nodded as a response. Taemin's eyes twinkled even more, knowing that it would taste better than cakes from stores. They have always loved her pastries.

"Jonghyun come here. Yerin baked this.", Onew called out Jonghyun but he didn't out from the couch.

"I don't eat cake.", he simply said.

Onew looked at him like he was a weird person and just huffed. "Oh really? Since when?" he rolled his eyes and decided not to call Jonghyun anymore.

Yerin continued to serve cake slices to the boys. Taemin, after getting his second slice, skipped back to the living room with his cake then sat beside Jonghyun.

"Hyung, maybe you're on a diet. Too bad, noona's cake is really daebak, as always.", he said and happily shove in a piece of cake in his mouth.

Jonghyun turned to him, looked at him, then to the plate of cake he was holding. It was too tempting.

"All cakes are just the same. But you know...", he waited for the right timing. "...you shouldn't be eating a lot of this.", then he grabbed the plate from Taemin then immediately took shoved the a piece in his mouth.

"YAH HYUNG!", Taemin whined trying to take back his plate but Jonghyun is holding it away.

"Your contract in your agency is requiring you not to get fat so less sweets.", he used the fork to point at Taemin, making the boy whine more.

"So... you don't eat cake huh?", Key said and they're little fight for the cake got interrupted when the the boys and Yerin came. Jonghyun froze and looked up at them, which gave Taemin a chance to snatch back his dessert.

Onew made his way to sit on the couch. "Pride.", he said in between his coughs which made Jonghyun look away.

Yerin came near him and handed a plate of cake, while she have hers on her other hand. "Here."

Jonghyun looked through the corner of his eyes. He ignored her but Yerin didn't put down the plate and just waited for him to get it. Jonghyun made a quick glance to her, then to the cake. He huffed and finally took the plate without looking at her.

"I really don't feel like eating cake today but I feel out of place 'cause you're all eating.", he reasoned out.

Yerin just smiled at his childish reason. "As you say so."

"Out of place your ." the boys all mumbled while glaring at him.

 

 

---------------

 

The supposedly lunch get-together last long, until evening. They had fun talking to random things and also making fun of Jonghyun's anger. It is already dark outside when they have noticed the time.

"Kibum oppa...", Yerin softly called out to Key which is standing beside her car, waiting for her to start it.

"Why?"

"My car isn't starting. This was fine earlier.", Yerin tried turned the key again and tried to start the car but it still didn't work. She stepped out of the car and let Key try to start her car but ended up failing too.

"Just leave it there.", Key grabbed Yerin's hand and led him back to where the boys are standing.

"uhm. Why? Did you forgot something?", Minho asked.

Yerin was about to open to talk but Key did it ahead of her.

"Jonghyun", He called. "Drive her home."

Jognhyun's brow immediately raised upon hearing him. "She brought her car. Why will I have to drive her?"

Yerin tugged on Key's arm and mumbled for him that she's fine and she can ride a taxi home but Key just ignored her.

"Her car won't start. Duh? Do you think I'd ask you to drive her if she can use her car.", Key said in his diva tone.

Jonghyun glanced at Yerin, but immediately looked away then crossed his arms. "Why don't you drive her instead. Your closer to each other, anyway. You two even have secrets that you didn't even thought of telling me."

Yerin bit her lip, getting what Jonghyun means in his bitter sentence. She tugged on Key's arm once again only to be ignored for the second time.

"C'mmon you sulky dino. Drive her.", Key said.

"Why don't you?", Jonghyun countered, rolling his eyes.

Key crossed his arms over his chest too. "You drive her because your house is on the same direction as hers. Onew hyung will be driving Taemin home since he didn't bring his car. Minho is already in his house so it won't be practical if he'd be the one to drive her and my house is way way way far from her house. Do you want her to just take a bus or taxi this late at night? What if--"

"FINE!", Jonghyun yelled, giving up to Key's long enumeration of reasons. "Just shut up."

He walk ahead towards his car and quickly went in, without even bothering to say goodbye to the others. Yerin followed him with her eyes then looked back to Key.

"I could just take a--"

Key cut her. "Just go. He's waiting and growing impatient. Hurry.", he pointed to Jonghyun sitting in his car with a very big frown attached on his face.

Yerin sighed and bowed to all of them as she bid goodbye before following Jonghyun inside his car. As soon as she get in and buckled her seatbelt, without any word, he started the engine and drove away.

 

-----------

 

The ride seemed to become ten times longer than it normally is because of the silence inside the car. Jonghyun is just silently driving and became very stiff, without taking away his sight from the road. While Yerin, can't refrain himself from glancing at Jonghyun from time to time, wanting to talk to him.

She sighed, finally finding the courage to talk. "Jjong...", she called softly but Jonghyun didn't even moved an inch and still remained focused on the road.

"Jonghyun.", she called out again.

Finally Jonghyun gave him a quick look but more like he sullenly glanced at her. "I'm not talking to someone who gets tired of me."

Yerin open to say something but she just ended up biting her lip and looking down. She just let the whole ride became deadly silent since it seems like she can't talk to him right now.

The car went to a stop and it is then when Yerin realized that they arrived in front of her house. She unbuckled her seatbelt then looked at Jonghyun.

"Can you walk with me to the door?", She requested.

Jonghyun ignored her but when she said 'please', Jonghyun ended up rolling his eyes before getting off the car and walking ahead of her towards the door.

He stopped in front of the door and waited for her to reach the door and open it with her keys. When the door opened, Jonghyun turned around and was about to walk away but Yerin grabbed his hand tightly to stop him.

"Jonghyun, please let's talk. We won't be able to fix this if you'll continue to ignore me.", she said sadly as her grip on Jonghyun's hand tightened even more.

Jonghyun stayed still for a moment but when he decided to turn around and face Yerin, he was surprised to be attacked by her hug. He couldn't move for seconds and he just made himself feel Yerin's arms around his body.

"I'm really sorry. It is not my intention to hide it from you, believe me. It just happen that I really can't tell you earlier before you found it out yourself. And you know that what I said yesterday wasn't really what I meant. It didn't came out correctly from my mouth and I apologize for that.", she said in a crack voice, like having a lump on and holding on something not to break out in between her speech.

He's still in a daze but slowly recovering as his mind process Yerin's words. His hands are just held up, not sure whether he should give back the hug or just stay still and frozen. But then, he flinched when Yerin buried her face in his chest and her hug became tighter.

"I love you Jonghyun.", she mumbled beneath the cloth covering his chest.

He gave his mind a few more seconds to process everything before he decided to hold Yerin's shoulders to part her a bit away from his body and made her face him.

"You rest now.", he said.

"Not until you forgive me.", she pouted as her eyes curved down in sadness.

Jonghyun sighed. "I forgive you so you can rest now."

Yerin sniffed, holding her tears, as her eyes glowed. "Really? We're fine now. You're not mad anymore?"

Jonghyun looked away. "I already forgave you so you go in now before I take it back. I have to go home too."

Yerin smiled even though this is not the reconciliation she was expecting. This is way too simple, emotionless, but she won't complain anymore, the important thing is that he accepted her apology.

"Okay. Goognight. Take care.", she took a step back away from him.

Jonghyun just nodded and flashed a half smile before he head back to his car. Yerin just watched his car go away and she stood there longer after he left. She was sure things aren't totally fine yet. A cold reconciliation wasn't totally Jonghyun style but what can she do, she have to accept it since she knows she's the one who did wrong.

She looked down but when the cold night wind blew, she got snapped out of her thoughts and decided to went in her house.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ANNYEONG. GUYTH LEMME LET OUT MY FEELS FIRST.

AWWWW.MY.HEART. I cannot hold myself anymore. HAVE YOU SEEN SHINee's 'THE WIZARD' Concert? Omygash. JONGKEY's special stage is just so... so... sooo... EFFIN' SIZZLING HOT. JONGHYUN IS A FREAKING HOT TOPLESS SANTA CLAUS. AND OMG. HE'S RAPPING WITH KEY!!!! THEY'RE BURNING HOT. TT^TT huhu im goin creyyyyyy.

AND THEIR WIZARD OF OZ MOMENT HERE.

excuse me, and my spazz moment. sorry.

VOTE, SUBSCRIBE, LEAVE A COMMENT.