Just go.

Tied To A Dino (My SLY Fox SEQUEL)

Unfortunately, Jonghyun wasn't able to catch up with Yerin when she left with her car. The first place that he thought of going was their house so he drove all the way there, hoping he'd find her. His car was so fast that the usual 45 minute drive was cut down to just 15 minutes. He can't bare to not talk with Yerin any longer.

When he arrived at their house, it's quiet and no one is there. It is even locked. Yerin wasn't there and there's no sign that she had been there.

He grew worried, not only because it's taking long for him to be able to explain but also because she's driving around when her mind is certainly not in a good state at the moment. She could get hurt and he doesn't even know where to find her.

He unlocked the house with his key and got inside, hoping to get some idea where he has to go. Right when he got in the living room, the home telephone rang. He rushed to pick it up.

"Yoboseyo?"

"Jonghyun-ah.", he heard Sodam's voice from the other line. "I called to your office. Your secretary said you weren't there and you also lost your phone so I called here thinking maybe you're already home."

"Why did you call?", he asked, sounding weak.

"I'm gonna ask what time are you going to pick up Yuhan here. Yerin said— "

"She is there??", he cut his noona's sentence and reacted right away when he heard Yerin's name. Tiny hope began to build up in him.

"She was. She said you'll be picking up Yuhan because she won't be home yet, so I called you. She just left actually."

Jonghyun swept his hair to the back in a very stressed manner. The hope of finding her was immediately crushed.

He sighed deep. "Okay, I'll be there."

 

 

 

He got to Sodam's house after a while and Yuhan immediately ran to him when he saw him at the front door. They're leaving Yuhan sometimes in Sodam's house so that he can play with his cousins, and that was the case that day.

"Appa~", he called. Jonghyun bent down and kissed Yuhan's cheeks.

"Get your things baby. We're going home.", he told Yuhan, ruffling his hair. He forced to smile in front of the kid. Yuhan smiled too, nodded and ran to comply.

Sodam then approached him. When he looked at her, he realized that she still wasn't aware of what happened even if Yerin already went there. Maybe she didn't told her.

"Did Yerin told you where she's going?", Jonghyun asked her.

"No. She just went here, checked on Yuhan then said she had to go. Didn't you talk?"

He slightly pursed his lips as he breathed deep. Until then, he still can't figure out where to find Yerin so that he could explain right away.

Every second that would pass that he still hasn't talked to her, he can't feel at ease. The situation could get even worst if he can't explain himself to her. Plus there's a possibility that Meeyon still isn't satisfied with what she had done and might do more unpleasant things.

"How was she?", He asked to Sodam, feeling worried about Yerin's current state.

"What do you mean?", Sodam, not getting the situation, chuckled a little. But Jonghyun flashed a sad look on his eyes and her sister noticed that.

"Wait. Did something happen?", she asked worriedly.

He sighed. "Yes. She...", he hung his sentence but ended up biting his lips. He can't talk about it now. "W-we had misunderstandings... Sorry, I can't say more..."

Sodam looked at him with sympathy. His expression is enough for her to understand and feel how he is hurting inside. She lightly tapped his shoulder. "Yerin looked fine when she went here so I didn't suspect that something's wrong. Don't worry, you'll be able to settle this. Just talk."

That was when Yuhan came, with his things all stuffed in his backpack. Jonghyun took it from him then he scooped Yuhan up to carry him in his arms. They both bid goodbye to Sodam and his two cousins then left.

"Appa is umma home?", Yuhan asked while they're in the car, driving home.

He flashed a slight smile to Yuhan, but with sad eyes. "Not yet baby. Let's wait for her, okay?"

Yuhan nodded energetically then started telling random stories. Jonghyun could just nod as he listens to him as he cannot concentrate, thinking about Yerin.

 

 

_____________________________

 

 

"Where's umma?"

It was the nth time that night that Yuhan asked for his mother. They're in the living room, sitting on the sofa.

Yerin still hasn't come home and it's already quite late. They already had dinner and for Jonghyun, that was the loneliest meal he had since he got married. He doesn't even know if he cooked fine because he cannot taste anything, he felt sorry for Yuhan if he really didn't. He then wondered if Yerin already ate dinner.

He cupped Yuhan's cheeks and kissed his forehead. "It's already late. You can sleep now. Appa will wait for umma."

Yuhan shook his head. "No. Yuhannie can't sleep, need to say goodnight to umma."

"But it's already late. You have to sleep."

When Yuhan is about to voice out another protest, they both heard the front door open. They looked at each other, then Yuhan excitedly jumped out of the sofa and ran his way there. On the other hand Jonghyun, sighed in relief. He silently thanked God for bringing Yerin home safe.

 

"Ummaaaa~", Yuhan called loud as he ran to Yerin who just closed the door. Yerin's face brightened when she saw Yuhan. She scooted down with a smile.

"Hi baby.", she kissed Yuhan. "Why are you still awake. It's late."

"Waiting for umma.", Yuhan answered, hugging her neck while she's kneeling down to his level.

Jonghyun, who followed Yuhan, was just silently standing behind them and watching.

He felt relief that Yerin looked fine. She's smiling, she acts bright....

But he knows her well...

Behind that bright face, she was trying to conceal her sadness and pain. He can see straightly through her hurting eyes. Just like him, she doesn't want Yuhan to notice as he's too young to worry about those things.

"Yerin...", he called in his softest voice, almost like a whisper. His voice is faint but he's sure she heard it, as he saw her lips pursed, but she chose to ignore him.

"Umma's already here. Sleep now, please.", Yerin stood up from kneeling down the floor, taking Yuhan's hand and guiding him to walk to the stairs.

Jonghyun just silently followed them. She silently watched Yerin put Yuhan to his bed and kissed him goodnight. After her, he also kissed Yuhan goodnight and immediately trailed behind Yerin who's heading to their room.

"Yerin-ah...", he called softly again, hoping she'd look at him but she didn't and just continued entering the room.

Jonghyun just stood at the middle of the room, following Yerin with his eyes as she wanders around the room, putting her things on their respective places. He wished she would look at him, even for once, because he wants to see her face but she's not letting him to. He wished to be able to read what's in her mind but she always has only her back facing him.

Finally, Yerin settled sitting at the end bed, but still her back facing Jonghyun. She was bowing while she is digging something from her handbag that she used that day. Jonghyun just watched her with worried eyes. Moments later, after she found what she was looking for, still not facing his direction, she weakly threw something backwards, making it bounce on the bed and ended on the floor, in front of Jonghyun, with a loud thud. He saw that it was his phone. Then there was a long killing silence.

After a while, without caring whether his phone has been broken or not, he ignored it and went in front of Yerin. She was facing down so he had to kneel down in front of her to be able to see her face.

Jonghyun then kind of regretted wishing to see her face. He bit his lips hard as his heart sank when he saw the view of Yerin's drenched face. She's also biting her own lips hard to hold back her sobs and her eyes were both pooling and swollen.

"Yerin...", Jonghyun's hands attempted to wipe her tears, but Yerin jerked his hand away.

"No, don't touch me.", she tried to yell but her voice is broken with sobs. She stood up and stepped backwards, making distance between them.

"Let me explain."

". What's there to explain?", Yerin exploded. Pain and anger were mixed up in every tear that would roll on her cheeks.

Jonghyun tried coming closer but She keeps on backing away. "Listen to me, it's not what it is—"

"I know what I saw Jonghyun. I'm not dumb."

"Yerin if you just listen to me. Please...", Jonghyun looked at her begging, reaching out to touch her, even her hand.

"I said don't ing touch me!", Yerin yelled, harshly yanking his hand away from her.

Jonghyun got frozen on his spot for seconds. He was slightly frightened by Yerin's outburst. But a bigger part of him feels pain knowing that he is the reason why she's behaving that way, and all he wanted to do was to tame her... comfort her...

"Please listen. What you saw, she did it, I was against it. I was pushing her away... I would never want to kiss her, ever and you know that.", he explained in a very gentle voice.

"How do you expect me to believe you now when you lied to me?",she scowled at him, eyes squinting.

"Jonghyun, you lied to me, because of that . And that was what hurts the most. You hid the fact that you were seeing her. You know, it hurts me to think that without my knowledge, behind my back, the two of you were together and who knows for what reason. And knowing Meeyon, she's capable of doing things that would make you fall in her trap.", she tried to finish explaining clearly though tears won't still stop.

"I will never ever do that to you, whatever she does, it's useless. That doesn't have any effect on me."

"But why did you hide it?", she accusingly asked.

"I don't want to make you worry and hurt you.", his hands balled. He wanted to reach out again, he seriously wanted to hold Yerin, embrace her, comfort her...

"You did.", she said faintly, and the accusing look never left her face.

"You told me before that I don't have to worry or feel insecure because I'm Mrs. Kim You said I hold everything in you... Do really I?"

"Of course, Yerin, you do. My whole self and everything in me, it's all in your hands.", he crossed the distance between them with just a few big steps, and a tear escaped his eyes when he stood right in front of Yerin, when he was finally able to touch her as he cupped her face.

"Baby please, believe me. I'm so sorry if I did hurt you, but I swear it's all unintentional. The last thing I would want to do is to hurt you. Please, I'm sorry.", he said in tears. He looked straight in Yerin's dark eyes, hoping that he can send her his sincerity through that. He felt relief when Yerin looked backed straight in his eyes, and they were staring each other for quite long... until Yerin talked.

"I don't know anymore.", she broke the eye contact, looking down while removing Jonghyun's hands on her face, until his hands dropped back on his sides.

"Not now. Just please get out.", she talked in her softest, weakest voice.

Jonghyun didn't move, not wanting to obey her. He doesn't want to go anywhere far from her without having their problem fixed. But when Yerin looked at him with pained, begging eyes, he melted. It's like she's indirectly telling him that seeing him causes her pain so just go, and with that, Jonghyun cannot do anything but just leave.

With a heavy heart, he walked out of the room.

Jonghyun never entered that room again the whole night.