26: Health Issues?

Tied To A Dino (My SLY Fox SEQUEL)

[A/N: Do you remember the last chapter? Maybe you should take a look at it first because the interval was too long? Thank you, enjoy ^-^ ]

 

The living room got quiet after hours of seemed like endless chuckles and playful screams. Jonghyun felt a tap on his shoulder as his eyes were on the TV so he turned his head and found the reason of the silence. Yerin, who is sitting with him on the couch, has Minki lying his head on her lap with his eyes peacefully closed and his tiny mouth is slightly opened, maybe because of the exhaustion from playing for hours.

"I thought he won't ran out of energy.", Jonghyun chuckled as he looks at the boy fondly.

"I thought so too." Yerin chuckled as well. "Can you carry him upstairs so he can sleep comfortably?", she talked as soft as she can so she won't wake Minki.

"Sure.", Jonghyun then put down the remote, stood up and carefully took Minki from Yerin to carry him on their room upstairs.

 

When Jonghyun came back to the living room, Yerin wasn't there anymore. He turned the TV off to search for Yerin and found her standing by the opened glass door going to the backyard., looking outside. He quietly walked behind her then grabbed her hand and he heard her gasped as she flinched from shock.

He chuckled. "What are you doing here?", he stood beside her still holding her hand and joined her on viewing their lovely garden.

Instead of answering, she looked at him and smiled. "It feels good this way, isn't it? Having someone making such noise, loud hearty laughs and endless innocent but fun little stories."

Jonghyun just smiled at her as an answer. It was visible on her that she, indeed, feels good. Her smile shows it. He extended his arm on her shoulder and pulled her close to him, just standing side by side as they were looking outside, both silent as they were drawn to their own thoughts until Yerin talked.

"You know why I don't want to take a leave from work.", she said.

Jonghyun looked at her. "Why?".

"If I leave from work, I'll be staying here, alone because you're at your office. If I'm here alone, it'll be too quiet, not just quiet but empty too. I hate that. I hate to think that this house is missing an important piece. I wish we have someone like Minki here."

Jonghyun wasn't able to answer and just kept looking at Yerin. She was slightly smiling as she talks but her eyes weren't projecting the same. It was sad for him to see that, and also to hear what she said.

He sighed and wrapped his arms around her tightly. "Sorry I don't know that reason. I was thinking that you don't want to leave work because you have become too attached to it. Sorry, I should have known your feelings.", he apologized as he continuously caressed the back of her head.

"That's okay.", she looked up to him and grinned. "So, you won't force me to take a leave now?"

"Oh...", Jonghyun hesitated. "I'm wanting you to take a break because of your health..."

"But--"

"I can also take a short break from work so you won't be alone here and I can take care of you."

Yerin detached herself from Jonghyun's hold. "No you won't do that. You and I have big responsibilities on our own companies and we need to take care of our business too. I'm fine and I can continue my work."

Jonghyun stared straight onto Yerin's eyes, wanting to protest but after moments he ended up sighing. "Fine. I won't force you anymore but please promise me you'd be more careful on your health."

"I promise.", she even held her hand up as she smile at him very widely, then she tiptoed to give him a quick kiss on his lips. "I'd prepare snacks."

She said then turned around to head to the kitchen but she hadn't made a step yet, a sudden dizziness rushed inside her head that caused her to lost balance and she had to hold onto the glass door to prevent herself from falling down. Jonghyun was also fast enough to hold on her arm and support her.

"Hey, are you fine?", he worriedly asked, helping her to stand straight.

She needed to blink for a few times first before she can regain her sturdy balance. "Y-Yeah... I just got a little dizzy."

"Why? Are you sure you're fine?"

She smiled a little for assurance. "I'm fine. I guess I just got tired from playing with Minki. I better join him upstairs for a while."

Jonghyun was still worried but he cannot do anything but just watch Yerin make her way upstairs. She still looks pale in his sight so he promised he'd be more observant of her condition because he's very sure she would be ignoring those little sickness again or she won't be telling him.

 

 

--------------------------------

 

Thinking that Jonghyun was already outside, waiting for her in the car, she cautiously went to the medicine cabinet, opened it and searched for that medicine that the doctor prescribed for her nausea. Again she was feeling nauseous and it was worsening each day. These past days she the sick feeling lasts the whole day. Their business had started to get busy again and they're working double again so she maybe that was the reason.

"What's that?"

She almost spitted out the water she was drinking when Jonghyun suddenly appeared beside her. Before she can even hide the medicines, Jonghyun took hold of it and look closely at it.

"Why are you drinking these again? Are you not feeling well?", he looked at her with suspecting eyes.

"I'm just feeling dizzy again but I'm fine. This medicines are great.", she took the medicine foils from him and put it back to the cabinet.

"You've been dizzy for days, and you're really looking pale. I think need to visit the hospital."

"NO.", she voiced out her big protest. Since that day that they last visited the hospital and had been told about the false alarm, she had been scared of going back. Just hearing the word doctor and hospital makes her worry and scared. It had been like some sort of trauma.

"But you need to be checked. It might lead to something serious.", Jonghyun insisted.

She sighed. "This is just from work but I can manage."

He looked at her sharply. "I know I told you I won't be forcing you to leave your work but if it's causing you this, I guess you really need to stay at home."

"I said I can manage. I promised you I'll take care of myself, and I am. This is nothing, I promise you if I'm feeling something serious, I will be the one who would file me leave and I'll stay and rest at home.", she pleaded.

Jonghyun's eyes are still sharp, looking at her. "Yerin, I'm telling you, if something happened to you, you can never ever get back to working. remember that.

Yerin gulped hearing him call her by her name that came with a warning. When he calls her by her name, it means he is serious.

"Y-Yes, I'll remember that. Let's go now, we'll be late."

 

 

"I also see that you look pale these past days." Jisoo said looking at her as they were walking back to the office building.

The two of them went out for lunch, not with Key because he was the one who attended a meeting for her because she really wasn't feeling well and can't travel far. She decided to bond with Jisoo and she told her health problems and Jonghyun's reactions to it.

"Maybe because I lack of sleep or because I'm staying either just inside the house or our office and I'm not absorbing enough sunlight.", she concluded but she wasn't sure of it.

"Either way, it isn't good for your health. You know the doctor had told you to take care of your body."

"Can we please stop talking about the doctor or anything related? You're sounding like Jonghyun", she rolled her eyes.

"It's because we're both worried about you. You're abusing your body. There's nothing wrong on taking a break. You have Key to take care of the business.", Jisoo said.

"But he can't take all the responsibilities."

Jisoo rolled her eyes. "He can, believe me. Let him be busy and stressed so he won't be able to think of anything aside from the business and me."

Yerin laughed. "Gosh, that's so cheesy of you."

Jisoo just laughed along with her and they continued walking. Their nearing to their office room and she can already see the door but then, her vision suddenly got blurry so she had to stop walking.

"What's wrong?", she heard Jisoo asked but that didn't sink in her mind and she wasn't able to answer as she felt her head got heavy.

Then a black out followed.

 

 

 

 

When she gained her consciousness back, her eyelids are heavy as well as her head but she managed to open her eyes. She found herself lying on the couch inside her office with Jisoo and her secretary on her side.

"Oh my God. Thank God you're awake now.", Jisoo sighed in big relief, as well as her secretary.

"Why am I sleeping here?", she carefully seated because her head still hurts.

"You're not just sleeping. You fainted a while ago while we were walking. How are you feeling now?"

"Dizzy. My head hurts.", she replied shortly and weakly.

"I think we really have to go to the hospital now. You need to be checked."

"No. You know I don't like check ups now after what happened before. Don't worry I'm fine."

"Fine?!", Jisoo's brows furrowed and her hands went up to her waist. "You're telling me you're fine when you fainted? Just to let you know, fainting isn't something that indicated you're fine."

Jisoo turned to the secretary, "Contact Jonghyun for her."

Soojin nodded and was about to go out when Yerin stopped her.

"NO!", she said loudly.

"What 'no'? Jonghyun needs to know about this.", Jisoo said.

"Please no. Remember his warning this morning that I told you? He will be really mad if he finds out about this and he will force me to leave work forever.", she explained.

Jisoo sat beside her. "But we cannot jut let this pass."

"Please don't", she begged. "I'm gonna take a short leave so that I can rest at home. I just got really stressed these past days and after a break, I'll be fine again. Just please promise me not to tell Jonghyun about this."

Jisoo looked at her, hesitating if she should comply to her request or do what she think is right. But she can't say no to Yerin either so even if it's not what she wants to do, she nodded and promised her what she wanted to hear.

 

Jisoo helped her gather her things and walked her up to the parking lot. She wanted to drive her home but Yerin insisted that she can manage and she cannot do anything against it. She feels worried and uneasy on not letting Jonghyun know about Yerin fainting but she made a promise.

Key then appeared inside the office where she was waiting.

"Why are you still here?", he asked, giving her a kiss on her cheek.

"Have you and Yerin talked already?", she asked instead of answering his question.

"Yeah. She called me a while ago. She said she's not feeling well and she also said she'll be taking a break for a few days. Why are you asking?"

Jisoo gulped. She was feeling really uncomfortable. She remembered her promise to Yerin....

and realized she promised not to tell Jonghyun.... but not Key.

 

 

 

------------------------------

 

 

Jonghyun tried to leave from his office and get home as early as possible. He was furious after he had talked to Key and after finding out what happened that day. Yerin informed her that she was home early but she didn't tell him that she wasn't feeling fine or that she fainted.

He knew there was something wrong about her since he saw her drinking medicine. He was suspicious that she wasn't feeling fine but he believed when she said she can manage.

He's worried but also mad at the same time that Yerin didn't even let him know that very important thing that he need to know and that she even made Jisoo promised that she won't tell him, according to Key.

When he arrived home, it was quiet. He called for Yerin but there was no answer so he searched for her in the whole house until he lastly checked their bedroom and there she found Yerin sleeping. On the bedside table, he found a half finished glass of water and empty foils of medicine.

His anger all melted seeing her. He just sighed and walked to the bed and sat beside her. At least she looks well as she sleeps. He gently touched her forehead and felt relieved that she doesn't have a fever.

"We're gonna talk tomorrow when you wake up.", he said softly and bent down to lay a gentle kiss on her forehead then he tucked her in the blanket comfortably before leaving the room.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ANNYEONG! I'M BACK

Sorry for being away for too long. But now I'm really back because the semester is over and the break is quite long. I'tll try to write very often and finish the story before classes starts again so I won't leave the story hanging.

Please continue wrtiting.

saranghae~ <3