28: Baby Kim

Tied To A Dino (My SLY Fox SEQUEL)

When the taxi pulled out in front of the office building, Yerin smiled brightly at the driver, who was also smiling at her in the same manner, then she handed him a bill from her wallet.

"Be safe. Have a good day, Miss.", the driver ajjusshi told her when he opened the car door for her and helped her get out. She bowed her head to thank him before she went inside the building.

She was thankful that the driver ajjusshi was so kind and helpful that her short travel on the road hadn't been as hard as the other days, because of her current condition. She hadn't been bringing her car out with her often because these days, she had found even walking a bit uneasy because of the four-months-old baby bump on her tummy and it was new to her so the movements she's able to make were limited. But it's not that she's treating it something like a burden. Definitely not. She doesn't mind at all because it's her baby that causes these to her, and she enjoys every single thing that happens to her.

She's being greeted by staff in Jonghyun's office as she walks forward and she greets back with wide smile to all of them. All is bright until she stopped in front of Jonghyun's secretary's desk, that seemed to have a totally different atmosphere. The secretary and everyone who's at the nearby desk works in panic and seemed to be very tensed, all heads bowing down at papers on their desks.

"Hi Seri.", she greeted her. She saw Seri flinched as she didn't notice that she came but when Seri looked up to her and there was relief in her eyes and she looked at her like she's a world savior.

"Oh Ma'am good thing you came. We really need you here.", Seri held her hand as she breathes in relief but she can feel that she's still a bit tensed.

"Me?", she looked at her, puzzled. "Why? What's happening?"

"Oh please you need to calm Sir..", she looked up at her with pleading eyes.

Confusion grew more on her. She looked around and all the other staff were looking at her in the same manner, pleading. Like they're asking her to save them.

She nodded at them, though still unsure what exactly she has to do, and made her way to Jonghyun's office. She's having hints on what really is going on and she had it all confirmed when she's a few steps from the office door, hadn't touched the knob yet, she heard a roar from inside.

"Get out!"

The loud voice said and few seconds after, the door opened, letting out a girl, whom she recognized as one of Jonghyun's assistants, with tears threatening to fall from her eyes. The girl halted from walking when she saw her and did a quick polite bow before walking away.

She frowned then proceeded on entering Jonghyun's office. She found him there but he has his back towards her, looking outside the large glass window while talking on the phone. She just stood in front of his desk, waiting for him to finish. He seemed to not notice her presence.

By the way he's talking on the phone, she can tell the conversation isn't going well. He would occasionally run his fingers through his hair as sign of exasperation and his voice gets loud. She realized that it's the reason why all his staffs outside were tensed, their boss is being scary, again. He wasn't like this before, though he would have to correct his workers at times, but when she got pregnant, he had become a very-scary-control-freak-boss when needed. He wants everything well and perfect in his company. The reason? Yerin had asked him about this before and he said it was because he wants the company stable at all times, specially now that they'll be having another family member. They're not lacking financially but he wanted to secure their status to be able to give them everything.

Yerin smiled as she remembered him saying that. He's indeed a matured and responsible family head for thinking of that.

Jonghyun's conversation on the phone finally ended and Yerin saw how stiff and cold his face looked with a big frown on it when he turned to her direction. His eyes widened, shocked that he wasn't alone the whole time, but realizing things, within just a split second he visibly relaxed in front of her. The big frown melted into a big smile, his eyes smiled as well and his cold expression was replaced by a bright look and all that happened to him in just a snap, seeing his wife in front of him.

"Hey babe. How long have you been there?", he asked as he made her way to her then pulled her into a hug.

She looked up to him. "Long enough to witness the outburst of Mr. Bossy-Grumpy-Kim."

He rolled his eyes remembering the situation earlier but he smiled as he pulled her along with him to sit on his chair, Yerin on his lap.

"That poor girl you shouted at was about to cry, running out.", she told him, feeling pity for that assistant.

He just ignored her and started touching her tummy, with a goofy grin as he stares at the baby bump fondly.

"Hi, it's appa~", he said while massaging her tummy. "How have you been today Baby Kim?", he asked, as if the baby would really answer from inside. Yerin can't help smiling at his sweet act.

Jonghyun looked at her, remembering something. "By the way, why are you here? You're supposed to be resting today because you've been busy from work the whole week."

"I'm here to personally remind you about my check up later. The ultrasound, remember?", she tilted her head sidewards.

"I didn't forgot about it. I'm supposed to pick you up a little later.", he squinted his eyes on her. "Did you drive to here?"

'Oh no he's squinting his eyes'. Yerin was hesitant to answer. He doesn't like her driving on her own now nor commuting. It's either he'll drive for her, wherever she wants to go, or somebody else that he trust will drive, like the four boys. He has become very very very VERY protective because according to him, it's not just her now he's protecting, there are two of them.

"I rode a taxi.", she answered cautiously.

He frowned. "Why didn't you just wait for me? We agreed that I'll be picking you up."

"But...", she quickly thought of something that would distract him because it's tiring to argue with him about his protectiveness. "We're going to know Baby Kim's gender today~"

And she succeeded. Again, in just a snap, his expression changed. His eyes twinkled bright and his smile is about to rip his face. "Right, Baby Kim's gender."

He faced her tummy again and started massaging it gently. "Baby, appa's so excited. What would you be?", he then faced Yerin. "I prefer a girl."

Yerin rolled her eyes. "I know. You have mentioned it to me for like a hundred times already."

Jonghyun just laughed then his eyes softened as he stared at her. He tucked some strands of her hair behind her ear, looking at her dreamily and fondly. "Wouldn't it be nice to have a little version of you. I want her to look like you and it will be like there's a little Yerin running around the house."

She smiled and planted a quick kiss on Jonghyun's lips. "Wouldn't a little Jonghyun be nicer?"

But then a humorous grin spread on her face. "Little Jonghyun. Can't imagine you being smaller than you are.", she bit her lips, trying to suppress a loud laugh from coming out.

Jonghyun frowned, he's being bullied by her wife again. "Okay, enough."

Yerin cutely made a peace sign and winked at him.

"Because I love you so much, I'm accepting all the bullying from you.", he held her and they stood up together. "Now let's go and meet your doctor."

 

 

---------------------

Yerin was sitting on the ultrasound table with Jonghyun on her side, sitting on the stool beside the bed and holding her hand tightly as they wait for her doctor to come in.

Jonghyun's hold on her Yerin's hand tightens and tightens and seconds passed by and she noticed it. She turned to look and found him staring at the ultrasound machine, though nothing can be seen there yet.

"Are you nervous?", she asked him.

He looked at her, blinking and he nodded with an unease expression.

She smiled with amusement. "Why? I'm not giving birth yet."

"I don't know either. I feel this every time you're having your check up. It's not just nervousness, there's more. Excitement, anticipation, happiness, worry... I do feel it all."

She smiled at him and his cheek with the hand he wasn't holding, to somehow calm him. Then the door opened and a middle aged woman dressed in all white came in. It was the same doctor that told Yerin about the false alarm and she used to hate the doctor a little but now, she's more than glad to meet her every month of her pregnancy.

"Hi. How are you Mrs. Kim?", she asked Yerin nicely as she settled down on her chair in front of the apparatus.

"I'm all fine, Dr. Lee."

"How's your 4th month. Having any problem?" Dr. Lee asked again.

"None so far."

"I am.", Jonghyun butted in. Both Yerin and Dr. Lee looked at him, surprised.

"Yes, Mr. Kim? What's the problem you're having?", Dr. Lee asked him, chuckling.

"Her pregnancy makes her extremely moody, and I am being abused.", Jonghyun flashed a pained expression. Dr. Lee laughed at his answer but Yerin raised an eyebrow at him.

"Abused, huh?", she leered at him then squeezed his hand that was holding hers very tight. Jonghyun didn't know how it is possible for her to be able to squeeze so hard that made him yelp.

"See?", he looked at Dr. Lee with puppy eyes while pointing to his hand that was being squeezed.

Dr. Lee, who seemed to be very entertained by them, laughed heartily. "I'm sorry but I can't do anything about that problem. Just endure it for five more months."

 

The check up started and Yerin laid on the bed, still with Jonghyun holding her hand, sitting beside her. They proceeded with the ultrasound and moments later, the monitor was showing familiar images that they have already seen before, but with some changes this time. It has become clearer and with more details. Along with it, they can hear a sound, a faint heartbeat and it was a sweet music for them to listen.

Jonghyun was staring at the monitor with slightly opened mouth. Yerin wanted to laugh at him because every time they'd be facing that monitor, it's always his reaction. It seemed like that black and white image never fails to amuse him. Of course it amuses her too, but Jonghyun is being far more obvious.

"My baby's growing...", he said softly, still with amusement.

"Of course, Mr. Kim.", the doctor almost wanted to roll her eyes on him, but she chuckles. "Now do you want to know whether it's a boy or a girl?"

Both of them nodded simultaneously, growing excited. Dr. Lee smiled and moved the instrument she was holding over Yerin's tummy. They waited... until the a wider smile flashed on the doctors face.

 

"Congratulations, you'll be having a boy!", she announced.

There was a few moment of silence after the announcement, the couple is still sipping in the news they got. Until finally, smiles spread on their faces.

"Perfect. A baby boy.", he mumbled, staring at the monitor and his hold on Yerin's hand tightens.

"I remember you said you wanted a girl?", Yerin asked.

"Did I? Can't remember...", he answered nonchalantly, not taking his eyes away from the image of his baby, staring at it dreamily and still full of amusement.

Yerin laughed at him. It amazes her how the black and white image on the monitor and a faint sound of a heartbeat can drag Jonghyun out from the real world, to his own dreamland. 'Baby Kim, you should see how your appa looks so happy. Umma's happy too.'

After the check up they headed out of the clinic, with Jonghyun assisting Yerin as she walks, still holding her hand. Yerin wondered how long have this man been holding his hand or had he even let go, yet?

Jonghyun opened the car door for her and let her in, and her hand felt empty when he has to let go of it, closing the door and going to the driver's seat.

"Are you going back to your office?", she asked.

He smiled at her while strapping the seatbelt on her. "No. I'll be staying with you.", then after, he stopped his face close to hers. "Do you want me to go back?"

"No.", she mumbled.

"Good. I don't want either.", he winked and gave her a quick kiss before sitting straight and starting the car.

 

 

-------------------------

 

Jonghyun sat on their bed as he watch Yerin staring at herself on the full length mirror and she was standing there for minutes already. She looks bothered but he can't totally read what was on her mind so he decided to stand up and go to her.

"What's the matter?", he wrapped his arms gently around her from the back as they stand in front of the mirror. He saw her reflection pouting.

"Am I getting fat?", she asked with troubled expression.

He chuckled softly at her question and sighed. "Not that much. That's just because you're pregnant."

Yerin stills. Slowly her eyes landed on his through the mirror. Her look on him him became sharper and right then he knew he answered wrong.

"So you mean I'm really getting fat?", she detached his arm from her and faced him.

Jonghyun opened his mouth but failed to answer. He's too afraid to say more, worried that he might give a wrong answer again. Well actually, he doesn't know anymore what really is the correct answer. The last time she asked him that, he said that she's not getting fat, and he was accused of lying to him. He has no escape from this question.

"Why won't you talk!", her voice got louder.

He sighed. "Babe, that's not what I mean. You're not fat, okay? You're healthy. We don't want you skinny, do we?

"But you like skinny.", she said in a sulking tone but with hint of anger.

"No. I like your body type."

"Before I get fat?"

"Yes--I mean no-- I mean...", he bit his lips and closed his eyes tight, his words are failing him because being interrogated by her like this makes him nervous. When he opened his eyes again, he stills when he saw Yerin's eyes blazing towards him.

"I hate you.", she said through gritted teeth then she turned her back on him, walking towards the bed.

Feeling alarmed, he followed her. "Babe, don't be mad."

She faced him. "I AM MAD. Don't talk to me. I said I hate you."

"Hey...", he tried grabbing her hand but she swayed it away.

"I'm so mad, I don't want to see you so get out.", she shouted.

He attempted to talk but was stopped when Yerin shouted 'out' again. Though he doesn't want to leave the room knowing that she's mad, he can't do anything but just sigh and walk to the door. When he was out, Yerin slammed the door closed.

"Baby whatever I said wrong, I'm sorry.", he talked loud behind the closed door as he knocks.

There was no response from inside but he still waited, seconds later, the knob turned and he was relieved when the door opened, but only for his face to be welcomed by a pillow being thrown on him. It fell on the floor when the door slammed closed again.

He blinked, looking at the door and at the fallen pillow. After processing the events, he slowly picked up the pillow with a deep, sad sigh. 'I'm out again.'

He went downstairs, on the living room and smiled sadly at the couch. 'Hi couch. You'll be my sleeping buddy again.'. He sat there. It's not so long ago when he last slept there. Actually, it was most likely that a month won't pass without him being on the couch for the whole night, and it was because of various reason: Yerin doesn't like her smell, Yerin is pissed at him for an unknown reason, Yerin finds him irritating still with an unknown reason, he might have said something wrong which he doesn't know exactly what, or most of the times, she just wants him out, without any reason at all. It's Yerin being moody that she was mentioning to Dr. Lee earlier.

He smiled, thinking at how random Yerin can be. Even how many nights he'd be sleeping outside the room, or even how much she bullies him, as long as it pleases her, it's fine with him. It's for her and for their precious baby.

 

He wasn't able to sleep right away so he decided to turn the TV on and play a movie. He supposed to watch just a movie but he ended having a marathon and it's getting late. The credits of the third movie he watched is flashing on the screen when he saw something on the corner of his eye. At the living room entrance, Yerin is standing, half of her body behind the wall and half peeking out.

"Why are you there?", he asked but Yerin didn't answered, just looking warily at him.

He flashed a gentle smile, to assure her that he's not mad. "Haven't you slept yet?"

She shook her head slowly. "I can't. I'm alone.", she talked softly and still wary.

Jonghyun chuckled and stretched his arms out, inviting her to come. Yerin blinked at him and with puppy eyes, that's rarely seen on her, she run to his arms and seated on his lap.

"Aren't you mad at me anymore?", he asked, wrapping her in his arms.

She buried her face on her chest. "I wasn't really mad. I was upset."

"Sorry for upsetting you. You just didn't understand what I want to say earlier. You don't look fat, you're not skinny either. You look healthy and that what I like the most. We don't want you too thin because you're pregnant. Do you understand that now?", he kissed her hair and Yerin nodded.

"Can we sleep now?", he asked her again.

Still with her face buried on his chest, she shook her head. "Don't want yet. I'm hungry."

Jonghyun laughed. "Hungry? At this hour?", he glanced at the wall clock and found out that it's 2 in the morning.

She looked up to him. "I want fries."

"Fries at this hour?", he asked in amusement. She'd been very fond of fries since her food craving brought by pregnancy started and knowing her too well, she can't sleep without having what she wants but... 'Where to find fries at this hour?'

 

 

Yerin was humming happily behind the kitchen counter as she watches Jonghyun, on the other side of the counter, place the fries he cooked for her in a bowl.

He recalled his efforts for having those fries. Past two o'clock in the morning, he's out searching for a place to buy fries. Good things there's this 24 hours convenience store that has ready to cook fries. It spent a lot of effort but it's all worth it, seeing how happy Yerin is, in front of him.

"Here.", he placed the bowl of fries in front of her and went to sit beside her on the stools by the counter.

Yerin opened in delight and started shoving her precious fried potatoes in . She beamed happily at Jonghyun, eyes almost gone with the smile and the sight melted his heart. He took fries on his fingers and feed her some more.

"I'm really glad you're eating well but I don't think you should get used to eating at this hour, and your choices of food isn't really healthy."

"And I might get really fat?", she stopped from eating.

He felt alarmed again. "No, no, that's not what I mean. I said I just want you healthy. And please take in mind that even if you get as big as--"

Yerin held his hand up in front of him to cut him. "Don't dare continue.", she pouted. "It's not my choice, it's Baby Kim's. He's getting hungry often."

Jonghyun chuckled then unexpectedly crouched down so that his face in on the level of Yerin's tummy.

"Hey there baby boy...", he talked, with his face really close to her tummy. "I understand that you want to be healthy and we want that too but don't get too big inside there, arasseo? We don't want to give umma a hard time letting you out, do we?"

Yerin laughed at how he talks to their baby. He really enjoys talking to him, his baby boy. Baby Kim is really lucky to have this sweet man as his father.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ANNYEONG~

Is chapter 28 okay now? I was getting comments that they can't see the chapter. I really don't know what happened.

Oh well, Baby Kim is a boy :) Hope you continue reading and enjoy :)

Kamsahamnida. COMMENT, VOTE, SUBSCRIBE :) <3