24: Just When They Found Out...

Tied To A Dino (My SLY Fox SEQUEL)

[Early Author's Begging: Guys don't kill me]

------------------

"Wait.", Yerin held her palm up as she breathes to fix the rhythm of her heartbeat, as it was going too fast.

"Did you just say I might be pregnant? ME?", she asked for assurance. Who knows, she might just being fooled by her own ear and her frustrations about having a baby.

The two woman she was talking to rolled their eyes. Sodam shook her head. "You have lived your whole life without knowing these signs? Aigooo. This girl."

She held her forehead, restricting herself from slapping her own face. It's not that she's totally clueless about those 'pregnancy signs'. Of course she knows a little, at least. But those were just heard from other's experiences, how would she know if that is really it. The signs can sometimes be considered normal: headache, vomiting and stuff. The thing she's just really wrong is that she wasn't able to connect all of those for her to find out her current condition.

"Eottokhae?", she uttered suddenly. She's still a bit in a daze.

"Eh? What 'eottokhae'?", Hyejin asked looking at Yerin in disbelief. She currently want to shake her so she'd come back to her senses and think straight.

"Am I really pregnant? As in? What should I do next?"

The two looked at her and she looks really clueless so Sodam took the initiative to guide her.

"The first thing to do is....", Sodam reached for Yerin's phone placed on the center table and handed it to her. "Call your husband."

"Then go see a doctor together.", Hyejin added.

Yerin took the phone from Sodam and she looks at it like it was a thing that she just saw for the first time.

"Umma what are you talking about?", Minki suddenly butted in.

Hyejin leaned forward to face her son and touch his cheek lovingly. "Sweetie, we think Aunt Yerin will become an umma too, soon."

"Jinjja? Another dongsaeng cousin for me~", Minki's eyes lit up while jumping up and down and clapping. Subin, though clueless of what makes her oppa happy, also clapped with her.

On the other hand, after getting a grip of her right mind, Yerin managed to open her phone and slowly, with nervousness and excitement, she dialed Jonghyun's number.

 

 

---------------------

 

"Hyung, you know, you kind of visited me here in my office on a wrong timing. I'm quite busy today.", Jonghyun told Onew who was sitting on the chair in front of his desk.

Sometimes he envies how Onew can be not busy though he owns chains of restaurant. 'Shall I switch to food business too?', he thought but immediately shook the idea away, it's just not his style.

"I don't know but today is really boring for me. Everyone is occupied today. How about Yerin, is she busy?", Onew asked.

"No. She's just at home, resting. These past days she's not feeling well, maybe because she's stressing herself from work too much."

"I think I better visit her today. How is she?", Onew asked again.

"This morning she's a bit dizzy but she said she's fine. I'm feeling worried because she gets dizzy often, sometimes she vomits."

Onew's eyebrow raised. Those words caught his attention and he was left thinking deeply about it and Jonghyun didn't notice it as he was busy signing papers. He rubs his chin as he do some realization.

"Oh...", Onew uttered so Jonghyun looked up to him. "Dizziness...vomiting... don't you think Yerin is--"

Onew's words were interrupted by a sudden loud ringing of Jonghyun's phone. He is curious on what Onew is about to say but he has to answer the call, as he saw the caller registered on his phone is Yerin. He excused himself from the conversation for a while to answer.

"Ne Yerinnie, why call suddenly? Is there a problem?"

"J-Jjong...", Yerin called out.

It brought Jonghyun nervousness as she sounded different. "Yes? Is there a problem?"

"If it's possible... can you..uhh... go home a bit earlier today? If it won't interfere much on your schedule today.", she said instead of answering him.

"Why? Yah! You're making me nervous!"

"Just come home early. Let's talk when you get here.", Yerin said then hang up, without even waiting for Jonghyun's response.

That made him worry more. He looked at his phone to check the time and it's just lunch time. He remembers he has appointments later that day but he doesn't care anymore, his wife is his priority above all.

"Hyung let's just talk later. I just need to be home now. Bye.", and with a blink of an eye, he was gone from Onew's sight.

Onew blinked his eyes a few times as he look at the door where Jonghyun went out.

"I was gonna say I think his wife is pregnant....", he mumbled.

 

-----------

 

Yerin jumped on her seat on the couch when the door of their house was opened harshly and a loud sound was created. Then a loud familiar voice immediately echoed all over the house.

"YERIN-AH!", Jonghyun called out and he came to the living room, rushing, where Yerin is waiting for him.

She must admit she was impressed by his husband. She knows that he will definitely be coming but not as fast as this. It was like his office was just blocks away from their house but it is actually not.

"Is there something wrong, huh? Tell me.", Jonghyun quickly attended to her and made her stand up from the couch. Worry is written all over his face.

"You need to calm down first. I'm telling you, you need it.", Yerin held her husband's shoulder so he would stand still. He listened, stood still and cleared his mind until he's all calm.

"Calm now?", Yerin asked and Jonghyun nodded. She breathed in and out before starting. "...Okay so... I asked you to go home early because you need to accompany me."

"Where?", he asked.

"Hospital. To see a doctor."

"EH?! DOCTOR? WHY? I KNEW IT THERE'S SOMETHING WRONG!", Jonghyun freaked out again so Yerin had to palm both sides of his face and make him steady again, just looking on her face.

"Listen...", she started talking softly. "We need to see a doctor not because I'm sick or something of that sort."

"Then why?", he asked with the same gentle voice she did.

There was a long pause between them, eyes are just connected with each other, before Yerin managed to talk. "Baby.... Sodam unni said I might be.... I might be pregnant...", she said in a more gentle voice but this time it sounded like she was about to tear up.

At the look of their current scene, one might think it is a still photo as they were both frozen, Yerin waiting for Jonghyun's reaction, while Jonghyun is in a daze.

"Y-You sure?", that was what all that came out from him. He still cannot move nor take away his eyes from hers.

Yerin flashed a smile. "Not yet, that's why we're going to the hospital."

Afterwards, a smile is slowly breaking out of Jonghyun's face and it ended up as a very wide one. He immediately pulled Yerin closer to him and engulfed her with his arms. He kissed her forehead and the top of her head.

"I'm so happy...", he whispered.

"I am too. But we really need to confirm it first. Are we going to make it wait?", Yerin chuckled.

"Of course not.", Jonghyun planted one last smoochy kiss on her lips before he pulled her out of the house and to his car.

 

 

 

 

Another message arrived on Yerin's phone. On her count, it was.... okay she lost the count. She can't remember as it was just one out of the countless message she received that afternoon. Those were congratulatory messages and asking of update from the four boys, from Sodam, Hyejin, Donghae and more. She doesn't even know how the others found out when they, themselves, haven't even confirmed it yet.

"Aigoo. News really do spread quick.", Yerin showed Jonghyun the text messages as they sat outside the doctor's office, waiting for their name to be called for the results.

"I'm sure it's all leaded by Sodam noona. You know, she tends to be a bit too excited more than the one who should be.", he chuckled then gave a peck on her cheek.

That was when a nurse came out of the door and smiled at them. "You can go in now. The results are here."

Jonghyun took Yerin's hand and held it tight as they stood up from the chair with a very deep breath. For some reason, they're both nervous but they think it's normal. They believe it's just because of too much excitement.

They already entered the room and found the doctor seating on her place. She motioned them to seat at the chair in front of the desk and so they did.

"Okay. To start let me ask you, are you working or being really tired and stressed lately?", the doctor asked directly to Yerin.

To which she nodded. "Yes. I am working and these past weeks I really got busy."

"I see...". The doctor nodded. "Well, we conducted tests and the results actually....... is negative. Meaning you are not pregnant."

It was Yerin who held on tight on Jonghyun's hand. The smile that she has slowly faded hearing the result directly from the doctor.

"H-How can it be?... How about the dizziness?", she asked, trying her best to build up that happiness that is slowly falling apart inside her.

"Sorry but it's a false alarm. What you are feeling lately is nausea. Yes it is a sign of being pregnant but it is also a sickness. That is why I asked you if you're being stressed lately and you said yes. You're body is experiencing too much stress lately that is why you developed nausea. You might not be receiving proper nutrition."

Yerin still cannot give it up. "How about my period? I-It's delayed."

"That can be one strong sign but normally, there really are cases like that. Since you are too stressed, your body may have not worked properly. I assume you lack on sleep.", the doctor said.

Yerin didn't talk anymore, she doesn't want to say anymore because she knows it might just give her more heartbreaks if she hears more explanation. She looked down expressionless and became quiet.

Jonghyun gently squeezed her hand to comfort her. He knows she won't be able to carry on with the conversation anymore so he took over.

"Is she sick?", he asked.

The doctor showed a smile to lessen his worry. "No she's not. The nausea isn't really serious, it's just brought by stress, even her irregular period. I advice her to rest a lot and eat properly so she can get enough nutrients her body needs. I'm also going to prescribe a few medicine to help her."

He nodded, taking all what she said. "W-what about having a baby? It's possible right? I mean... we don't have problem on our body...do we?

The doctor smiled again. "Based on the tests, you're both healthy on that category. You have nothing to worry. It really just takes time."

 

The talk was over and Jonghyun thanked the doctor, in behalf of Yerin who is still wordless even after they got out of the hospital. He was driving while Yerin is just unconsciously biting her nails while looking outside the window, her mind looks really occupied. He understands how he feels, because even he, himself, feels really disappointed on what the results said. They were both very happy and excited like they were floating but suddenly gravity pulled them back and landed hard on the ground. He just had to be or, at least, look stronger now because Yerin probably needs someone to hold onto.

He decided to turn to the side and stop the car for a while and Yerin doesn't seem to notice it. He sighed and reached for Yerin's hand and she flinched out of shock from the sudden touch that made her snap out of her trance.

"Are you okay?", he asked her, massaging her hand.

Yerin looked at him straight in the eyes but she has no emotion at all. Then she sighed and looked at the window again. "Just drive so we could go home.", she mumbled loud enough for Jonghyun to hear.

"Hey don't think about it too much.... The doctor said we're both healthy and--"

"I said just drive.", she cut him off with a short intense glare then she looked outside again.

He thought the best way to calm her is to let her be in peace and silence for a while until she calms down so he decided not to talk anymore and drove fast but safe for the to get home as soon as possible.

 

 

----------------

 

 

"Are you done already", Jonghyun looked up at Yerin as she stood up from her chair, away from the table. She just nodded as a response and started walking out of the dining area.

Jonghyun looked at the plate she left. She didn't even finish half of what he placed on her plate.

"Yerin you should eat more.", he talked louder because Yerin have already walked far from him.

"I'm full.", she bluntly answered before she completely disappeared in his sight.

He was about to stand up to follow her to make her eat more because that is what the doctor told her but knowing Yerin and on her current state, she won't do something she said she won't do and that'd be final.

He just continued eating and noted that he'd save food just in case she'll feel hungry later that night.

The time went on, he finished his dinner, did all the dishes and cleaned up. After, he found Yerin in the living room, watching TV. He looked at clock and it still wasn't late but Yerin has to get enough rest so he called her.

"Yerin, c'mon we better sleep now. You have to rest.", he told her but there wasn't any response. He walked to her and tried to pull her up from the couch but she refused to stand.

"I'm still watching.", a short blunt answer followed by a warning look.

"If you want to watch, you can do it in our room. Let's go.", he tried to pull her up again but Yerin shook his hands off and she glared at him.

"Can you please just let me be in peace and just do what I want?!", she stood up and shouted.

Jonghyun just sighed and looked at her calmly. It will never bring something good if he'll treat her the same as she treats him. Patience is the key.

"I'm asking you please take a rest now? The doctor said--"

"Can't you freaking just shut up about the doctor and everything she said?!", Yerin bursted and because she's so frustrated and she can't let it out, she just threw the TV remote but to the soft couch cushion so it wouldn't make any damage.

"Yerin you have to listen to her. You have to take care of your own body."

She clenched her fist and Jonghyun saw it. "Okay I didn't take care of myself. It's all my fault, happy now?"

Jonghyun just looked at her waiting for her next act. She just rolled her eyes and glared at him then she walked past him, up to the stairs, heading to their room.

He sighed and felt a bit relieved that there isn't any bigger fuss that happened. He just took the TV remote to turn the TV off then walked to follow his wife.

Just as he thought it was the end of the night, Yerin came out of the room carrying a pillow from their room then she stopped at the highest level of the stairs.

"I'll be resting... so you go find somewhere else to sleep on. I don't want to see you.", she said then threw the pillow down and it landed on the floor.

Jonghyun looked at the pillow then looked up to Yerin who is at the second floor, then back to the pillow. He's trying to figure out what she could mean on what she said.

He looked up at her again. "Wae? Where am I going to sleep?"

"I don't even care where!", she shouted. The next thing, the loud thud from their bedroom door being closed violently was heard and Yerin is already out of his sight.

After realizing what just happened, he finally moved to pick up the pillow she threw down and walked back to the living room. He sat on the couch. 'I never thought stories about husbands sleeping on the couch are real. I guess this is it.'

The whole house became so quiet as the night gets deeper. He glanced at the wall clock on their living room as he lies on the long couch and he found out that it's already past midnight. It's really late but he cannot sleep, not just because it's uncomfortable and really cold there as he doesn't have a blanket with him, but also because he really feels worried about Yerin.

He is hurt and disappointed as well about the false alarmbecause he really anticipated for the baby that they thought would be coming soon. But now isn't the time for him to do something about his feelings because there's Yerin who definitely became hurt more than he was, also he has to lead on taking care of her health.

He can't stay still, thinking that Yerin might be feeling hungry because she didn't eat properly that dinner, or maybe she's not feeling well or if she's having a hard time being alone in their room so he decided to stand up and with all his courage, he decided to go to their room even if his wife is hell mad at him.

He breathed first before holding on to the doorknob but it twisted easily. She didn't lock it. He thought he would need to open it using the house's master key. 'Why didn't I think of entering earlier?'.

He entered and was welcomed by the dim lights from the lampshade and a very quiet atmosphere. Yerin is there on the bed, lying sidewards with her back facing his direction. He was relieved that she looks peaceful. He carefully closed the door and walked to the bed, afraid of making any noise.

Jonghyun looked at Yerin as he joined him on the bed, she was motionless so he assumed she's already asleep.

"Did I tell you to come in?"

Jonghyun felt a mini heart attack when Yerin suddenly talked but she still had her back facing him. "You're awake?", he asked then bent over her body so that he could take a look at her face. He saw her having her eyes wide opened as if she still haven't slept. But then it made him panic when he saw a tear came out of the corner of her eye and rolled down across her sad face.

"Gosh. Are you crying?", he flipped her body and made her face him. He placed her under him as he support his own body with his elbows, so that she can't get away even if she tries.

Feeling that she can do nothing to escape Jonghyun, the tears that were falling one by one earlier ended up streaming down continuously. She gave up her tough image as she knows she can be as vulnerable as she can be because she is under her husbands care.

"I'm sorry...", she said in between the sobs coming out of her.

Jonghyun wiped the tears from her face and repeatedly kissed his cheek to calm her. "Why are you apologizing? You didn't do anything wrong, baby."

"But I gave you and everyone false hopes, I should be the one who knows better. I'm such an idiot for not knowing anything about my own body."

He tried to hush her from crying but it did nothing. He can't do anything but just hug her, let her cry it all out and make her feel that nothing is her fault. They weren't talking until the sobs had slightly died down, though not completely stopped.

Yerin suddenly talked with a weak voice. "Maybe sometimes you wish that Minki should just have become your real son then."

"Yah.", he scolded her with a sharp stare. "I wasn't thinking about that. I won't want to have a child if it doesn't have you as its mother. Stop saying nor even think about that."

"I'm sorry I can't--"

He made her shut up by claiming her lips so she wouldn't say such things anymore. It just pains him to hear it from her.

"Enough okay?", he told her when he freed her lips. "Nothing is your fault so don't ever say sorry. I have said this countless times but I'm going to repeat it for you to remember: I'm not rushing, and no one is. Are you not happy with just me in your life for the mean time?"

"Happy.", she answered with a sob like a child.

He smiled and leaned down to plant a short kiss on her lips. "Then enjoy it. You have me and you can take me in any way you want." he smirked. "You can even take advantage of me... and I won't mind."

Yerin managed to chuckle over his husbands silliness. Jonghyun felt a big relief and a certain kind of happiness and satisfaction inside him to see that precious smile on her face again.

"Let's not hurry okay? We're gonna have it soon. I'm sure of it.", he placed his forehead on top of hers, letting their noses touch.

"How about those who believed I was pregnant?", she asked whispering just centimeters away from his face.

"You don't have to mind them. They concluded it themselves, you haven't confirmed anything yet."

He rolled and landed beside him but took her body so she'd still be trapped inside his hold, so close to his body. "As much as I wanted give it a try tonight, I hate it that I cannot because it's late and you have to rest. Go sleep now."

Yerin huffed and looked up to his face. "Tch. It wouldn't hurt to stay up for at least an hour more."

Jonghyun haven't even completely realized what Yerin really meant when she suddenly grabbed the back of his neck and made their lips crash together.

It's his weakness when it's Yerin who is taking the initiative. He loves the feeling of her 'taking advantage of him' in some ways. So then, he smirked as he kissed her back.

'Yeah an hour won't hurt... or even another hour...'

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Okay so for those who are currently reaching for a knife or those who are devising violent plans for me, MIANHAE. 

Have you been trolled? I'm sorry, I'll make it up to you, and things will be better. *rainbows*

Thank you for reading. I LOVE HEARING THINGS FROM YOU. <3