4: Guilty

Tied To A Dino (My SLY Fox SEQUEL)

 

Sun is already up outside but Yerin is still in the midst of enjoying her sleep, unaware of her surrounding nor the time. Yes, it is still early... for others who doesn't have work to attend to, but not for her who has to go out and do her daily stuffs because it is NOT weekend already.

“YERIN-AH!”, banging and loud calls from her door was heard that made her sat up automatically on her bed.

“Yah! Jin Yerin! You know what time is it? Open the door!”, Jonghyun yelled again while giving hard knocks to Yerin's bedroom door. He hated it that she gave him a duplicate key to her house but not to her room.

Yerin rubbed her eyes but when the word 'time' sunk in her mind, she froze then slowly looked at the clock beside her bed, only to end up facepalming herself after seeing the time. She silently cursed before hurriedly standing up to open the door as the banging and yelling keeps getting louder.

“Do you know what time is it? Aren't you going to work?”, Jonghyun nagged with his hands on both sides of his waist as soon as the door has been opened.

“Oh my god. Sorry, I forgot to set my alarm clock last night.”, she said in panic. She looked here, looked there, walked here and there, not knowing what to do first. Of all days, why is it that she has to wake up late when she has a photoshoot to attend to?

Jonghyun scratched his head, looking at the panicking Yerin. He chuckled silently and pushed her to the bathroom.

“Aish. If I didn't come, what time would you wake up?”, he said after he pushed her in and led her to the sink. He squeezed some toothpaste in her toothbrush then handed it to her. And as Yerin started brushing, he continued to nag.

“You invited the boys to come over last night that's why you have to stay up until they leave and we still have to clean up the mess they left.”, he walked to the shower area to set the heat of the water then came back to the sink where Yerin had just finished brushing.

He handed her the facial things she will be using and he is the one who wet her face while she squeeze out some foam on her own hand, to save a bit time.

“I told you to just leave the mess last night and we will clean it up later but you still insisted.”, he's still on his nagging mode while watching Yerin latter the foam on her face, having his arms crossed on his chest.

“But that would be nasty if we'll just leave that like that.”, she replied while rinsing her face.

“Whatever. I drove home late but I still managed to wake up early. I bet you still stayed up more last night.”, he already helped her rinsing her face because she's taking too much time. Then he reached for a towel and dried her face himself.

“Sorry, okay? Just, please, stop your mouth from nagging like a mother. It's too early for this.”, she took the towel from him then glared.

“Let me correct you. At this point, it is not 'too early' so could you please hurry up because we'll both be late.”, he pushed her to the shower area but Yerin stopped walking and faced him.

“Wait. Why are you even here? If you're going to be late then you can go now. I'm not asking you to wait for me.”

“If I'm not here you could have woken up already in the afternoon. And my appointment today is somewhere near your office so I'm gonna drop you off there.”, he pushed her again to walk.

“But--”

“No more buts. You have 5 minutes to take a bath. I know you also have something to attend to so you better hurry because you'll be late in...”, he glanced at his watch. “...in 15 minutes.”

Yerin's eyes widen hearing how much time she has. She didn't argue with Jonghyun anymore and quickly turned around to step into the shower area but before she can do so, Jonghyun grabbed her arm and made her face him. He then planted a short, soft kiss on her lips.

“Hurry up, okay?” he whispered then smiled sweetly before he walked out and closed the bathroom door.

Yerin blinked a few times before she completely stepped in and opened the shower. She knows she has to hurry but she can't help to stop for a while and think of something, again. Actually, last night, she was not able to sleep well because she was still bothered about the project. She keeps on scanning the folder that has been given to her, hoping to find solution but she saw nothing. The only thing that she is thankful of right now is that Mr. Shin assured that she still has enough time to fix things because until now, she still doesn't know how to tell Jonghyun.

 

------

 

“Yerin, you're taking too long!”, Jonghyun yelled outside her room.

There's no response from Yerin. He looked at his wristwatch and just shook his head, not bothering about the time. The truth is, he really doesn't have an appointment near Yerin's office so it doesn't matter what time he would arrive in his office. He just want to drive Yerin this morning and he has to create an excuse.

He was about to call out Yerin again but a familiar message tone was heard. It's Yerin's and when he looked around, he found her phone on her desk. He reached for it and read the message without any hesitations because they both agreed to have a freedom to check text messages from each other's phone.

[FROM: Kibum oppa]

You're unusually not early. Are you fine? By the way, have you told Jonghyun?

 

His brow raised when he read the message from Key. 'Tell me what?', he thought. He wants to reply and ask but it would be better if he'll ask it directly to Yerin.

“Almost done!”, then Yerin yelled.

A thud was heard then followed by stumbling sounds. He can imagine how much mess is happening inside her room because of her hurriedness. He was about to knock on the door to make sure everything is fine but it suddenly opened and revealed Yerin, hurriedly doing the buttons of her blazer while her feet is busy slipping itself in her heeled shoes and a bag almost falling from her arm.

“Done.”, she said and stood up straight.

Jonghyun looked at her 'done' state and let out a loud laugh on what he saw. Yerin looked down at herself to check and she bit her lower lip when she saw what Jonghyun has been laughing at. She had her blazer on and buttoned, but not correctly. The buttons were on the wrong holes.

Jonghyun admired how cute Yerin is even on her clumsy state. He just chuckled and walked closer to her. He undid the her buttons and inserted it back one by one, this time, correctly. He straightened her blazer then he combed her hair with his own finger and swept it nicely away from her face.

“Do you know you're still pretty even when you're not trying to?”, he asked her, tracing her cheeks. Yerin wanted to melt on his sincere complement but the fact that she'll be late is preventing her to do so.

“I seriously want to listen to your complements to me all day but sadly, I can't because we'll be late.”, she grabbed her files from the desk then ran to the door, and though Jonghyun also wants to admire and complement her all day, he can't so he just followed.

“By the way...”, he handed him her phone when they got into the car. “Key messaged you earlier and I read it. What was that thing that you're supposed to tell me?”

Yerin's eyes almost popped out from it's holes then she quickly checked her inbox to look at the message that he was talking about. She was half relieved when she saw that there wasn't anything specific mentioned in the message.

“So what is it?”, Jonghyun asked again as he started driving.

“That...”, she started her sentence but can't manage to finish it. Her mind is battling whether she should or shouldn't tell him. She wanted to but can't start and afraid to do so.

'Tell him so the worries will all be over.', her mind said. She took a deep breath to form a word to start but ended up just exhaling it all out. 'Oh my god. I can't. It's too early for us to start arguing'

“That?”, Jonghyun asked again, being impatient.

“Uhh... I-It's... It's Key!”, blurted out some random word. “I-It's Key who has something to tell you and he wants to talk to you but since you're in a hurry, you can meet him some other time.”

“Really? Then I'll just talk to him for a while since I'm dropping you off to your office.”

“NO! I-I mean you have something to attend to right?”, she reasoned out again.

“It's okay. I still have a bit time. I can manage.”, he assured.

Yerin can't think of more words so she just chose to be silent. She sighed silently while mentally slapping herself for giving a random reason, for lying and for not having courage to tell him everything.

The ride is faster than expected but Yerin is still late for the photoshoot. She run as fast as she can to her office but Jonghyun is following so while on their way, she kept on convincing him to just talk to Key some other time and to leave because of his own schedule but he insisted to come with her. When they got to her and Key's office, she rushed in.

“Oh hi.”, Key greeted. She ignored Key's greetings and hurriedly went to her desk to gather the things she needs.

Key laughed. “Actually I was about to call you and tell that the schedule was moved in the afternoon because of some conflicts.”

Yerin's shoulder fell then she dropped back to her desk all the things she took and faced Key irritably. “Really?! Why didn't you tell me earlier? I almost flipped everything in my hurry to get here.”

“Relax... Oh hi hyung. You're here too.”, Key greeted Jonghyun whom he just noticed.

“Yeah. I drove Yerin here and she said that you're going to tell something to me.”, Jonghyun sat in front of Key's desk.

Key's brows furrowed. “Me? I ha--”

“You're going to tell him something, remember? You even TEXTED me earlier but HE READ IT instead.”, Yerin in to their conversation, secretly poking Key's side as she gives emphasize to her words for hidden meaning.

Though confused at first, Key got what Yerin is trying to say and he tried to find something in his mind to cover up to Yerin's white lies.

“Uhm... uhh... y-yes. I-I have something to tell you but... but I forgot what is it. I'll try to remember it and talk to you next time.”, though stuttering, he managed to find an excuse, a lame one.

Jonghyun nodded slowly with furrowed brows because he found Key's answer weird, but he just accepted it without any doubt, to that, both Key and Yerin exhaled with relief.

“Hey I thought you have an appointment. You better get going now.”, Yerin said, worried that Jonghyun would sense something wrong.

Jonghyun looked at his watch but since he doesn't really have an appointment, he remained relaxed on his seat, “I still have a few mi--”

“No-- uh I mean you couldn't be late. It's better to be early.”, Yerin still had to pull him up for him to stand. Then she tried her best to make him walk towards the door.

“Wait.”, Jonghyun held on the frame of the door to stop then turned to her. “You haven't ate breakfast yet. I'll buy you something first.”

“I'm fine. I'll eat with Key oppa, don't worry.”, Yerin assured, still trying to push him out.

Jonghyun rolled his eyes then hold Yerin's both wrists to stop her from pushing. “Fine, I'll leave since you're shooing me away again. But later, we'll have dinner, don't you dare ruin it again. Remember, TOGETHER.US.ALONE.”, he threatened her with his last words and Yerin couldn't do anything but to just nod. He smiled in satisfaction and patted her head.

“Kibum, feed her breakfast. She haven't eaten yet.”, he called out to Key.

“I'll even buy her the whole menu. Just go.”. Key shooed him with his hand.

Contented with the answers he got, Jonghyun bid his goodbye to the two though he felt like staying. When he left, both Yerin and Key sighed. Yerin held his forehead then turned to Key, flashing her worried eyes.

“Oppa, I'm feeling guilty now. I'm like lying to him.”, she said.

Key shook his head. “You are, actually. Why you still haven't talked to him about it yet?”

“You know it's hard. Remember what happened to us the last time I went abroad?”

“But you'll still end up telling him, anyway. I think it's better to talk it out earlier.”, Key suggested.

“I know. I'll try.”, she looked down then silently went to her own table. She is already starting to think of ways on how to start her explanation and everything. She perfectly knows that it won't be easy.

 

--------

 

Sehun and Yerin both bowed to the photographer and his team after their meeting has ended, then they both sat back on their chairs. Sehun will be modeling for them again so they discussed matter before everything starts.

“Hey, it's been quite long since I modeled for you again. How's eveything? I heard business is doing fine and there's a big offer for the company.”, Sehun started the conversation.

Yerin smiled bitterly and nodded. Sehun got puzzled to her inappropriate reaction.

“That not the reaction you make when you're happy about it. Isn't it a good offer?”, he asked worriedly.

“It is good, really good. That's what is making it hard to resist and there are also a lot that has to be considered.”, she answered.

Sehun got more confused so Yerin explained it. He told him everything and what the real problem is. Sehun is all ears to her and took every words to his mind, understanding the whole situation.

“Typical Jonghyun. Of course he wouldn't agree.”, that was his first comment.

“I know right. That's why everything is hard. I don't want to keep this to him but I also can't tell him.”, she sighed.

“I know you have heard this advice from others but I'll still say it. You have to tell him as early as possible so you'll both have long and enough time to talk about it. If he'll be mad, then you'll have more time to apologize and calm him. Yeah, it's kinda hard but you have to do it.”

“AH. Eottokhae? This is a very complicated.”, Yerin mumbled as she buries her face on her palm.

Sehun chuckled at her. “You know I salute Jonghyun hyung for giving you this much love and attention consistently, even sometimes it's getting really too much. But I'm giving my word, if he does something not nice to you, I'll be one those persons who would punch his precious face.”

Though problematic, Yerin laughed at Sehun's remark. “I'm the first one who would do that, if ever.”, then they both laughed.

Few more talks and when Yerin looked at her watch, she remembered the dinner with Jonghyun.

“Sehun, I have to leave now. We don't want a raging dinosaur if I got late tonight.”, I said.

He laughed hard. “Sure you may go. I'll stay here for a while. Remember my advice, kay?”

“I will.”, she smiled then walked away after getting my bag. But before I am able to completely got out, I bumped to Key who's going in at the same time.

“Yerin, you're here! Where the hell is your phone? I've been contacting you since earlier but you're not picking up.”, Key said right away with a loud voice.

“Oh, really?”, she searched for her phone and found out that the battery is already drained. She forgot to bring her charger this morning because they're in a big hurry.

“Battery drained. Why? What is it?”, she asked.

“Mr. Shin wants to talk to you. Regarding the project.”, Key said.

Yerin's brow raised. “Why? I thought we're given time to consider and fix things first?”

“He just said that there were some changes and he wants to discuss it with you.”

Yerin felt a bit irritated to Mr. Shin. Of all times, why does he have to change things when she haven't even dealt with the original plan yet. It's really stressing and she's almost near to regretting that they partnered with his company.

She sighed roughly and nodded. “Okay. I'll go. Where?”

Key gave her all the details that Mr. Shin have given and she left. When she checked her watch, she did some calculations if she wouldn't miss the dinner with Jonghyun and luckily, she has still enough time. She's just hoping and praying that after this, it will be easy for her to solve each concerns she has towards this project.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

HI READERS OF THIS FIC.

I'M SO SO SO SO SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING OFTEN. As in sorry from the deepest of my heart. Christmas break is here so MAYBE I can chapters more often. PLEASE bear with the chapters if it's getting lame, pointless and boring. 

COMMENTS ARE APPRECIATED. VERY VERY APPRECIATED. SO I HOPE YOU WON'T MIND TYPING SOME WORDS BELOW ^^ I just want to know if I have readers.

THANKYOU