Oh, You're ex?

Tied To A Dino (My SLY Fox SEQUEL)
After just about twenty minutes, Jonghyun arrived at their house. he quickly jumped out of the car and headed straight inside. The whole first floor was quiet so he ran upstairs, to Yuhan's room. There he saw Yerin seated on the floor, beside Yuhan's bed, holding Yuhan's hand who's lying motionless.
 
"Yerin-ah..."
 
Her head immediately turned to his direction when she heard him, and that's when he saw her face drenched in tears. He ran right away to attend to her and kneeled beside her.
 
"J-jong...", she she said with cracked voice, sobs blocking .
 
"What happened?", he glanced at Yuhan, held his little hand with his one hand then he looked at Yerin, cupping his cheek with his other free hand.
 
Yerin breathed first. "His nanny called me a while ago and told me that Yuhan is not feeling well so I ran here. And then when I came, he started vomiting, his fever is high, and he kept crying.", she started crying again, remembering Yuhan was in pain.
 
"Have you called the doctor?", he asked.
 
Yerin nodded. "Yes. I don't know what else to do so I called you. I haven't seen Yuhan this sick."
 
Jonghyun looked at Yuhan. He's lying flat on his back, heavily breathing with his eyes closed but his face is projecting the discomfort he is feeling. He looked at Yerin with pained eyes and then wiped her tears and pulled her to a hug. He can't bear the two of them seeing like that.
 
"Don't worry the doctor will be here. He'll be fine.", he said to calm Yerin but he, himself, was feeling nervous.
 
 
 
In less than an hour, the doctor came. Yerin and Jonghyun almost hugged when Dr. Lee came because they were so worried as Yuhan would wake up almost every ten minutes, crying, complaining about his headache or would ask to go to the bathroom to vomit.
 
"There's nothing serious about Yuhan's illness. He just got a flu and it's common for children in his age. But still, let's continue to observe him. I'll be giving medicines for him to take.", Dr. Lee said after he examined Yuhan.
 
Yerin, as well as Jonghyun, breathed in relief after hearing what the doctor said but still can't help worrying and feeling sorry that Yuhan has to suffer.
 
After the doctor left and both of them stayed with Yuhan. He's sleeping and after taking his medications, he looks more peaceful.
 
"I think it's my fault. I have been busy working when I should be taking care of him.", Yerin said staring at Yuhan's face as she sat beside him on his bed, gently his hair with her hands.
 
Jonghyun who was kneeling beside the bed, shook his head and stood up. He took Yerin's hand and pulled her with him to the small couch placed near the wall. He pulled her to seat beside him and the he wrapped his arms around her. He gently pushed Yerin's head to lean on his chest and she did so, burying her face on it, trying to stop the sobs from coming out.
 
"It's not your fault. It's normal that sometimes, children do get sick.", Jonghyun said softly.
 
"But I feel at fault."
 
"No you're not.", he hugged her tighter. "I should be the one taking care of the two of you, I feel guilty when you're blaming yourself." Yerin didn't say more and just stayed quiet under Jonghyun's embrace.
 
The silence gave a chance to Jonghyun to remember what happened before he came running home. Originally, he had planned to tell Yerin about Meeyon to avoid any further complications, specially that Meeyon seemed to be showing interest towards him again. But then, this happened and Jonghyun doesn't think it's a right timing to talk with Yerin about his ex. He'd tell her soon, but not now. He doesn't know how she would react.
Then he remembered another thing, the words that Meeyon said last before he got a call from Yerin.
 
"What if I tell you I know you're wife?", he remembered what exactly what she said.
 
'Could it be true?', he wondered and realized that it's the last thing he wants to happen. Knowing Meeyon, he knows she tends to do things over the border.
 
 
____________________________
 
 
 
Late afternoon came and Yuhan's condition have improved after resting well and taking his medicines, though he still have a slight fever.
Yerin passed by the living room and saw father and son there. They were sitting on the couch, facing each other, as Jonghyun feeds Yuhan with fruits. It still amazes her everytime she's seeing that Jonghyun is like facing a 'magic mirror of youth' when with Yuhan.
 
Jonghyun offered Yuhan a slice of orange, while opening his mouth wide for Yuhan to imitate. Yuhan tasted the orange but it's too sour for him and ended up making a weird expression which made Jonghyun laugh really loud. Yuhan pouted and pushed away Jonghyun's hands that was holding the orange away.
 
"You have to eat this so you'd be healthier.", Jonghyun said, after his laughter died down.
 
"Aniyo. Appa eat it."
 
Jonghyun pouted exactly like Yuhan. "No. This is for you."
 
"Appa eat too.", Yuhan grabbed a bigger slice of orange and also offered it to his appa. Jonghyun shook his head as he can imagine how sour that is.
 
"Appa say aaaahhh~", he offered again. Jonghyun hesitated to take it but Yuhan is insisting. He even held Jonghyun's chin with his little hand to make his mouth open.
 
"Appa.Eat.This", he said authoritatively to Jonghyun, and it's a command. Like he can't decline it. Jonghyun didn't have a chance to disagree as Yuhan already shoved it his mouth.
 
He ate the whole of it and made the same 'sour reaction' as Yuhan. Yuhan laughed really hard, and it was like music for both Yerin and Jonghyun's ears after the past hours that they're hearing him crying. Delighted that his appa was a good boy, patted his head like he just fed a dog.
 
Yerin giggled after watching such a cute scene then left the two for a while. When she came back, she was with a surprise with Yuhan.
 
"Yuhannie, look who came!", Yerin announced as she entered the living room. Yuhan's slightly pale face brightened when he saw his four uncles walking behind his umma. When she mentioned to them that Yuhan is sick, they all came running to check on him right on that same day. Yuhan has that kind of great ability: being able to gather his busy uncles in just a single snap.
 
"YUHAN-AH!", they greeted loudly.
 
The kid jumped out of the couch and ran to the arms of his uncles. His parents has to remind him not to move too actively because he's still not completely well.
Just seconds later, it was like there's a commotion. The house had been full of all sorts of noises coming from the five.
 
"Aigoo... it's like we have five kids here.", Jonghyun shook his head while looking them play.
 
"Yuhan-ah, we told you not to move too much.", he reminded him then yelled when he saw Minho and Yuhan running around. "Minho-yah! Stop chasing Yuhan!"
 
Yerin laughed. "Our house turns into an instant daycare when these four are here."
 
Jonghyun sighed and agreed. And since they know they cannot stop them from playing, they just left them for a while to prepare snacks.
 
 
 
"Uncle Chicken...", Yuhan called Onew's attention, who's sitting beside him on the couch. Key actually had to scold and force the four of them to just sit still in one couch so that Yuhan won't have to move that much.
 
"Ne Yuhan?", he lifted Yuhan to sit on his lap, then the other Taemin and Minho moved closer to them to hear what Yuhan will say.
 
"Yuhannie wants uncles always here... so we can play", the kid said, looking up to the three.
 
"Wae? Aren't your appa and umma playing with you?", Minho, seated on the left side, said.
 
"Playing... but Yuhannie wants many playmates...", Yuhan pouted.
 
Onew suddenly laughed. "You want other playmate? Then you should ask your appa and umma for another one." . Yuhan's stared at him, interested on what he said.
 
"Another playmate?", Yuhan asked, with sparkling eyes. Onew nodded.
 
Taemin chuckled, sitting on the right side. "Right. You ask them for another baby." (a/n: that was too straightforward Taem OTL)
 
"You'll be a hyung or oppa and you'll have another playmate.", Minho added.
 
"Woahh...", Yuhan seemed to like the idea. "Where to get new baby?", he said asked loud.
 
Key grinned naughtily, he is seated on the other sofa and listening to their conversation. "Umma and appa will make one for you. Go ask them."
 
Right at that moment, Yerin and Jonghyun came back with snacks. The five have wide grins on their, looking at each other. Yerin and Jonghyun distributed the snacks and occupied the free seats. Yuhan looked at his uncles and they silently signaled him to ask them.
 
"Umma, Appa. Yuhannie wants another baby!", Yuhan said loud, with bright innocent smile.
 
Jonghyun, who was drinking juice that time, coughed and almost spitted his drink out, while Yerin looked at Yuhan with opened. Small giggle from the uncles can be heard from the background.
 
"W-what did you say?", Jonghyun asked, disbelieving what he just heard.
 
"Uncles said umma and appa can make new baby so Yuhannie has new playmate.", he said with hoping eyes. Jonghyun glared at the four that were playing innocent.
 
"What are you stuffing into my son's innocent mind.", he squinted at them but they just shrugged and started eating.
 
Yerin felt her face warm after hearing Yuhan told it in front of everyone.
 
"Y-Yuhan, come here", she called Yuhan and her son went to her and sat on her lap. "Let's talk about it next time.", she whispered to him. Good thing Yuhan just nodded, agreeing, and didn't ask more.
 
 
 
"By the way...", Key suddenly talked. He opened his phone, did a few taps on the screen then passed it to the three boys first. "By any chance, do you know her?"
 
Onew, Taemin and Minho had their heads close to each other so they can look at the set of photos on Key's phone.
 
"Don't tell me you're dating her. Jisoo will definitely skin the two of you alive.", Minho said, swiping the screen side to side to view more photos. Yerin and Jonghyun was just looking at the three from their seat, waiting for their turn to view the photos.
 
Key rolled his eyes. "I'm not dating her. She's our new model. When I saw her, I thought she looks familiar and it bothers me so I'm asking you if you know her. Maybe we met her before.".
 
By that, Yerin knew who was Key talking about. "That's Kang Meeyon.". she added.
 
Jonghyun's head immediately snapped to Yerin's direction. 'She knows Meeyon?'. 
 
He then held out his hand to the boys to ask for the phone so he can confirm if it's really the Meeyon he has in mind. Minho handed it to him and he had a view of the photos. It is really the Kang Meeyon he knows. He unconsciously kept staring at the photos, didn't know how to react, until Onew snatched the phone from him. With squinting eyes, he continued looking at the photos.
 
"Doesn't she look familiar to you too?", Key asked.
 
Before Jonghyun can answer, Onew talked. "Isn't she the Meeyon who was our schoolmate in early highschool years?"
 
Minho snatched the phone and looked too. Then after moments, he nodded. "Yes, that annoying girl. This is her!"
 
Key looked at them while digging in his memory. "Oh! The spoiled brat! I remember now. I knew it, I have seen her before."
 
Yerin just looked at them, clueless of what they were saying, but she just has one thing certain about: their descriptions are matching the Meeyon she knows.
 
"Wait..", Taemin talked. "She Jonghyun hyung's ex, right? The clingiest one?", he asked and the others agreed, remembering it.
 
All heads turned to Jonghyun, but he can't say anything. Just earlier that day, he decided not to tell Yerin about her yet because of the situation but then, his good friends just revealed it.
 
"She's your ex?" , Jonghyun immediately looked at Yerin when she asked.
 
"Uhh.... yeah.", he answered cautiously and waited for Yerin's reaction, but she just nodded slowly then shifted her attention to feeding Yuhan. She didn't say anything.
 
Minho huffed. "Weird. You don't usually remember who your exes are.".
By that, the agreeing boys looked at him like they're asking for explanation.
 
Technically, he haven't done anything wrong but they're putting him in such situation like he's lying or hiding something really bad so he felt worried that Yerin might have wrong perceptions about him and Meeyon.
 
"Eung?", they all haven't noticed that Yuhan already got ahold of the phone, though he has no idea of what they are talking about. He was already looking at the photos then. "This is noona at the supermarket, right appa?"
 
Now, all attentions are on Yuhan because of what he said.
 
"The noona that said hi and...", Yuhan stood up on the couch and demonstrated how Meeyon offered her hands to Jonghyun that time. And then Yuhan, remembering that scene, scowled, expressing displease.
 
"You met her at the supermarket?", Onew asked, eyebrow raising.
 
Jonghyun wanted to roll his eyes. 'Oh great. My son even dug a deeper hole for me.'. He then looked at Yerin to check her reaction but she's still acting nonchalant about it. She just glanced at him for about two seconds, and then got back to feeding Yuhan, like she didn't hear anything. Jonghyun got even more worried because she can't analyze her reaction well.
 
He sighed in exasperation. "Yuhan and I saw her there. She tried talking to me but I didn't remember who she is so I just ignored her.", he ran his fingers through his hair. "Can we just drop the topic? I'm not doing anything wrong. Why are you doing this to me?"
 
"We were just asking.", Key shrugged his shoulders and claimed his phone back, concluding the end of that topic.
 
Jonghyun sighed again. Good thing they agreed to stop, before they can dig deeper pit for him, when the truth is he is innocent. He glanced at Yerin again, who remained quiet since the topic about his ex has been brought up. He still cannot find a clear reaction from him and she didn't look at his direction again.
 
 
***
 
 
When the four boys left, Yerin started cleaning the center table they used, gathering the empty glasses and saucers. After closing the front door, Jonghyun and Yuhan came to her to help while. Yuhan gathered the trashes and Jonghyun was about help Yerin carry the glasses and saucers when she avoided him and left with no word.
 
Jonghyun have been observing her since that conversation ended, and she stayed quiet all the time. She wasn't looking at his direction either. Right then, Jonghyun knew there was something wrong.
 
"Yerin-ah.", he called, trailing behind her as she went to the kitchen, but she didn't look and headed to the sink to lay the things she was carrying. Jonghyun stopped behind the kitchen counter, steps away from where Yerin is standing.
 
"Babe why won't you talk to me?", he asked.
 
"Ask yourself. Don't 'babe' me.", she answered coldly, without bothering to look at him. Right then, Jonghyun had confirmed that Yerin is mad at him. He's certain that it was about the topic that the boys brought up
 
He then felt a tug on his shirt. It was Yuhan, looking up at him. He bent down to scoop his son in his arms and sat him on the countertop.
 
"Is umma mad?", Yuhan whispered very carefully to Jonghyun.
 
"Yes...", he answered also whispering and they both secretly glanced at Yerin, busy washing dishes.
 
"Why?", Yuhan whispered again.
 
"Appa's not sure, but maybe umma got jealous."
 
Yuhan tilted his head sidewards, looking confused. "Jellies? Umma's mad because of jellies?"
 
Jonghyun palmed his forehead, while softly chuckling. How can he expect a three-year-old kid to know and understand what 'jealousy' is?
 
"No, not that. I think umma is upset because of appa.", he explained way simpler.
 
"Then appa should say sorry, you told me that.", Yuhan said.
 
"Yes, of course baby. Appa will say sorry.", Jonghyun nodded. "But for now, rest in your room.", he brought Yuhan down from the countertop and he accompanied him to his room.
 
 
When he came back, Yerin is already heading out of the kitchen. He quickly went to the kitchen entrance and blocked her way, holding both her arms so she cannot run away.
 
"Wait, wait. Hold it right there.", he stopped her but she just looked up at him with her eyebrow raised.
 
"Let's talk.", he begged with his eyes but Yerin again just looked at him like she doesn't have plans on talking.
 
Jonghyun sighed and held tight on her arms. "I'm not gonna let you go anywhere until we clear this."
 
He saw how Yerin's teeth slightly gritted before she rolled her eyes and frowned. "I have nothing to say."
 
"I know there's something wrong.", he paused for a while. "Is it about Meeyon?"
 
Yerin let out a small bitter chuckle then looked at Jonghyun with an eyebrow raised. "What about your ex?"
 
Jonghyun wasn't sure if it's just him or Yerin is really stressing on the 'ex' word to emphasize it.
 
He sighed. "I knew it. You have a problem with it."
 
Yerin rolled her eyes. "What problem? I'm fine with it... "
 
"You're obviously not fine with it..", Jonghyun looked at her with firm sincere expression. "Look, I'm sorry that you have to hear it from others but I really didn't recognized her that time when we saw each other at the supermarket so I didn't tell you about it. I'm sorry"
 
Yerin glared at him and wriggled her arms out of Jonghyun's hold but he just grabbed both her hands and held it firmly. "And I also don't know that you know each other so even—"
 
"You didn't meet with that woman after?", Yerin asked, she isn't frowning anymore but she's looking up at him with upset eyes.
 
Jonghyun paused. That was what he was about to say before she cut him. He wanted to say that Meeyon, even unwelcome, would come to his office to talk and her dirty intentions were clear to him. But then, the look in her eyes are refraining him to say it. It was like she begging for an answer but wishing that she won't hear what she doesn't want to hear. Jonghyun's mind suddenly came into a fuss.
 
"No, not at all.", his mouth moved on it's own, saying things that won't hurt Yerin, and he suddenly wanted to cut his tongue because of that. 'Damn, I just lied.'
 
He saw how Yerin visibly relaxed in front of him after she heard his answer. Guilt crept on him but he tried to convince himself he did it to not make her upset and besides, he's not doing anything wrong with Meeyon and he has no plans even in the future.
 
"You're ex is beautiful, I must say.", Yerin suddenly said, but Jonghyun's ears sense the bitterness with it.
 
"Aww you sound jealous.", he said and can't hide his grin.
 
She glared at him. "And you sound happy about it?"
 
Jonghyun bit his lips to at least lessen his grin. Yerin isn't the type that rarely gets jealous but this time, he knows and he's certain that Yerin is. Honestly, he somehow likes it when she gets jealous. He then pulled her closer to him and hugged her tight, burying Yerin on his own body.
 
"There's no reason to be jealous so don't be. For me, you're much more beautiful than her.", he kissed the top of her head. "And why, for the whole time we've been together, you felt jealous now when you perfectly know that you hold everything in me. You're now Mrs. Kim and mother of my son. You don't have to feel insecure."
 
She looked up at him. "I don't know. Maybe because I know Meeyon is someone who's capable of doing anything she wants."
 
He thought she's right. That is Meeyon. But even so, he doubted that she can get what she wants from him, he'd not be giving away anything.
 
They suddenly heard a small clap, coming from behind Jonghyun. When they turned to look, it was Yuhan, watching them with a big smile.
 
He walked to Yerin and hugged her thighs while looking up at her. "Umma, you already forgive appa?", he asked.
 
She chuckled and caressed his head. "Since he said sorry, I already forgive him."
 
He eye smiled at her."Yehet!"
 
"What?", Yerin asked as she didn't understand what he said. She looked at Jonghyun, asking.
 
He shrugged. "It's Sehun's alien word. He taught it to him and I can't even correct it.". Yerin chuckled, scratching her forehead.
 
"So... can we talk about new baby now?", Yuhan suddenly asked that made both of the coughed simultaneously. Yerin blushed again, not wanting to talk about it in front of her son so Jonghyun bravely took the responsibility of clearing that idea to Yuhan that was wrongly thought by his uncles. He picked up Yuhan in his arms and brought him in the living room to talk with him.
 
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[EDITED: Wanna have an idea what Yuhan's puppy eyes look like. Here :">]
 
HI. ^^ This is quite long.
 
Next chapter coming in.... 3.... 2.... 1....