I Believe Now

Tied To A Dino (My SLY Fox SEQUEL)

[AGAIN , I DIDN'T RE-READ THIS SO I APOLOGIZE IN ADVANCE FOR THE ERRORS YOU'LL BE READING. ^^]

 

 

Yerin held on her forehead as she listens to what is being told to her over the phone by her secretary and she keeps sighing all through out.

"He really did that?", she asked Soojin and her secretary replied with a 'yes' and gave a little more details that she needed to know.

She sighed again and rolled her eyes. "Gosh, that man and his wicked ways, aigooo."

She bid goodbye and hung up after asking more information from Soojin as she's not able to go to the office because she has to stay with Yuhan.

Just as she's about to sit down on the couch to relax, the doorbell rang. She stood up to open the door but Yuhan, out of nowhere, dashed past her and attended to the door before she did, as if he knows exactly who came.

 

 

"YUHAN-AH!!!"

 

 

Right before she can completely got to the front door, Yerin can already hear super loud greetings and she already new who their visitors are. Five boys appeared in front of her, including Yuhan being carried by Minho.

"Annyeong Yerin-ah~!", they greeted cheerfully.

She greeted back,, trying to be as cheerful as them but failing, and then led them to the living room.

"So, aren't you oppas busy?", she asked after they all have been seated.

"We promised Jonghyun to keep you company and look after you guys while he's away.", Onew explained.

She felt moved at the same time, sad after hearing that from them but she didn't make it obvious as she knows that they are not aware about the problem between them. She tried to think of a way to divert the conversation because it's uncomfortable for her and she remembered something just in time.

"Oh Key oppa...", she looked at him. "I'm really wanting to talk to you. Good thing you came."

"What is it?", Key raised his brow.

"Soojin called me... Why did you kick Meeyon out of the project? I told you to take over not change it."

Key looked sharply at her, with an 'are-you-serious' expression. "Yerin-ah... Don't think that 'what happened' will just simply pass by without me knowing it and me correcting it. I know you know what I mean. ", he stated, choosing his words carefully because Yuhan is with them.

Yerin sighed and scratched her head. She feels mixed emotion, a bit of joy and satisfactory because somehow revenge has been made for her but then, she's feeling guilty because it's like she's mixing work to her personal issues and Key also got involved when it is her own problem.

"How about the contract? You cannot just simply do that to her in a snap. Her agency will surely take action for this.", Yerin said worriedly.

"Actually, her agency did not appeal against it. It is Dongwon, her own brother, who agreed that she should learn in this way.", Key explained.

"And I don't want to work with her anymore so it's better that she's out.", Taemin added, while playing rock paper scissors with Yuhan.

Minho rolled his eyes. "C'mon. You can't be that considerate towards such person." he added.

She remained speechless after hearing what the boys said. She kept on shifting her eyes from one to another, looking at them suspiciously. "Wait. Y-you boys... all know what exactly happened?", she asked confusedly because she didn't remember telling it to anyone yet.

They all nodded simultaneously, except for Taemin who is focusing on playing rock paper scissors with Yuhan.

"Jonghyun told us everything.", Onew said, his expression telling her that it's okay and she doesn't have to worry about it.

Key sighed. "You haven't—"

"KAWI BAWI BO! (rock paper scissors)", Key has been interrupted on what he's going to say by the two youngest playing.

"UNCLE TAEMIN DONT CHEAT!", Yuhan yelled when Taemin gave out 'paper' but slowly changed it to 'rock'.

"I'M NOT CHEATING, EXCUSE ME.", Taem defended himself, stucking his tongue out..

 

Key glared at Taemin. "Taemin-ah...you obviously cheated...", he rolled his eyes. "And please, if the two of you cannot quiet, could you go somewhere there so that we can talk here?",

Both Yuhan and Taemin mouthed 'ooops' before the two of them jumped out of the couch and noisily ran away, chasing each other. When their surroundings finally became quiet, Key proceeded again.

"We know that you haven't fixed this problem with Jonghyun yet. He told us everything before he left.", Onew sighed.

"Do you seriously believe that he can cheat on you.? And, duh, with that cheap girl?", Key finished his sentence with his eyes rolling.

"Jonghyun hyung surely knows better than that.", Minho added.

Yerin looked down to her lap, fiddling her fingers. "I don't know. I can't think well because I was overwhelmed by Meeyon's attitude and the fact that she's his ex. I was also too shocked with what I witnessed that day. All I know is that I've been hurt."

"Do you think he will tell us this if he's at fault? He perfectly knows what we can do to him if he attempted to do something that may hurt you and our dear Yuhan.", Onew said, as a matter of fact.

Yerin looked up and looked at them with a bit of suspicion. "You're not telling me this things because you're siding with your friend, are you?"

The three boys gasped simultaneously, widening their mouths and eyes, acting hurt.

"Are we those kind of friends who tolerate wrong deeds? Are we, Yerin?", Minho said in a rather exaggerated manner, even dramatically pointing to himself.

Yerin managed to chuckle and she shook her head with a genuine smile on her face. It somehow felt good talking with them and sharing her problem that she kept for quite long now. Minho, Onew and Key also smiled, seeing her.

"Think of how Jonghyun feels too. Talk to him as soon as possible and settle this.", Onew advised.

 

 

 

____________________________

 

 

 

When Yerin went in the living room, Yuhan is still lying stomach flat on the couch with a laptop in front of him. He's talking with his appa through video call for almost an hour already and they sound like they don't have plans to stop yet.

"Appa will bring you here in China next time, for vacation.", Yerin heard Jonghyun said while she is cleaning the mess in the living room.

Yuhan pouted, "But Yuhannie doesn't know chinese..."

A hearty laugh was heard from Jonghyun and Yerin looked at them from afar. She wanted to come near and have a glance at Jonghyun but she's afraid that she might not be ready or he might still be mad at her and doesn't want to talk. She was the one who asked for space, it's her fault.

When Yuhan yawned, that signaled the end of their chat.

"Baby, it's late. You're already sleepy.", Jonghyun told Yuhan.

"Will you call again?", Yuhan asked scratching his eyes with the back of his hand.

"Of course. Appa will call again tomorrow. For now, you should sleep."

Yuhan nodded. "Goodnight appa."

"Goodnight little dino. Always behave okay? And keep your promise to me."

"Ne~"

Yerin thought that the call already ended so she went near, but when she knelt down beside the couch, the cam is still on. Jonghyun looked at her direction and she can't help herself from looking too. None of them talked and suddenly it became awkward so she forced herself to retrieve her gaze and look at Yuhan's direction.

Yuhan looked at her too then shifted his eyes to the screen. "Appa... you just talked with Yuhan today... You talk with umma now."

Yerin's head immediately snapped to her son's direction. She's mentally scolding him for putting her in such an awkward situation. Jonghyun didn't say anything, by that she confirmed that he's still mad at her. Her heart sank.

"Go sleep upstairs Yuhan-ah. Umma will follow after I clean here.", she told Yuhan, smiling a bit awkwardly.

Yuhan nodded, while blinking from sleepiness. He greeted his appa goodnight for one more time before he get off the couch and walk away.

 

Without the presence of someone else in the living room, the surroundings became really quiet. She could have ended the call already but she cannot, Jonghyun isn't hanging up either, though he's not saying anything at all. For the first few moments, Yerin was just looking at the keyboard of the laptop with pursed lips, but the next, she slowly looked up at the screen only to see Jonghyun watching her actions intently. When their eyes met, she immediately searched emotions in his. She found longing in his eyes but then, it stares coldly towards her, which means he's still mad at her.

She saw him sighed before opening his mouth to talk. "I'm gonna hung up."

'Why?', her mind asked but she's not able to voice it out.

"I bet you still don't want to talk with me.", he talked again.

She didn't answer, she just felt herself, 'Don't I?'.

"Hope you're getting the space you need.", Jonghyun said with bitterness and he already hung up in the next second.

Yerin just stared at the laptop screen that doesn't have Jonghyun's face anymore. It happened so fast that she didn't have time to protest. She wanted to see him a little longer, talk to him, but she can't. She asked for space, now she's getting it but she can't understand why it isn't even helping.

She turned off the laptop with a heavy heart and decided to follow Yuhan upstairs.

When she got to their room, where Yuhan is staying for the mean time, Yuhan isn't there. Her brows furrowed a bit, then she called out Yuhan's name but she's receiving no response. After checking the comfort room and not seeing Yuhan there, the next place she thought is Yuhan's own room so she went there. When she opened the door, she relaxed when she saw Yuhan there, standing beside his bed. She wondered what he was doing there so she watched her son for a bit longer but after a few moments that Yuhan is doing absolutely nothing, just staring at his bed, she walked in and called his attention.

"Yuhan-ah...", she grabbed both his little hands while kneeling in front of him. "Why are you here? Do you want to sleep here instead?"

Yuhan shook his head and Yerin noticed his sad eyes.

"What's wrong, baby dino?", she asked, cupping his right cheek.

Yuhan looked at her with the same sad eyes. "Yuhannie misses appa..."

She felt a little punch on her heart seeing Yuhan sad like that. "Appa misses you too.", she rubbed her thumb against his soft pink cheeks.

"Yuhan wants to jump on this bed."

She wasn't able to answer right away, thinking why he suddenly said it out of the blue, but then he realized that it is his appa that always jumps with him on the bed. She smiled softly. "I don't want you jumping on the bed but for tonight, I'll let you."

Yuhan pouted and shook his head. "Can't. Appa said I cannot jump without him, I might get hurt."

"Then I'll do it with you. I won't let you be hurt."

He shook his head again and pouted more. "No... Appa said I cannot jump with umma... Because if Yuhannie falls down, umma might fall down too and get hurt. And appa said he doesn't want that."

She bit her lower lip to control her emotion and expression upon hearing Yuhan's explanation. She was very moved by what she learned and silently, in her mind, she's thanking Jonghyun for caring that much. It was just simple words but it's too overwhelming for her, specially on their current status.

She tried to control her misty eyes so she just hugged Yuhan then stood up with him in her arms. She kissed the topped of her head. "Umma understands. Don't worry, your appa might be here one morning when you wake up, so sleep a lot okay?"

Yuhan hugged her neck while nodding. She walked out of the room and brought Yuhan to their room. She laid him there and caressed him until he fell a sleep. After, she walked across the room and sat relaxed on a single couch there, closing her eyes as she thinks.

'...umma might get hurt too. And appa doesn't want that.'

Yuhan said that, referring to falling from bed, but she got another meaning from it. She wanted to slap herself for just realizing it now and believing it. Certainly, Jonghyun doesn't want her hurt in any way, mostly he would not do something that might hurt her. She's an idiot for doubting him, when all he did for all these years is to give his all to her, only to her. Maybe the reason why she reacted that way with what she saw, is because she wasn't ready for it, and she never thought that could possibly happen because Jonghyun never let her think that a dark side is possible to exist in such a wonderful relationship.

Her body move on its own and the next thing she knew, she's curled up on the couch in the living room, holding her phone in her hands, with Jonghyun's number on the dial screen.

She hesitated on pressing the call button, having a lot of worries in her mind. Maybe Jonghyun is already asleep, or still mad at her and doesn't want to talk to her....but then her body movement is betraying her, her finger moved to touch the screen, calling Jonghyun.

She held the phone next to her ear, listening and nervously waiting. It rang for quite a while that she almost gave up but before she move the phone away from her ear, the call is finally answered. Her body tensed up.

"Yes?", Jonghyun answered plainly, with his deep voice... that she badly misses. She heard his voice just earlier but it seems like she missed it for years.

"J-jong...", that was all that came out from , though her mind has a lot of words in it.

She didn't hear response from Jonghyun, she isn't talking yet either and the line is quiet but she knows he's still there. She breathed deep to compose herself before opening again.

"Jjong... I know it's already late, you're tired and should be sleeping.... but I have to say something...", she said, holding to her phone tight.

Again, Jonghyun didn't talk but she knows he's listening so she continued.

"Firstly, I want to say sorry. I'm really really sorry. I should have trusted and believed your words and only your words. I shouldn't have doubted you. It's not your fault, you didn't do anything wrong. I believe you.", a tear rolled down her cheeks as she finished.

"Only now Yerin?", he finally talked, but bitterness is still there in his tone.

"Maybe I do believe you before, I want to believe you, but I'm just too hurt that my mind was rejecting that fact.", she explained. She paused and waited for the answer from the other line.

 

Until he talked. "You know I'm hurt too. You, disbelieving me, hurt me so much. Seeing you sad hurts me too, and knowing that I'm the reason of that sadness hurts me the most.", he still sounds a bit mad.

"I'm sorry...", she murmured, in between sobbing. That is the reason why she went out of the room. She knows her ugly sobbing is inevitable and it might wake Yuhan up.

"And I was hurt when you asked for space. I was afraid you might end up leaving me after some time of thinking.", his voice softened, trailing off as he finishes his sentence.

"Jonghyun-ah...", she called his name right away to express strong disagreement. "I won't. Whatever happens, I won't. I don't need that space anymore, I want to be with you. I'm so sorry."

 

 

There was a long pause after she talked. They both got silent, except for Yerin's sobs as she's waiting for Jonghyun's response. She can't help crying as she felt really sorry.

 

 

"I miss you.", Jonghyun suddenly said. Now his voice is soft, gentle, the voice that Yerin wanted to hear. She wondered how did she survive weeks without talking to him. His voice is like her air.

"I missed talking to you....",he added and still continued. "I miss holding you... I didn't even hugged you properly before I left. I didn't even kissed you. Now I have to wait for a month before I can."

 

Yerin now felt relief that the conversation is starting to get light. She wiped her tears and let out a little chuckle. "To make it up, I'm gonna kiss you right away when you get home, right even before you can enter the front door."

He heard Jonghyun groaned, [and that's so y]. "Oh.... that made me want to buy a ticket right now and take the first plane to Seoul tomorrow. Just tell me, I'll be right beside you when you wake up tomorrow morning."

Yerin chukled again. "Oh no you won't do that. Finish what you have to finish there so you can come home without any problem."

She waited for what he is going to say but then, the call ended. She panicked for a while until her phone rang again, with a different ring tone. It's a video call from Jonghyun. She smiled, touched the screen and held it in front of her.

Jonghyun appeared on her screen, sitting on his hotel bed and leaning against the headboard, with messy hair, a refreshing boyish grin on his face and his bare shoulders showing. Yerin smiled at his habit of sleeping shirtless.

"Oh my God. I miss you so much.", he said, his shoulders fell when he sighed deep. "I should have taken you and Yuhan here with me."

"Unfortunately, you know you can't because you're busy there...", she said. Then she told him that Yuhan misses him so much and about what Yuhan said about jumping on the bed with her. They talked about everything, as if they don't want to stop though the it's really getting late. Yerin was telling him about her work and she mentioned what Key did to Meeyon.

He frowned. "I know that Kibum told me about it, and I'm going to give him a reward when I get back. I don't care whatever happens to her next. Now, can you stop mentioning her and let's not talk about her."

"Okay.", Yerin nodded obediently.

The frown on Jonghyun's face vanished instantly. He's just staring at her, with a soft smile on his lips. "I love you babe. Please always have that in mind so you won't doubt me again. I'm the happiest when I'm with you and Yuhan, don't think I can exchange that for any other thing."

She smiled at him back. "I know and I'll remind myself everytime. I love you too."

Jonghyun then sighed again. "Aigoo I want to kiss you..."

She chuckled. "I told you, I will when you as you get back."

He smirked. "Now you gotta get ready... I'll be missing you for the whole month... and you know the after effect of that..."

Yerin held onto her forehead, giggling.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry for being away for a few weeks. Here's you update guys. JongRin is fine again, COZ I LOVE YOU ALL~~~~ <3