Kim Yuhan

Tied To A Dino (My SLY Fox SEQUEL)
 
SKIP.... SKIP... SKIP... 3 years
 
 
It was already evening when Yerin arrived home from work. Her day was very tiring as she wandered from place to place the whole day, supervising the photoshoots and attending meetings.
She opened the front door and was relieved to see that it wasn't a mess, behind the fact that two boys had stayed there the whole day. The house was even surprisingly quiet.
"I'm home~", she called out while walking in farther but her surrounding remained quiet.
She checked the kitchen and living room, no one is there but she noticed that it is clean, quite far from the image she was expecting to see. She told Jonghyun to babysit while on his day off but she didn't expect he'd do more. Impressed, she continued walking with a smile upstairs and that's when the peaceful and quiet atmosphere vanished.
She heard a loud, high pitched scream just when her feet touched the second floor. That voice was surely from one of the rooms and she knows exactly where, the playroom. She chuckled as she headed towards it and as she gets closer, hearty laughs can be heard... and more screams.
She grabbed the knob, turned it and quietly pushed the door open. She peeked inside and saw Jonghyun, his lower body is covered with bunch of stuffed toys as he sits on the floor. His hands were both forming like claws as he growls, mouth opened veryyyyy wide.... And standing in front of him is a little version of him, also with his tiny hands formed like claws while growling. She wasn't sure what are they trying to look like, lions? More likely dinosaurs. A little later, the bigger dinosaur suddenly 'attacked' and the little one backed away running while screaming.
"Ahem.", she faked a cough and completely stepped in. She saw how Yuhan's face brightened when she came in and he changed his running direction.
"UMMA!!!!!", Yuhan called loud as he runs towards her. She thought he would jump to her so she spread her arms open but instead, he came to hide behind her legs.
"UMMA! The monster dinosaur...eat Yuhannie.", he clung on one of her leg.
"Monster dinosaur?", she asked looking down to him.
He looked up and nodded. "Ne.. Appa.", then he pointed to Jonghyun that was approaching them. She laughed at what he called his own father.
"As if you're not, huh?", Jonghyun told Yuhan when he stopped in front of Yerin.
Yuhan just stuck his tongue out then laughed, hiding himself more behind his umma's legs.
"Monster dino will not eat you then, I'll just eat umma.", Jonghyun said then pulled Yerin close to him, leaving Yuhan. He hugged her tight from behind, them, facing Yuhan.
"I'll eat umma now.", he kissed Yerin's cheek that made her giggle. They waited for his reaction and he just pouted.
"Yuhannie too, ppo-ppo." (ppo-ppo= kiss/peck), he pouted his lips more then raised his hands, asking Yerin to carry him.
"Of course baby.", Yerin detached Jonghyun's arms that was around her then bent down to pick up Yuhan. She kissed Yuhan repeatedly that made him giggle loudly.
"Did you miss umma?"
"Ne~", he clung his arms around Yerin's neck. Jonghyun, feeling ignored, walked to them while pouting. He joined and hugged them both.
"Did Appa did well today?", Yerin asked Yuhan.
"Mmmmm....", Yuhan looked at Jonghyun like he was thinking.
"Yah Yuhan-ah. We played all day, and you're gonna betray me now that your Umma came?", Jonghyun widened his eyes.
Yuhan then chuckled cutely. "Appa is good.", he even put his thumb up and he high fived with Jonghyun.
Yerin laughed, obviously pleased. Her eyes went around the playroom and realized that it is in the opposite state of downstairs. It was totally messy with all the toys scattered around.
"Okay.", she put Yuhan down. "Umma will change clothes then prepare dinner. While I do that, you arrange your toys, okay? After that, we'll eat.", she explained slowly.
Yuhan pouted again. "Dinner...now."
She shook her head. "You tidy up your playroom first. Good boys arrange the toys they used, right?". Yuhan nodded.
"And you know good boys get rewards. So after you clean... Umma will give you a gift."
Yuhan's face brightened up. "Jinjja? A gift?"
"Yes."
Jonghyun then butted in. "You clean here baby. I'll help Umma change clothes.", he was about to pull Yerin away from there but Yuhan talked.
"Why help? Umma can't dress alone?", he asked, tilting his head sidewards.
"Uhh...", he can't answer. Yerin glared at Jonghyun for stuffing such idea into their son's mind.
"But Appa also used these toys... Appa should clean too.", Yuhan said.
Yerin raised an eyebrow at Jonghyun. "Right. Appa used the toys, Appa should clean too."
Jonghyun was about to protest but Yerin gave a warning look to him. He can't do anything against it so he just lead on picking up the toys, Yuhan copied him.
 
 
____________________________
 
 
Yuhan was trailing behind either Jonghyun or Yerin as they both wander around the kitchen, preparing the table for dinner. Yerin had already told him to just sit but he would still follow behind them, saying he wants to help but he's just too small to be doing those things. When Jonghyun turned, he bumped to Yuhan and almost knock him down to the floor. Good thing he regained his balance right away and was able to hold Yuhan's hand before he fell.
"Yuhan-ah.", he lifted Yuhan and placed him on his high chair at the dining table. "You might get hurt so just stay still here, arasseo?"
"Yuhan is hungry."
Just then Yerin brought the last dish on the table. "Okay here, let's eat."
They all settled down the table, Yuhan's high chair was in between them. Yerin put food on Jonghyun's plate first then on Yuhan's special Eddy (the fox character in Pororo) plate before she put on hers. After, Yerin noticed that Yuhan still isn't eating and just staring at her, like asking for something.
"What is it Yuhannie?", she asked. Yuhan then laid his hand in front while blinking and Yerin had to ask again what is it he is asking for.
"Yuhan's gift?", he said softly, still with his hands laid in front.
Yerin smiled remembering it. "Oh that. I'll give it to you when you finish your food."
"But Umma said...after Yuhan clean...", he struggled on saying the whole sentence.
"Yes but let's see it after dinner, okay?", she pat Yuhan's head.
"But... Yuhannie wants to see....", he then started working with his puppy eyes. He definitely got that from his father, and he knows how to do it well.
"Ummaaaa....", he called softly and cutely. He turned to Jonghyun to get some help. "Appaaaaa....", he called out sweetly, holding Jonghyun's one hand with both of his, with his eyes working more. He knows those have greater effect on his Appa.
No doubt it worked, Jonghyun looked at Yuhan with fondness before looking to Yerin. "Let us see that, pleeeeease."
Yerin rolled her eyes and sighed in defeat. "Promise me you'll eat well.", he told Yuhan and he nodded enthusiastically.
Yerin stood up and exited the dining area for a while. When she came back she's carrying a small, soft, backpack, the one that has a stuffed toy character attached at the back as a design.
"WOAHHHH! EDDY!", Yuhan called the fox character attached to the bag.
She knew he would like it so much because it's a fox. Yuhan had taken after his father's strong love for foxes and like what Jonghyun said when Yuhan was born, he passed all his collections to him and Yuhan is taking care of it well.
Yerin placed the Eddy bag on the chair across Yuhan's. "You will play with this after you eat, arasseo?"
"Ne~ Komawo umma!", Yuhan said cheerfully and he held Yerin's face and gave her a kiss when she sat back beside him. He started eating happily, dangling his feet as he stared at his new 'friend' in front of him.
"By the way Yerin-ah, is it okay if you'll bring Yuhan with you in the office for tomorrow?", Jonghyun suddenly asked. "His nanny called earlier , saying she can't come. And my schedule tomorrow is very full so I don't think I can look after him."
Yerin nodded. "No problem. I don't have any important schedule tomorrow anyway."
"And about that big partnership the company is working on..."
"Let's talk about it later, okay?", Yerin stopped him from saying more. They both have agreed not to talk about business in front of Yuhan. Yuhan-time is just Yuhan-time.
 
_____________________
 
After she was done with her evening chores, Yerin headed upstairs to check on the two. She asked Jonghyun to bathe Yuhan and put him to sleep as she does the dishes. When she opened the door of Yuhan's room, her brows furrowed when she saw the two boys jumping on Yuhan's bed. 'Urgh. These two wild creatures'. Her hands were on her waist as she approach them.
"Yah! What did I tell you about jumping on the bed?"
Jonghyun and Yuhan immediately stopped , looked at each other like saying 'oh-oh we got caught' then they climbed off the bed. and remained quiet.
"I told you to put him to sleep.", Yerin scolded Jonghyun.
"If he's tired, he'd fall asleep easier.", he reasoned out. Yerin rolled her eyes and fixed the cover of the bed. Yuhan climbed on the bed and laid down as Yerin told him.
"Yuhannie, Umma said don't jump on your bed because you might get hurt.", she said sitting beside him and caressing her forehead.
"No umma. Appa said he will catch Yuhannie, if Yuhannie fall.", Yuhan explained and her eyes darted again to Jonghyun, who just shrugged his shoulders.
She sighed. "Okay enough. Playtime is over. Babies needs to sleep so they would grow tall.", she emphasized on her last words then glanced at Jonghyun. She saw how he frowned at her.
"Nighty night, baby.", she bent down to kiss Yuhan on his cheeks.
"Nighty night umma.....", he then pointed at the big dinosaur stuffed toy placed beside him. He always have them on his bed. "Say nighty night to Mr. Dino too."
She chuckled. "Nighty night Mr. Dino. Please look after my baby as he sleeps.", she also caressed the head of the toy.
"Nighty appa~", he stirred to face Jonghyun sitting at the other side of the bed.
"Nighty little dino. Sweet dreams.", he kissed his cheek as well. "Close your eyes."
Yuhan complied, he closed his eyes. Jonghyun pulled the blanket up to his shoulders and then slowly stood up from the bed, as well as Yerin. They quietly exited the room.
"What was that you were telling me a while ago about your company?", Yerin asked as they head to their room.
He stopped from walking just before they entered the room. Jonghyun faced Yerin, blocking the entrance. "You know, I really wanna talk about that with you tonight but I lost interest."
"Oh. Why?", Yerin joked
The corner of his lip curled up. "Let's talk about other things first.", he whispered then pulled Yerin in the room quickly,