16: Revealed in a Wrong Way

Tied To A Dino (My SLY Fox SEQUEL)

"Kibum oppa. I made you coffee.", Yerin said sweetly to Key then placed a mug of coffee on his desk in front of him.

Key looked up at her from the files he was reading, then he eyed her with raised eyebrow as she sits down on the chair in front of the desk, still with a sweet smile plastered on her face.

"Okay. What is it that you need?", Key brought down the papers from his hand, giving Yerin a judging look.

"What? Do I have to need something to make you a coffee?", she gave her a fake offended look.

Key rolled his eyes. "C'mon Yerin, I know you too well. You won't act this sweet if you won't be asking for something. Spill it.".

She finally sighed, giving up. Then chuckled. "Yeah. You, indeed, know me too well... Oppa, can I leave early today, like... now?"

Key looked at his wristwatch and his eyebrow raised more. "Now as in even before lunch break? And for what reason?"

"Jonghyun promised me a date today. Can I? Please?", she begged with puppy eyes.

"You're gonna leave all these works to me just for a date? Seriously Yerin?"

Yerin rolled her eyes. "Yah. As if I always ask for a bit of day off. You're making me look bad. FYI, I finished all that I need to do for today, and I have no more schedules."

Key sighed and made a face at her. "Fine. Will I ever win over you?"

She jumped on her seat as she cheered and went to Key's side to hug him. "Kibummie you're the best! Don't worry I won't let you be alone here."

"What?", Key asked, confused. But Yerin just simply walked to her desk, making herself look innocent. She took her bag and her phone.

"Yah! What do you m--", Key's question was cut off when the door of the office opened and Jisoo with a very bright smile came in.

"Annyeong! I'm already here~", she cheerfully greeted.

Key's eyes went wide and his head immediately snapped on Yerin who was already near the door, ready to come out. She chuckled and waved her hands.

"Told yah. I won't let you be alone. You two, enjoy. BYE~", she said continuously and she didn't even wait for Key's reply. She quickly slid herself out and shut the door before she can even hear complains from him.

She happily skipped on her way to the parking lot, greeting everyone she would be passing by. She was feeling light and happy, anticipating on their date like it's their first time, so the moment she got in her car, she dialed Jonghyun's number.

"Yes babe?", the call was immediately picked up by Jonghyun, not even letting it ring more than twice.

"Key oppa let me off. Shall I just go there to your office?", she asked, starting her car.

"Yeah, that'd be better. I'm actually still out for a meeting but it's almost over so you can just wait for me there."

"Alright. Be quick, okay? I'll be going now."

"Yeah. Bye.", Jonghyun said. She was about to end the call already when he called her again.

"Yerin..."

"Yes?", she asked.

There was silence for a few seconds before Jonghyun talked again. "I love you.", he said softly, but just enough for her to hear.

"You're getting cheesier Jonghyun. I love you too. Bye now.", she chuckled before finally ending the call. Her smile, which didn't leave on her lips in the first place, got even wider as she grew more excited, and now, she's already thinking she really weird for being excited for something that has almost become a routine. She just shook her head with a smile, threw her phone on the passenger seat, then started driving.


 

-------------


 

The phone on the desk of Jonghyun's secretary rang and the secretary left the papers she was arranging to immediately pick it up.

"Yoboseyo?", she asked.

"It's me.", Jonghyun said on the other line and her secretary already recognized his voice. "SeRi, I'm still in a meeting so just let Yerin in my office when she arrives. Accommodate her."

"Okay sir. When did I not took care of Miss Yerin when she's here?", her secretary spoke comfortably.

"Yeah I know. She'll be there soon. I'll hang up now."

SeRi smiled and put the phone's receiver down, then she went back to sorting files, together with a new intern who just came that day.

"Who's Miss Yerin?", the intern asked.

"Sir Jonghyun's girlfriend. They're actually getting married soon,", SeRi explained with a squeal and the intern just laughed along with her as she haven't met Yerin yet. They continued with their conversation when SeRi got called from the intercom, and she was asked to come to another department for errands. She immediately stood up and remembering about Yerin's arrival, she instructed the intern about it.

"I'll be gone for a while. Remember, SIr Jonghyun's girlfriend is coming. Just let her in his office and accommodate her well."

The intern nodded and took note of that in her mind.

Minutes have passed when a woman came in front of that desk where the intern have been sitting, and she called her attention.

"Excuse me. Is Jonghyun in his office?", the woman asked.

The inter looked at her and without being obvious, she scanned her from head to toe. The woman looks decent, nice and also pretty but she thought that it wasn't that striking at all, just plain, normal prettiness which contrasted to her thought of the appearance of her new boss's girlfriend. But paying respect, she didn't questioned his preference anymore. She stood up from her seat and bowed politely.

"Annyeonghaseyo Ma'am.", she greeted. The woman greeted back and just then she noticed that the woman has a kid with her.

"Annyeonghaseyo. Is Jonghyun there?", the woman repeated her question from earlier.

"Sir is out for a meeting, but he said you can just go straight to his office and wait for him there?"

"He said that?", the woman got a little confused and disbelieving. The intern nodded and led her, together with the little boy she was with, to Jonghyun's office. She let them in and made them sit.

"Do you need something Ma'am?", she asked, remembering SeRi's instruction to her to accommodate the woman well.

"Uh... No, thanks. We're fine here.", The woman said uncomfortably.

She smiled and bowed once again before leaving the two in the office and heading back to the desk she was positioned earlier.


 

----------

Yerin finally arrived at the building. She entered with a sigh because she could have arrived much earlier if not because of the heavy traffic. But then she immediately put on her smile when she came to the secretary's desk.

"Annyeong SeRi.", she greeted the girl sitting there.

"Miss Yerin!". SeRi, who seemed to be shocked to see her there, looked up at her with a confused face then she looked at the other girl on her side, who seemed to be new there because she haven't seen her before.

"I thought....", she furrowed her brows, talking to the other girl, while pointing to the direction of Jonghyun's office. The new girl just looked back at SeRi with the same confused face.

"Uhm Why? Is there something wrong?", Yerin asked, shifting her eyes between the two girls in front of her.

SeRi looked at her. "Actually, Ma'am, I wasn't here earlier so I instructed her, our intern, to let you in, as to what Sir told me. And she said you already arrived earlier and you're already in the office."

"Me?", she pointed at herself. "But I just arrived. I'm a bit late than expected, actually.", She said and also being confused.

"Sorry. I didn't know. I'm really sorry.", the new girl bowed.

Seri then sighed. "Then who was in there? I'm sorry Ma'am i didn't get to check who really came earlier because I'm busy."

"It's okay. I'll just go in and check who was there. But you better tell Jonghyun someone came, it might be someone important.", she said and smiled at the two. Then she walked her way to the office.

The situation earlier was quite confusing but what she can't understand is why there is a hint of nervousness hitting her as she approach the closed door of the office. She doesn't even know who was in there but there is something uncomfortable for her about what is happening and what was waiting for her inside there.

She finally reached the door and slowly turned the knob, the door making a slight creaking sound as she pushes it open. When it was completely open, what caught her sight was an unfamiliar woman, sitting on the couch on the corner and a little boy walking around.

"Excuse me...", she called their attention.

The woman's head immediately snapped on her direction as she heard her voice then quickly stood up to bow at her. She bowed back and when they had an eye contact, the woman got visibly frozen, looking at her, for a reason she doesn't know.

"Uhm excuse me. You're waiting for Jonghyun, right?", she asked politely.

The woman just blinked at her and she didn't even notice if the woman had moved her head a little to nod for a simple respond, or not. She waited for her to talk but instead, the little boy came in front of her.

"Annyeonghaseyo!", the boy greeted cheerfully. She also greeted and smiled down to him.

"Uhm noona, you said 'jonghyun'...",the boy said. The woman behind her finally managed to move, stepping closer to the boy but before she can even hold him, the boy continued his sentence.

"Do you know my appa? Is he coming now? We're waiting here for a long long long time.",

Yerin blinked at the boy and there was something that suddenly bumped her heart. "A-Appa? Jonghyun appa?"

She saw the boy nodded but before he can talk, the woman carried him and had him facing backwards.

She swears, she was sure, she saw the boy nodded, meaning that she didn't just mishear him calling Jonghyun as his 'appa'. Her heart was beating fast as her eyes landed on the woman, meeting her eyes which seemed to project panic and fear.

"Jonghyun is his father?", she asked in a cold tone, her eyes not loosing contact with the other's eyes. She was trying to be calm and patient while waiting for an answer but the woman just bit her lips, trying to avoid her sharp eyes. She grew impatient, not getting the answer.

"IS JONGHYUN THAT KID'S FATHER??", She yelled, clenching her fist. The woman flinched in shock, not expecting to hear such loud voice from someone who looks gentle as her. And being left with no other choice, she hesitantly nodded.


 

--------------


 

Jonghyun didn't care where in his car will his phone after just throwing it off his hands immediately when the call form his secretary ended. She called to say that there's someone who came ahead of Yerin in the office and the intern let her in, and now they are all there in his office.

He sped up his car, honking at every car that would be blocking his way. He would curse at every red light he would be passing as it will make him stop. He didn't care about the others on the same road as him, all he cares is getting at his office as soon as possible. If he has to make his car fly he will. It is because he knows and he was so sure who came to his office ahead of Yerin. Definitely, it was Hyejin. and worst, the intern said that woman that came was with a little boy.

He seriously wants to strangle that intern, get her out of his company and never ever give her a chance to have a job. But that wasn't his concern for now, lucky for her. He needs to get to Yerin first and explain everything. This day was supposed to be the day when he would be telling everything to her, from the beginning until recent, but on his greatest misfortune, such unexpected situation has to happen and it'll just make everything worse.

When he got in front of the building, he didn't even mind to park his car properly, it's his space anyway. He just got out of the car and run inside. But he still hasn't got in the elevator, he already saw Yerin walking towards his direction. By the look in her face, and having Hyejin trying her best to follow her, he already knows he was too late.

He stopped walking when they got near to each other. Yerin finally saw him and her sharp but dark eyes landed on him.

"Yerin...", he called her and tried to catch her hand but she moved her arm to avoid his touch and just passed by him, not saying a single word. His heart got an immediate stab because of that act of ignoring him. It's a sign of something big and miserable that was starting between them.

He saw Hyejin already stopped from running when she saw him and she looked at him with panic in her eyes. Then he turned his head to Yerin, seeing her already got out and getting in her car. He looked back again to Hyejin again, his mind getting blank on what should he do. Finally, after letting out a harsh sigh, he turned and ran fast to catch up to Yerin. He came late and her car already started moving so he got in his car fast and drove at full speed, following Yerin.


 

When Yerin arrived in front of her house, she slammed the door of her car as soon as she went down from it. Her breathing is heavy like she's running out of oxygen, but it got even heavier when she saw Jonghyun's car recklessly parked behind hers, then Jonghyun came out.

She didn't wait for him to call her anymore and she went straight inside house. Not wanting to let Jonghyun follow her inside, she attempted to close the door the moment she got in but Jonghyun's moves was faster than hers. He held onto the door, and prevented it from closing using his arms, then he managed to get in.

Yerin doesn't want to take a look at him so she turned around and was about to walk away but Jonghyun grabbed her arms, and his grip was tight.

"Yerin.", he called her while pulling her arm to make her face him but Yerin is trying to be stiff.

"Yerin, let's talk.", he grabbed her other arm and he forcefully made her face him. Yerin's expression was stiff because of too much emotion on it but what stood out is the pain that was all over her and that was what Jonghyun fears the most.

With clenched fist, she looked at Jonghyun's hands gripping on both of her wrists then she looked up at his face, with dark eyes. "Talk what? Shall I congratulate you for having your own son?"

"I'm so sorry. Please just listen to me. Let me explain.", he begged to her, holding her wrist firmly because anytime, he knows she will get away. But then, he felt the pain more than he could ever bare when he saw tears making its way out of her eyes and rolling down her face.

She sobbed as more tears flow down from her eyes. "Explain what Jonghyun? That the kid was nothing but an accident? You didn't mean to bring him to life? Is that how you would start your story?", she cried more.

Jonghyun let go of his wrist and hug her but she pushed him away and took a step backwards. "Don't you dare come close. I don't want you near me."

Jonghyun sighed heavily and he had no choice but to stand in a distance from her even though he's dying to just watch her cry. "I'm gonna start my story that way because that's the truth."

"Sh*t. Damn that story!", she yelled in between sobs.

Jonghyun got taken aback, hearing such a harsh word from her. She never cursed like that in front of him. He felt really miserable, knowing that he made her do that. He wasn't able to speak as Yerin cry hard in front of him. Her sobs are getting louder as she buries her face in her palms. He was having a hard time just watching her in that state and he is always used to comforting her so his body moved closer to her then he engulfed her in his arms but once again Yerin fought.

"I said don't come near me!", she yelled then looked up at him with puffy, hurting eyes. "All these years, I trusted you so much. Then here, I'm going to find out that you have a son as old as we are together."

"Yerin, I didn't mean to hide it from you. I swear I just found out about it lately. I'm not even aware that I have him. I barely know that woman either."

Yerin chuckled bitterly. "What do I expect? You never cared about those women that come and go. You're amazingly irresponsible, Jonghyun. Just wow."

"If you would just listen to me, it would be better.", he grabbed her wrist and his voice unconsciously rose.

Yerin's eyes sharply glared at him because of his tone. Though tears would still escape from his eyes, anger is very visible on her face. Anger for whom she believed as irresponsible and a liar. He actually never lied to her before so it was more painful to know that this time, he did.

"Get out.", she commanded. She dettached Jonghyun's hand on her wrist and as she does, droplets of her tears would land on their hand.

"No, please. Let's talk first and fix this.", Jonghyun held her hands but she just detached it also and she started to push him out of the house.

"We're not gonna fix this and I don't think we'll still be able to. Just get out. Take responsibility to whatever you need to be responsible with.", she tried her best to talk as is being blocked by sobs. She still continued to push Jonghyun until he was already out the door. Jonghyun can actually move against Yerin's push and make himself stay but seeing her tears and her great will to make him leave immediately, he can't do it. He knows that, him, being there, hurts Yerin more and if leaving makes his pains less, he would.

"Yerin...", he called her, begging once again, but to no avail because Yerin already slammed the door closed.

Feeling no strength at all, Yerin leaned her on the door she closed. Her hand voluntarily went up to to suppress her cry hoping that it would stop but nothing happened. Hearing her own sob just makes her feel the pain more, thus, making her weaker.

She hadn't had the chance to prepare for this kind of pain because she never imagined that Jonghyun would ever dare to make her feel it. He have taken care of her so much that she had forget that there's this kind of pain that exists, she almost have forgotten about it.

Suddenly, the little boy's image flashed in her mind. She didn't know what to do know, and her mind isn't on it's good condition. She can't even understand the whole situation she was going through. A part of her, earlier, was silently hoping that Jonghyun would at least deny it but he never did. All he wants to do is explain, meaning, everything she found out is true and he wants her to understand, which she cannot do because it's the most painful for her. To hear everything, and to hear that Jonghyun can never be completely hers anymore.