23: SIGNS?

Tied To A Dino (My SLY Fox SEQUEL)

Oh my gosh.

 

Yerin blinked a few times while staring at the calendar, then later on, she recount the days, worried that she's just being fooled by her own dumbness.

But NO. She kept getting the same number even after repeating the count over and over.

According to what she had discovered her body isn't normal. Her monthly period is already two weeks delayed and she's seriously puzzled why. She also observed herself, everything feels normal, except for the dizziness that she just realized that she has been feeling for the past days but she was ignoring it.

She left in front of the calendar, with confusion, to continue dressing up and after she had slipped on the last part of her office attire, she glanced at Jonghyun who was still laying on their bed, mouth opened a little and a cute little snore from him can be heard. She smiled at the sight in front of her, and unknowingly, she had forgotten the confusion she has for a while.

Yerin walked to the bed and sat at the edge. Jonghyun shifted position, facing her direction, but he's still asleep.

"Wake up, you snoring dino~", she shook his body but he's just groaning as a response. She leaned her upper body closer to him then she started pinching his nose.

"Yah I'm going to prepare breakfast already. You should get up and shower now."

As another response from him, he moved his arms then wrapped it around her, making her fall on his chest, but his eyes are still closed.

"Aishhh Jjong.", Yerin rolled his eyes and because they really need to get up since they still need to work, she brought her hands out of being wrapped by Jonghyun's arm and up to his face. It landed to his cheek then her finger pinched hard on it. Jonghyun's eyes immediately fluttered open as he yelped in pain, Yerin still not letting go of his cheek.

"Are you awake now?"

"Y-Yeah.", he cried with a funny expression on his face.

That's when Yerin freed his cheek. She chuckled as she watched Jonghyun massage his face but he looks like he was about to cry so she leaned close to him.

"Did I pinch too hard?", she asked worriedly as she checks his cheek and there was a red mark left there.

"It hurts.", Jonghyun pouted.

"Omo. I'm sorry.", she bit her lower lip out of guilt while massaging his cheek gently with her thumb, then she leaned a little bit more closer to kiss it.

"I'm sorry.", she mumbled again. "Does it still hurt?

He nodded again with a pout. "You're too harsh."

"I'm so sorry.", she apologized once again while rubbing his face gently, then she leaned in again for another peck on his cheek.

"Awww. The other side hurts too.", he cried holding the other side of his face. "... And here too...", he added, pointing on his lips.

The apologetic look from Yerin's face vanished and got replaced by a poker face. She sat straight and stared down to Jonghyun. "Oh... Do you want those to hurt for real?", she raised her eyebrow.

Jonghyun grinned. "Whatever. Just give me my kiss.", he said then suddenly pulled Yerin down again, leaning over him, and her lips landed exactly on top of his. Those lips were very welcoming that it managed to deepen the kiss within just a second, but Yerin doesn't mind at all. Nope.

But she was the one who has to pull back first because she knows, if she didn't, there's a big chance that they might not get on their own offices on time.

"Okay...", she stood up. "You better take a shower now while I prepare breakfast."

Jonghyun pouted and groaned at the loss but Yerin shook her head in finality before she went out of the room, leaving Jonghyun frustratedly rolling on the bed.

 

 

As she was staring at the soup she was waiting to boil, she got reminded of the thing she had discovered just a while ago. She observed and felt her own body. She's feels a little dizzy and drowsy but more ease than when she just woke up and that's all. She thinks everything is fine so she can't understand why her period is delayed.

"Hey the soup is already boiling!"

She was snapped back to reality by hearing Jonghyun's voice. She didn't notice that he's already beside her and the stove has already been turned off by him.

"Why were you daydreaming in front of the stove? What if you got hurt?", Jonghyun scolded her.

"I was just thinking.", she said then reached for a bowl to transfer the soup. Jonghyun took it from her and he carried the hot soup to the table where they sat to start their breakfast.

"What were you thinking?", Jonghyun asked as they eat.

Yerin looked up at him and weighed whether she'd tell him or not. She doesn't know how to tell him because even she, herself, can't really understand what's going on with her. If she would tell him about her dizziness, she's perfectly sure that he would be scolding her hard and worst, she won't be allowed to work for days. She can't afford that since she has projects that she has to finish.

"N-Nothing...", she mumbled.

Jonghyun looked at her, suspecting but in the end, he accepted her answer but he kept observing her. She was quiet and it's unusual. Then he remembered the last topic they talked about last night and it might be the reason.

"Is it still about what we talked about having a baby?", he asked, eyeing at her.

Yerin bowed her head down upon hearing that topic again. "N-not that.", she mumbled.

Jonghyun chose not to go further with that topic anymore and just remained silent, knowing that it saddens Yerin. But she still kept observing her since she's really quiet and he thinks something is wrong with her. She was just bowing her head down and she wasn't eating properly, seeing that her plate is still almost full, considering that they're sitting there for 15 minutes already.

"Yerin what's wrong? You weren't eating much.", he asked worriedly, reaching out for her hand.

"Oh...", she looked at her plate. "I just don't feel like eating breakfast...", she said because that what she is really feeling. Weird because she's someone who really likes breakfast out of any meal of the day.

"Are you okay?", he brought his hand to her forehead. Luckily, her temperature was fine.

"I'm okay don't worry.", she gave a smile of assurance to him.

"But--"

"I'm okay.", Yerin said to cut what he was about to say.

He can't do anything anymore but just sigh. "Fine. But let me drive you to your office. I'm worried."

She just nodded to agree.

 

-----------------------

 

They arrived at the building and was greeted by everyone as they head to her office room.

"Looking good Sir Jjong~", Soojin, her secretary, greeted.

"Oh I know.", Jonghyun accepted her compliment whole heartedly and with full confidence. Like if he had a long hair, he would probably flip it diva-ishly.

Yerin just raised her eyebrow, looking at Jonghyun as they head to her office. Her husband's conceitedness never fades.

When they finally got there and opened the door, they both took a step back as an immediate reaction on seeing such sight. Jisoo being trapped between Key's body, who is in front of her, and Key's desk on her back.

"Uhm excuse me?", she spoke to interrupt the two. Key looked at her in a way like it was a big sin to enter the office. Jisoo gently pushed him away, giggling, and sat on the chair in front of Key's desk.

She chuckled seeing the two. How they ended up being together was another long story but to cut it short, they were also like cats and dogs until one day, Jisoo decided to come back to London then Key suddenly decided to go after her, and when they came back, that's it.

"Less PDA please.", Jonghyun teased Key while he's putting Yerin's things that he carried for her on her desk.

Key made a face. "Compared to you and Yerin's PDA, that's totally nothing."

Yerin laughed at Key's remark then she excused herself, together with Jisoo, to get coffee, leaving Jonghyun and Key inside.

"So what's up? You haven't been here for the past weeks.", Key said, sitting on his office chair.

"Nothing I just drove for Yerin... cause you know I was kinda worried.", he explained.

"Worried? Why?", Key tilted his head sidewards out of curiosity.

"I think she's sick but she wasn't telling me anything.", he said. Key slowly nodded, taking what he said.

Remembering that he still has appointment for that morning, Jonghyun checked on his wristwatch then stood up.

"Can you look after her for today? And try to observe her condition.", he requested.

"Of course, I will. Even if you don't tell me.", Key took note of that on his mind then Jonghyun left slightly feeling secured knowing that Key will take care of Yerin while he is not with her.

 

 

-------------------------

 

Key slammed his hand on Yerin's desk which caused her to jump on her seat out of shock.

"YAH! WHY?!", she yelled at Key.

"You're too concentrated in front of your computer. I think you're not even blinking.", Key said and sat on Yerin's desk.

She sighed. "I'm about to finish this work so that's why."

"Well, you have the other half of the day to finish that. But for now let's go.", he jumped of from her desk.

"Where?", Yerin asked, tilting her head sideward.

"It's already lunch time, if you're not aware. We don't want to skip lunch, do we?"

"Aren't you going to eat with Jisoo today?", she asked again.

"Well, she has some appointments today. And besides, Jonghyun hyung asked me to look after you. So let's go and we're gonna have lunch.", Key wrapped up their getting-long conversation by pulling her up from her sit, getting her bag for her, and dragging her out of the office.

 

They ended up in Yerin's favorite restaurant hoping that she'd eat well for lunch because Jonghyun told Key that she didn't ate much breakfast. Luckily, it worked and she's filling up her stomach well.

"I'm gonna be praised by your husband for this.", Key said, watching Yerin eat well. Then suddenly her phone rang.

"Ne?", Yerin answered the phone while wiping with napkin.

"Are you eating now?", Jonghyun asked from the other line.

"Yeah, I'm eating with Key."

"She's actually pigging out, don't worry.", Key talked loud to be heard on the phone.

Jonghyun chuckled. "Oh so you're eating well now. What's the matter with you this morning?"

"I don't know either. I felt dizzy and I don't feel like eating. But I'm fine now so nothing to worry about.", Yerin assured.

"I knew it, you're sick. You were dizzy and you didn't told me? You said you're fine."

"I'm not sick, okay? I just got dizzy and I'm fine now."

"Tch. Arasseo. Just don't overwork, okay? No overtime.", he commanded.

"Yeah.", she answered then turned to Key. "Boss said 'No overtime' .", she repeated to him to which Key nodded to.

"Just take care okay? I need to hung up now. Bye. Love you.".

"Yeah. Bye.", she answered then the line went dead. She put her phone down and get back to eating.

"You know, sometimes I get confused if Hyung is your husband or your mother...", Key said.

"I get confused too, at times.", she chuckled.

While eating her eyes were wandering around the restaurant since there are a lot of diners at that time. Solo diners, couples and mostly, families. Her eyes would get stuck on children being fed by their parents and she can't help feeling envy.

"Hey...", Key called her, noticing the change in her expression. He traced the direction on where she was staring and found out the reason.

"You know, oppa, I'm not rushing anything and I know I have to be patient on waiting but there really are times when I can't help feeling envy and feeling pressured at the same time, seeing these kids around me.", Yerin openly shared her thoughts to him since she considers Key as her bestfriend.

"Aren't you feeling any signs yet?", Key asked cautiously, so he can avoid offending her.

"Signs like what?", she asked back.

"I don't know. I'm a man, duh? You should be the one knowing it."

"How would I know? I haven't been pregnant before.", She huffed and get back to eating.

Key stared at her as she eats. He didn't say more because Yerin might be a little sensitive of that topic and he might ruin her mood.

'Aigoo. This girl... That's why we have this thing called research...',, ,he spoke in his mind and took note to himself to help her do some research when he found time.

 

-------------------------

 

 

The room was already bright and Yerin got woken up by that. She rolled on the bed but the person she was expecting to see wasn't there. She looked at the clock placed on the bedside table and found out that it's already 8am. Jonghyun probably already left for work.

It's still weekday but she isn't going to their office today since she already finished the project she was working on for the past weeks and Key gave her a rest day, and it was surely suggested by Jonghyun.

She stood up from the bed and did some stretching. She was about to get out of the room but she ended up running back in again to go to the bathroom because she feels like throwing up. She let it all out in the bathroom and when she already felt relief, she freshen up herself first before going out of the room.

She's dizzy again, and she feels it often and she's worried that it might be some sort of sickness that why she agreed to take a break from work even for a day. She doesn't want to be ill, of course.

When she went downstairs, she heard noises from the kitchen so she ran there to check and she was surprised to see Jonghyun still there, preparing breakfast.

Jonghyun saw her went in. "Good morning baby.", he welcomed her with a tight hug and a kiss on her forehead.

"Why are you still here?", she asked.

"I have to prepare breakfast for you first before I leave.", he said and lead her to the table where her breakfast is served.

"Do you still feel dizzy?", Jonghyun asked, standing beside her chair, feeling the temperature from her forehead.

"A little bit, when I woke up. But now I'm fine."

"Shall we go to the doctor?", he asked worriedly.

Yerin chuckled. "No need. If I felt something serious, I'll tell you right away."

Jonghyun cannot insist anymore and just sighed. "Okay...oh", he remembered something. "By the way, Sodam noona just called, she will be coming today with Hyejin and Minki."

"Really?", her face brightened.

"Yeah so just wait for them since you're not going anywhere. And I'm sorry I can't join you on breakfast because I really have to leave now.", Jonghyun said apologetically as he bends down to kiss her on her cheek. Yerin nodded to give permission for him to go but he looked at her like he's the one against of going.

"I said I'm already feeling fine, and unni will be here soon so you can leave now.", Yerin chuckled and stood up from her chair to push him so he'd start walking away and he knows he can't protest anymore so he just left.

Yerin closed the front door after Jonghyun's car drove away then he headed to the dining table to proceed on eating again. Good thing she has the appetite for breakfast that morning, unlike the past days.

Being alone in their house as she was right now, she felt a certain emptiness. she started to wonder what is it like if she has a child that she has to feed and play with. She unknowingly looked down at her tummy. It's flat and no signs of any bump.

'How would I know if I am pregnant?'

She remembered what Key asked her last time, about the signs. She wanted to back slap herself for not knowing anything about it. 'Do you expect that one day you'll just wake up that you already have a big tummy?', she mocked herself for thinking about it.

By that, she ate fast so that she can do some research since she's not busy anymore and she has all the time. After washing the dishes, she went to their room to get her laptop then went down again to settle herself on the couch in the living room. But before she can even open her internet browser, the doorbell rang.

She can already here tiny but loud voices of children behind the front door and she was already certain of who were the visitors. She excitedly ran to open the door for them.

"Auntie Yerin~!", Minki yelled cheerfully as soon as she saw them, then it was followed the Subin's squeal.

"Omo, you guys.", She scooted down to Minki's level to hug him and also Subin.

"You kids are so loud.", Hyejin commented.

"Better continue your heart-touching reunion inside.", Sodam said and was the one who led them inside.

Hyejin and Sodam headed straight to the living room but Yerin, together with the two kids, went to the kitchen first, letting the kids raid their stock cabinet and refrigerator for some treats. Then they came to the living room with cupcakes, chocolates and drinks.

"Aigoo. This is why these kids loves you so much, you're spoiling them.", Sodam said.

She chuckled and join the two ladies on the couch. Her eyes went to Hyejin, she looks very happy now and she's also happy for her that she and Donghae finally reached some understandings and at the end, realized that they're really meant to have a family together. Now they're married, with Minki with them, of course.

"Hey how was your month-long vacation slash honeymoon in Japan?", she asked Hyein since they just came back.

"It was perfect. How about you? How have you been?"

"Work is really stressing. I'm actually not feeling well these past days.", she answered with a sigh.

"Not feeling well?", Sodam repeated, to ask.

"Yeah. Dizziness, drowsiness--"

"JINJJA??", the two asked loudly in chorus.

"Uh yeah?", she looked at them weirdly. "What's with the reaction?"

"Tell me more. What else do you feel? Anything weird?", Sodam interrogated.

"So yeah, dizziness, drowsiness... uhh loss of appetite sometimes...", she enumerated and the two were listening really well, waiting for her next words.

"Oh! and one weird thing.", she remembered something.

"What?", the girls came closer to her.

She looked at them. "Delayed period. I think it's about three weeks already. It's weird right?"

Sodam and Hyejin's eyes widened and they were speechless for seconds, afterwards they squealed in unison.

"OMG. Don't you know what is it?", Hyejin squealed.

"No. What?", she asked innocently.

"Gosh Yerin. How can you not know? Are you even a girl? Those are signs!", Sodam exclaimed.

"Signs?", she asked but her heart skipped a beat, remembering Key's words.

"You might be pregnant! Why aren't you checking? Omygosh. You should see a doctor soon.", Sodam said with overflowing feels.

Yerin wasn't able to talk nor react. She was still waiting for everything to sink in her and for her mind to process it all. 'Did I just hear them say I'm pregnant?'

Forget about research. What's a better source of information than woman who have experience pregnancy themselves.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

UPDATE~

I'm so thankful to know that I still have readers after the hiatus. Thank you to those who welcomed me back :) I AM ENJOYING READING YOUR COMMENT AND MESSAGES ^^

twitter: @JJmyun
instagram: joochanjinkim