25: He'll Be Here Soon

Tied To A Dino (My SLY Fox SEQUEL)

Key was cautious and observant while following Yerin as they walk their way to their office. Since that morning, for him, she is like a noise-and-motion-sensitive bomb that Jonghyun passed to his care, just a little wrong move, she'll definitely explode and everything will be doomed.

They walk past on some of their staffs, they greeted them and Yerin will just reply with a nod which is not so likely her. They're nearing the office and Key was about to sigh in relief that they'll be entering safe until he saw Soojin nearing.

"Good morning ma'am~", she cheerfully greeted in front of them. Key had noticed the different spark in her eyes as she looks at Yerin.

'Gosh. She definitely knew about it... please don't mention it.. just please.', he silently prayed.

Yerin greeted back her secretary plainly, and now he is praying for Soojin to just accept that greetings and just let them off without mentioning something.

But Soojin wasn't aware of the whole situation.

"Ma'am~ I heard you are--"

"Soojin.", Key called her to cut her off and she looked at him confused. Yerin's face darkened as she know what was the next words that will come out of her secretaries mouth.

"You should enter the office now.", he told Yerin. Luckily without any word, she just complied.

He waited until the office door completely closed flat before he faced Soojin again.

"Listen carefully. I know you heard about Yerin's 'pregnancy' thing but please, do not ever ever EVER mention it. Just forget about that. We do want a peaceful working place, don't we?"

She looked at him with confusion. "Why sir? Is there a problem?"

Key sighed. "False alarm."

That short answer is already enough for Soojin to understand the whole situation. She nodded and chose to be quiet as she walk back to her working area.

 

 

Yerin just carelessly dropped her things on her desk then she immediately sat back on her office chair. Seeing the pile of paperworks she needs to do, she felt like not working but she needs to keep herself busy than repeatedly remembering that frustrating thing that happened.

She and Jonghyun already had a talk and they've reach an understanding already last night but she cannot help herself from feeling bad about it.

Good thing Jonghyun took the responsibility of explaining to those people who assumed and anticipated with them that there's really nothing to expect and be happy for. It was all just because her freaking body is unhealthy.

The door suddenly opened and Key came in. She wordlessly just watch him place his things on top of his own desk but instead of sitting on his own office chair, he went to sit on the chair in front of her desk.

"Are you alright?", he asked.

"Yes, I'm fine."

"You sure?", he asked again, for assurance.

Yerin rolled her eyes. "I said I'm fine. What do you want to hear from me?"

"I was just trying to say that you don't have to work for now. The doctor said you should rest and that's what you should be doing now instead of being here.", he said without his diva tone as he's trying to sound nice for Yerin.

"We have loads of works, see?", she pointed at the stack of folders on her table.

"It doesn't necessarily have to be you doing those works. That's why I'm here, and our secretaries and staffs. You already finished a big project days ago, remember?"

"Can you just let me do what I want. This will be better than me being alone in our house." she said with bitterness.

"Then just--"

"Kibum just shut up okay? I'm not feeling well, I don't feel energized enough to argue with you and I am sick of hearing 'doctor said this and that'. I know what I need to do, just let me.", Yerin stood up and headed to the mini kitchen inside their office, Key left with nothing to do but follow her with his eyes.

Worry is all over his face while looking at the path she walked on. She wasn't this stubborn before, she might be really affected of what happened. He understands that it hurt her a lot and it may take long before she can get over the sadness the false alarm had caused her.

 

 

---------------------

 

 

He checked himself on the mirror for the nth time. His hair is messy.... just perfect, his face is fresh and clean... as always. Comfortable clothes, just a simple pants and a black wife-beater.

'I look really y in black.', he smiled to himself.

It was actually just a normal day to spend in their house because it's weekend but he made sure that he looks perfect. Of course, he'd be spending the whole day with his wife... and the plan is to.... kinda tame her with his charm.

It's been weeks since that 'false alarm' happened. He thought she'd be alright after he talked to her that night but she just became really sensitive even over little things. Days passed, she became really grumpy, and lately, became moody.

Jonghyun had actually made the couch his sleeping buddy this past nights as Yerin would always get mad at him, specially when the words from the doctor are slipping from his mouth. She hated it.

He grabbed the bottle of his cologne that Yerin loves and sprayed generous amount on him as a finishing touch for that morning. 'Perfect.'

Before he can go out of the room, his eyes went on the bed where there's Yerin laptop, turned off but still flipped open. He reminded himself to convince her again to take a short leave from work for her to feel better.

He then went out and headed straight to their kitchen where Yerin is preparing their breakfast. He found her standing behind the kitchen counter and mixing something in a bowl.

"Good morning~", he whispered lovingly as he bear hugged Yerin from behind.

"Oh my, what's that smell is it you?!"

'Assa! I know you love this scent.', Jonghyun thought, unable to hide his proud smile.

She sniffed and brought her nose closer to Jonghyun, but opposite from what he believes, her face got crumpled as soon as she confirmed that the smell was from him.

"Argh. It's really you. Get off me! You smell horrible.", she escaped from his hug by pushing him then she took a step back.

Jonghyun's mouth was left open from disbelief. "Wae? This is your favorite cologne of mine. You love this.", he whined.

"It smells different to me this time. Oh god, it's really terrible.", she said and rolled her eyes like she was really hating it.

Jonghyun was standing there with a complete despair on his face. He failed first thing in the morning. He didn't even get a morning greeting from her and he was completely lost thinking why the cologne 'smells different' to her. He tried hugging her again but she sent a warning look so he ended up watching her cook from the other side of the counter.

"Why are you doing this to me?", he asked pouting leaning over the kitchen counter.

"What am I doing?", she raised an eyebrow while still mixing the pancake batter in the bowl.

"You're being mad at me for no reason at all.", he whined.

She sighed. "You're irritating.", she rolled her eyes then turned around to start cooking on the stove.

Jonghyun just made face and continue watching Yerin as she cooks then his face softened, looking at her. For him, she's still the loveliest even when she's being cold and being mean.

"Babe, you look pale.", Jonghyun said when he noticed. She just glanced at him for a while then get back to cooking, ignoring what he said.

Jonghyun sighed. "I think you're not feeling well."

"I know where this conversation is leading again. For the nth time you're going to ask me to take a leave from work.", she said bluntly without looking at him.

"It's because you really need it. I'm not asking you to totally abandon the company. Even a week or maybe a month will do."

"No.", she said in finality.

"Why are you being this stubborn?", his voice raised a bit. He's not mad but he just wanted to catch Yerin's attention by sounding authoritative. "All I want is for you to take a rest but you keep on opposing. I can't even understand why you don't want to do it."

"So now, you're shouting at me?", she left what she is cooking to face him.

"I am not. I just--"

"Gosh. Just shut up. I just don't want to do it, okay? You better just go far from me 'cause you're seriously irritating!", Yerin shouted then completely turned her back on Jonghyun to continue cooking.

Jonghyun's shoulders fell that he failed again on convincing her again. She had become really stubborn and grumpy these past days and he wondered if it's still because of that false alarm. He just decided to quietly wait for the breakfast to be done because he knows it won't do any good if he'll keep on convincing Yerin.

 

When Yerin was done cooking the pancakes, she placed it in two plates then brought it to the table, where Jonghyun is quietly waiting. She put the plate down heavily in front of him then glared at him before getting the two cups of coffee she prepared and placed it as well on the table.

She started eating while on the other hand, Jonghyun was doubtful on eating what was in front of him. Since he tasted that Ramen that he made for him before, he always doubts the food she would serve him whenever she's mad. [a/n: remember that?]

He looked suspiciously at her then to the pancakes on his plate. It looks normal though... but it better to be sure.

"I won't fall for this again.", he pushed the plate away from him.

She glared at him. "Then don't eat it.", she pulled the plate and placed it farther away from him.

"Really. I won't.", he said then just chose to settle with a cup of coffee. He took a sip.

 

 

 

But that was also made by her...

 

 

As soon as the taste of the coffee occurred on his tongue, his eyes widened. He wanted to spit it out but it will be gross so even if it seems like he's going to die, he swallowed it. It tastes like a coffee extracted from beans harvested from the sea. His mouth became dry because of the saltiness.

Yerin shrugged. "Don't eat this pancakes.", she said then ate the pancakes from his plate, which he thought was the 'not normal' ones.

"Thanks for the breakfast.", he said sarcastically.

"You're most welcome.", Yerin flashed a fake smile which the immediately faded.

She watched as Jonghyun stood up to get water. She wanted to laugh but she still feels irritated by him, and that's for a reason she's not certain about. Mood swings? She's not sure.

 

 

----------------

 

"Done.", Jonghyun suddenly popped up in front of her, blocking her view of the TV. He just came from the kitchen. He probably just finished cooking for lunch, she ordered him to do it.

"Good. But if you can just move aside, because I'm watching, it'll be better.", she glared, looking up at him.

He did what he was told and sat beside Yerin. He took her on his arms to cuddle with her but Yerin whined and pushed him away.

"Can you please not bother me? And you still don't smell nice for me.", she said.

He had that sly look on his face and within just a second, Yerin was pushed down to lay on the couch, hands being pinned on both sides of her head, having Jonghyun on top of her.

"Sorry but you have to endure this smell for quite long.", he smirked as he stared down directly on her eyes.

"Get off me, will you?", she growled.

He just chuckled. "You know I've been sleeping here in the couch for these past nights because you're being mad at me for reasons I can't understand. How can you even endure staying the whole night without me?", he smiled in a teasing way then brought his face down and stopped dangerously close from her face.

"Kim Jonghyun. Get off.", she said but her tone is different from what she said. It seems like she's slowly melting under Jonghyun, and also being breathless being centimeters away from his face and she can feel his breath hovering over her face.

"I doubt that that is what you want.", he chuckled ily.

*DING*

The doorbell rang. At first he ignored it wanting to believe that there is really nothing that is disturbing their precious moment. But it rang again and he almost wanted to yell and curse for being interrupted on claiming this breathless girl under him.

They both get off the couch and Yerin, laughing, was the one who walked first to check on the visitor. Frustrated Jonghyun followed behind her, calming himself so that he won't strangle anyone who is behind that door.

"Why are you taking so long on opening the door?", Donghae said as soon as the door have been opened for him. He was with Minki.

"Hyung, your timing is just really really hateful.", Jonghyun said with an 'I'm-not-amazed' look.

Donghae looked at him then to Yerin and finally he understood what he meant. He smiled embarrassedly and scratch his head. "Mianhae. I didn't mean to disturb anything but something just came up so I had to leave. Unfortunately, Hyejin has something important to attend to and that means no ones gonna take care of Minki."

"We're gonna look after Minki for today?", Yerin asked.

"Yeah... If it's not too much. I'm really sorry to bother you on your rest day.", Donghae apologized.

"No problem. We'll look after him. Are you in a hurry? It's already lunch time, you can eat with us.", She said, taking Minki from him.

"I'm really in a hurry. Thanks anyway. I'll be back real quick as soon as I finish this appointment.", he said. He then hugged and kissed Minki for goodbye and thank them once again, then left immediately.

Yerin laughed, teasing Jonghyun, after he closed the door.

"I'm not done with you Mrs. Kim.", he warned her.

 

They headed to the dining area since it's already lunch time. The three was eating together and the atmosphere at the dining table is a lot different from how it was that morning. It's bright and warm as they eat, Minki telling a lot of stories and Yerin's bright smile is endless as she feeds Minki. It actually isn't necessary because the boy can already eat alone but Yerin just enjoys taking care of him. Even he hated Donghae for a while because of his great timing, he is quite thankful to him for bringing Minki.

"Aunt Yerin~", Minki called Yerin.

"Yes sweetie?", she answered as she wipe the side of his mouth.

"Umma said you'll be a mommy soon, right? Does that mean you have a baby here", he pointed at Yerin's tummy. "Is my dongsaeng cousin coming soon?"

She wasn't able to answer right away but he forced to maintain a smile on her face. "Minki, Auntie is not--"

"Aniya.", Jonghyun cut her sentence. "Baby said he will be coming late because he's still preparing but he will be here soon.", he explained with a smile.

Yerin looked at him. She was thankful and moved by his answer, and her eyes are telling it to him. Then she get back on feeding Minki.

Looking at the picture of them eating together, they were like a happy family and it looks perfect for Jonghyun. How he wish they can experience this same scene soon, with their own child. His eyes went to Yerin... it is very visible how happy she is. Seeing how he takes care of Minki, considering that it's not even her child, he's very sure she'll be a great mother.

'God. You know how amazing this woman in in front of me is. She deserves to always wear this priceless smile on her pretty face. I know she's happy now but you can make her even happier. If you can just give us that precious angel that would complete us.'