31: Happy Birthday~

Tied To A Dino (My SLY Fox SEQUEL)

 

Yerin woke up from the ticklish feeling on her forehead. She tried to ignore it, keeping her eyes just closed but it didn't stop so even if she's still sleepy, she slowly opened her eyes. Her sight was welcomed by a chin (?), on her eye level, then the she felt ticklish on her forehead again. It took her time to realize those were actually lips bringing that feeling. She smiled and tilted her head upward and came face to face with the owner of that lips. It's Jonghyun, smiling warmly down to her as he was on his half lying, half sitting position beside her and his elbows are placed above Yerin's head.

"Good morning Umma.", he whispered, few inches away from her face. He moved a bit down from his position, elbows just beside Yerin's head so she won't be needing to tilt her head up, then leaned down to give her a kiss on her lips.

"Morning Appa.", she lovingly touched his cheek and gently grazed her thumb over it. It's been a really long time since they got tied to each other but she'd never get tired of waking up with his face on her sight.

He smiled even more warmly to her then reached down to her tummy to give it a gentle rub. "Morning Baby Kim~", then he brought his eyes back to Yerin.

"Slept well?", he asked her, swiping away some stray hairs covering his view of her face, and combing it with his fingers gently.

"Yeah. But much better if someone didn't woke me and baby up.", she jokingly squinted her eyes on him.

Jonghyun pouted. "But it was too quite and boring being up alone."

"Well, you could just—", Yerin suddenly stills, not being able to finish her sentence.

"What's wrong?", Jonghyun asked in panic. He held her cheek, making her face him, as he waited for her response. His heart thumping out of sudden rush of nervousness.

Yerin looked down to her tummy, then faced Jonghyun again, blinking. "He kicked... harder than usual."

Jonghyun's mouth formed an 'o'-shape and he blinks at her too. "Jinjja???", Yerin nodded as a response.

He quickly crawled down to her tummy's level then excitedly placed his ears on top of it, along with his hands, face looking at her direction.

"Baby, again please.", he said with a face ripping grin on his face. They paused for seconds, even his breath, as they wait for the baby's response. Seconds passed until Yerin felt a kick from inside her tummy, and she saw how Jonghyun's eyes widened at the same time.

Yerin chuckled at the sight. It wasn't the first time their baby kicked and Jonghyun felt it, but he never stops on being amazed about it. It was always new for him.

"You're right, it's stronger this time.", Jonghyun said after he felt another kick just right after the last one. He's not getting away from her tummy, instead, he made himself comfortable there by laid his head on the flat spot between the tummy and Yerin's chest, facing the baby bump. His lips were close to it so he can effortlessly kiss it again and again just by pouting his lips a bit. He rested his arms above the bump in a way like he's hugging it, and though Yerin can't see his face because Jonghyun is facing the other direction, she knows and she can feel him smiling widely.

"Hey little boy, Appa's here.", he talked, touching Yerin's tummy gently. "You're coming out really soon, right? We're all excited. We actually already bought some things that you might need when you come out. Even you're room is already prepared, of course, Umma and Appa made it really nice and comfy for you.", he chuckled softly.

Yerin chuckled too. She reached for his hair down to caress it, running her finger through the fine strands. She loves it when Jonghyun talks to their son, and he does that everytime, everyday.

"You know, because your Umma is so excited, she almost bought the whole baby store and put it in your room.", he laughed.

"Oh really? I believe that is Appa you are talking about, because I remember Appa not wanting to stop shopping for Baby Kim.", she corrected, slightly tugging a fistful of his hair as a small punishment for turning the story.

Jonghyun just laughed more. "Everything is set, it's just you we're waiting for so come out whenever you're all ready.", he gave another kiss on her tummy, then crawled up again to Yerin's level, laying on his side while leaning on his elbow.

Yerin carefully moved to also lay on her side to be face to face with Jonghyun, but not leaning on her elbow.

"Why are you brighter early this morning than usual? What's up with the mood?", she pinched his nose.

He blinked at her while staring for a moment. He looked at her bemused. "You don't know why?"

She scrunched her nose at him. "Will I ask if I know? Tch.", she rolled her eyes. Jonghyun didn't answer her and continued looking at her in the same manner so she just rolled her eyes again, as she roll herself out of the bed.

"Where are you going?", Jonghyun asked, sitting up.

"Gotta do my morning business.", she said, not looking back and heading to the bathroom.

Jonghyun cocked his head to one side as he watched her walk away. 'She didn't remember her own birthday?'

He remembered that Yerin have been forgetting about her birthday based on his past conversations with her about it. She must be really really excited about the baby's birth that she only monitors her pregnancy, not anything else outside it. He shook his head while laughing softly. 'She'd know later'

When Yerin came out of the bathroom, the bed is already fixed and neat, all done by Jonghyun.

"See? You're even extra nice today."

Jonghyun went to her and put his arm around her shoulders "Am I?"

"Yeah", Yerin turned then slipped her arms through his sides and s it around his waist, looking up at him. "Want do you want for breakfast. I'll cook for you."

Jonghyun smiled planted a quick smooch on her lips. "I'll make it for you instead."

She pouted. "But you always cook for me these past months."

"It's because I love cooking for you and I'll cook for you again today and tomorrow and the next days. Final."

It was against what Yerin wants but she can't help smiling, it's just too sweet for her to be upset. She blushed, almost melting under the loving gaze of him to her. She thought she's already immunized of Jonghyun's cheesiness but she's definitely wrong, the effect is as strong as before.

 

------------------

 

 

When Jonghyun saw Yerin's hair freely falling down to her shoulders and to the sides of her face as she eats, he went behind the chair where she is seating as she eats. He bent slightly down and started gathering her hair and pulling it back into a nice hair bun. He smoothed her hair from the front of her head to the back to finalize it then he smiled to himself. He want back to his seat, very satisfied about his work.

"I hope I do look acceptable with this bun you did.", she touched her hair, trying to look at it by rolling her eyes up.

"You look gorgeous, always."

"Really?", Yerin raised her eyebrow.

"Of course."

"Even if I get fat?", her brow raised more.

"Even that."

"Well, am I fat?

Jonghyun stilled for seconds before answering. "You're not fat. You're pregnant."

He waited for moments for her response, crossing his fingers under the table and praying silently. She dropped the bomb question again and she can detonate in a wrong word. He was holding his breath until he finally heard a giggle from her, and he felt his blood circulated again in his body.

"You already learned how to answer, huh?", Yerin grinned.

He sighed, "Well, of course. I had a lot of—err— experience?"

They both laughed at those 'experiences' he was talking about. Yerin isn't affected of it now, maybe because she's on her last month already. They continued eating until Yerin's eyes suddenly widened and her spoon stopped in front of .

'Did she finally remember?', Jonghyun thought, looking at her.

"Oh I remember.", She said and put down her spoon, "I found out that first babies don't usually follow due dates. They maybe late or early."

He stared at her, disbelieving. He thought she already remembered her birthday but no, and his conclusion was right, all she has in mind is the baby and it's birth.

"How did you know?", he asked instead as a response for her statement.

"Research, duh?", she rolled her eyes. He copied his 'duh' expression but chuckled at the end.

She smiled softly. "I want it early. But of course, he should be really ready first before coming out. I don't want any complications."

"You're really excited..." that you even forgot your birthday, he finished his sentence in his mind.

She nodded. "And you are, too."

He just smiled. 'But today, we have another birth to celebrate.'

 

 

--------------

 

 

From: Mr. Kim <3

Babe, can you come here for a while?

 

Yerin received a text message from Jonghyun. She wondered why he still needed to send her message when he can just call her. He said he'd be cooking dinner and knowing how random can her husband be, she just assumed he's already done preparing and just decided to text her instead of personally calling. She carefully stood up from the bed where she is resting and headed downstairs.

"Where are you?", she called out loud when she came to the dining area and no one is there. She received no answer.

Since he sent her text message first, she thought of texting him back to ask where he is but realized that she left her phone in their room upstairs and it takes so much effort to get it. In the end, she just walked and searched where inside their house Jonghyun is.

"Jonghyun-ah. Where on earth are you? I'm hungryyyyy!", she yelled to make sure he will here it. But still no response. She then made her way to the living room as her eyebrow started to furrow. She's starving and found no signs of dinner yet when Jonghyun said he will be preparing it.

She continued walking but had to halt when she saw illumination through the closed glass door going to the backyard. The tint of the door was quite heavy so she can only see blurred lights coming from outside. She narrowed her eyes as she pace towards the glass sliding door. She reached for the handle and slid it open.

 

"Omo.", she muttered airily, the volume of her voice failing to express her shock.

 

Almost blinding, bright but beautiful and colorful lights welcomed her. There were series and bunched of small lights in different color arranged in their small garden; on the leaves of the trees, hanging under the roof gutter, on the grassy ground, just everywhere. There were also balloons, some in the air and some on the ground. At the center, lies the table with little candles on it and... oh the dinner.

A hand suddenly took hers and she flinched, her head immediately snapped to the side and there, she found Jonghyun, whom she didn't notice earlier because of the breathtakingly beautiful lights.

"Hi.", he smiled at her, guiding her closer to him.

"What's this for?", she asked, confused.

He looked at her in an 'are-you-seriously-serious' way. "You still don't know until now?". The only response he got from her is a shrug. He sighed.

"What date is today?"

Yerin's mouth slightly pouted as she looked up to the sky with her index finger on her lower lip, trying to remember. Then she gasped, biting her lip when he looked back to him. "M-My birthday..."

He rolled his eyes. "Yes your birthday. How can you forget?"

She looked around the pretty setup, guilty that she forgot her own birthday. "But you remembered...", she mumbled.

"Of course. If not, it's like forgetting that my life exists.", he said softly, straight to her eyes.

She lost her words and just looked up at him. Her happiness is too overwhelming for her to talk. Yes, she's his life. And he's hers.

"Well...", he spread his arms open, inviting. Yerin wanted to cry but she's sure Jonghyun won't want it as payment for his efforts. She just smiled, and threw herself to him, in his hold.

"Happy birthday.", he whispered to her, while he holds him tight and close. "Thank you for existing."

"Thank you.", she s her arms around her tighter. She really didn't plan to cry, but his words kept triggering her tears, she can't help it anymore. It streamed down from her eyes and she buried her face on his chest.

Jonghyun felt his shirt wet so he put a small gap between then lifted her chin with his fingers for her to face him. "Why do you always cry when you're happy?", he said wiping her tears with his thumb.

She sobbed then pouted. "And you, why do you always do surprises like this when you know I cry when I'm happy."

Jonghyun laughed. "I like it when you're happy."

"So you like me crying?"

Jonghyun laughed more. "Tears of joy, yes. Other than that, no.", he hugged her again, then he kissed his hair. "I should call your parents."

"Why?", she looked up to him.

"To personally thank them. If not because of them, there's no Yerin, no Baby Kim, no life, no happy Jonghyun."

"See? You enjoy making me cry.", she pouted and tears pooled on her eyes again, threatening to fall down.

He laughed again, to which Yerin laughed too but she stopped, and breathed deeply. Jonghyun noticed it and observed her.

"Can I sit?", she asked.

"Contractions again?", he worriedly asked. He pulled a chair and made her sit. It was the pre-labor contractions he was talking about. Yerin had been feeling some sort of pain the past days, but they were told it's normal since it's just weeks before her due date.

When Yerin is already seated, she calmed herself. Jonghyun scooted down in front of her so they'd be in a same level and he rested his hands on her lap.

"This is why I decided to just celebrate your birthday here. You might find it uneasy if we'll dine out and we need to be extra careful. Sorry if it's too simple."

Yerin reached for his cheek and caressed it. "This is not simple for me. This is so special. I'm very moved, thanks again.", at the end of her sentence, she slightly gasped. She felt the baby moved and she felt pain.

"Are you okay?", Jonghyun asked worriedly.

"Y-yes. The baby just moved quite intense this time."

He looked down at her tummy and touched it. "Hey there little boy, I know you're excited too but don't hurt umma too much. It's her birthday today so don't give her a hard time.", he smiled.

They're about to eat the dinner that was prepared but Jonghyun remembered something.

"Wait.", he said, rose from her seat and came in front of Yerin again.

He had an excited boyish grin as he reached the back pocket of his pants. He didn't grasp anything from there and he felt slightly nervous. His hands went to his jacket and he felt relief to feel a box in it's pocket. He was about to take the box out but a hand that held on the hem of his jacket tightly stopped him.

"Yerin?", he held her hand grasping his jacket. She doesn't look fine.

"J-jjong, it f-feels...different this time.", she said between heavy breathes and yelps, twisting and turning on her seat, feeling pain in anyway she moves. All two hands of her grabbed Jonghyun's jacket. "O-oh gosh. I think this is it."

"Oh my God.", his eyes widen. "NOW?! IT'S COMING OUT??", he asked in complete horror but he didn't receive any response from Yerin. Her pained expression is enough to answer it.

"OH MY GOSH WHAT TO DO?!?", he felt like he wanted to freeze. His whole body feels cold all of a sudden but he knows he has to move, it's just that his system is in full panic that it cannot function well.

"JONGHYUUUUN! HOSPITAL!!!!", she screamed, feeling the pain getting more intense.

Jonghyun jumped on his spot. His body can't move well but fortunately, he managed to carry Yerin to his car.

 

 

"Baby hold on.", Jonghyun said, unspecific if it's for Yerin or for Baby Kim.

He has his one hand holding tightly on the steering wheel and the other hand is being held by Yerin seating on the passenger side. He threw a quick glance to her. It wasn't a pleasant sight for him to see. Yerin is in great pain, it shows. He focused his eyes on the road almost with the same expression as Yerin.

"It's not due yet.", he talked to her, trying to distract her from the pain.

"I already told you about first babies and due dates. You weren't listening.", she tried to answer.

She doesn't move on her seat, afraid she might feel pain more. It really is being unbearable and she hadn't imagined that kind of pain exists. Tears started to spring out from her eyes; because of pain, worry and fear.

Would I be okay? Will baby be okay? Will I feel more pain? Can I do it?, she thought and she just closed her eyes but tears wouldn't stop.

Jonghyun's hand pulled out from Yerin's tight hold. Instead, he was the one who held hers, tighter. He glanced at her again and he saw her face wet from tears. It kicked his heart hard, so hard that it made him tear up also. He bit his lip to control his tears and tried his best to drive fast but safer than safe, he has to bring Yerin and their baby to the hospital safe.

"Don't cry babe. You can do it. I'm just here."

 

 

------------------

 

 

Jonghyun can hear screams from inside the delivery room as he sat on the benches outside. His elbows are on his knees, hands clasped tight and his head looking down to the floor. He closed his eyes when he heard another scream from Yerin. Her great pain is audible to him, which brings twice the feeling to him. Each time he'll hear her, he wanted to burst in that delivery room and wring the necks of those people inside, doctors and nurses, because they're not doing anything to ease the pain the his wife is feeling. And it's a big burden to him for also not being able to do anything about it. He's just too helpless as her.

Will she be okay? Can she do it?

When his eyes slightly opened, he saw the droplets of tears on the white floor under that was right under his face, and more was continuing to drop. He sniffed. Fear is eating him. He doesn't want to think about it but he knows there are a lot of risks and complications in giving birth.

He closed his eyes again. 'No. Please let her and my baby be okay.'

 

After almost an hour that seems like ages for him, the noises from inside died down and suddenly, the door of the room opened. He immediately rose from his seat.

"You can come in now, Mr. Kim.", said the woman wearing blue uniform. The nurse he thought.

He said nothing and waste no time, he went in quick. The first thing his eyes saw was the hospital bed, and Yerin was lying there. He ran to her side, his one hand grabbed her hand and the other caressed her head. She was panting hard.

He kissed her hand then her tear-stained face. "Are you okay?", he whispered beneath her cheeks as his lips just stayed there. She just smiled faintly and nodded.

"I'm so sorry I couldn't do anything about your pain. I'm so so sorry.", his tears started to come out again, rolling down his face and dropping to Yerin's.

His hand never left hers and his face stayed just millimeters away from her. He whispered again, eyes closed as he kissed her cheek once more. "Rest now. You suffered enough. I'll take care of everything."

Yerin gave of a weak smile again. "Thank you.", she whispered in an airy voice before she closed her eyes.

 

 

"Mr. Kim...", a voice called out Jonghyun from behind him. He planted one last kiss on Yerin's forehead before he let go of her hands and face the girl who called him.

When he turned, he saw a nurse, holding a tiny human, with a reddish color, and wrapped in a baby blue cloth. He froze on his spot, just staring at the creature the nurse has in her arms. That was when he got aware of the its loud cry that he didn't notice when he enetered.

"Congratulations Mr. Kim! Your baby boy is healthy.", the nurse said with a smile.

"My baby boy....", he mumbled, testing the word. He can't move. He doesn't know what to do. He is frozen but his eyes projects amusement, adoration, joy, excitement and love as he stares at his baby boy. His heart is jumping.

The nurse chuckled on his reaction. "You can hold him."

He blinked. "C-can I?"

The nurse laughed softly, amused by his reaction. She stepped forward and stopped in front of him and he got the chance to look at it really close. He's perfect. His arms automatically moved, hands reaching for his son. The nurse slowly handed it to him, guiding him on how to hold it properly and he managed to get it.

The first contact of their skin was heaven, the greatest feeling of all. He just can't take his eyes away from him. He was light and small. It amused him that he is almost just as long as the half of his arm. A smile slowly broke out into his face.

"Hi baby boy, it's me Appa.", he smiled even more when it moved in his arms. "We finally met. You have no idea how happy I am to finally hold you like this. Welcome Baby Kim."

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

HI THERE~

BABY KIM IS OUT. YOU'LL KNOW THE NAME ON THE NEXT CHAPTER :)

And oh, I know I've said this before but, THANK YOU FOR YOU SUPPORT. THOSE COMMENTS, PMs, MENTION AND ALL, IT MEANS A LOT TO ME. :) KOMAWOYOOOO.~