Oppa Won't Notice Me

Tied To A Dino (My SLY Fox SEQUEL)

 

"WAAAAAAAAAHH!"

The sound of Yuhan's wail echoed all over the room which brought Yerin to spring up from the bed. Before she stood, she glanced at the clock beside the bed, it's past 1am.

With her body feeling heavy from sleepiness, she tried her best to make her way to the other side if their room where Yuhan's crib was placed. She picked him up to carry him and calm him down, but he won't stop crying.

"Sshhh.", she whisphered softly to Yuhan as she sways him gently. "Oh my poor baby can't get enough sleep.", she closed her eyes as it's hurting her to see her son crying and having a hard time.

When she turned around, to their bed's direction, she saw Jonghyun trying hard to lift his also heavy body to rise from the bed.

"Hey, it's okay. Go back to sleep.", she told him but Jonghyun ignored it and continued walking to them.

When he got in front of them, he looked at Yuhan with his still half closed eyes and Yerin can see he's trying to make it open wide. Yuhan is still crying and his heart aches too seeing it. He bent down and planted a gentle kiss on his son's head.

"I can manage this, don't worry. Now, go back to sleep.", Yerin told him again.

"No."

"But you're tired and you have to work again tomorrow.", she tried to push Jonghyun with her shoulder as she's still holding Yuhan in her arms but instead of going back to bed, he went to the single sofa near the crib and sat there.

"You think I'll be able to sleep while you two can't? I'll stay up with you, until Yuhan sleeps.", Jonghyun refused firmly. His expression was sturdy but then, he smiled warmly after.

She just smiled back while shaking her head. She knows she can't make him go back to bed so she just let him but still, she felt guilty and worried. Yuhan cries a bit lesser and lesser day by day, for over a week now, but it still causes her to be deprived from sleep, and Jonghyun had been staying up with her always, not letting her do things alone, though he still have to be early at his office the next morning. She's just too thankful to have a husband like him.

She continued to sway Yuhan while standing in front of Jonghyun. He's still smiling warmly up at her. His sleepiness is still visible behind that smile.

"Did Yuhan cried again all day?", he asked.

She shook her head, "No, just now. He must be having a hard time getting a deep sleep."

"Are you tired?", he asked again.

She shook her head again but her own body betrayed her. She suddenly yawned and just as she was about to close from it, another followed. She immediately shut closed before another one escape.

Jonghyun chuckled softly then stood up. He held out his hand, asking her to give Yuhan to him. She shook his head and smiled, silently telling him that 'it's okay and she can manage', but he just looked straight to her with firm expression.

"Let me.", he said holding his hands closer to her. She sighed, giving up, then carefully passed Yuhan to him. He smiled wide once Yuhan was already in his arms, then he immediately hugged him close to his body.

She's still hesitant to let Jonghyun do it. "I know you're tired so—"

"Ssshhh...", he hushed her and she's not really sure if it's because she's talking too loud and Yuhan might wake up, or he just doesn't want to hear her oppose.

She huffed. "Fine. I'll just grab water downstairs."

Jonghyun just nod as he sways Yuhan and her eyes squinted a bit. Yuhan is quieter being carried by his father than by her earlier. 'oh the ever great father-son-bond'. She smiled, shaking her head and made her way out of the room.

She did what she needs to do downstairs and immediately went back to their room upstairs. She slowly and quietly opened the door. It was already very quiet inside but a gentle, calming hum is within the air. Her heart fluttered knowing whose amazing voice it is from. It's been quite a while since she last heard it but it's still as beautiful as she can remember. It's from the man who has his back facing her direction and holding a tiny dinosaur. Base from what she observed, that tiny dinosaur is already asleep, that fast when he is in his arms.

'Well, he has his different ways on putting people to sleep... oh I know too well...', she bit her lip to suppress the grin that was about to spread on her face. She felt her face warm.

As much as she wanted to watch the precious moment in front of her, she has to completely step in. She quietly stood behind Jonghyun. "Babe, you can put him down now.", she whispered.

He complied, gently laying down Yuhan back inside his crib. He tucked in him under his cover gave one last loving glance before finally facing Yerin.

"Okay now you, umma, has to sleep.", he held both sides of her hips, guiding her to the bed.

Yerin laced her arms around his neck as she take little steps backwards. "Will you be putting me to sleep too? You do it really well."

The corner of Jonghyun's lips curved up. "But you were already sleeping tightly earlier without my help."

"That was before I heard you singing a while ago and found you really really unbelievably attractive."

"Am I?", he asked with one brow slightly raised.

'oh those y brows,', she gulped [a/n: sorry I really have strong feels for Jjong's eyebrows for real] and that's when the back of her knee hit the edge of the bed. She fell down but she didn't let herself fall alone, Jonghyun too, because she tightened her arms around his neck. She felt his full weight as he wasn't able to support himself because of the sudden move.

"I remembered telling you to sleep, not hurt yourself by being squeezed like this.", he immediately propped his elbows on both sides of her so that he wouldn't be squeezing her hard.

Yerin just grinned and made her arms tighter around his neck, quickly pulling his head down, meeting hers. His lips landed exactly on top of hers. Yerin's fingers scraped along his scalp, messing his hair.

She missed it. From what she can remember, this is the first 'proper kiss' they shared since she gave birth of Yuhan. All Jonghyun would give him were pecks or light kisses.

She then felt one hand of Jonghyun went under her head to scoop it slightly up, giving him better access of her lips. Yerin smirked in between the kiss.

"Now you're kissing me right.", she murmured.

With that, she felt Jonghyun stopped, seconds later he lightly bit her lower lip and then slowly pulled away from the kiss. "You really should sleep now."

He was about to stand up but Yerin prevented it with her arms still on his neck. She's looking at him confused and asking.

Jonghyun just answered her with a small smile, swept the hairs away from her face then rolled to the side so he's lying down too.

"Jjong..."

"Sleep now.", he whispered then slid his arm under her head so that she can use it as her pillow. After that, all went quiet except for Yerin's mind that was screaming out of confusion. She look at him and saw him already has his eyes closed.

'How dare he do that to me and just sleep like this.',she thought, boring holes on his face with her eyes. She's mad but a large part of her is confused... and there's a part that is worried or maybe afraid. In the end, she removed his arms under her head and threw it off her then tried her best to sleep peacefully.

 

 

 

____________________________________

 

 

 

The next morning, Yerin prepared breakfast for Jonghyun but she didn't bother putting too much effort on it, just toast, he find for himself of whatever he wants to eat with it. Such a dry breakfast, just like him. She's still sulky but Jonghyun wasn't saying anything about last night. She believes she deserves an explanation or at least an apology.

When she woke up that morning, a thought of possibility came to her mind, though it was quite an unwelcome idea: that maybe she had become ugly and unattractive in Jonghyun's eyes after giving birth. It hurts her to think of that but somehow, she should gradually learn to accept it just in case it's the truth.

She went back upstairs, to their room, to check on Yuhan and to tell Jonghyun that his dry and lifeless breakfast is ready. She felt a little relieved when she heard from behind the door that there's still no wails coming from Yuhan which means he's still sleeping. She then came in and just exactly as she walked in, Jonghyun walked out from the walk-in closet wearing only his boxer shorts.

'Oh f***'. She gulped with the view. Jonghyun continued to wander around the room as if he's searching for something while on the other hand, she remained still on her spot, letting her eyes feast.

His still damped hair... those toned arms... biceps.... abs...

She gulped again and blinked. 'Why am I acting like this? As if I haven't laid my eyes on those ever before.'

"Do you remember where did I put the suit I prepared last night?"

She was suddenly snapped out from her trance when he talked. She breathed first to retrieve her composure then acted nonchalant, she just passed by him and sat on the edge of the bed to look at Yuhan.

"Don't know.", she answered shortly, not bothering to look at him. She put it back in the closet again along with his other suits so that it won't get dirty. Unlucky for him, she has no plans telling about it to him, let him wonder. 'Serves you right.'

"You sure don't know? 'Cause it'll take a lot of time to go through all my suits again one by one to find what to wear today."

Yerin rolled her eyes, no plans on answering him. Looking back to Yuhan, her eyes caught sight of Jonghyun that, she didn't notice, was already standing by the crib and in front of her. She gasped in surprise and then tried her best to refrain her eyes to look at him. She'd be weak if she won't.

"Why are you rolling your eyes on me?", Jonghyun asked, tilting his head a bit sideward.

"Because I can.", she murmured, not intended for him to hear but his ears caught it.

Jonghyun faked a gasped. "Mrs. Kim, you shouldn't be answering rudely in front of our son."

She refused to look at him as she's getting more and more irritated. "Just go."

He crossed his arms over his chest. "Mrs. Ki—"

"Can't you just go quietly, you're getting really annoying!", she exploded, looking up at him, but she managed to keep her voice low, like just irritatedly growling at him, so that Yuhan won't wake up.

Jonghyun was slightly taken aback. He had to pause for a few seconds, just blinking at her before talking.

"Hey...Why are you—"

" Because you're one irritating and frustrating creature. And maybe you don't want to talk to an unattractive mother so don't bother.", she frowned at him then stood up, leaving.

"Yerin-ah.", he called, trailing at her back. She stopped and turned back, also causing him to stop.

"Can you please get dressed?", she hissed then continued walking. She knows Jonghyun is still trailing behind her but she doesn't have any plans to stop anymore.

When she reached the door and was about to grab the knob, her elbows was pulled back that made her turn around and a little force was used to make her lean against the wall.

"I know you too well. I know exactly what you're thinking.", Jonghyun whispered while trapping her with his arms extended against the wall. She just frowned at him and looked at the side but Jonghyun's hand brought her face to look at him again.

"This is about last night, isn't it?", he asked. Yerin just scowled, trying to avoid his eyes.

"Listen... That negative idea you are thinking about yourself is not true, not even close to.", he held her cheeks. " I expected that you remembered what I told you just a week ago...you know, waiting outside the delivery room while you're in there was kinda traumatizing for me that's why I'm holding back for now. I told you I can't bear to hear your pain anytime sooner. And besides, I don't know if you've completely recovered now, it's just been a week..."

She stared at his eyes, the folds between her brows were fading out. "I thought you don't want me anymore..."

"Not gonna happen, ever.", he smiled his soft smile at her and he laid a gentle kiss on her forehead.

"You are one frustrating man, you know?", Yerin pouted.

He chuckled. "You too. And you have no idea how frustrated I am as well."

His eyes were glued on her eyes and Yerin is looking at her with rather pleading eyes and that made him had a hard time to take his sight away. He had to breath deep first before he releasing her cheeks and increasing the gap in between them.

"I need to get dressed now.", he said and he barely managed to walk away to go to the closet.

Yerin was left looking at his back walking away from her. She's not mad at him anymore, but still...