3: And they have their own concern...

Tied To A Dino (My SLY Fox SEQUEL)

 

“Oh so it will be with Key?”, Jonghyun asked over the phone while leaning back on his big swivel chair.

“Yes so please cut any bad idea out. And besides it is just a business meeting with Mr. Shin, you don't really have to be hysterical.”, Yerin laughed as she remembered Jonghyun's initial reaction when she told him that he'll be meeting Mr. Shin. He immediately showered her with questions right after hearing the man's name, which she found cute instead of annoying.

Jonghyun huffed. “Stop laughing, will you? After you cancelled our lunch date for that, you'll still laugh at me.”

Yerin softened, feeling guilty. “Okay, sorry. This is just really something important. I'll just make it up to you, promise.”

He sighed. “What else can I do? I'll just see you later. Be home early, I'll be there, hmm?”

“Of course I will. I'll hung up now. See you later.”

Jonghyun also bid goodbye then put the phone down after he heard the end beep. He rested his head on the backrest of his chair while staring at a space, going back to the thought he has in mind earlier before Yerin called. He has been seriously thinking about a certain something for a few days now and it's unexpectedly stressing for him. But it has nothing to do with his issue with Mr. Shin.

He thinks that that empty feeling in him everytime he would be parted from Yerin even for just hours is getting worse. He, desperately, want to do something about it. He has an idea of something to do in his mind but the problem is, he doesn't know how or even when should he execute it. The idea is very new to him, he didn't even think before that he would be reaching this point...

“Hey.”

His thoughts got interrupted when he heard that call from the door, then he saw Onew walked in.

“Oh hyung?”, he sat straight and looked at his unexpected visitor.

“I was in my new restaurant branch and realized that it's near your office so I came. Let's have lunch together.”, Onew said.

Remembering the cancelled lunch date with Yerin, his thoughts earlier also came back. He sighed and leaned back to his chair again, unaware that his expression got noticeably dark.

“Hey are you okay? Seeing that expression on you, I know there's something bothering you.”, Onew asked then sat on the chair in front of his desk.

He just looked at his hyung, deciding whether he should tell him or not, then he realized that he needs some advice and opinion so he brought his chair closer to Onew and leaned forward to his desk.

“Hyung...”, he started, putting up the right words to say. Then he sighed. “When are you getting married?”

Silence came after that question. Onew has been left with his mouth open from the question he heard. Even Jonghyun didn't move, waiting for his hyung's reply. Then after a few seconds, Onew blinked then scratched his head.

“Seriously? That's what's bothering you? When will I get married? Thanks for the concern to my love life, bro.”, Onew said, still confused on Jonghyun's question.

“No, I mean, you and Haeri noona have been together for quite long now. Why aren't you still planning to marry each other?”, Jonghyun asked further.

Onew sighed. “We just think that it isn't time yet. We both want to be completely ready and stable first before...wait...”, He looked at Jonghyun then crossed his arms over his chest. “Why are we even talking about my love life? Aren't we supposed to talk about your problem?”

Jonghyun nodded slowly. He looked down first as he tries to gather strength to voice out, for the first time, what he really wants to do. He sighed before looking back to Onew.

“I...I think...I think I want to marry Yerin.”, he finally said that made Onew rose from his seat.

“What? Really? As in right now? Huh?”, he asked with a very exaggerated surprised reaction.

Jonghyun looked at him weirdly. “Yah, I'm not proposing to you so cut that big reaction out.”

“Ow sorry...”, Onew scratched the back of his neck sheepishly as he went back to his seat. “So... Really? Why is it that I only heard it now?”

“Because it's the first time that I voiced this out.”, Jonghyun answered in a low voice.

“I see. But wait... why is it so sudden?...”, Then Onew's eyes slowly grew wider as he covers his mouth with his hand, looking at Jonghyun “Don't tell me....”

Confusion got all over Jonghyun's face, “Don't tell you what?”

Onew leaned closer, then Jonghyun also leaned to him to listen to what he's going to say.

“Don't tell me... Yerin is already pregnant!”, he yelled in a whisphering way.

Jonghyun threw his body back with horrified face to what he heard. His eyes grew wider than Onew's.

“Whaaaaat?!”, Jonghyun asked in horror.

Onew easily calmed and just shrugged. “Well, I just thought that it might be the reason why you wanted to marry her suddenly.”

Jonghyun's face got serious. “Of course not! I will marry her because I love her and I want to be with her, not because of any other reason.”

“Okay, okay. Calm down. That's just a thought.”, Onew paused for a while, thinking of what he should say then he became serious. “Jonghyun, are you sure about this?”

Jonghyun didn't answer right away. He can't. It's not that he is not yet sure if he really wants to marry her but it's more of he's thinking if this is the right time already. He knows he love Yerin so much and she's his life but he's still thinking about things.

He sighed. “I don't know. As I have said, this is the first time that I have voiced out this plan of mine so I still have no solid decisions.”

“So you haven't talked with Yerin about this?”, Onew asked again.

Jonghyun shooked his head. “I haven't. I just don't know how to open it up to her and I'm worried about what will be her reaction. I don't wanna scare her.”

“Why would you scare her? Are you going to dress up like frankenstein or something while talking to her?”, Onew laughed at his own joke.

Jonghyun just glared at him then Onew controlled his laughter immediately. He could see that Jonghyun is really having a hard time deciding to this so he decided to be a hyung to him now and give him the words that he needed.

“I'm not against this marriage that you want but I suggest that you wait a bit more and think of it more, until you're very sure. Yerin has been very close to me and I also treat her as my younger sister and you, as my brother, so I don't want the both of you to be in a situation where you will have regrets. Give more time to both of you. You're still very young.”, he said seriously.

Jonghyun nodded slowly, absorbing the advice he heard. “You think she would refuse if ever I ask her?”

“You're the one who can answer that because you know her better.”, Onew answered.

Jonghyun let out a sigh, half relieved and half still bothered. At least he knew what he should do now. He should think more and observe if this really is the right time to execute this big plan that he want to do so badly.

“Common~ Let's have lunch now, I'm starving. Leave those work first.”, Onew made Jonghyun stand up and pulled him out of the office.

--------

Key looked around the restaurant again from his seat but he still can't see the man they were waiting for.

“Yah Kibum oppa, relax.”, Yerin reached for Key's hand on the table and tapped it gently. He smiled widely at her and excitement is very visible on his face.

“Yerin, this is it! We're going to talk about the our first major project with their company. I just can't hold my feels.”, Key said and ended with a little squeal. Yerin chuckled seeing how excited Key is and actually, she is, as well.

Few seconds later, they saw from the corner of their eyes a man approaching their table, being led by a waiter. We immediately stood up and bowed politely at him as soon as he got to the table.

“Good afternoon Mr. Shin.”, we both greeted.

“Good afternoon too. You seem to be very punctual when it comes to meetings. Very impressive.”, He said as he sat down.

“Thank you for appreciating. We always try our best to be impressive.”, Key said confidently.

A few minutes passed and the food has been served to us. We started eating and also started talking about the main reason of this meeting.

“The whole project details has been decided and set. Our company team have already talked about it and to discuss it with you is the only thing needed.”, Mr. Shin started and we just nodded to him, very focus on every details he will say.

“As you know, this is a very big project and this is international.”, he announced that made both I ad Key looked at each other. We mentally highfived, discovering how big this work could be.

Then the explanation continued. “And when we say international, it means work has to be done overseas.”

“No problem. It's Key who is assigned to handle business overseas and we can assure you he can do it well.”, Yerin announced proudly.

Mr. Shin chuckled lightly. “I know he can do well. But the thing is, our team knows that you are the one who personally handled the first project we gave to your company before and we're all really impressed. So we decided that you should be the one to handle this, since you already have more background working with us.”

“But it is really Key's job to go overseas. If I'll have to go with him on this one, no one will be left to take care of our company here and also our other clients.”, Yerin defended.

“We know and understand that that's why we are not requiring Key to go with us. It is you who needed to supervise everything.”, he insisted.

Yerin and Key both looked at each other. Yerin's smile and excitement slightly faded and seeing that the smile and sparkle from Key's face also started to fade, she felt guilty. Key is really the one who goes to other country for business matters because aside from he socializes well with foreigners, he enjoys it very much. And now that he can't be part of this overseas project, he felt kinda down.

“Everything is set and we just need you to fix your schedules. Please remember that our company had gave trust to you and we're counting on you.”, Mr. Shin remarked.

Yerin didn't answer, not knowing what to say. But then she heard Key sighed.

“I understand your company's decision and it's fine with me. You just need Yerin's approval and everything is done.”, Key said with a smile.

Yerin suddenly felt pressured that the decision is all yours. She's not that comfortable working overseas that's why it became Key's job. But a matter suddenly struck her mind, which made her worry more.

“May I know how long this project will take and how long should I be away if I approved?”, she asked.

“Maybe... A month is the least.”, he replied.

She secretly gasped on what she heard. 'A month? That long?', she thought. The biggest concern, aside from taking Key's job, had came into her mind, and that is Jonghyun. Jonghyun's approval is very much needed on this and she knows that it won't be easy to make her agree on this, knowing that it will take that long, and without even Key to go with her.

Jonghyun is another reason why it became Key's job to handle works outside the country. It is because Jonghyun doesn't want her to go. Sometimes, he will just let her out of the country if it will be with Key or him, but the longest is for three days. There was even a time that Jonghyun even left his works for a few days because Key can't come, and he is the one who went with her to fix something abroad. She knows that it will be hard to make him agree this time.

“Are we having a problem?”, Yerin's thought got interrupted by Mr. Shin.

She sighed. “Sir, this is not how we handle projects normally so we needed to consider a lot of things first. Can we have a little more time to consider this?”

Key looked at her and she just gave a small nod to him for assurance that she knows what she is doing. Key just smiled and supported her.

“Of course yes. You still have time to settle everything that is needed to be settled. We just hope that it won't take that long.”, Mr. Shin agreed and she felt a bit relieved.

They have discussed further more about the project and they have given more details about it. Mr. Shin even handed them a folder that contains every details that they need to know and even the terms and conditions. After the lunch, Mr. Shin already left but Yerin and Key decided to stay for a while. There were silence as they were both scanning the folder that has been given to each of them.

Then suddenly they looked at each other.

“Yerin.” “Key.”

They called each other in chorus. They both sighed and attempted to start talking again but they always end up talking in chorus.

Key held his hand up to stop Yerin from talking for a while. “Okay. You talk first.”, he said.

Yerin breathed deeply and reached for Key's hand. “Oppa, sorry. I know how much you want working overseas and how much you wanted to be part of this major project. I have no intentions on taking your job from you.”

Key chuckled lightly. “I know. It's not your decision. What I want to say is that it's really okay with me and whatever will be your decision, I'll be supporting you.”

“But Key oppa... there will be a lot of conflict...”, she said with worried eyes.

Key had remembered her asking how long will the project take and he knew the exact reason why she had asked that.

“Aside from the work conflicts, you're also thinking about Jonghyun's approval, right?” he asked. She looked down and nodded. She knows that he knew her very well.

“A month is too long, isn't it? Would he agree to that?”, she asked.

“That will be a problem. You, being away from him even for just days is making him hysterical, how much more if it will take a month.”

“Exactly.”, Yerin nodded along with him, having the same thought in her mind.

“But you still have to ask for his permission for you to be able to accept the job.”, Key said. “Thought it would be very hard....”

Yerin looked at Key helplessly. They both know that it would be hard as hell to make Jonghyun agree.

--------

Yerin had been studying the folder that Mr. Shin gave since she got home. She needs to consider a lot of things before she accept. It's also not practical to refuse since they have put a lot of effort just to gain the company's trust and make them do project with their company. It's just that this work is not going as to what it should be, originally and normally.

In addition, she also has to ask permission to Jonghyun before she go but she doesn't even know how to talk to him about it. She's afraid because the last time she had to do business out of the country, and Key can't come with her, Jonghyun wanted to come with her but she refused and they fought, even it's just for two days. She doesn't want him to leave his own company matters just because of her, so she just went alone which she really regretted because when she came back, they had a serious fight which almost brought them to break up. And she doesn't want that to happen again.

Suddenly, her phone rang, a call from one of her clients. She picked is up and as she was talking to the phone, Jonghyun came in. She signaled 'wait' to Jonghyun, as she was still on the phone and he nodded and just walked in silently. Jonghyun brought the food bags he's carrying to the kitchen then just sat at the couch while waiting for Yerin to finish talking on the phone. His eyes wandered around and he noticed scattered paper and an open folder. Just wanting to check what Yerin was doing before he came, he reached for the folder but before he can take hold of it, it was already snatched by another hand. He didn't notice that Yerin had finished talking on the phone already.

“Hey, hey. Let these papers alone.” Yerin said and gathered all things scattered on her desk, including the folder and tidied it up.

“As if I'm going to eat it.”, Jonghyun huffed and rolled his eyes. He didn't gave much attention to Yerin taking her paper works away from him because it's normal.

Jonghyun just pulled Yerin's arm which caused her to land and sit on his lap. Then he cupped her cheeks and pecked her on the lips.

“Hungry?”, he asked.

Yerin made herself cute by pouting and nodding cutely. And that made Jonghyun wanted to squeeze her but he refrained himself because he's hungry as well.

“Okay. Because you're so cute, I will be the one who'll cook for us.”, Jonghyun made her stood up with him and pulled her to the kitchen.

“Really? You're going to cook?”, Yerin asked excitedly as they enter the kitchen. She watched Jonghyun take out the contents of the bags he brought but her excitement went away when it got revealed.

“So, you will cook, huh?”, She asked sarcastically as she looked at the foods in a microwaveable containers which are obviously from a convenience store.

“Yeah. Preparing food is cooking, so technically, I am cooking.”, he said proudly as he took out the last container from the bag.

Yerin just rolled her eyes and leaned to the kitchen counter to watch Jonghyun completely unwrapping the foods the containers. Then she thought of this as a chance to open the overseas job to Jonghyun. She felt nervous and doesn't know where to start.

“Jonghyun, I... I'll be very busy these coming days.”, she started.

He just glanced at her shortly. “That's fine. You're always busy, anyway”

Yerin felt guilty but she knows Jonghyun wasn't sulking about it so she tried to continue. “I-I mean... I... I will be busier than before.”

Jonghyun smiled and brought the containers to the microwave. “I said that's fine. As long as you'll be with me. Well, I know that Key is in-charge of the out-of-the-country things so I know you won't be going anywhere far. It's fine to be busy.”

She got taken aback with what he said. Now, how can she ask open that certain topic if he's clearly rejecting it even before she can tell him. She lost her courage to tell him and she just stood with him in front of the microwave oven, staring at it, like it was some sort of a movie.

They were silent and that is because they both have thoughts and worries on their mind. Yerin, thinking about asking permission, and Jonghyun, thinking about that certain topic he talked with Onew earlier. Like Yerin, he's also trying to find the right time when he can talk about that topic with her. He then pulled Yerin closer to him and back hugged her, letting his chin rest on her shoulder.

“Yerin...”, he called her, whispering.

“Yes?”

“Don't get tired of me, okay? I know I get a little possessive at times but I swear, I have reasons.”, he explained softly.

Yerin paused, hearing his suddenly sweet words. She can't help to smile and she just hugged his arms that were on her.

“Little possessive? AT TIMES? Isn't it the opposite of those words?”, she chuckled.

“Yah, I'm serious. You'll find out and I hope you'll understand those reasons soon.”, he snuggled on her neck which caused her to giggle loudly.

“You're serious then you're tickling me?”, she laughed as she try to get away from him. Luckily, the microwave's timer rang so Jonghyun let him go to take out the containers.

“Hey Jjong. I think that dinner isn't enough tonight.”, she suddenly said.

Jonghyun raised an eyebrow but before he could ask, the doorbell rang.

Yerin grinned and shrugged her shoulders. “I forgot to tell you.”

She immediately ran to the door and when she came back four boys are with her.

“Yah! Yah! Yah! What are you doing here?!”, Jonghyun yelled at them.

“Of course, for dinner!”, Taemin answered excitedly.

“We brought more foods~”, Key and Onew said.

“I missed this~”, Minho said and they all went straight to the dining area.

Jonghyun pulled Yerin before she can walk away.

“Yah. What's this? I thought you're going to make it up to me so we're having dinner together?”, Jonghyun asked with a pissed but helpless expression.

“We're having dinner, yes. And we're together, also yes. I'm hungry so let's eat.”, Yerin winked and quickly went to the kitchen and Jonghyun can't do anything but to sigh and follow, carrying the foods he prepared.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

HI GUYS.

Sorry for not updating that much. I got really focused on my studies since a new semester just got started. But maybe I can update more these days because it's almost christmas break so please stay tune for the next chapters :) I'm really sorry for not updating often.

THANK YOU.