Where are You?

Tied To A Dino (My SLY Fox SEQUEL)

[A/N: SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING FOR TOO LONG. BUT HERE. I DIDN'T REREAD THIS SO IF THERE'S SOME ERRORS, PLEASE BEAR WITH IT....]

 

 

Yerin’s sleep is peaceful beside her son that morning. The room they are in was quiet and cozy… until suddenly a loud ring echoed all over the place. It’s her ringtone. Yerin groaned, scrunching her face as the disturbing sound won’t stop. She hissed then grasp for her phone under the pillow and with still half closed eyes, swiped the screen.

“Good morning babe~.”, Jonghyun’s lively voice and his face on her phone screen is what welcomed her.

His grin is wide and bright as he is lying down on his stomach, holding his phone in front, and with that view, Yerin ended up smiling even her sleep was badly disturbed.

“Jjong…”, she murmured in a very sleepy voice, rolling her body to lie on her stomach too and her hair fell nicely to one side of her face as she did.

“Aww so pretty..”, Jonghyun said admiringly. “I miss kissing your morning face.”

Yerin giggled, feeling her heart melt. She missed kissing his face too, may it be morning, afternoon, evening or dawn. “One day to go.”, she said, referring to his arrival back in Korean. His month long trip has finally ended.

Jonghyun responded with a smile and a relieved sighed. “Oh yes. Finally.”

The next moment, Yerin just felt something crawling beside her and then suddenly, Yuhan’s head popped out of his blanket and tried to make his face appear on the screen, beside his mother’s.

“Appaaaaaaaa~”, he called loudly, though his obviously still sleepy. “Appa will go home now?”

Jonghyun smiled widely at Yuhan. “One more day baby. When you wake up tomorrow, I’ll be there.”

“YAAAAAASSSSS!!!”, Yuhan rolled all over the bed and also jumped on it. One last jump and he landed flat on her stomach back on his spot beside Yerin.

“Appa will bring you toys. What else do you want?”, Jonghyun asked him.

Yuhan smiled excitedly. “Can appa bring Yuhannie a baby dongsaeng (younger sibling)?”

Jonghyun immediately burst into laughter while on the other hand, Yerin facepalmed herself. Yuhan laughed along with Jonghyun though he doesn’t completely understand what they are laughing about.

“When appa got back, we’ll be arranging that Yuhan-ah.”, Jonghyun said, holding his laughter. Yuhan jumped again, this time, out of bed. He ran out of the room, to do his morning play, feeling very excited.

Jonghyun is still laughing when Yerin faced him again with a glare. "The thing you are cramming into your son’s mind, gosh.”, she rolled her eyes.

“What? I’m not doing anything wrong, I was just answering him.”, he laughed again. “Well… a Chinese dongsaeng huh? From a Chinese mother, perhaps. What do you think?”

Yerin glared even more to Jonghyun, a deadly one. “Yah Kim Jonghyun, try. Just try, and you’ll see.”

Jonghyun laughed even more. “Kidding. You know I won’t do that. Yuhan’s dongsaengs will be all from you babe. We’ll work on that.”. Yerin just rolled her eyes as a response.

Afterwards, Yuhan suddenly burst back in the room, with his usual loud voice [which he totally took after his father.] “UMMMAA. Yuhannie is hungry!”

Yerin smiled at him. “Okay baby, wait a sec.”, she then turned to Jonghyun. “Gonna hung up babe.”

“I’m gonna finish everything I have to do today since it’s the last day but I’ll call later.”

“Sure. Love you, bye.”

“APPA BYE BYE~”, Yuhan talked from the room entrance where he is standing. “Umma, faster. Yuhan’s really hungry.”

After Jonghyun bid goodbye and hung up, before Yerin can stand up from the bed, a message came so she stayed.

-See you tomorrow <3

Before Yerin can reply, Yuhan came to her and started pulling her out of the bed and then another message came.

-I miss you... :’[

Yerin wanted to reply but Yuhan kept on pulling her and bugging her about his extreme hunger so she just put her phone down and stood up from the bed.

 

 

-------------------------

 

 

 

With a different twinkle on her eyes and a bright smile, Yerin entered the room and walked straight to the drawer beside their bed. Jonghyun is finally going home after a month of his work abroad, and for that, she’d be giving this little gift to him when he got home. But for now, it’ll stay safe inside the drawer.

After she secured that thing inside the drawer, she picked up her phone to check it and found it empty of notification. She felt a little upset as she was waiting for something from Jonghyun since yesterday but she’s getting none.

After the text message from him yesterday morning that she wasn’t able to reply, she then missed a call from him in the afternoon as she was busy with Yuhan. There was none from Jonghyun since that last missed call. Today is his scheduled flight, and still none. She just thought that maybe Jonghyun boarded the plane very early and didn’t want to disturb their sleep so he didn’t call, he’ll be seeing them later that day, anyway.

Feeling a bit upset, yet excited, she placed the phone in her pocket and went to the living room where Yuhan is playing. She sat on the couch watching her son on the carpet with his toys.

“Umma, where’s appa?”, Yuhan asked.

“He’s on his way.”, she replied with a gentle smile.

Yuhan pouted. “Appa said he’ll be here when I wake up.”

Yerin pulled Yuhan’s hand and sat him on her lap. “It’s because Yuhan woke up early. If you slept longer, you will see appa when you wake up.”

Yuhan nodded. “Okayyyy. Yuhannie will just wait.”

She smiled at Yuhan, ruffled his hair and kissed his forehead. Yuhan giggled and kissed her too on her cheeks. Yerin responded by tickling Yuhan’s sides that sent the boy wriggling with loud laughter. The tickling continues until Yerin’s phone rang. She stopped and helped Yuhan stand up sturdily, while he was panting. Then she grabbed her from from her pocket.

“Is it appa?”, Yuhan asked excitedly.

Yerin looked at the name on the phone. She too, was expecting that it was Jonghyun but the name says ‘Sodam’, She just smiled at Yuhan and shook her head before answering the call.

‘Yes Unni?”

“Yerin have Jonghyun already contacted you? His flight is this morning, right?”, Sodam asked. Yerin noticed urgency in her tone.

“He haven’t. He said his flight is early this morning.”, Yerin answered.

“Gosh Yerin. I’m worried. Watch the news or look on the internet. I’ll be there right away.”, Sodam stated and yes, worry is all over her voice.

Her tone made Yerin worry even more. She was about to ask Sodam what is it all about but since she seemed to be in a hurry to get to their house, she hung up right away.

Right when she put the phone down, she grabbed the remote and turned the TV on. She switch from channel to channel to find a local news program. She stopped at a channel and paid full attention to it. She doesn’t totally know what she is about to hear and see there but her heart is thumping.

**Plane from China to Seoul reported to have crashed early this morning. Media are still trying to get statement and details from the airline company. Condition of the passengers are still unknown. Stay tuned for updates.**

Yerin’s hand tightened around the remote. She was totally surprised as she’s not expecting such news that day. Her heart is hurting from thumping violently and all she can do is to stay looking and blinking in front of the TV.

Her eyes slowly shifted to Yuhan who is just standing at the side, looking and observing her. Worried that she might scare him, she gently pulled him near her. She forced a smiled and she just prayed that it didn’t come out weird.

“B-Baby… can you play upstairs? I-In your playroom… Umma’s gonna clean here first.”, she breathed deep. “…before appa comes.”

Yuhan smiled, luckily he didn’t suspect something is wrong. “Ne~”, he answered lively, picked up his toys and take it all with him upstairs.

Once Yuhan is gone, Yerin closed her eyes while biting her lips tightly, trying to calm herself. Once she felt a little stable, she reached for her phone and tried dialing Jonghyun’s number but it cannot be reached.

‘Jonghyun where are you?’

 

 

 

 

 

---------------------------------------

 

 

 

It isn’t her habit but the situation is making Yerin bite her nails, hoping that it might ease the shaking of her hand. Every second that she is sitting there in their living room, waiting, is making her feel bad but the fact that she cannot do anything brings her the worst feeling.

She looked around. A distance her, Sodam and Mr. Kim have their backs facing her as they’re busy talking in the phone, on the other couch is where Onew and Key is sitting, Key is also on the phone. She then just got aware of the hand moving on his back, caressing it.

“Yerin please keep calm. Everything will be fine. Let’s just pray.”, Jonghyun’s mother said and it somehow brought a calming effect to her. She just looked at her eyes and nodded. She’s feeling weak, good thing Minho and Taemin volunteered to take Yuhan away for a while, she can’t afford to appear in front of him on that state, and also she doesn’t know how she can answer all his questions if he was there.

Sodam and her father went to her after talking to the phone. Yerin immediately looked straight to their faces, searching for hope but their expressions aren’t that good either.

Sodam looked at Yerin cautiously, then to the others. “They confirmed that there’s a man named Kim Jonghyun that bought a ticket and booked for that flight.”

“Oh my God.”, Yerin blurted out airily, burying her face in her palms. Mrs. Kim pulled her closer to her to calm her.

“What did they say about the passengers? Is Jonghyun really included in the accident?”, Mrs. Kim asked.

“It’s hard to contact the Chinese airline company and their not giving away much details until they’re finished sorting things out.”, Mr. Kim said, standing on the middle of the living room, in front of them. “That was all they said for now but they promised to keep us updated once they got more details.”

“I already contacted Dongwon.”, Key butted in. All attentions were onto him. “He said that h left from China a day ahead Jonghyun as he need to get back to his office right away. He was not aware of the accident until now and he also cannot contact Jonghyun since yesterday.”

It is when Yerin bursted into tears. She leaned onto her mother-in-law, whom she can also heard sobbing softly. Onew stood up from his seat to sit on the spot on her other side. He calmed her and Mrs. Kim.

“Let’s wait for more updates and let’s pray that Jonghyun is fine. We have to be strong… specially you Yerin. Please be strong for Yuhan.”

Her sobs got even louder. “I’m trying Onew oppa, I’m really trying but I just don’t know how. I don’t even have a single idea how is Jonghyun in this very moment. What if he’s hurt?”

“Let’s not think that way Yerin, okay? Let’s try to be positive.” Sodam said.

Yerin admires Sodam’s strength. She wishes she can be as strong as her on that moment but how can she be when Jonghyun is her source of strength, and he’s not present.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

DON'T HATE ME GUYS. I'M SO SORRY FOR MAKING THIS CHAPTER. SORRY FOR THE CLIFFHANGER. I'M GONNA UPDATE BEFORE THIS WEEK ENDS I PROMISE.

 

AND THIS IS GONNA END.