14: The Little Dino

Tied To A Dino (My SLY Fox SEQUEL)

Yerin was woken up by the feeling of a weight on her stomach part and on her legs. She slowly opened her eyes to adjust on the brightness of the room then she looked down on her body, only to see an arm lying on her stomach and a leg over her thighs. Her head automatically turned to her side and her face was welcomed by Jonghyun’s sleeping face.

She became flustered for a while until she remembered that Jonghyun came last night and fell asleep on her house but the thing is, she left him sleeping on the couch not on her bed. She just smiled and continued looking at his face. She has observed that he looked relaxed and fine now than he was last night. He was even a bit smiling… on his sleep.

‘Or was he even asleep?’, she thought, squinting his eyes at him.

“Yah.”, she called after seeing his lips twitched a little, obviously trying to hold his smile to break out.

“You’re never good at acting sleeping.”, she said again and that when Jonghyun’s smile finally broke out and he already opened his eyes.

“Wasn’t I?”, he asked, grinning cutely.

“Totally.”, she rolled her eyes then looked back to him again. “So… you’re supposed to be on the couch. Why are you here?”, she asked, raising an eyebrow.

“Duh? You left me in the living room and it’s really cold there. So I have to sneak in here for me to sleep comfortably.”, he said diva-ishly, to which Yerin thought that really didn’t fit him. She just sighed and made a face.

Jonghyun’s hold then on her waist tightened and he pulled her closer to him. His lips landed on her cheek and kissed it repeatedly, making smooch sounds.

“Good morning.”, He mumbled beneath her cheek.

Yerin smiled and turned her body to face him, still under his hold. She smiled at him until she remembered her worry last night of him being so stressed.

“So, can you tell me now why you really visited me late? You looked so stressed then.”, she said worriedly.

Jonghyun froze upon her question but of course, he didn’t make it obvious to her. Last night, before he was drifted to sleep, he was seriously wishing for all the things he has found out to be just a dream and everything would be fine when he woke up, but unfortunately, it was a complete reality.

He looked at her in the eyes and saw that worried look on her and his heart really sunk that he had to close his eyes to avoid the sight. He sighed and just shook his head.

Yerin cupped his cheek gently. “Hey… I know there’s something bothering you. You can share it to me.”

He opened his eyes and shook his head again. “Nothing. I’m just stressed… you know, office.”

“Was it that client who was looking for you at your office when we’re at the vacation?”, she asked again.

He stiffened but knowing that that is all she knows, he just slightly nodded. “Y-Yeah… that client.”

“They were giving me… s-something. They were asking me to take responsibility of it but I can’t accept it but then, I also can’t reject it that easily.”, he wasn’t looking at her while explaining as it was hard for him. He just found this as a way of ‘opening up’ to her that he hope could lessen his guilt as he half-telling the truth, but in a different way.

“Giving you something? Like a project? A job?”, she asked.

“S-Sort of.”, he answered in softly, still not looking directly to her eyes but to her lips, or to her neck instead.

“Then why don’t you want to accept it? You said you can’t reject it anyway.”, she asked curiously, completely oblivious of what was their real topic.

He finally looked onto her directly, with sad eyes. “Because I may have to pay at the end. There are a lot of things at risk on accepting that. I… I might lose… everything…” ‘and that is you’, he wanted to add that but he knows he can’t. He can’t tell, not now.

She sighed because she didn’t totally get his situation but she patted his cheeks gently. “Aigoo… Your business is so complicated. But I know you can handle it. I’m just here.”

He then pulled her closer to him and held the back of her head to bury face on his chest then he hugged her on her neck. “You’ll just stay with me whatever happens?”

She nodded her head because she can’t talk as her face is still on his chest.

Jonghyun managed to chuckle. “Then shall I marry you now? As in right now?”, he said. It may seem to be a joke but he actually half-meant it. To just end this right away, he just want to throw away everything and mind nothing but being her husband which, sadly, is impossible.

Yerin looked up at him. “You know, let’s just get up ‘cause you haven’t changed clothes since you got here and you didn’t even wash up before sleeping.”, she get off his tight hug and was about to stand up when Jonghyun pulled her back down which caused her upper body to land on his chest.

“So what are you trying to say, huh?”, he raised his eyebrow.

“You already stink?”, she said and shrugged to annoy him. She attempted to stand up again but he held her back and her neck firmly then crashed his lips onto hers.

She pulled away a bit, hand on his chest. “You haven’t even brushed.”

“Have you?”, Jonghyun asked to her. She shook her head then a smirk form on his lips.

“Then quits.”, he said and pulled her lips onto his again.

 

------------------

 

“Yah. You know I’m starting to get annoyed to you.”, Yerin said, glaring at Jonghyun while he is driving and she’s on the passenger seat.

They had met with the wedding coordinator again and were heading to his house when they started arguing again.

“Wae?! What did I do?”, Jonghyun glanced at her for a while then looked at the road again.

“I said let’s eat lunch out. I’m starving but you’re not listening to me.”, Yerin rolled her eyes.

He sighed. She was insisting to eat out but he prefers to just have lunch on his house.

Why?

Because for him, Seoul is a small place that people who aren’t expected to meet will eventually do. Hyejin said they live in Incheon but for now, while they’re waiting for his acceptance, they’re staying in Seoul. While he still hasn’t told to her everything yet and while he isn’t still ready, they’re not supposed to meet.

“Let’s just cook at home.”, he said, parking his car when they arrived at his house. He quickly got off the car and he came to the other side to open the door for Yerin but she already got out and she slammed the car door really hard that made him pity his poor car. He led the way inside his house and Yerin is still convincing him to just eat out instead but he has to hold on his decision so everything will be safe for now.

“Let’s just cook here baby. Check what ingredient is available in the kitchen.”, he said and flopped on his sofa while Yerin is just standing in front of him, her hands on the sides if her waist.

“But I don’t want to cook now. Let’s just eat out.”

Jonghyun shrugged his shoulder. “Then if you don’t want to cook, let’s just have it delivered. What do you want?”

She rolled her eyes and stomped her feet. “I don’t understand why you keep declining my request to go out. You’ve been declining me for days already.”

He stood up and walked to her. He held her hand and squeezed it. “We’ll go out some other time, okay? For now let’s eat lunch here.”

She looked at him in disbelief that he’s being in his most stubborn mode right now. And sensing that there’s no chance she can make him agree, she glared at him and literally threw off his hand that was holding hers before heavily walking to the kitchen.

“I HATE YOU KIM JONGHYUN!!”, she screamed on her way.

Jonghyun can’t help but to chuckle looking at her as she walks away. He always finds it cute when Yerin is totally not wanting to do something but still ended up doing it.

On the other hand, Yerin would slam all the cabinet doors as she checks what is available. She would also glare at random innocent things inside the kitchen. She’s not in the mood to cook and also it has become their setup for the past few days. She doesn’t get it why they were like locking themselves on either her or his house when they’re together.

‘Jonghyun is really unreasonable at times.’, she thought as she opened the last stock cabinet and there she found instant foods. She lost her appetite on eating good food already and she’s really not in the mood to do too much work in the kitchen, so there, instant food is the best solution. She scanned through the foods there and at the end, she grabbed two packs of instant ramen.

“Huh. You only have ramen for lunch.”, she mumbled, like she was saying it to Jonghyun. She huffed and was about to close the cabinet door when her eyes caught something.

‘A special ramen, perhaps.’

 

Jonghyun entered the kitchen when he smelled something. He had already sensed that Yerin would not give effort on cooking this time and he had proved it right when he saw her with bowls of instant ramen. He chuckled and sat at the dining table, waiting for the food.

“You’re really not in the mood for cooking today huh?”, he said.

“Just eat it.”, she rolled her eyes and placed a big bowl in front of him then she placed one on her spot before she sat down too.

“Well, I don’t mind eating unhealthy instant noodles for lunch.”, he said sarcastically then looked at his bowl and observed it. “Don’t you think this one is already expired? The color and smell is kinda weird.”

She glared at him. “Will I cook it if it’s expired?”

He shook his head and watched her as she start eating for her bowl. He just shrugged his shoulder and slurped big for his first bite. At first he thought it was fine, until the soup and the noodles in his mouth finally made contact with his taste buds and that moment, he thought he was eating fire.

“OHHHHHH!”, he fanned his hand in front of his mouth but it was no help. As the food stays on his mouth a strong taste and a burning sensation dominates his tongue.

“Oops. I forgot to tell you I put wasabi in it. But just a little, maybe about half the tube container.”, she smirked looking at the panicking Jonghyun.

She purposely didn’t put glasses of water on the table. So Jonghyun have to run to the refrigerator and search for a bottled water in full fuss. He gulped from it and he had to open another bottle to at least calm his mouth and his tongue that seem to have been burnt already.

When he’s already feeling fine, he looked at Yerin who is also looking at him and the girl just rolled her eyes and returned to eating. He sighed, already feeling comfort then.

“Remind me not to let you cook if you’re angry.”, he told her but without even a bit of anger in his tone.

“Remind yourself.”, he heard her mumbled in a sulking voice.

He sighed and opened the refrigerator again to find something to eat since he can’t have his ramen anymore. He took a pasta in a container from there and put it in the microwave. He leaned on the counter edge beside the microwave as he waits and he was standing behind Yerin. She wasn’t talking at all and kept her head down as she just kept swirling the noodles in her bowl with her chopstick, sometimes eating small portions from it.

She seemed angry but it was obvious that she is more on the sulky side. He felt sorry as he knows that she was feeling down because they barely go out these past few days. It was his fault for trying hard to be safe.

The pasta had finished heating. He took it out and sat again in front of Yerin who is still not talking and not even looking at him. She had that sad expression which he never wanted to see.

He sighed. “Where do you want to go for dinner?”, he asked in a gentle voice.

Yerin looked up at him but rolled her eyes and look at her bowl again to take a bite.

“Yah. Do you want seafood? Japanese food? Pasta?”, he asked again.

“I’m not eating dinner.”, she said coldly.

He sighed. “Look, I’m sorry. I really don’t want to decline your request but… it’s just..I’m kinda tired these days so I prefer staying home.”

She looked at him with observing eyes like she was thinking about his reason. He smiled and reached for her hand.

“I’m sorry. Let’s dine out tonight and promise, we’ll have a date if we found time.”

Yerin finally softened and smiled. “Don’t you want another instant ramen for dinner?”

 “If you’re the one making it, no thanks.”, he chuckled and Yerin hit his hand.

They were enjoying their instant-food-themed lunch while talking. Yerin was telling him random stories but he was just looking at her. He can’t fully concentrate. He was never in peace ever since he found out about his son and of course, he doesn’t want to hide it from her if only it was that easy and he had the courage.

“Yerin…”, he called out softly.

“Hmm?”

He had a long pause before talking. “W-What do you think about... kids?”, he asked stuttering. He thought he already had enough courage but it still wasn’t enough so he ended up not saying something not straight to the point.

 “Eh? Kids? Why ask suddenly?”, she looked confused.

“N-nothing. I just asked.”, he looked down.

He thought she wouldn’t answer it but after a few moments, which were moments when she actually think of what to say, she spoke.

“You know I like kids. I have always liked them.”, she answered.

Jonghyun just nodded, taking note of every answer she’d give and every reaction she’d make.

She then continued. “I like them because they’re innocent. And because they’re innocent, they shouldn’t be hurt. They should instead be loved and taken care of and they really deserve to be happy always.”

Jonghyun can’t react to what she said. She seemed serious on explaining her thoughts and he knows she’s sincere on every word she dropped.

‘they shouldn’t be hurt. They should instead be loved and taken care of and they really deserve to be happy always.’

Those words repeated on his mind and with that, he thought of doing something that can correct that little thing that he haven’t realized he’s been doing wrong all this time.

“Gosh Jonghyun. I’m telling you, don’t over think of those first. It’ll just give you crazy byuntae thoughts.”, Yerin rolled her eyes.

Jonghyun looked at her and grinned. “Why are you always talking those ‘byuntae’ things? Are you secretly asking for it?”

Her eyes widened. “Omg. This man, seriously.”, she huffed and when Jonghyun was about to reply, she found a very perfect timing. She quickly grabbed some from the wasabi noodles and shoved it in his mouth, which sent Jonghyun yelling again.

 

---------------------------------

 

Jonghyun was just staring at the little boy sitting on the couch across him. The boy was quiet since he got there in his house and was just sitting with his head down, not daring to look at him. He knows that Minki is still mad at him as he believes that he is the one who made his umma cry last time but also, it’s obvious that he fears him, based on how stiff Minki was in front him.

After hearing Yerin’s thoughts towards kids, he had realized he had been doing something wrong to Minki, in the form of not even minding to talk to him or even introducing himself properly so he asked Hyejin to bring Minki to him for them to talk, just the two of them. He hasn’t thought of how to accept him completely as his son as it was still hard for him but he believes this is a good first step.

“Minki…”, he called that made the boy flinched at became stiffer than he was before.

“C-Come here.”, he started as he doesn’t exactly know how to start or how to approach him.

It took seconds before Minki complied. He was obviously hesitant but out of fear, he ended up coming to him.

The boy stopped right in front of him. He doesn’t know that to do but soon, he gently held on the boys tiny wrists and it felt really weird for him.

“Are you mad at…hyung?”, he decided to use that term first.

Minki looked at him with careful eyes. “Y-you made umma cry. Are you going to make Minki cry too?”

His heart sunk on what he heard. He gently pulled him closer to him and patted little head. “I am not a bad man. Sorry for making your umma cry, I didn’t mean it. And I’m not going to make you cry.”

“R-really?”, he asked, looking up at him.

He nodded. “Are we good now?”, he asked and offered his hand in front of the boy. Minki looked at him then to his hand then finally smiled and he placed his small hand on top of his.

He felt relief that he was able to talk to him nicely and that they were in good terms now. Minki then sat beside him and Jonghyun tilted his body a bit to the side to face Minki.

Now, having a chance to look at the boy up close, he realized that the thing that Taemin was saying to him is all true. They really have resemblances. Thought it’s not too strong, one can tell that they have some features in common. The boy actually looks like a dinosaur too.

Hyejin have told him that she still hasn’t told Minki about him, being his father because he was waiting for him to personally say it, meaning he is already acknowledging him as his son.

“Minki, do you know where your appa is?”, he asked to Minki.

“Yes. Umma told me that appa lives here in Seoul. That’s why we came here.”, he answered in full smile. He has gotten comfortable with him already.

“Do you know who he is?”

This time Minki shook his head. “Mollayo. But you know hyung, my umma told me you know my appa. Can you tell me who he is?”

Minki’s eyes were sparkling in hope and anticipation. Now he understand Yerin that kids are innocent. Indeed, they are. Only a heartless man can afford to hurt them.

“What are you going to do if you see your appa?”, he asked again. His heart is seriously pounding and he felt really nervous all over.

“I’m gonna hug him. I see other kids hug their appas and they’re happy so I will do the same.”, he stated excitedly.

Jonghyun felt that it is the time. He should tell him now and he can’t back away anymore. With trembling hands, his hand went to the kid’s head and the hairs there.

“S-So, you will give me… a hug?”, he asked, and his voice is shaking.

Minki showed a confused look. “Waeyo?”

“You told me, you will hug appa. I… I…”, he had a hard time continuing. “I-I am… a-appa.”

The confusion on the kids faced never left for moments as his young mind is still processing what he heard. But then, being innocent, he smiled widely, without any hesitation, as soon as he understood it.

“You’re appa?”, he asked and stood on the couch.

Jonghyun slowly nodded and he was about to talk when he was suddenly attacked by the boy’s hug. Minki wrapped his short arms around his neck tightly while giggling. He’s arms slowly moved up, hesitation was never gone in him. He then slowly held onto the boy’s small body, hugging him back lightly.

Jonghyun knows he has to be happy because he succeeded on introducing himself properly, because he made the boy happy, and also because he had done the right thing but he really can’t be completely happy. The smile he was forcing to have in front of Minki was totally empty as he cannot really feel it.

He believed it was because he knows he hasn’t completely done everything right. He can’t still totally accept Minki, his friends still doesn’t know and even Yerin, he’s on the brink of losing her.

They were in that scene when someone came. They both looked at Hyejin who has her happy eyes on them, seeing them hugging already.

“Umma!!! This is appa!”, Minki squealed in happiness and ran to his mother. He quickly grabbed on her hand and pulled her closer to the couch they were sitting.

“Aigoo. Minki is so happy.”, Hyejin said, ruffling her son’s hair. Then she looked at Jonghyun.

“Thank you for accepting him.”, she smiled at him.

He looked at her with blank face. “Don’t thank me, I’m just doing the right thing.”

Hyejin grabbed Minki and sat him on her lap to make him stay put before looking at him again. “Have you told your girlfriend already?”

Jonghyun has to close his eyes for a while as he breathe deeply, feeling extreme nervousness and also pain by the mention of her girlfriend. “I still haven’t. I still can’t”, he said, with closed eyes.

“Do you need my help on talking to her? I can explain that it happened a long time ago and everything is by accident.”, she offered help sincerely.

His eyes automatically opened and looked at her direction. “No you won’t do that. I’m doing it my way. You don’t even have to show up to her.”

 

“Oh…”, her face slowly lowered down. “I-I’m sorry…”, there was a hint of pain in his voice but Jonghyun didn’t notice it, or to be exact, he just really didn’t bothered.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~``

ANNYEONGHASEYOOOO ^-^

Ohmygod. Did I just updated on two consecutive days??? Yes I did! OvO

To those readers who are really waiting for my updates and even leaving even a comment, you know who you are guys. THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

And to those dropping posts/ mentioning me on twitter, THANK YOU VERY MUCH ^w^ I appreaciate every message I swear. Please do talk to me a lot. Ask me anything, I'll be more than willing to answer and make friends^^

@JJmyun on twitter. (click)

KAMSAHAMNIDAAAAAA.