30: Don't be Mad :(

Tied To A Dino (My SLY Fox SEQUEL)

Right at the moment that the car had come to stop in front of the police station, Jonghyun jumped out of it, not even thinking to park it properly. It wasn't one of his concerns at the moment. He ran straight to the station with big steps and forcefully pushed the door open for him to be inside. When he got in, his eyes that were full of fear searched inside, scanning every people that was in that place until he finally saw that certain person he was wanting to see.

"Yerin-ah!", he called her loud that came out like a cry as he ran to her. When he got in front of her, he immediately pulled her up and embraced her tight.

"Jonghyun...", she mumbled, hoping to calm Jonghyun as she could feel his body very tensed.

"Are you hurt?", Jonghyun finally detached himself from her but held her in arm length so that he could scan her. His eyes landed on her left cheek where he saw a small wound plaster. He cupped her face. His expression hardened, projecting anger but pained look as his hand went up and his thumb lightly brushed above the plaster. It hurts him knowing that behind that plaster is a wound. She'd been hurt. He checked her arms and more parts of her and he was slightly relieved that he found nothing other than that.

"I'm fine.", Yerin said shortly. Jonghyun scowled, looking down at her and was about to talk when someone called behind him.

"Are you Mr. Kim, her husband?", an officer asked.

He faced him and bowed slightly. "Yes, I am."

The officer nodded. "As we've said over the phone, your wife's car is involved in a car accident, with a delivery truck. Based on what we have investigated, the truck's driver was drunk and lost control got on a wrong way. Good thing Ms. Yerin was able to steer immediately and just hit a small post. Fortunately, there weren't any serious injury. But her car got damages and needs repair.", he explained.

He nodded then glanced at Yerin who was standing beside her, just quiet and facing down. She looks vulnerable at the moment, probably still a bit shocked from what she have experienced. He wanted to hug her but something is refraining him to do so.

"You're alone and driving?", he asked, with low voice. Yerin peeked up at him and nodded before facing down again.

He ran her fingers through his own hair as he sighs exasperation, frown is slowly forming. Then a man being escorted by another officer passed in front of them.

"Is that the truck driver?", he asked, eyes leering straight to the man, obviously older than him and looked messy at the moment. He really looked drunk.

The officer he was talking to nodded and that's what triggered him to walk forward and grab the driver's collar. The didn't matter to him anymore because he's seriously mad. People around them tried to stop him but he didn't let go of the drunken man.

"My wife is pregnant. Do you know what you just ing did?", he yelled at him. The man bowed to him as he apologized and he seemed already sober but still also in shock.

Finally, the officers succeeded on making him let go of the man. He was held away as they continued to the driver to the other side of that station.

"You can take your wife home now. We already have her checked in our clinic and she's all fine. Please be safe the next time you drive.", he regarded his last sentence to Yerin. She just nodded quietly.

After thanking the officer, Jonghyun held Yerin's hand and pulled her with him out of the station and to his car that was hastily placed outside. Yerin looked up cautiously at Jonghyun as they walk because he's too quiet. He was holding her hand but she knew and she's so sure that he's hell mad at the moment, his face can tell.

Jonghyun opened the car door for her, and said nothing but just let go of her hand for her to get in. She stopped for a while to searched some expression on his eyes but failed because he wasn't even looking at her while holding the door for him. She can do nothing but just sigh as she climb in the car and Jonghyun also got in to the driver side.

The car engine remained at rest even after they're both in. There was tensing silence between them with Yerin just waiting what she would be hearing and Jonghyun just looking out the window.

"Where's Key?", he suddenly voiced out, still not looking at her.

She looked anxiously at him. Hearing his voice so low and cold brings a certain kind of fear on her and it took seconds before she can answer. "I-I left him.", she mumbled.

Jonghyun's eyes darted to her and they were sharp and that was enough to let her know how really mad he is. But he said nothing and finally started the car then drove away.

 

 

Jonghyun led the way entering their house and Yerin was just trailing behind him. His steps were fast and Yerin tried her best to catch up. She, following him feels like its taking forever, making her more nervous each step they take, and the silence isn't helping.

Finally Jonghyun halted from walking and she also did. She saw how scary his eyes were when he faced him and his expression is as hard as the floor they are standing on.

"You have no idea how mad I am right now.", he said in a loud, roar-like voice, and it made Yerin tensed on her spot. She kept quiet and tried to look up at him but ended up facing down again because she can't take to look at his scary eyes.

"Where the hell is Key, by the way?! Why did he let you leave him?"

"H-he had a sudden meeting. I w-waited but... i-it was taking too long...a-and it seemed important so—"

"So you left him?", he said with tightened jaw and Yerin nodded slowly, avoiding his eyes. He closed his eyes for a while with a frown, obviously controlling his anger. When it opened, nothing has changed, a pair of scary dark orbs were on her.

"You know? It's so hard to take care of you. I told you I don't want you getting hurt...", he stopped, looking at the plaster on her cheek and his jaw tightened even more. "I don't know what to do with you anymore. I'm doing my best to take care of you but why aren't you doing the same for yourself?"

He sighed deep then continued. "When I got into an accident, how did you feel about that?"

"Hurt, too.", she mumbled, still facing the floor.

"THAT!", he exclaimed. "I feel twice as that. Can't you sometimes try to listen to me and just do what you have been told? Why are you like this?", he told her, low and cold.

"I-I'm sorry.", Yerin mumbled again as she fiddles her finger.

He rolled his eyes and sighed. "Go upstairs and rest."

Her head shoot up to look at him, with wary eyes. She knew they're still aren't fine and she doesn't want to their conversation not settling their problem.

"But—", she was immediately cut off by Jonghyun's sharp gaze.

"I said go and rest!", he commanded loud that made her jump on her spot and she cannot do anything against the authoritative Jonghyun. He's hell mad. She just chose to take a step back and make her way upstairs and to the bedroom.

When she got in, she carefully laid herself on the bed and stayed staring at the ceiling. Having a silent surrounding where she is alone, the fear from what happened came back to her. She shuddered remembering how she saw the truck coming her way before she stirred the car to the side where she thought was safer. The first thing that she did when her car stopped then was hold her tummy, while breathing heavily as her heart races. Then she thanked God that they're both alright.

She sighed, looked down to her tummy and caressed it. She felt scared of loosing her precious gift.

"Baby... that was an accident but still, I'm so sorry for putting you in danger. Umma wasn't thinking well. It won't happen again, I promise."

 

-----

 

When she opened her eyes, darkness greeted her. She remained staring forward, blinking to help her mind adjust from her long sleep. Finally, when she became completely conscious, she reached for her phone that was beside her pillow to check the time. It's already 8pm. 'That's quite a long nap.', she thought as she sat up.

The room was dark, no signs that someone had been there, while she was sleeping, to at least turn on some lights. She remembered Jonghyun and wondered if he's still mad at her. She stood up, the lights and freshened up herself before going out of the room and downstairs.

She heard noises made by utensils from the dining area so she went there, then she saw Jonghyun arranging the table. He looked to her direction when he felt her presence and that was the chance for Yerin to scan his expression of seeing her. His eyes were cold while on her and that answers the questions she had in mind. He's still mad.

After looking at her blankly for seconds, Jonghyun, like he saw no one, retrieved his gaze and get back to preparing the table. Yerin pursed her lips and lowered her face as she walked cautiously towards the table. She noticed the table was set up for just one person and she looked at Jonghyun but he just turned and walked away.

"Eat.", he commanded coldly, having his back facing her as he puts back some foods to the refrigerator.

"Aren't you going to eat?", she asked, hoping that Jonghyun would be looking her way, but he didn't.

"Done.", he said.

She sighed. "Jonghyun.", she called softly and warily. She waited and get no response so she spoke again. "Jonghyun-ah, let's talk, please."

"What's the point? You don't listen to me.", he spoke cold and low. He threw her a quick cold glance after he finished what he was doing, then he walked past her.

"Please? This is so unsettling.",she begged, grabbing his arm to prevent him from getting away.

His eyes gazed darkly on her, his face is still blank and stiff. "I'm mad at you and it's too tiring to argue with you and scold you."

She whined. "But—"

He cut her when he raised his eyebrow on her as his jaw tightened. "JUST EAT THERE." , he ordered in a talk-and-you're-dead way.

She was startled by his expression so she immediately moved and sat on the spot on at the dining table prepared for her. Then she quickly picked up her chopstick. When she looked at her direction, he had already gone away. She sighed and sadly shifted her eyes to her plate. It was touching that though he's mad, he didn't forget to care for her, making her dinner. But eating alone, it's depressing. It's all silent, a killing one. This is something she never wanted to experience.

After a few bites from her food, she just kept on tossing and pricking it with her chopsticks, not wanting to eat it anymore but remembering that she's not eating just for herself but also for the baby inside her, she tried her best to finish her dinner. Also, Jonghyun won't surely like it if he found out that she didn't eat properly.

 

After dinner, she didn't know where in there house will she stay. It was too quiet and she doesn't know where else will she feel not empty and depressed. She still haven't seen Jonghyun since he walked away from her. It was bothering her that they're not talking but she's afraid to approach him again because he seemed really mad. At the end, she stayed in the living room and let herself be entertained by the television.

She didn't notice that she'd been watching TV for hours until she yawned. She turned off the TV and went upstairs to go to their bedroom. Before she push the door of their room open, she wondered if Jonghyun is inside. She worried that he might have been really angry that he doesn't want to be anywhere near her, and took up the other available room. She'll surely not be able to get some good sleep if that's the case.

She prayed silently before opening the door, slowly... and she almost jumped out of joy to find him there, sitting on their bed, leaning on their bed's headboard, using his ipad, looking clean and fresh as he looked like he just showered. His eyes landed on her when she went in and nothing has changed, those eyes that she loves were still looking icy cold at her and she felt a little punch on her heart. She wished those eyes would look at her again as it does before, in a way that her whole soul would melt.

Jonghyun was the first one to break the eye contact and retrieved his gaze. Yerin walked towards the bed, wanting to approach him for the nth time that day but he put his gadget down and climbed out of bed. She watched him with sad eyes as he walks away, again, from her. He headed to the door and went out. Yerin's body dropped automatically to the edge of the bed to sit, feeling weak. She just felt the biggest rejection in her life and it's too painful. She stared hopelessly at the door where he got out and wished that he would come back....

And right then the door opened again, letting in Jonghyun with a white plastic box on his hands. She blinked at his unexpected entrance. He says nothing and Yerin just watched him walk towards her until she just realized that he's already sitting beside her on the edge of the bed, facing her. He held her shoulder to make her face him as well. Her eyes went to the white box that he put down beside them and saw that it's a first aid kit. She shot her eyes back to his face again and scanned his expression. It's still cold though.

He was just quiet, not even looking on her eyes. He pulled the plaster off her cheek that revealed her wound. It was just a small cut actually but Yerin have noticed how his expression changed when he saw it. He then started to clean it with a swab, having it gently brushing her cheeks as his other hand holds her chin. He looks really serious and focused on what he does. It gave her a chance to admire how his husband looks, though she can't completely enjoy it because a hint of frown can be seen on his face.

He applied ointment to her cut and to help, she volunteered to take out the small plaster from the package. But suddenly he snatched it from her and made a sound by clicking his tongue, showing irritation. Then he held her chin, steadying it with a little more force then he stuck the flesh colored bandage over her cut to cover it. He made sure it attached well by running his thumb over it, then, finally, his eyes found hers. He stared straight to her eyes. Yerin looked at him with begging eyes, begging for him to stop the emotional torture on her and begging for him to hold her because she haven't felt his affectionate touch the whole day.

"Don't look at me like that. I'm still mad at you.", he said coldly. He dropped his hand that was on her cheek.

"I already said sorry.", her eyes turned more begging.

"I'm still not talking to you. You should learn.", he sighed then stood up. Yerin almost wanted to grab him and don't let go so he won't be able to walk away from her again.

Her eyes met his again when he looked down at her. He stared at her for moments, not talking. Yerin couldn't read his mind either. Then suddenly he sighed really deep.

"I honestly don't know what to do with you anymore.", he rolled his eyes away from her, and started walking away again but not too far. He just put the first aid kit on the table beside their bed then went to his side of the bed to lay down.

Yerin's lips slowly curved down, looking at Jonghyun who has his eyes closed. Thankfully he didn't turned his back on her, it would be a more depressing sight. She wanted to hug him and cuddle with him but she knew she can't. That day was supposed to be a happy one because she took leave, not only to take care of herself and her baby, but also to take care of her husband, but she ruined it.

"Again I'm sorry.", she talked softly because she knows Jonghyun is still awake. "I hope you won't be mad for too long. This is sad. I don't want this.", she said, then laid down to the other side of the bed.

 

------------------

 

 

Yerin woke up with no one beside her. Looking at the time, she assumed that Jonghyun already went to work. Yesterday had passed but Jonghyun's anger for her didn't. Though it wasn't a nice morning for her and she lacks energy, she stood up from the bed to go downstairs because she and Baby Kim is starving. When she got to the kitchen, she found cooked food on the table, with a small sticky note stuck on the food cover.

Don't go anywhere. Yes, you're grounded. Try listening to me this time

On that short note, she felt that he's still mad, and also, that he cares. It made her mood a shade brighter, even though he left without even saying goodbye to her. It's enough t for her to know that behind his coldness, there's still this warm spot on his heart that doesn't forget to care for her. She smiled and started eating the breakfast prepared for her. She talks to Baby Kim so she won't feel that she's eating alone again.

She was in the middle of eating when the doorbell rang. She took a toast with her then went to open the door for whoever that early visitor is. What welcomed her is Key, having his arms crossed over his chest, narrow and piercing eyes on her.

"H-hey...", she greeted, nervous because she knows exactly why he came.

Key walked in before he got invited. Yerin closed the door and was startled when she turned around to walk but found Key, looking down at her, hands now on his waist.

"What has gotten into your mind and you left me? Can't you understand the simple sentence 'wait for me.' ?"

She lowered her head. "I'm sorry. I just thought maybe you need more time for that meeting. I don't want to bother you."

He raised an eyebrow at her. "And you didn't even think of calling me afterwards nor inform me of what happened. If Jonghyun didn't tell me about yesterday, I'd be clueless until now."

She didn't say anything and remained bowing her head. Normally, she would answer back when Key is scolding her but she knows she really did wrong so she kept quiet. Key was frowning at her for a long time until he rolled his eyes with a sigh.

"How are you?", he asked, face and voice softened.

She already looked up at him as she knows that he's not mad anymore. How she just wish that Jonghyun could soften as easy as Key.

"I'm fine. I wasn't hurt except for this...", she pointed at her cheek. Then she pouted. "And except that Jonghyun still isn't talking to me."

Key huffed. "What do you expect, he'd be clapping his hands and praise you for being in an accident that could have not happened if you just listened to us? I was also reaaaaaally mad at you when I heard about what happened."

She just pouted. Sometimes isn't really helpful at all when she needs him to be.

"Oh well.", Key looked at his wristwatch. "I just dropped by here to check that you're fine and also to scold you. I have a meeting this morning. I'll visit you next time."

Yerin nodded and hugged him, for appreciation and because she just felt that she needs affection as she's not receiving enough since yesterday. "Thanks.", she mumbled.

Key's hand went to her hair and it downwards. He perfectly knows what's wrong between her and her husband, Jonghyun told him. "You two will be fine. His anger isn't that serious at all. You just have to talk and apologize. Knowing the two of you, you both can't last long with gap from each other."

She smiled and nodded before breaking the hug. She said another 'thank you' and send him off. She went inside the house again and closed the door but just after a few seconds, the doorbell rang again. She thought Key had forgotten something so she reopened the door expecting him, but instead another guy was there. The delivery man.

 

------

 

That night, Jonghyun came home with fruits. Yerin came to him, hoping that he'd greet her but he just looked at her and said nothing. Yerin offered to take the bad of fruits he's carrying but instead of handing it to her, he walked to the kitchen and placed it there.

She's just like a shadow beside him. She's all silent and just following him on anywhere he'd go. would sometimes open to talk but always ends up closing again because she doesn't know what exactly to say.

After doing things downstairs, Jonghyun went upstairs, with Yerin just trailing behind him.

"Jonghyun-ah...", she finally found courage to call him.

They have already entered their room but still Jonghyun haven't responded nor looked at her.

"Jonghyun aren't you really going to talk to me?"

Jonghyun stopped in front of the full length mirror and she stopped as well, just beside him.

"Until you learn to listen to what you're being told.", he said, loosening her necktie. She looked at his hands doing that and she slightly pouted. She wants to do it for him. She just shook that desired off because that's not the main concern. They seriously need to talk because she can't stand this situation anymore.

Jonghyun had finished removing his necktie and also undoing the first three button of his shirt. He turned to head to the bathroom but Yerin blocked his way with herself. Jonghyun frowned and stepped to the other side, wanting to pass but Yerin moved to also block that way.

"Move. Don't make me more mad.", he commanded looking straight.

Yerin bravely returned the look also straight to his eyes. "Not until we talk."

"We're talking."

"Not like this.", she pouted.

Jonghyun just rolled his eyes. Instead of answering he turned and changed his direction so Yerin wasn't blocking anymore. He headed to the closet instead.

She just stood still and watch his back as he walks away. She saw Jonghyun open the cabinet door and a small smile hinted her lips. She's actually anticipating something. She waited... and waited but she's not getting anything based on what she expected.

"Uhh..", she stepped a little, trying to peek at Jonghyun being covered by the cabinet door from afar. "By any chance... have you seen something in there?"

It took moments for his response. "No."

"No?", her brows furrowed. "As in nothing? Maybe a box... or something?", she asked.

"Nothing.", Another short reply from Jonghyun standing at a distance away from her.

She pouted and decided to go and check that cabinet herself. Jonghyun stepped back to give way to her as she search inside the closet cabinet.

"Where could that be? I just put it here.", she whined while searching.

"I wonder what a limited edition cologne is doing inside the closet."

Upon hearing it, Yerin paused, then slowly turned to face Jonghyun that was standing behind her. She saw him looking at the box of that cologne he was talking about, which turned out to be that 'something' she was looking for.

"You said you didn't...", she pouted.

"Do you know why is this thing there, huh Yerin?", he tilted his head to the side, regarding at her.

Yerin blushed a little. "I-it's for you. Peace offering, and also because I broke yours that last time." (a/n: remember?)

He didn't say anything and just continue looking at her, like analyzing her, and Yerin's heart is pouding as she doesn't know what is on his mind. She can't read him.

After the silence between them that occurred for moments, a sigh from Jonghyun was heard and he visibly relaxed. He moved and took Yerin in his arms, engulfing her in an embrace.

"You're frustrating, really.", he said, pulling him towards his body more.

Yerin closed her eyes, feeling the warmth of his hold that she hadn't felt for almost 24 hours. She missed this so much. It's her home, where her whole being can be relaxed. She hugged him back, tighter.

"I'm so sorry. I know I did wrong. I'm sorry for not listening to you, for defying you, for not thinking well and for being selfish. Please don't be mad at me anymore. I don't like you not talking to me, it feels really empty."

Jonghyun kissed the top of her head. "I'm not mad anymore. I also don't like not talking to you, it's unbearably hard."

"I'm sorry...", she buried her face on his chest.

"We're good. Just promise me not to do it again. You'll take care of yourself and Baby Kim more from now on and you're not going to be stubborn anymore. You know I don't want you getting hurt."

"Yes I promise.", a sob came out from her. She's just realized how he missed him and how hard was it being distant to him. Jonghyun immediately cupped her face and made her look up to him.

"Hey, it's okay now.", he smiles as he wipes his cheeks with his thumb. He saw the plaster and placed a kiss above it. Then he kissed her forehead and finally, his lips landed on hers. God knows how he wanted to kiss her for the past 24 hours. It was hell refraining himself to do so. Everytime she pouts in front of him when she's trying to talk to him but just being ignored, he almost closed his eyes just for him to not see those lips.

He smiled and gave her a last peck on the lips. "Where did you get this cologne? Don't tell me you went out?"

Yerin shook his head and giggled. "After I broke yours, I started searching where I could find the same one because I know you like it. Luckily I found one online—let's not talk about the price. Good thing it has been delivered in a right timing."

"I told you don't think that one you broke because I said yours is my favorite scent.", he grinned remembering the last time they talked about it. "But thanks. I like it."

 

------------

 

 

Skip.... Skip... Skip....

 

 

Dr. Lee smiled at them when the check up is done. "So... If nothing unexpected will happen everything will go well, the next time we'll be seeing each other again is on the day you'll be giving birth."

The couple both smiled. They have been told that the baby is healthy but that wasn't the one that is really bringing their joy but the fact that in weeks, their son will be out.

"Is there exact date of birth that you can give us?", Yerin asked, her hands being held tight by her husband sitting beside him.

"We're expecting it the 3rd week of this coming month.", Dr. Lee said.

"Oh, that's a week after your birthday!", Jonghyun smiled wide, telling to Yerin.

Yerin's mouth formed an 'o' shape. She had actually lost track of the date and forgot about her incoming birthday, because all she cared lately are things about their son.

"That'd be a great gift then!", Dr. Lee said.

"Yes it is, indeed.", she smiled and looked down to her turning 9 months-old tummy. It had grew a lot that she almost can't move. But that's all fine with her. Even if she can't walk, as long as she knew her beloved baby is growing inside her, she wouldn't mind.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ANNYEONG!

First thank you for the support you're giving me and this story. Those long messages, comments and mentions I've been recieving are just so heart warming and inspiring. Actually even those simple 'fighting~!' messages makes me smile.

*murmuring at the background* "Why is author-nim talking this emotional/dramatic suddenly? Is she ending the fic?"

^-^ Of course not. There's still Baby Kim :) BTW. Shall I announce Baby Kim's real name before or after birth?

Oh. Sorry if I'm not updating much. I'm trying, really. SARANGHAE YEOROBUN~!