10: Cat and Dog Engagement

Tied To A Dino (My SLY Fox SEQUEL)

Authornim had been gone for quite a long time. I'm sorry for that. Do you still remember he story? Well, we stopped after they got engaged so now let's continue. ^-^

------------------------

 

Jonghyun checked on his wristwatch as he walk on his way. He thought he was late but seeing the time, he smiled in relief.

"Just on time.", he said as he stopped in front of the door of Yerin's house. He wasn't late. He is actually far from being late and he's just too excited of their schedule for this day.

Jonghyun turned the knob but it is locked so he had to use his key to open it. He stepped and walked in, looking around for Yerin. He then heard the sound which he assumed to be from the TV so he went to the living room.

"Hey.", he loudly called out to Yerin when he got to the living room, but she didn't respond.

The TV is on. Yerin is there, half-sitting and half-lying on the couch, and eyes are closed.

"Yerin.", he called out again, but this time, gently. Still no response.

He walked closer to the couch where Yerin is. She probably fell asleep unknowingly as she is still holding the TV remote on her hand, and there is a bowl of unfinished bowl of cereal on the coffee table. He chuckled at her image then bent down and gently removed the remote control from her hand.

He gave a light kiss on her forehead before cupping her face to gently rub his thumb on her cheeks. "Hey baby, wake up.", he whispered.

Yerin slowly opened her eyes, looked at him, scanned the whole place, then looked at him again. Her eyes are slowly blinking, sign of sleepiness.

"Why are you sleeping there?", Jonghyun asked, giving another kiss on her forehead before helping her sit properly, then he sat beside her.

It took seconds before Yerin answered. She rubbed her eyes and yawned. "I was watching..."

Jonghyun stared at her, then he realized she's still on her pajamas. He checked on his wristwatch again. "Then why aren't you prepared yet? We're gonna be late."

Yerin gave him a confused look, like she have no idea what was he talking about. Jonghyun noticed it. "We have schedules today remember?", he reminded.

"We have?", Yerin gave a more confused look. Jonghyun blankly stared to her but his eyes were like threatening and reminding at the same time.

She dug on her mind of what is planned to be done on that day and finally she remembered. "Oh!", she facepalmed herself. "Sorry I forgot that we're gonna be meeting the wedding coordinator."

"Exactly!", Jonghyun nodded in agreement. "So you better prepare now."

Yerin sleepily stood up while yawning but then, before she can even take a step, the gravity from the sofa seemed to be very strong so she flopped herself back down again on a half-lying position.

"Five minutes more...", she mumbled while making herself comfortable on her place. "Make it ten.", she added before completely closing her eyes.

He just looked at her in disbelief but he can't help to feel a little worried for her. Yerin isn't someone who is very much fund of sleeping but these days, being the one who was left with all the paperworks and all at the office because Key already left for the overseas project, he understands why she wasn't able to do something else aside from working and sleeping. Actually, their appointment with the wedding coordinator should have been weeks before but he chose to delay it for her.

But he realized that delaying this means delaying their wedding, and he surely doesn't like that so they're going to the coordinator today, even if it takes carrying a sleeping Yerin to there.

"Yerin get up. We're gonna be late.", he pulled Yerin's arm to make her sit up properly but because she wasn't supporting herself, she ended up sitting but leaning to Jonghyun's chest which she then slept on.

Jonghyun tensed up when she s her arms on her like he was a human pillow. He felt like giving in to her request but he tried his best to carry on. He sighed. "Yah Yerin. Don't use this against me, I'm not gonna bite it. Get up now.", he peeled her away from his body and shook her a lot.

"YAH!", Yerin yelled at him. "I need more sleep so please.", she glared at him before standing up to march towards her bedroom.

Jonghyun quickly grabbed her arm. "I said we're gonna be late. It's already scheduled."

"Then go schedule it again some other time.", she tried to shook off his hand from her arm but he's not letting go.

"I already have it re-scheduled for like three times already for the same reason. We're never gonna finish if we're not going to start so whether you like it or not, we're going. Even if I have to drag you out still with your pajamas, I will.", he acted serious in front of her which he thinks to be effective because Yerin remained silent and blink a few times.

"I'm not kidding.", he added.

Right then, knowing how Jonghyun can be very stubborn at times and knowing that this might not end well, she has no choice but to follow.

"ARRASSEO!!!!", she yelled very loud to let out all her frustrations. Then she walked towards her bedroom to prepare and slammed the door.

Jonghyun's lips curved up because he won. "Aigooo~ It feels so good to be obeyed.", he sang as he sat to the sofa. "Yerin be fast~ Don't you dare sleep there inside.", he said loudly for Yerin to hear.

"SHUT UP!", he heard a loud answer from the bedroom.

 

---------------

 

Few fusses and yelling after, they both ended up in the car, on their way to their appointment. Jonghyun is driving happily while Yerin on the other hand, has her head leaning on the window glass and her face is completely dark. She kept on shooting Jonghyun with deadly glares but then she also kept on yawning.

Jonghyun's hand crawled from the gear-shift stick to Yerin's seat then he grabbed her hand. Though Yerin tried to take her hand away, he held it firmly.

"Can you not touch me 'cause I'm really hating you right now.", Yerin glared at him again.

He just chuckled. "Just because I disturb your precious sleep for some important matter?"

"Don't talk to me.", she looked away.

"Fine. Be stubborn as much as you want but I'm the boss today."

She once again glared at him. "Boss your face! Don't talk to me. I hate you. I'm sleepy. AND I HATE YOU."

"You're still gonna be Mrs. Kim soon though.", Jonghyun laughed evilly.

"Why did I even agree?", she said and rolled her eyes. Jonghyun just keep on laughing, totally enjoying teasing her.

 

They finally arrived to their destination after a long drive. They entered in a pretty wedding shop and was welcomed by the staffs inside.

"Annyeonghaseyo. We have an appointment with Ms. Kang.", Jonghyun told to one girl who attended to them. The girl nodded and told them to wait at the receiving area for a while as she call the coordinator he was referring to.

After a few moments, a lady went out of a door and greeted them with wide smile.

"Oh. Annyeonghaseyo. Finally, you two went here after a lot of re-scheduling.", Ms. Kang said jokingly.

"I'm very sorry Ms. Kang, it's actually my fault 'cause I'm really busy these past days.", Yerin bowed for apology. Then threw a short glare to Jonghyun.

"Aniyo. It's just fine. At least your here now. Shall we start?", Ms. Kang said and they all sat down.

Brochures were brought to them by the staffs and laid on the center table in front of them. The coordinator scanned through those and then picked one.

"So let's start here.", she handed it to let them see the pages. "First let us pick concepts. Here are some examples. You can browse through these to get ideas for your own wedding."

They both started scanning the pictures. Yerin was the one holding the brochure and Jonghyun is looking too from behind her.

"That one looks good.", Jonghyun pointed at one picture that caught his attention.

"No it's not.", Yerin answered back bluntly and continued flipping the pages.

He raised his eyebrow. "Oh. So you want this huh?",he thought to himself while staring at Yerin with an evil smirk. Since he have started annoying her since morning, might as well just continue doing it, he's enjoying it anyway. He just remained silent and watched Yerin as she continues to flip the pages of the brochure.

"Omo~ This looks nice!", Yerin exclaimed as she points to a photo, then she looked at Ms. Kang.

"Yes. I think so too.", the she answered.

Jonghyun pretended to look closely at the picture then he huffed. "Tch. Too plain.", she commented bluntly.

Yerin's head automatically turned to him, gritting her teeth. "What?"

He shrugged. "It isn't nice for me at all. The one I pointed earlier is way better."

Her eyes fired up, not leaving Jonghyun, as she closed the brochure heavily. Jonghyun just calmly looked back to her, showing an unaffected expression. They stared at each other for a moment and Ms. Kang, sensing the tension, coughed to call their attention.

"U-uhm.. M-maybe... let's just look at the wedding dress designs.", she spoke, trying to carefully take the brochure from Yerin's hand. The two finally cut their tensing glare to each other and paid attention to Ms. Kang, handing them an album.

The coordinator sighed in relief when they started browsing through the pages where there's photos of different designs of wedding dress. But that relief didn't last long because everytime Yerin would stop flipping pages and looks into a photo, Jonghyun would huff, make 'tch' sound, or give a disagreeing comment, causing him to earn a glare from Yerin.

Then finally Yerin, happily pointed at a dress. "This! This is really it. I know this is really it."

Ms. Kang, as well as Jonghyun, came closer to look at the dress she was referring to.

Ms. Kang's face glowed as she agreed to her and finds the dress really pretty and it will surely fit her perfectly.

"It's pretty, isn't it?", Yerin asked for assurance with sparkling eyes.

"Yes it is. You have a great taste.", the coordinator agreed.

"Uhh...", They both turned to Jonghyun when they heard him. "You should pick another one, and I prefer white gown."

Yerin immediately frowned. "Wae? This one is pretty and I love purple. I want this."

"Go pick another one.", he said and he seemed serious.

She shook her head. "No. I said I want this. I'm the one who's wearing it so why are you deciding?! I want this purple one.", her voice slightly raised in irritation.

"White is better. And that's too y. Change it.".

"Are you serious?", Yerin said through her gritted teeth while her eyes is glaring to his soul. He nodded and that is what brought Yerin to the edge of her patience. She harshly stood up and stormed out of the shop without any word, leaving the two. They both looked at each other.

"That gown is too y, right? And white is the perfect color for a wedding gown, isn't it? Am I wrong?", Jonghyun asked. He actually opposed to Yerin's choice of gown not because he wanted to continue annoying her but because his stated reasons are true. He found the cut of the gown she picked to be too showy and of course he doesn't want that. She's her bride-to-be and he can't let others see too much of her skin, it's just for his sight, only for him. And about the color, he understands that she loves purple but for him it would be the greatest to see her in white gown. White makes everything pure, sincere and clean, just like how he wanted their marriage to be. But Yerin seemed to misunderstood it because she's too annoyed about earlier.

"Well... I think what's best is you two talk to each other first then come back here when everything is fine. This is your wedding you should pay attention to it.", Ms. Kang said.

He sighed and nodded. He stood up and bowed to the lady before he thanked her and bided goodbye. He hurriedly went out of the shop, ready to find Yerin whom he thought who have ran away but he was relieved to see her just sitting inside his car. She looked at his direction but looked away immediately with dark face. He quickly walked towards the car and went in.

"I thought you left.", He smiled at her, not starting the car yet. Yerin didn't answer and just kept on looking outside the car.

"Hey...", He called out with a gentle voice, grabbing her chin to make her face him but she jerked his hand away.

"For some reason that I don't know, you're intently annoying me. Why do you keep on opposing to what I want?", she glared at him.

Jonghyun chuckled. "Because I told you, I'm the boss today."

She gave him an 'are-you-serious' look then she sighed deep and rolled her eyes. "Enough. I'm done talking to you.", she moved and opened the car door on her side to go out but Jonghyun stopped her by pulling her arm to make her sit again. He bent over her to reach the door and closed it then he reached for the seatbelt and strapped it himself to secure her on her seat. He remained bending close to her, one of his hand holding to Yerin's seat and the other one to the dashboard to support his position.

"I just missed you 'cause everything got really busy these past days. And I just missed annoying you, just like before.", he smiled then continued. "You know why I want to be the boss for today?", he asked close to her face. Yerin didn't answer and just stared back at his eyes.

 

"It's just for now, let me enjoy being the boss. Because after the wedding, I assure you, tables will be turned. I'm gonna be your slave forever, and I'm willing to."

Yerin's face immediately went red. His words still has this kind of effect to her after all this years, and now it even got worse, talking about their wedding. She has this feeling like she can't hold her feels and one more word from him she would explode.

"So annoying...", she just mumbled then hugged Jonghyun's neck. He smiled and kissed the crook of her neck before he hugged her back, tighter.

She parted a bit away then looked up at him. "Then can we go and visit Sodam unni?"

He laughed then totally let go of the hug to start the car. "No. We're going home. You said you want more sleep."

"But--"

"We're going home. No buts. I said I'm the boss.", he covered with his hand. Yerin frowned but had a smirk before she opened and bit Jonghyun's hand hard which made him yelp while shaking his hand while the other one is managing the stirring wheel. Yerin just laughed and sat contented that she already had her little revenge on him.

 

-------------

 

"Ahjusshi. Don't mind that car and just drive.", Yerin told the taxi driver as she looked at the car behind them speeding up and following them.

She's heading to his sister's house and he's following. Why is she in a taxi and why is a car following her?

Well it's because Jonghyun and her were on a date and they are having a little argument about something again. Then she received a message from Onew that they will be visiting Sodam to check on the last month of her pregnancy. Jonghyun was so into the argument and starting to get pissed so when she said she wants to visit Sodam too, he disagreed. Because she have been wanting to pay a visit to Sodam but Jonghyun always opposes, she ended up leaving him on their date and Jonghyun chasing after the taxi she rode.

The taxi finally stopped on her destination as well as Jonghyun's car. Before Yerin can even get out of the taxi, he quickly went out of his car and went to her.

"Yah! Why did you leave me there?", Jonghyun confronted right when she stepped out of the car. She just looked at him for a second and didn't bother answering and just walked past him. He was about to follow when the driver spoke.

"Uh mister, I am not paid yet."

Jonghyun looked at the driver, looked to the walking Yerin in disbelief, then he looked back to the driver again. He sighed and took out his wallet, then just grabbed a random bill from it and handed it to the driver.

The driver ajusshi took it but was surprised. "I can't give you change for this. This is too big."

"Just take it. Consider the excess as my tip for bringing her safe here.", he said then bowed before running to chase Yerin.

He ran fast that he caught up to Yerin before she can even enter the house. He stood at the entrance to prevent her from coming in further.

"Yah. You! Why do you have to leave me like that?", he asked again.

Yerin looked up at him frowning. "You weren't even listening to my request so I just came alone. I don't even understand why you don't want to check on your pregnant sister."

"I do check on her. Now you can't come in until you say sorry for leaving me on our date just like that.", he said authoritatively.

"Move.", Yerin commanded instead of doing what he says.

"I said not--AHHHH!", Jonghyun yelped in pain when Yerin suddenly stepped on his foot very hard. He hopped on one foot, giving her a chance to come in. She felt that he is really getting pissed so she ran into the house, and when he regained his strength, he yelled and ran after her.

"Unniiiiii!", she screamed while running, asking for help. Good thing she immediately found Sodam walking out of the kitchen. She quickly hid behind her like a kid.

"What's going on? What's with the screaming and yelling?", Sodam asked with shock expression, totally oblivious of the fuss happening.

Before she can even answer Jonghyun came and pointed at Yerin. "Yah! You're really being too much.", he tried to grab Yerin but she was using his pregnant sister as a human shield. They ended up like playing hide and seek, and the poor Sodam as the post.

"YAH! STOP! YOU TWO! JUST PLEASE STOP!", she finally yelled, holding her hands up in between them.

"What are you two up to?", they heard someone spoke and it was Onew whom they didn't notice earlier.

"His fault." / "Her fault."

They spoke in unison, pointing at each other. Sodam and Onew sighed at the couple's childishness and just like a bell to save them from frustrations, Taemin and Minho came and greeted everybody.

"Oh noona. How are you?", Minho asked.

"I'm perfectly fine.", she smiled and when she looked at Taemin, she saw her looking at her with a very big amusement on his face.

"Woah noona! You look so...", Taemin paused for a while to give way for his amusement. "...bloated", he finished, while looking at the woman's big tummy.

She looked at him with a -__- face. "Taemin, what an appropriate word.", she said blankly.

"No. Seriously noona! It looks like you're gonna pop anytime ̶ nbsdnbvwegth", Taemin's next words become muffled as Minho grabbed him and covered his mouth to stop him and his annoying innocence.

She thanked Minho, then turned back to the childish couple. She brought her hands on her waist and faced them. "So what is this again?"

"Noona. That girl just left me, without any notice, on our date. And I have to chase her all the way here.", Jonghyun explained while his glare to Yerin never left. After hearing Jonghyun, Sodam turned to Yerin to ask her side.

"But it's because he's not listening to me that I want to go here. He just continues to rant over something which I completely don't get. I don't even understand why he doesn't want to go here and check on you.", Yerin explained.

Sodam looked at them with furrowed brows, as well as the other boys, while absorbing the senseless reason of their fight again. It has been a normal scene for them to witness the cat-and-dog relationship of this couple, it's like their 'quality time' is to fight, but they know it's nothing that serious so it never worried them.

Sodam chuckled. "Oh Yerin. Maybe someone is just feeling too much envy now that I am having my baby.", she teased that earned laughter and more tease from the others, except for Yerin who still kept on glaring at Jonghyun.

"I'm gonna have one soon too so why envy anymore?", Jonghyun defended.

"Tch. Why so sure?", Yerin rolled her eyes and he looked at him with wide eyes. They were on that situation when an ear piercing greeting was heard all over the house.

"Annyeonghaseyoooo everyone~!". They all looked at the noise's direction and found that it is Key, with all his luggage and stuffs.

"Gosh. It's indeed Key's loud voice.", Minho rolled his eyes but smiled.

"Oppa~!", Yerin's dark face got replaced by a wide smile then she ran to Key and immediately hugged him.

"Kibum you're back. Why didn't you even call us?", Onew asked and also went to Key to do their fist bump, as Yerin is still hugging to him like a kid who got reunited with her father.

"I thought everyone is busy so I decided not to bother anyone. I just decided to drop by here at noona's house because it's near the airport, but I don't know you're all here.", he said then shifted his look to Yerin, who finally finished hugging him, then to Jonghyun.

"So...", he raised his eyebrow at them. "As to what I heard when I came in, you're fighting again for the nth time."

The couple glared again at each other then looked away at opposite direction.

"I just can't believe that they're actually engaged.", Taemin commented. Others nodded in agreement.

Key sighed. "Well...Because I just came back and the project is a massive success, everyone got really busy these past days, specially Yerin and for these couple to at least relax and also to celebrate the engagement... let's have this whole weekend as a vacation, out of town, my treat."

Everyone cheered and rejoiced to the very good news that he announced. Minho even hugged Key and Onew hugged Key's legs because of too much happiness.

"That's the greatest thing you have ever done Kibum, seriously.", Jonghyun said. Everyone looked weirdly at him--or them, because all of a sudden and no one even noticed how the two ended up side by side again, like nothing happened. Jonghyun had his arm extended on Yerin's shoulder and Yerin's arm in wrapped on his waist.

"Like seriously, I want to believe they aren't normal.", Onew mumbled and facepalmed himself.