BYE

Tied To A Dino (My SLY Fox SEQUEL)

[DIDN'T RE-READ THIS SO SORRY FOR ERRORS.]

 

Yuhan quietly watches from his seat at the dining table as Yerin wander around the kitchen, preparing his breakfast, and he's looking cautiously, yet worriedly at her. Yuhan woke up and realized that his mother is being extremely quiet for the past days, though she still acts jolly when playing with him.

"Umma...", he called his mother.

"Yes baby?", Yerin placed his food in front of him with a smile.

Yuhan didn't talk, he just looked up to Yerin with a worried look. He was about to ask if she is sick when Jonghyun came in to the kitchen. Both their eyes went to him but Yerin retrieved her look after a second.

Yuhan grinned at his Appa as a greeting when he sat beside him at the table, and Jonghyun smiled back at him, patting his head. Yuhan then looked at Yerin, expecting her to sit with them but he saw that she's about to walk away after she finished setting the table.

"Umma why not eat?", he asked, pouting slightly.

Yerin smiled at him. "Umma is still full. I will eat later. I'll clean the bedrooms first."

Yuhan wanted her to stay but he cannot protest. He just sadly watched her mother walk away while on the other hand, Jonghyun stayed silent, only looking at the plate in front of him as if no one left.

"Appa... Is umma sick?"

Jonghyun looked at Yuhan and for the first seconds, he didn't know what to say but he just decided to project a fake smile in front of him.

"Maybe." he replied shortly then he pulled Yuhan's plate near so he can feed him.

"Umma is quiet... Is she sad because she's sick?", Yuhan asked again before taking the food being fed to him.

Jonghyun stared at Yuhan, measuring him. He doesn't want to tell lies to his son but he's worried that he might not understand. He ended up sighing.

"It's my fault, baby. Appa made umma sad. I'm sorry.", he touched Yuhan's cheek.

"Why you say sorry to Yuhannie?", Yuhan's brow furrowed. "You should say sorry to Umma."

"It won't be that easy.", Jonghyun answered as if Yuhan can really understand their situation.

Yuhan scratched his head. "Appa, it's easy. You though Yuhannie to say sorry. Just say SO-RRY, then you bow like this...", he jumped down from his seat, then demonstrated a polite bow, like what he has been thought.

Though Jonghyun is feeling down, he managed to chuckle at Yuhan's action. He sat him back again to his chair then he pulled the chair closer to him so that they could talk nearer with each other.

"Appa has something to tell you...", he said face to face while holding his little hand. Yuhan just remained looking at him, nodding, while waiting for his next words.

Jonghyun sighed. Yuhan still doesn't know about his business trip to China when it's just few days before he leaves. He kept worrying that it might upset him but he cannot hide it to him as he'd be more upset to be surprised with his departure.

"And you have to do some things for appa...", he said to which Yuhan nodded without hesitation, then Jongyun started telling him.

 

 

 

 

_______________________

 

 

 

 

Departure day....

 

 

 

Jonghyun doesn't know what more can he do to stop Yuhan's wailing, he's just kneeling in front of him, wiping his face drenched with tears, while they're at the front door of their house. Seeing his son like this makes him want to stay and cancel everything but unfortunately he can't.

Yerin, who's standing a few steps behind Yuhan, also has her heart aching seeing Yuhan cry like that.

Jonghyun wiped Yuhan's nose with his handkerchief. "Appa will be back really soon baby, I promise. I'll be back with a lot of gifts for you."

Yuhan's cry became louder. "Don't want!!!"

Jonghyun hugged him and carried him along when he stood up. "I'll call you, promise... Baby please stop crying, appa has to leave but I can't if you're like this.", he talked gently as he carry him and Yuhan's embrace to his neck is very tight. Fortunately, the wailing ceased but loud sobs didn't. They remained in that position for a bit longer until Jonghyun felt that Yuhan had calmed down. He asked if he could put him down already and Yuhan nodded.

He kneeled in front of Yuhan again after he set him down. "Be good okay?" Yuhan nodded and he was about to cry again but Jonghyun saw that he struggled not to.

"Appa wait here...", he said, with his little lips curved down before he turned back and ran away. Jonghyun followed him with his eyes, confused.

When Yuhan is gone, he stood up, then his eyes landed on Yerin, who's just looking down as she stands at a distance from him. He stared at her for quite long but it seems like she has no plans on looking back at him.

He sighed. "You really aren't gonna talk to me until I leave?"

Yerin bit her lips, as she can feel Jonghyun's piercing look towards her, and he sounded a bit mad too so she breathed and slowly looked up to him.

For a week already, they haven't been talking to each other. The last time they did, they were fighting and Jonghyun walked away, mad at her, since then both of them remained silent and cold towards each other. Yerin doesn't like any of what is happening to them but she cannot do anything. Everytime she sees him, she feels pain, remembering what he saw and what she believes he did.

"Be safe...", she said almost inaudible.

"Seriously, Yerin? We're gonna be like this until today?", Jonghyun's jaw tightened.

Yerin sighed. "Just... just be safe and come back home."

Jonghyun rolled his eyes. Before he can even say something back, Yuhan came, holding a little dinosaur stuffed toy.

"Appa...", he handed it to Jonghyun. "It's Yuhannie... bring it."

Jonghyun's expression softened, as he take the little dinosaur. He carried Yuhan once again and hugged him tight. "I'll miss you. Behave okay?.... and remember your promise to me."

"Ne~", Yuhan nodded. Yerin looked at them. They didn't said anything more about the promise and Yerin doesn't know about that.

Jonghyun already put Yuhan down after he kissed him and he was about to carry his luggage but Yuhan looked at him like he was waiting for something. He then realized what it is.

Jonghyun's eyes went to Yerin and she, too, is looking at him. They were both silent but kept staring at each other like they were discussing something with their minds.

At the end, Jonghyun walked to her and initiated a hug. Yerin hugged him back....

 

.... but that's the most awkward hug they have felt ever. An awkward, cold hug, like it's just for formality.

 

"Bye.", Yerin whispered to him. It hurts her to say those words, like it means something deeper... She doesn't have any idea that Jonghyun, too, felt hurt hearing that from , at their current situation.

"I hope this gives you enough time and space to think, as you wished.", Jonghyun whispered too with a hint of grudge in his voice.

 

They let go of each other and Jonghyun stepped away to grab his luggage. He patted Yuhan's head again before he went out of the door.

 

 

 

 

 

_________________________________

 

 

 

"Excuse me, Meeyeon. Are you done with your shoot?"

Meeyeon looked at who talked behind me while she was in the resting, and it was Key.

She smiled. "I finished the first part and just waiting for the next."

"Then can you come with me?", Key said with a smile on his face.

Meeyeon stared at him. He doesn't usually smile at her nor even talk to her so it made her wonder what with him today that he seemed nice to her. She just stood up and smiled.

 

Key led the way and Meeyeon just followed. Soon, she realized they are heading to her dressing room. The side of her lips curled up, thinking of the reason of why could he possibly be leading her in her dressing room where, she knows, nobody is there at the moment.

 

'Oh Meeyeon, once again, you're charm worked its magic.'

 

Key is the one who pushed the door open while she is just trailing behind him, somehow anticipating. When they're in, and Key closed the door, she almost thought that what in her mind is correct but then, she saw her manager is also in there, sitting on the couch. She looked at him sharply and he cannot look at her straight.

 

"So, what is up?", he asked, looking at Key.

 

The bright smile that was on Key's lips earlier suddenly turned into a sharp sarcastic smile, with his arms are crossed above his chest.

 

"Since your done with your shoot, you can now gather your things, empty this dressing room and leave.", Key is looking at her eyes straightly.

"Why? I still have my next part for today.", Meeyeon looked at him confused, then she also looked at her manager, who still cannot look at her.

"No more photoshoot for you. From now on, you are not the main model of this project anymore. You're not a part of this anymore so there's no reason for you to stay here any longer."

"What?", she blurted out, still confused.

"You heard me, you can go now.", Key tiled his head to the others side, with a sharp gaze towards Meeyeon.

"Why??", she asked and turned to her manager again. "Manager Ahn?', she called his attention this time but all he responded is a single nod, silently telling her to just do what Key says.

"I'm sure you perfectly know why. It's not that you already forget what crap you just did.", Key said.

Meeyeon got what he means but she was surprised that he knew about it. "So she told you?"

Key raised an eyebrow. "No she didn't. I just know... so now...", he shooed her with his hand to complete his sentence.

was left with a gap, looking at him with disbelief. "No, you cannot do this to me. We signed a contract for this."

Key chuckled. "Yes, we did. But it seems like you did not read it well. It was written there that we have the right to terminate that contract and remove you from this project if we aren't satisfied with your work or if we are having problems dealing with you, any sort of problems."

She already balled her fist and her expression is unexplainable. "Manager Ahn!", she screamed, seeking help from her manager as she's loosing.

"Meeyoen let's go.", her manager stood up.

"I expect this room to be empty when I come back later.", Key said in finality, taking no response and walked out straight.

Meeyeon hands frustratedly went through her hair until the ends. "Manager Ahn, what now? Why did you just let that man dump me like that? You should be protecting me and my career."

Manager Ahn sighed. "Meeyeon, I know what you did and I have already warned you about this before. I told you they can do a lot of things if you mess with them."

Meeyeon just stamped her feet while whining. She's so mad but helpless, like trying to break a steel wall with her hands.

Manager Ahn started to pack Meeyeon's things as she seemed to have no plans on doing it. "Their company is influential, you should have thought of it. This could badly affect your career, knowing that a big company turned you down."

"No, this can't be.", she faced her manager. "Call my brother, he can do something about this."

Manager Ahn hesitated but Meeyeon is insisting, getting mad so he was left with no choice but to dial her brother's number, him being the biggest investor on Meeyeon's current agency.

 

Meeyeon is biting her nails, feeling nervous, as faces her manger's back while he's talking on the phone. She cannot hear what they're talking about so she has no idea how's the conversation going. After a few minutes, his manager finally put the phone down and faced her.

"What did he say?", she asked immediately.

Manager Ahn's facial expression isn't good and that made Meeyeon more nervous. He shook his head. "Your brother said he cannot help you."

"What??", she blurted out.

"He said he already warned you but you didn't listen. Now you should take the responsibility for what you did.

"NO HE CANNOT DO THIS TO ME HE'S MY BROTHER!", she screamed once again. Manager Ahn tried his best to hush her down because they might be heard from the outside.

 

And actually, Key can hear everything behind the door. He rolled her eyes, 'Serves you right '.

________________________________

 

Hi! It's been 12 days since my last update. You might be tired of taking this excuse from me but... sorry, I'm very very very busy. I actually spent the whole week (two days without sleep) doing projects and reviewing for exams. Luckily, we have no classes today so I woke up at 5am to start writing this update.

Thank you for waiting.

I'm not gonna promise, but I'll try to update later. BYE~

`