5: Uh oh. Please not again.

Tied To A Dino (My SLY Fox SEQUEL)

 

HI AGAIN. HIATUS IS OVER. Told yah guys, it won't be for too long :) I just rested. Let's continue this!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

The waiter came and put down the food that they ordered, then he left after giving a polite bow. This was supposed to be a dinner meeting but Yerin insisted to order a very light snack only, she don't wanna be full before having dinner with Jonghyun. So Mr. Shin doesn't have a choice but to order the same light snack.

Yerin watched him dug on his food and she waited for him to start the conversation that is really the purpose of this dinner but it seemed like he won't be talking. She glanced at her watch as her finger tap impatiently on the table.

Then she sighed. “Mr. Shi--”

“Minwoo. I already told you to call me Minwoo.”, he said.

She sighed again. “Okay. Minwoo, aren't we going to start with this meeting that seemed to be urgent.”

He looked up at her. “I thought maybe we could finish our food first.”

“But I have something to attend to after this. Sorry but actually, I could have been there now if not because of this.”, Yerin fought the urge to roll her eyes in front of her. She knows that she should be extra nice to Minwoo but she's starting to feel pissed of his demands.

Giving up, he put his fork down first and looked at her. “Fine. You know it's all about the project overseas. We need decisions as soon as possible.”

“What? I thought we're given enough time to fix everything?”, she asked and her shoulders dropped.

“Yes, I know I said that. But the team needs to work on this right away so we won't end up rushing everything.”

“But--”, he cut Yerin.

“Don't worry you still have time, but not that much. Remember this is such a very big project. Our and your company's names are at stake.”, he said and took a sip of his drink.

“I know. That's why we have to think of it hard.”, Yerin is having a hard time explaining. She's trying to be nice to him but tonight, it was seriously extra hard to do it.

“You know, I really don't get it why is it being hard for you to consider this. This is such an offer that is hard to resist.”, Minwoo said proudly.

“You just don't understand.”, She looked down to her plate with gritted teeth, trying not to glare at the guy.

The next seconds became silent as Minwoo continued to eat while Yerin haven't even touched her food. She kept tossing and twirling the contents of her plate and she would check her watch time to time.

'Wouldn't this man let me off? Dino is probably raging now.', she thought.

“By the way...”, Minwoo suddenly said and turned to her with serious face. “Do you have a boyfriend?”

Her eyebrow arched at his question. She stared at him for a few seconds to check if he was really asking that question and saw that he really did, based on his expression that shows waiting for her answer.

Yerin returned a more serious look at him. “Mr. Shin, I believe we should keep things unrelated to business away.”, she said in the most professional way she knows.

The man blinked at her a few times then let out a small chuckle, then afterwards, became serious. “I understand your sense of professionalism, and my question, believe it or not, is business related.”

Yerin gave him a puzzled look. Minwoo propped his elbow on the table while his hands are below his chin.

“Well, you know that our job, specially now, requires a lot of our time and attention. We can't afford to have distractions, in any forms.”, he explained and shrugged.

Yerin raised an eyebrow at what she have heard. Her jaw tightened as she stare at the man in front of her. She has been in this business for a year but she had never been told off by anyone about distractions and what so ever because she never did something not giving her full attention and effort. She let out herself calm down first, breathing in and out, before she answered. She has his cold expression on.

“Minwoo, I can assure you, with or without boyfriend, I give off my 100% attention to any of my work so my private life has nothing to do and shouldn't be involved in this.”, she intently put the fork down heavily beside her plate and grabbed her bag as she stood up.

“If that's all your going to discuss with me, I'll be going now. I have to attend to my own personal schedules.” she said and bowed in front of him.

Minwoo looked at her, wanting to protest but seeing the serious Yerin, he ended up just nodding at her. “Okay. Do you want me to drive you home?”

“No, thanks. I can manage.”

Minwoo stood up to and offered a handshake. “I hope you deci--”

“I'll think.”, Yerin immediately cut him before turning her back at him and started walking out of the restaurant.

She looked at her watch once again and realized that she doesn't have enough time. She doesn't have her car with her because Jonghyun drove for her earlier that morning so she has to take taxi on her way home.

She stood beside the road, waving her hand at every cab that will pass but it seems like luck is not with her. She realized that it was currently a rush hour since everybody is going home from their works and the roads are full. Soon, after a lot of tries, before she almost threw her bag on the road because of frustration, a taxi finally stopped in front of her. She wasted no time and quickly get in.

She sat down, looking outside the car window as she taps her fingers impatiently on her lap. Like what is mentioned, it is a rush hour and the traffic is heavy. Another glance at her wristwatch, only to be more frustrated because of how late she is now. She is very sure that Jonghyun is now freaking out, waiting for her in the house. She can't even call him because her phone already died down.

'Aish. This is because of that urgent meeting. He could have set that tomorrow.'

She rolled her eyes, thinking of the stressing offer she still has to decide on. Everything just got complicated, if only they just did things according on how their company normally works and if only they're not that demanding, things could have been easy and happy.

To at least do something productive because the taxi is taking forever to move an inch, she decided to review the offer's terms and conditions that Mr. Shin gave her. But her brows furrow when the thing that she just found on her hands is her handbag, no folders, no papers. The first thought that came to her mind is that she left it in the restaurant but she shook that off because she didn't remember bringing it there with her earlier. She thought more, trying to remember where she could have put or left it... her eyes suddenly widened.

 

SH*T

 

In my house.

 

----------

 

Jonghyun covered the pot and turned off the stove after reheating the stew that he cooked earlier. Yes he cooked, this time, for real. He cooked because he promised it to Yerin and because they're supposed to eat together but she still hasn't come home yet. He looked up at the wall clock and just shook his head on what he had seen. His stomach is now rumbling but he just walked out of the kitchen, ignoring his hunger because he promised to eat with Yerin.

He tried to relax on the couch but ended up walking back and forth across the living room. He grew worried about Yerin. Usually, by this time, she's already home or maybe they could have finished dinner already. If she will be late, which happens once in a blue moon, she will surely call. He thought that maybe he forgot but he quickly shook off that idea out of his head because Yerin was never a person like that.

He picked his phone up from the coffee table and dialed his number but her phone is off. Worries grew more on her.

What if something happened to her? She doesn't have her car with her.

He doesn't even know where is she right now. But then he dialed another number hoping that he can get a good response.

“Yoboseyo?”, Key answered on the other line.

“Kibum-ah. Are you with Yerin right now?”, He asked immediately.

“No. I'm still in the office, finishing something.”

“She's not in the office?!”, he asked in a high pitch, fear is squeezing him.

“Yes. She already left earlier this afternoon-- oh!”, Key said as if he remembered something. “I remembered she met up with Mr. Shin right when she was about to go home.”

His fist clenched and his grip on his phone tightened. “She's with that man? Until now?”

“I don't know of they're still together right now. They talking about-- something.”, Key changed his use of words, worried that he might slip about the overseas job which until now, Jonghyun is clueless about.

'SOMETHING?!?!', Jonghyun's mind screamed. He felt all his blood rush to his head as his body tense.

“She didn't even call me.”, he said through his greeted teeth.

“I think her phon--”, he cut off what Key was about to say when he ended the call. He didn't even care on whatever Key was gonna say because all he has in mind is Mr. Shin. He seriously wanted to squeeze life out of him right now if only he knows where he is and as for Yerin... he doesn't know. He just want Yerin in front of her right now.

He went at her desk, where her office papers are laid down and started scanning it, hoping to find something that can give him an idea on where could they be right now, a planner or a schedule or something like that. He flipped some folders open and his hands landed on a familiar folder, the one she is hiding few days ago. He flipped it open and scanned it very well and his mind started to process words he was reading.

'....on Singapore, Hong Kong, Japan...'

Those were the words that caught his attention he furrowed his brows and but he continued reading it until he completely understand everything. Apparently, this is the project they have with Mr. Shin's company and it will be overseas... she has to be overseas for a month or more.

His hands tightened it hold on the folder making it slightly crumpled. Yerin never mentioned anything about this and to think that she's even hiding this folder from him, this is just too much for him too handle.

Then suddenly, he heard the front door open...

 

------------

 

Yerin froze on her spot as soon as she walked in to the living room. Jonghyun was there, standing by her desk and holding the folder that she wants to keep away from him as much as possible. She almost told the taxi driver to make the taxi fly just for her to arrive on time, before Jonghyun might find that folder but now, she knows she's late.

Jonghyun just stood there, not bothering that she has already arrived. He just continued flipping and scanning the papers in the folder.

“You're finally here.”, he didn't even looked at her and spoke in the most coldest tone that Yerin can't bear.

“J-Jonghyun.”, she called her nervously. Her legs trembled as she took a step closer to him.

“Was it hard?”, he asked, not looking up. She stop walking to look at him with confusion, mentally asking.

Jonghyun suddenly turned to her. “Was it hard to call or even message me about being more than an hour late?”

“I... M-my phone is drained.”, she explained shortly.

“There could have been many ways to let me know, if you just tried.”

Yerin just kept silent and didn't counter his statement at all because she knows he's right, there's a lot of ways to contact him, she just didn't think of that earlier.

Jonghyun suddenly held up a familar folder. “Should I congratulate you for this?”, he asked coldly, expressionless.

Her heart stopped. Yerin hates it when he has that expression. Nothing goes good everytime he's looking at her with that cold but piercing eyes.

“J-Jonghy--”

“SHOULD I CONGRATULATE YOU FOR THIS?”, he cut her off with a yell that made Yerin take a step back. She folded and fear, this is worse than what had happen the last time they fought about going to another country.

“DAMN THIS PROJECT!”, he yelled again and threw the folder to the floor making the papers in it to scatter.

“Jonghyun. I-I'm so sorry.”, she said literally shaking because of the fear of his outburst. Mistiness are starting to blur her eyes.

“Sorry for what? For hiding this to me? Why do you even have to?”, he clenched his fist.

“I do plan to tell you.”, she sniffed as tears started to roll down her cheeks. But Jonghyun doesn't seem to get affected right now.

“WHEN?”, he yelled again. “When you're already away? When you have start working and I already can't do anything?”

“No. Of course not.”, she answered and tried to grab Jonghyun's hand to at least calm him down but he shook her hands off.

“And who are you with? That Mr. Shin? Do you really tend to forgot things you have to do when you're with him?”, he asked mockingly.

She tried once again to hold his hand but he shook it off again so she just sighed and hold her sobs, trying her best to talk . “It's nothing like that. I didn't forgot. I'm just finding the right time to tell you because I know this might be your reaction and I'm afraid.”

“Did something good happened? Non, right? And wait. Why do you even have to be the one to go abroad when you have already cleared that it is Key's job?”, he furrowed his brows and frowned even more.

“Yes, it's Key's job. But Minwoo told--”, she got cut off again by Jonghyun's bitter chuckle.

“Minwoo? Wow, first name basis. You have grown really close to each other.”, he raised his brow while sending Yerin sharp look.

She rolled her eyes. “Jonghyun please. It's not--”

He cut her sentence. “That's a crap! You're insisting that you're not that close with him while you're always together and who knows for what reason. And now this, you'll be with him, miles away from me and , FOR MORE THAN A MONTH?!”

Yerin looked up at him while breathing deeply, trying to calm herself. She knows she's the one who's supposed to be calming Jonghyun's rage but his choice of words isn't just right. She sighed once again and tried to continue explaining.

“It's all business and--”

He cut her explanation again. “It's freaking one month and you'll be with that man. Anything can happen. I told you I don't trust that--”

“CAN YOU PLEASE LET ME FINISH MY SENTENCE?!”, Yerin bursted. She heard more than she can bear and more than she can take. His words towards her is too accusing and crossing over her line of patience.

“You know? Now I don't know whom you do not trust, guys around me or me, myself. Can't you just trust me once? Have I already did something that makes you protect me overly like this?”, Yerin's tears this time isn't just because of Jonghyun's anger but also her own anger that is now in the brink of overflowing.

Jonghyun kept silent for seconds, taken aback by her sudden outburst. He closed her eyes tightly as his jaws tightened more. Then when his his opened, it is like more calmer now with a hint of burden, but anger is still there.

“I have already said I have reasons.”, he said in a low voice.

She scowled. “Then what reasons? Tell me. It might be reasonable enough and I might buy it.”

Jonghyun bit his lips. “You'll know it soon. I have to announce it on the right time.”

“See?”, Yerin flipped her hands open in front of him. “Even that reason needs right time. So why can't you understand why I can't tell you about the project right away? And please, it's not as if I'm not going to work there and just have fun. Why can't you let me go once? It's for just a month.”

“EXACTLY!”, Jonghyun pulled his hair out of frustration but then, he tried to be calm as he look at Yerin. This is definitely not the right time to explain his reasons and open up about his great plan that will soon be executed, if not only this happened.

He sighed. “Like I have said, anything can happen with that long month you'll be away so please just don't go. Not now... just not now.”, he said in a tone more of like begging.

Yerin glared at him. Everything is just unreasonable, unclear and becoming pointless. She hates it that it turns out like he doesn't trust her, which she hated the most.

“You just don't trust me.”, she rolled her eyes and looked at him coldly. “Aren't you being tired of this?”

Jonghyun immediately looked straight to Yerin's eyes on what he heard, shocked of what came out from her. And Yerin has the same reaction after she have realized what she have said. It is not how she means it but it slipped out from her in a wrong form and she wants to slap herself for that.

Jonghyun's expression quickly changed from being shocked to expressionless. “So... this is tiring for you? I am tiring?”

“J-Jonghyun. That's not it.”, She tried to hold Jonghyun's hand, who's slowly stepping away from her. He just avoided her hold and continue to walk away.

When he reach the door, he stood there, staring at her and his face gets darker and darker as seconds pass by. “Sorry for tiring you.”, he said coldly then walked out, after slamming the door, delaying Yerin from chasing him as she still needs to open it again to ran after him.

But when she got out, all she saw was Jonghyun's car going away, in a speed. And like a river, memories kept flowing back to her memory. This scene seemed like a deja vu, from 3 years ago, and the next scenes aren't that pleasing to remember anymore.

She ran back inside the house as her heart raced inside her chest, in fear that something bad might happen again. She grabbed her phone and quickly dialed Jonghyun's number but it just kept ringing and she's very sure he is purposely ignoring her calls.

'No. Please not again.'

She tried to think of other things to do and she ended up dialing Onew's number, since he's the oldest and Jonghyun will surely listen to him even when he's mad. Her heart calm down for a bit and sighed in half relief when Onew picked up.

“Onew oppa!”, she called immediately.

“Yes Yerin? Why are you yelling? Is there something wrong?”, he asked.

“Yes there is. Oppa can you please call Jonghyun for me. We fought earlier and he drove again. You know it not good when he's driving in extreme anger.”, I tried to tell everything though words are racing out from my mouth.

“You fought again? Aishh, you guys. Okay just calm down and I'll call him. I'll call you later.”

She thanked him and ended the call. She collapsed on the couch and buried her face in her palms. She can't help but to blame herself for everything and she doesn't know what to do if the accident repeats again, and all because of her too.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

PLEASE STILL SUPPORT THIS FIC EVEN THOUGH IT'S TAKING FOREVER TO UPDATE. I'LL TRY MY BEST.

AND (just wanna plug) FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER. :) I WANT TO BE MORE ACTIVE ON TWITTER BUT I HAVE NO ONE TO TALK TO. LET'S TALK THERE :) >> @JJmyun 

Leave a comment :) Love yah guys