19: Just Resemblances [Part 1]

Tied To A Dino (My SLY Fox SEQUEL)

A message came to Yerin's phone that morning. She glared at her phone, being irritated to her own message alert tone, and also hesitating to check who was the one who sent her a text message. She ended up reaching for it on the bedside table as she was still lying on her bed because it's weekend and she has no work.

BABO DINO<3

That was what registered on her phone screen as the one who sent the text. She hesitated to open it but she can't ignore him completely so she slowly touched the message icon and read the message.

 

I already told Sodam noona about Minki.

 

She bit her lip after reading it. It was just a short message but still heartbreaking. Just then, before she closed her inbox, another text came... from the same sender.

 

They're meeting him today.

 

She managed to smile a little, though pain is eating her whole soul that moment. She was glad that Jonghyun is doing the right thing, taking his responsibilities as Minki's father. It was what she wanted in the first place, that's why she let him go. She decided to type a reply.

 

Good for you. That's right.

 

She finished typing and sent it. She wasn't really expecting for a reply because she believed that they already settled everything yesterday but then, another message from him came. It's longer than the past messages.

 

I'm doing what you want but I can't be happy. We don't have to be like this. I know what I said yesterday was a selfish idea but can't we do it for ourselves? I'll do my best to make it work. I promise. I love you so much.

 

Her vision became misty again but she doesn't think tears will still be coming out. She cried it all out already last night and her still sore and red eyes are the proof. She just hoped that her tears already dried out because she's seriously being tired. She then typed a reply again.

 

We already talked yesterday and it's final. We can't be selfish at this point. Enough now. please.

 

She sent it and sighed deep. She wished it was just about 'making it work' because she knows, whatever happens and whatever their situation is, it will work because they both love each other. But that wasn't the concern. It was that they have more to consider now, and more people are involved, meaning, one wrong decision, all those people will be hurt and that's the least she wants.

Another message came.

 

I'm still not letting you go though...

 

Yerin wanted to be happy on what she read, her heart actually beat fast but she stopped herself. Jonghyun is being on his stubborn self again. She already thought that there can be a possibility for this to happen so she is the one who has to act.

 

Enough.

 

She sent that simple text and placed her phone back on the bedside table again. Her message tone rang a few more times but she just ignored it. They would just keep arguing pointlessly because he won't surely listen to her.

She just closed her eyes again, wanting to go back to sleep since she has all day to rest. But as she was about to doze off, the doorbell rang. She ignored it because she wasn't expecting anyone to come that day. But the ringing of the doorbell gets louder and also gets more irritating for her ears as it continues. She wants to just ignore it because she doesn't have any strength to stand up but it looks like that someone outside doesn't have any plans on leaving her doorbell alone until she opens it.

"WAIT!", she was forced to stand up and walked up to the front door. She unlocked it, not bothering to look at the door intercom anymore.

"Yerin-ah!", her visitor called out loudly as soon as she opened the door.

"Yeonmi?", she blinked, confirming if it was really her bestfriend she was seeing.

Yeonmi dropped her big bag on the floor and hugged her. "I'm sorry. I came just now. I wasn't able to leave work right away."

Yerin smiled as she hugged Yeonmi back. She was touched that her bestfriend really strived hard to find time and travel all the way from her town to Seoul just because she discovered about her problem. She is her bestfriend, indeed.

Yeonmi cut the hugging moment, picked up her bag and pushed her in the house. "Now, let's talk about it."

Yerin stopped walking and stared at her, dumbfounded. She just finished thinking about it all day and she's now trying to be okay. She very sure she'll end up crying again at the end of the day.

 

---------

 

Jonghyun was sitting on the couch, with Hyejin and they're waiting for Minki to come out from the bedroom. The boy was so excited that it will be the first time he'll go out with him so he insisted that he wanted to look nicer, which Jonghyun assumed that he was just looking at himself on the mirror because Hyejin already dressed him up.

He already told Hyejin that he'd be taking Minki to meet his noona, and also the boys. He just doesn't know if they'll come because they didn't confirmed.

"Do you already know that we've met Yerin a few days ago?", Hyejin asked.

"Yes. She told me.", he simply replied.

She looked at him. "You already talked? What happened?", she asked, concerned.

It was a relief for Jonghyun that Hyejin wasn't the type of girl you would see in common dramas that would be crashing everything, insisting that they're the mother of the child so they have to be this, they have to be that. He can see that all she really wants was all for Minki and not for her own benefit, despite the fact that she was one of those gils who have gotten crazy for him before. She's nice enough now to be even concerned of his relationship with Yerin.

"She was actually the one who told me the right thing to do. That's why I'm taking Minki today."

"How about between you two?", she asked again.

Jonghyun sighed. "She's letting me go."

Hyejin's shoulder fell and she felt sorry. "Sorry to hear that."

He looked at her with a little smile. "But I'm not gonna give up on her."

She was quiet confused on what he said because he didn't explain any further. So she just smiled at him as she knows that he perfectly knows what he is doing.

The door of the bedroom opened and Minki came out, running. "Done~"

He stood up and smiled down to him. "Good boy~ Shall we go?."

Minki nodded and he took his small hand then he looked back to Hyejin.

"Are you sure you don't want to come with us?", he asked.

Hyejin shook his head with a smile. "Minki is the one they want to meet. I know you'd take care of him so I'm not needed there."

He nodded and let Minki say goodbye to his mother before they got out and rode his car.

 

 

The meeting place was set to be on Sodam's house so he drove up to there. When they arrived, different cars were parked outside and he perfectly knows whose cars were those.

"C'mon Minki.", he said when he went to the passenger side to open the car door for Minki. The boy excitedly hopped out of the car then took hold of Jonghyun big hand.

He looked at the small hand holding onto his fingers. He grew confused as to why he still feel uncomfortable touching Minki, but he wants to believe he'll get used to it soon. They started walking up to the front door. He stopped to breathe deep first, then he finally pushed the door opened.

They were welcomed by eyes who automatically landed on them when they got in: his noona's, Amber's, and the four boys' eyes. They were all staring at them, specifically to the little boy with him. Taemin was the first to come to his sense and stood up to welcome them.

"Annyeong~ You remember hyung? The one who gave you cookies before?", he looked down and smiled at Minki, and the boy nodded and smiled back, waving his hands to Taemin.

"I'm glad you came.", Jonghyun told the boys when they're all seated.

"We're still not okay but I'm glad that you're starting to do something about this.", Key rolled his eyes.

Jonghyun just chuckled at him. It's obvious that he's slightly softening for him and he isn't as mad as before, when he punched him. He then looked at everyone, and once he was sure that everyone is ready he started.

"So... This is Minki, and you already know who is he and why he is here.", he said then he told Minki to greet everyone. The boy complied and stood up.

"Annyeonghaseyo. Son Minki-imnida.", he introduced himself and bowed politely in front of everyone. Though all of them seemed to still looked dazed, they managed to smile at him and greet him back.

"Hyung.", Minho called him. He looked at him and his eyes are stuck on Minki.

"No doubt, he's yours.", Minho mumbled.

"They do look a like, right?", Taemin asked and Minho nodded.

"Not really exactly alike but there's resemblances.", Key butted in to them as he also looks at Minki.

Meanwhile, Minki, being uncomfortable with all the people staring at him, sat back beside Jonghyun and hid behind his arm..

"It's okay. Their noonas and hyungs. Don't be afraid.", he told the boy and he just nodded.

"Did Yerin already met him?", Key asked.

He nodded. "Yes. She even talked to Hyejin."

Key just nodded and continued looking at the boy. "Minki. Come to hyung.", he called.

Minki looked up to Jonghyun and he nodded with a smile, assuring that it's fine to come. So Minki stood up and walked to Key. He made him sit beside him, making the boy feel comfortable around them and it looks like he was succeeding as he can see Minki giggling. Jonghyun just watched at the two. He was thankful that Key was there to make Minki more comfortable because he can't do it. How can he if he, himself, doesn't feel uncomfortable. He then felt someone nudged on his side.

"You aren't that affectionate as a father.", Minho told him.

He shrugged his shoulder. "Maybe it's because it was new to me. It still feels weird."

Minho just nodded acknowledging his answer. Then Jonghyun looked at Sodam, who remained speechless since they entered the house, same as with Onew and Amber. He have noticed that they were the most dazed of all.

"Noona. What now?", he asked to Sodam that has her eyes on Minki.

She looked at him confused then nodded with an unsure look. "Nice.", that was all she mumbled and went back to continue looking at Minki.

He then looked at Onew and Amber but they just shrugged their shoulder, staring at him for a few seconds and remained silent as they look back at Minki.

 

----------------

 

After spending a few hours with them, Jonghyun decided to take Minki back to their home. Key, Minho and Taemin also already left because they still have something to do so Sodam, Onew and Amber were the ones left there. They still looked dazed and the atmosphere on the living room was really quiet until, as if on cue, they all snapped their heads to look at each other.

"I don't understand." Onew said with furrowed eye brows. "Am I the only one not seeing what the others are seeing?"

Amber looked at him. "I think we share the same thought."

Onew has that confused face shifting his eyes to Sodam and Amber. They both nodded as they all have the same thoughts ever since that moment they laid their eyes on Minki.

"I'm Jonghyun's sister so I should know better. And I'm telling you I don't see it the way the others do.", Sodam stated her side.

"What is happening to the boys? They don't even know what Jonghyun looks like?", Onew rolled his eyes.

"I think we should wait for Jonghyun to comeback here then we should start ironing things out. I can feel something about this.", Amber said and all of them agreed to her suggestion.

---------------

Sorry for cutting this chapter. BUT DON'T WORRY. Next part is ready. Just give me a few more hours, and I'll post it. TADA~ for suspense...

ANNYEONG~