27: Truth Behind Her Health Issues

Tied To A Dino (My SLY Fox SEQUEL)

 

The room was still a bit dark because of the dim dawn light coming from outside the window when Yerin opened her eyes. She found out on the clock beside her that it's just 6am. Her face was crumpled and unexplainable as she was woken up by a weird sensation on her stomach. It was aching in a different way so slowly and carefully, she stood up but dizziness struck as soon as she tried to find her balance.

'Oh nausea, why are you doing this to me?', she thought with tightly closed eyes.

After feeling a little stable, she held onto the edge of the bedside table and took steps very slowly with her hands on the wall as support, but then, she felt as if her stomach turned upside down so she had forgotten her dizziness and rush to the bathroom. She ended up face to face with the toilet, both hands holding tight on its edge for her dear life as her stomach tries to squeeze out everything inside it. She swears, she let out the same amount as the dinner she ate...plus the midnight snack she had sneakily.

When her little battle with the toilet and her stomach ended, she washed her face on the sink and faced the mirror in front of her. She have then realized that this was happening often to her for more than a week now but so far this was the worst. And the dizziness... it made her faint yesterday. Nervousness bumped her heart. It might be something serious.

'Am I sick?'

She thought of it while finishing up washing her face. She wiped her face with a clean towel and proceeded heading out of the bathroom but before she can step out, she had to step backwards and come back standing in front of the mirror again. She looked at herself with furrowed eyebrows, scrutinizing, as if she's trying to get information from her own reflection in the mirror.

She was having the same thoughts and realization as when she first experienced 'sickness' but it's a false alarm. The sickness and all, also her period that she have already lost tracked monitoring.

'Oh no... Could it be? This time?'

She doesn't know why but her eyes started to get misty. She was feeling hoping and expecting but fear exists, fear of mistaking it again. But this time, she wanted to be sure first before anything else. So she washed her face, went out of the bathroom and changed clothes. Before going out of the room door, she glanced at Jonghyun who was still soundly sleeping, unaware that his wife was gone from their bed. It was early, he still has a few more hours to sleep before preparing for office.

Her husband arrived last night without her knowing because she slept early, hoping to feel well. About the fainting, she know he'd be mad so it would be better if she wouldn't mention it to him anymore, nothing bad happened after it anyway.

 

 

 

--------------------

 

 

Jonghyun shifted position to face the direction where Yerin is lying on their bed but when his eyes landed on that certain spot, his eyes found no one. He spent a few moments letting his mind adjust from sleep. He reached for his phone to check the time, 7 am. His initial thought is that maybe Yerin is taking a bath but he remembered that she's on-leave from work, as Key said, so she should be still sleeping. Then everything he discovered yesterday came back to his mind. Yerin being sick, she fainted and she tried to hide it from him. They should have a serious talk now.

"Yerin-ah.", he called out slightly loud but received no answer. Few more calls without response and he already stood up to look for her.

He went to the bathroom but it was empty. He went downstairs, thinking maybe Yerin is preparing breakfast but still he found no one. He searched every corner of the house but she is really nowhere to be found and he is starting to panic and get worried, specially knowing that Yerin is not in a good condition. He doesn't know why she had suddenly gone missing this morning. He's sure they didn't fight... but they're about to.

'Yerin where on earth are you?'

He rushed back upstairs, to their room, and grabbed his phone to dial her number but after a few moments, he could hear a familiar ringtone, and eventually, found Yerin's phone under the blanket on their bed. He cursed silently, starting to get ticked off. Though he has no idea where to find Yerin, he grabbed his car keys and went out of their room. He rushed down the stairs and went straight to the main door but when he opened it, he found that one person he was looking for since the second his eyes opened.

 

Yerin jumped a little, surprised that the door opened as she was about to, and there's Jonghyun who had the same reaction but it is him who got his sense first and reacted. His brows immediately furrowed.

"Where have you been this early?", he growled at Yerin which sent her blinking at him.

"O-out.", she answered.

Jonghyun gritted his teeth. "I know you went out. Where? Why?!"

Yerin blinked again and gulped a few times. "W-Wait. C-can we talk?"

"We really should.", he said with piercing eyes on her.

"Upstairs?" she suggested.

Jonghyun rolled his eyes, considering what she suggested. He closed the front door and let Yerin walk first, with him following behind.

When both of them are finally in, Jonghyun closed the door and faced Yerin with a stiff, ready-to-scold-someone look. He chose not to talk first to gather all that he wanted to say, Yerin had been doing her acts wrong so she needs some serious scolding.

He breathed. "So why are you out so early in the morning?"

"I was just--"

"You didn't even bother waking me up and letting me know? What if something happened, what would that leave me, clueless? I don't know where you went, where will I find you?"

"Sorry.", she apologized in a soft voice.

He frowed. "And I heard you're on-leave."

She gasped hearing that he already knows about it when she was just about to tell it.

"And you didn't even told me?", Jonghyun added.

She lowered her head. "I was just about to tell you. I'm not going to hide--"

"Then how about you being sick? Aren't you going to hide it too?", he interrupted her sentence with a louder and scarier tone.

Yerin's head immediately bobbed up hearing it. "How--"

"Oh... and how about you, fainting yesterday and wanting to hide it from me? Why do you have to keep it and I have to hear it from Key?"

"Key? How...", she wondered for a while on how it was Key that told it to him when it was Jisoo who knows it. But then eventually, she have realized how the story circulated, without Jisoo breaking her promise to her.

She rolled her eyes. "The mouths of the that couple."

Jonghyun scowled. "We're not talking about them, this is about you. Why do you want to hide it from me? Yerin, you fainted, for God's sake. Don't you know it's something serious?", his temper is rising.

"But nothing more happened after that.", she said bowing her head.

"What if there is?", he sighed harshly. "I just don't know what to do with you. I'm doing my best to take care of you but you're doing the opposite."

"Can I say--"

Jonghyun glared at her for trying to cut him but he continued talking. "Things are going according on what you want and I am just letting you, because I never win over you but this time you're doing it wrong. I'm not tolerating it this time, you need to--"

"I'm pregnant.", with all her might, she talked loud.

"And now you're telling me you're....", Jonghyun's brows furrowed as he trailed off. "y-you're w-what?"

Instead of answering, she took out a small rectangular thing from her bag that she carried earlier then she held it in front of Jonghyun, trying to hand it to him but he just looked at it and didn't move to get it, remaining frozen as he was right after the moment Yerin told it to him.

They were in that position, exactly the same pose even after minutes until Yerin got tired. She rolled her eyes, and snapped her fingers in front of Jonghyun, but it just made him blink while looking at her.

"Do you want me to repeat it?", she asked slowly, thinking that maybe Jonghyun's mind might process it better that way.

"Y-yes please.", he answered in a faint voice.

"Babe I'm pregnant.", she repeated, slowly. Then she showed him the pregnancy kit test again. Finally, his hands slowly moved to take it from her.

"Oh.my.God", he murmured to himself, as his eyes are slowly enlarging, seeing two pink lines on that small thing.

"OH.MY.GOD.", he repeated, this time, louder. He looked at Yerin with wide eyes and mouth left opened. "OH GOD. WAIT. This is real, right? As in a baby in your tummy? huh? When? I mean, how?... I mean...", he blabbered hazy questions.

"If that's how you define 'pregnant', then yes as in I have a baby in my tummy. But seriously? You're asking me HOW?", Yerin raised an eyebrow but smiling, seeing a smile also slowly breaking out of Jonghyun's face. Then seconds after, she was tackled by him with a tight hug and she can hear him chuckling, and later on, laughing.

"I woke up with an extremely weird feeling. At first I was just blaming my nausea brought by stress as what I have been told before but then I suddenly had realizations about my body. I don't want another heartbreaking false alarm again so I had to go out to find the nearest place where I can find this kit test. And there, I showed it to you.", she explained, hugging back Jonghyun also as tight as she was being hugged.

Jonghyun repeatedly kiss Yerin in every part of her face. "I'm so happy. I can't explain it. I'm about to faint."

"Oh speaking... About me, fainting yesterday. I think it's because of this. Not because I'm unhealthy but maybe because I got too dizzy."

Jonghyun broke the hug and faced her. "But still, the issue is you hid it from me."

Yerin's mouth formed an o-shape and her hands went up to her waist. "Are you still going to scold me about that? You keep on ranting so early in the morning. This is not even how I planned to tell this to you but because you're exploding, I have to tell it to calm you.", she pouted at the end.

Jonghyun chuckled. "Okay I'll let it pass. But for now, let me enjoy the moment."

He was about to hug her again but she dodged it and instead he pushed him to walk to the bathroom. "Unfortunately, you don't have enough time to enjoy the moment for this morning because you have to be at your office at 8. You're late."

"But--"

"Be quick. I'll make breakfast.", she said it as her final word then she slammed the door, not letting Jonghyun protest anymore.

 

 

-----------------------

 

After taking a bath, Jonghyun saw the two-lined thing again on the bathroom sink, where he placed it earlier. A smile is breaking out from his face again as he picks up the PKT and as he stares at it. It still feels like he's in cloud nine seeing those lines that tells him that he'll be a father soon. It was so unexpected, just the night before he went home wanting to scold Yerin for what happened, and this morning, he started his day with panic of not seeing her in the house then suddenly, this. A really great news that he was wanting to hear since he got married to Yerin.

He put the PKT back down on the sink and went out of the bathroom with just a towel around his waist. On the bed, he found his office attire, which he assumed that was prepared by Yerin. He went near to pick it up but there's something that was with it. A paper.

He found out that it was a letter when he unfolded it and read what was written. :

 

***

Dear Appa,

Annyeonghaseyo! How are you? I wish you're happy. I know you don't know me yet. So... I am supposedly a surprise for you for this day but it didn't went well because you got angry to umma first thing in the morning. I hope you're calm now.

I just want to let you know about my arrival soon~ Sorry it took long but I'm really really really happy and grateful that you patiently waited for me.

I'll be there in 9 months, you have a long time to prepare. I want a warm and cozy home, I want healthy foods and toys to play but most of all, I want your warm hugs and sweet kisses, I'm most excited for that.

While you're waiting for me, please take care of Umma. She'll be having a hard time for sure. Please attend to her needs and give her wants. She'll be more stubborn than ever but be calm and patient (she's sorry for that in advance). She'll probably be eating more but just bare with it and satisfy her tummy. And please give her warm hugs and sweet kisses too everyday because it will make her happy. 'Cause you know, if she's happy, I'm happy as well.

I'm so excited for my stay at your house. I hope to see your big smile when I arrived.

PS: Thank you for bringing me to life. I LOVE YOU~

 

Love,

Baby Kim-to-be

***

 

Though there's a smile in his face, his eyes are wet with tears after reading the letter. He carefully folded the paper again and placed it in his drawer, then he went back to the bed to pick up the office attire but not to wear it but to place it back in the cabinet. He grabbed a set of comfortable clothes, put it on and went out of the room to go downstairs.

He found Yerin busy cooking something. He walked to her and s his arms around her waist from behind which caused Yerin to squeak out of shock.

He kissed her hair then her cheek. "I love you, umma.", he whispered to her. He turned the stove off himself and removed Yerin in front of it and leaned her back on the kitchen counter, making her face him and locking her with his arms as he hold on to the edge of the counter on her both sides.

"Why aren't you wearing your office clothes?", she asked him.

Jonghyun kissed her on her lips and smiled, stopping just centimeters away from her face. "I'm not going anywhere but your side today."

She just giggled on his cheesiness and didn't say anything more against his decision, first,because she know she won't win over him and second, because she also doesn't want him anywhere away from her for the day.

Jonghyun stared at her so dearly straight on her eyes, then his hand went up to cup her face and his thumb gently rubs her cheek.

"You don't know how happy I am. I never thought I can be happier than I was when I married you.", he whispered. That triggered the tears from Yerin's eyes to fall. She's so happy too and she can't contain herself.

"No, I know exactly what you are feeling. Babe, we waited for this and now here it is.", she said, sobbing.

He leaned her forehead on hers as he wipes her tears with her thumbs. "I told you, it will come unexpectedly so we just have to patiently wait for it.". She nodded then hugged Jonghyun tight, burying her face on his chest and he hugged him back while caressing his hair.

"I love you so much baby.", he whispered to her again. "I promise to take care of you and our baby more than I am doing now. I will be the best husband and father you'll ever meet. I'll be perfect if possible."

He held her chin and made her look up to him, chuckling. "I'll be your slave."

"Really, huh?", she managed to chuckle too, then she wiped her tears.

"I can imagine the two of you ordering me around.", he laughed. "But I'll be totally fine with it."

 

 

------------------------

 

 

"Hey careful.", Jonghyun held Yerin's hands as she climbs the very few levels of the doorstep. He even opened the door for her despite the fact that he is holding a lot of paperbags containing foods and fruits he bought for her.

They just came from the hospital because they had Yerin checked by the doctor to know her condition and more about her pregnancy. They found out that she is two weeks pregnant and though Yerin have experienced a lot of stress and even got sick before, her pregnancy is all fine.

"Here, drink.", Jonghyun handed her a glass of water.

Yerin looked at him weirdly before accepting the glass of water. "Just to remind you, I'm pregnant not handicapped.", she laughed at him. She should have seen this happening. There's this over-reacting someone named Jonghyun that was like saying 'careful' for a about 100 times per minute and he's always assisting her in walking, even if it's unnecessary because she's still normal, there isn't even an inch on baby bump on her tummy.

"What's wrong? I'm just taking care of you.", he said putting the foods in the refrigerator.

"Nothing wrong... you're over doing it."

He shrugged. "I don't care.", after putting everything on their right places, he grabbed Yerin's hand then walked her upstairs, to their room.

"Since you woke up early this morning, you better sleep this afternoon.", he said while tucking Yerin in the bed, making it her comfortable for her and Yerin is just going on what he wants since she really lacks sleep.

Jonghyun then sat on the edge of the bed beside her and leaned down to be near her. "Is it fine if I'll go for a while while you sleep? I just check on some things. I'll be back right away, I promise.", he said, his one hand holding hers and the other her hair.

"Of course it's fine. You didn't went to your office because of me..."

"I'll try to be back before you wake up. Bye.", he smiled and gave her a peck on her lips.

His one hand let go of her hand and it went on her tummy and he smiled even wider. "Bye baby.", he said, like talking to her tummy.

Yerin just laughed at him then he already stood up, waved his hands at her before he finally went out. Her smile didn't fade until she was finally drifted to sleep.

 

 

 

 

Yerin was woken up by smoochy kisses being given to her, all over her face. When she opened her eyes, Jonghyun's face was what welcomed her.

"I'm back.", he said smiling, bending over her, down to her level. She blinked and he helped him sit as she was still a bit sleepy, he then sat beside her.

"It looks like you slept very well. It's already 7pm.", he said, combing her hair with his fingers and tucking some strands behind her ear.

"7pm? Omo. Have you eaten dinner already? Sorry I didn't get to cook while you're away.", she looked at her apologetically.

"It's fine. Let's just go downstairs.", he stood up and offered his hand to help her stand up from the bed.

After checking herself on the mirror, they already headed out. As they were walking down the stairs, she started hearing noises.

"What's that?", she stopped midway of the staircase.

"What?", he asked back.

"Can't you hear it? Noises?"

Instead of answering, he smiled at her. "Let's go down now."

She just nodded and continued going down. There were really noises and it's being more and more audible as they near the first floor. They walked up to their living room and that's where she confirmed it.

 

"CONGRATULATIONS NEW UMMA!"

Everybody yelled as soon as they came in the living room. There was even a big banner of it being held by everyone that was there in the living room.

"Omo!", she blurted.

"Surprise.", Jonghyun whispered to her on her side.

She looked up to him. "What is this for?"

"To congratulate you and also to thank you for giving me the best gift this morning. I had it rushed, just this afternoon, so it just this simple."

"Oh. So that's why you're gone the whole afternoon. Not because you went to the office.", she pouted but later on smiled.

The four boys are present, Sodam and...

"Yerin-ah~!", a familiar squeal was heard, then she saw Yeonmi, her bestfriend, running towards her. "Congratulations! Finally, it's here!", she hugged her and they jumped together but was stopped by Jonghyun because it's dangerous according to him.

"You didn't even tell me you're coming. You came all the way from Busan because of this?", she asked her.

"I didn't even know I am coming today, until your husband suddenly appeared at our office in Busan this afternoon, telling me to come with him to Seoul.", Yeonmi narrated.

Yerin turned to Jonghyun who was just standing behind her. "You picked her up from Busan?"

He nodded. "I thought you'd be happy to share the good news with your bestfriend. Besides, you haven't seen each other for a long time."

Yerin was moved by what she heard. Just picking up Yeonmi requires too much effort but he did it with the reason of wanting her to be happy.

"Thank you.", she squeezed his hand gently while smiling. Jonghyun nodded. For him, seeing her smile is already more than enough to repay his efforts.

"Yerin-ah!!!!", four boys suddenly came near her with very wide smile then she was suddenly squeezed into a group hug.

"Hey! Hey! Stop! My baby will be squeezed.", Jonghyun shouted and tried her best to detach the boys from Yerin, one by one. All four of them looked at him weirdly.

"You didn't tell us you have a newly hired bodyguard.", Minho told Yerin.

She laughed. "Oh my. Believe me, he's more like a nurse and a nanny. I'm feeling like a handicapped at times."

They all laughed together but Jonghyun because again, he's the one being bullied and it was lead by her own wife.

After the boys congratulated her, Sodam went to her and hugged her tight.

"Congratulations. After a year of waiting, you're a mom now.", Sodam tapped her back before letting go from the hug. "Do you know, when Jonghyun came to me this afternoon, he was tearing up while telling me everything. He's so happy."

Yerin looked back to Jonghyun who was talking to the boys. She smiled fondly while watching him. This man has made her very happy this day. Just his presence and knowing that he's happy that she is bearing their baby is more than enough for her but he even exerted a lot more needed just to make her happier. Indeed he's a perfect husband and will be a perfect father, she's very sure.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

HI :) here's your chapter :) Hope you're happy. I've been reading your comments and you're anticipating this part.

BTW. The letter from baby part was a true story. It was inspired from V-blogger Bubz.

COMMENT and VOTE <3 saranghae yeorobun.