9: Lock You with Me

Tied To A Dino (My SLY Fox SEQUEL)

 **CONTINUATION**

 

"W-Why are you already here?", Jonghyun asked with big eyes while pointing at Yerin.

"Already? Are you expecting me?", She asked back.

"No...No... I mean why are you here?", he corrected and tried to look calm.

"That... Can we talk?", she asked but instead of getting an answer from him, Jonghyun just turned around and started to step away.

"Yah!", Yerin called and followed him behind. "Jonghyun you can't just ignore me forever. We need to talk."

She said and remained following him but Jonghyun won't even look at her and just continued walking so she has no choice but to trail behind him.

"How are we going to fix this if you'd always turn your back on me?", she tried her best to talk to him, she wanted to scream but she knows she can't.

Jonghyun suddenly stopped to step in the elevator. He faced her when he was already in and Yerin was left out.

"Yah...", he called Jonghyun helplessly.

He raised his eyebrow and pressed the button to prevent the door from closing. "Will you go in or you'll stay here and you can never talk to me again."

She sighed and stepped in then the door closed, making their way up. They were both quiet for the first few seconds until Yerin can't hold it anymore.

"Okay, you listen.", she faced Jonghyun's side profile. "Last night, I was expecting a help from you on deciding what to do but you walked away.", she said and Jonghyun just slightly nodded but he wasn't even taking time to look at her.

She continued. "You know I was given a deadline and you don't have any idea on how hard it is to decide with a lot of things to consider."

The elevator door opened and Jonghyun was the first one to get out, with her following behind. She seriously wants to grab him, pin him to the nearest wall and force him to answer. But she needs patience for their problem to be solved. She continued to follow Jonghyun as she talks.

"I was expecting you to help me.", she tried to grab his hand but it swung away when Jonghyun grab the knob of the door in front of him, then he went in, leaving Yerin with no choice but to follow him. But this time her patience that she is trying to keep is all spilling out. Jonghyun won't even look at her while she is trying her very best to talk to him and follow him to wherever he was leading her.

"YAH! Don't you have any plans on answering me?", she finally yelled.

That made Jonghyun stop and faced her, but with a smile on his face which made Yerin confused. That's when she became aware of her surroundings.

She realized that Jonghyun brought her to the rooftop of their building. was open as she scans the whole place that is filled with balloon, in different colors and sizes, some are even arranged in bunches. The rooftop was fully decorated and it was beautiful. It was bright because of the sun but the colorful lights that hanged as decoration made the place even brighter.

She turned again to Jonghyun who seemed to be very happy that she had been surprised. "W-What is this?", she asked. She took out her phone to check the date just in case she has been losing track but she found nothing.

"I'm sure it isn't my birthday....", she counted the days. "and it isn't out anniversary neither our monthsary. T-Then what is this for?"

Jonghyun huffed. "Are you done talking? Can I talk now?".

Yerin bit her lower lip and shyly nodded. Jonghyun took a step closer to her and stood in front of her with both of his hands tucked in his pockets.

"Do you know the story of the handsome prince and his fox?", he asked. Yerin just quietly looked up at him and shook her head as an answer.

"Now, you listen.", He breathed before he started. "Once there was a very handsome prince. He gets everything he wants because he is handsome and everybody likes him because he is really handsome--"

"How many time do you have to say that the prince is handsome?", Yerin asked looking at him in a weird way.

"Can you not interfere with my story?", Jonghyun hissed, and Yerin just nodded for him to continue.

"So as I was saying, the handsome prince gets everything he wants except for one, the one that he wants the most in the world, the wild fox. It was really wild that it would bite him, it would hurt him a lot of times, and yell at him like he is not the prince but he still wants it. People can't even understand why of all things, he wants the fox though having it is almost next to impossible. But because the prince wants the fox badly, he did his best to tame it. And after a lot of hardworks and hardships, he succeeded on taming it. He treasured it more than he treasures his crown and he never let his hold on it loosen because it is the most important thing for him..."

One of Jonghyun's hand came out of his pocket and went up to touch Yerin's cheeks softly, in the most gentle way he can, as he stared deeply in her eyes. Yerin cannot do anything but to stay frozen under his gaze and touch.

Jonghyun held both of her hands before he continued. “But as time passed by, the prince felt that it is not enough just having it trapped in his hold, and under the spell of love that, who knows, might be just temporary. He was afraid that because of this unsecured binds, it might be taken away from him or worst, it might run away itself.

Until he have devised something...

To place his beloved fox in a cage with him and secure it with a lock called... 'a promise of forever.' "

 

His hold on her hands became tighter and Yerin felt it, for the reason she doesn't know, Jonghyun's hands were shaking. She looked up at him and saw his eyes misty which, she doesn't know, is the same as her eyes that time.

"Will you lock yourself with me? Will you let me have you, hold you and take care of you until forever?", he asked as he kneels down right in front of her then a beautiful diamond ring placed in a small blue velvet box, out from nowhere, was offered in front of her. His other hand was holding firmly on one of her hand.

"J-Jonghyun...", she mumbled out of dazedness. Her mind can't even process every word that she heard from him. All she knows is that she surely loves the man she was seeing in front of her.

Jonghyun squeezed her hand after moments that she wasn't responding. " You know this is the most heart-stopping moment of this scene and I don't think I can handle it for too long. I swear if you didn't answer, I'm gonna jump off this rooftop."

His last words made her snap out of her trance but she just gave a chuckle to it. "No one is jumping off this building.", she said and tried to pull Jonghyun up from the floor. But Jonghyun won't even budge from his position, and kept kneeling.

"Yah. Stand up!", she commanded him.

"YES OR NO?!", Jonghyun asked for assurance with a loud voice but a smile in hinting his lips.

"YES. I'm gonna lock myself with you, if that's how you want it to be. And I'm gonna stay with you until forever 'cause that's how I want to be.", the mistiness of her eyes was now gone but it was replaced with continuously flowing tears.

Jonghyun literally jump up from the ground to stand up and he attacked Yerin by a very tight hug. His body feels like it has been freed from loads of heavy sandbags that he heart was carrying just a while ago.

"You're gonna marry me...", he whispered, not as a question but a fact.

Yerin chuckled in between tears and whispered back. "Yes... I will."

They both made themselves enjoy the moment by just letting the hug last long. Yerin can still feel Jonghyun's body shaking because of the extreme nervousness he had gone through but he didn't mind. She just hugged him even more to make him know that he has nothing to be nervous of anymore.

 

 

“So it has a happy ending after all”, Yerin said, having her arms clung on one of Jonghyun's arms while they were looking down at the view from the rooftop and enjoying the strong blow of the wind.

“No, it hasn't”, he answered.

She snapped her head to the side to look at him. “What? You're not a good author then. Love stories are meant to have happy endings. All beautiful stories end happily.”

He then removed Yerin's arm clinging onto him and instead, he brought her in front of him and trapped her between the railings and his body, facing him. “Who says it will end? Why would I even plot something on my story that won't even happen?... This, our story, will be happy but without an ending.”

Yerin is at loss of words after hearing his explanation and just looked up to Jonghyun. At other times, she would definitely cringed because of his cheesiness but not this time. She wonders how he thought of that wonderful answer. But she realized that she doesn't care wherever that answer came from, as long as it is from him, she accepts it. She hung her arms around his neck and Jonghyun held the sides of his waist in return. He bent down to give a peck on her lips then he smiled.

"So now... Have I helped you on your decision making?", he asked.

"Uhmmm...", she looked up like she was thinking. "Sort of.", she smiled slyly.

"Yah! What 'sort off'? If you still go with that Mr. Shin, I'm gonna throw you off this building.", Jonghyun threatened her.

Yerin laughed. "So that was the reason why you planned this here on the rooftop? So you could use it as threats?"

"Yes but don't change our topic. Are you still going?", he asked seriously.

She laughed and cupped his face. "Now that you gave me reason to stay, you think I can go after this? And I'm sure you won't even let me off too so, I and Key will talk to Mr. Shin and we'll try to do something about it."

"Good.", he glared at her but ended up looking at her fondly. He smiled and swiped some strands of hair that the wind brought on her face. "I love you.", he mumbled.

"I know and I love you more.", Yerin was about to pinch his nose but Jonghyun attentively held her hand and brought it down. His face inched closer, down to Yerin's face. She let her eyes closed and she waited patiently until she felt his lips land on hers.

He brought her closer to his body, like she'll be gone if he didn't hold her tight. His nervousness moments ago was replaced by flooding happiness. Happiness that he now knows that this girl he was holding is his to keep. He's sure that she is the girl he wants to start his days with, spend his days with and end his days with.

He gave one last peck on her forehead then he embraced her. He then realized that her mold perfectly fits with every curve of him. Like she was really made as an other half of him.

 

-------------

 

Yerin rolled her eyes after she declined the call on her cellphone, then she set it aside and get back to doing her paperworks. It was Jonghyun calling. She is intentionally declining his call not because they fought again but because she has a lot of things to do and he has been calling again and again since early in the morning, and also because she wants to annoy him a little before she tell him the good news later.

Her intercom suddenly beeped and the voice of her secretary was heard. "Ma'am. You have a visitor."

She thought it was Jonghyun but that was not logical for him to go there right away so it might be someone else. "Okay. Let him in.", she commanded.

Yerin just continued doing her stuffs while waiting the visitor to come up. She thought it was Onew, or maybe Minho or Taemin but she wasn't sure.

"Hey.", she heard that someone talked after the door opened. It was the visitor her secretary was talking about. She looked up and her brow automatically rose up seeing who was her unexpected guest.

"Where's Jonghyun?", it was the first to come out from Jisoo's mouth as soon as she got near Yerin's desk. Her brow rose more hearing what Jisoo asked and seeing her sitting in front of her desk without even being asked to.

But then, she smiled at her. "Is that what you ask after we haven't seen each other for a long time?"

Jisoo chuckled. "Well, I'm just not used to see him not with you. You know... you're boyfriend tends to be really clingy at times... well all the times I mean."

They laughed together on what Jisoo said. It has been a year since they last saw Jisoo. She left on her second year of college and went to London to finish her studies. Everyone on their friend circle used to hate her for what she have done to Yerin and Jonghyun. They were all in the same university and Jisoo would always still follow and bug Jonghyun, even when Yerin is around. But that didn't bother them anymore. They would just drive them away, or sometimes have the boys carry her away so she won't interrupt their moments. That went on and on until they got used to each other presence and because she's always with them, they didn't notice they have ended up being friends instead.

"So... how are you? You've been gone for quite a long time.", Yerin asked.

"Well, I'm fine. I just needed to deal with... some issues.", Jisoo felt uncomfortable with the topic the she suddenly remembered something. "Hey, where is--"

Before she can even finish her sentence the door opened and Key came in. His face was fine but not when he finally noticed Jisoo was there.

"WHAT IS THAT GIRL DOING HERE?!", he asked with wide eyes as he points at Jisoo. On the other hand, Jisoo's smile on her face immediately grew and she quickly went to Key.

"Oppa~", she attempted to hug Key but he swiftly stepped back to avoid it.

"Girl, don't 'oppa' me. We're at the same age.", he said in a y way.

"FYI. You're months older than me so accept it, OPPA.", she annoyed Key more.

Yerin just chuckled while looking at them. She also remembered the reason why Jisoo stopped bugging Jonghyun and it was because of Key. Because the boys are the one who makes way to take away Jisoo from Jonghyun and Yerin, they are often with him, specially Key. He's being annoyed to Jisoo whenever she interferes so he is the most that carries her with him often, like he is the wall for blocking Jisoo. Then one day, they were all surprised that instead of following Jonghyun around, he does it with Key, which obviously he doesn't like. What really happened, the two of them were the only one who knows.

"OMG. Good thing I'll be away for a month and I won't be bothered by you.", Key said, trying to get away from Jisoo.

"Huh? Where are you going?", she asked.

Key finally took hold of the door knob. "AWAY FROM YOU.", he said before slamming the door closed and leaving Jisoo.

"Is it true? Where is he going?", Jisoo went back to her seat.

Yerin nodded. "He would be working on an international project so he'd go abroad for a month or maybe more.", she explained. She remembered Jonghyun because that was the good news she was about to tell him. Key would be the one leaving that is why she is the one responsible for the doubled work that would be left on their office.

Jisoo pouted. "That's sad... anyway how's you and--"

For the second time, she was cut off from what she is about to ask when the door opened. This time, an angry dinosaur came rushing in.

"YAH! Why are you declining my calls?! I know you're intentionally doing it.", Jonghyun said right when he came in.

Before Yerin can answer, Jisoo waved at Jonghyun. "Annyeong!", she greeted and Jonghyun looked surprised to see her.

"Hey there. Long time no see Ms. So-obssess-with-me.", he greeted her. Jisoo glared at him but chuckled later on.

The conversation went on that Jonghyun already forgot his anger. They all talked until the latest happening between them got revealed.

Jisoo squealed. "OMG! You're already engaged. This is so great. My timing of coming back here is just too perfect.", she suddenly stopped and wondered. "So why did you came in raging and yelling just a while ago?"

Yerin wanted to stuff papers on for mentioning it again and seeing Jonghyun's face darken again, she knows he remembered his reason of coming over. She glared at Jisoo.

"Oops.", she covered with her hand. "I think I need to go now. I'll talk to you next time.", she slowly stood up and made her way out of the office.

Then Jonghyun went in front of her desk, slammed his hand on it and leaned forward to talk to Yerin face to face. She is just looking up at him from her seat.

"What's your problem? Why do you keep on declining my calls?", Jonghyun asked seriously.

Instead of being worried because he was mad, Yerin smiled wide and gave a peck on his face that is just a few centimeters away from hers. "You won't be mad anymore if I told you my news."

"What?", he tilted his head to the side.

"We already talked to Mr. Shin. Now, I was the one who'll be staying here and Key will come with him."

The frown on his face vanished in just seconds. "Really? He approved right away?"

She nodded. "Well... Yeah.. when I told him I am engaged, he approved."

Jonghyun slammed his hands on the desk again. "See? I told you he likes you."

"How is it connected?", Yerin stood up and went beside him. Jonghyun faced her and sat on the table.

"Seriously? You don't know?", he asked in a high pitch. Yerin just nodded but a smile is on her lips. She's really tired because she shoulders all the work now and talking to him like this is he best way to gain energy.

She slid herself between Jonghyun's legs, as he was sitting on the table, and wrapped her arms on his waist. She spent her supposedly 'working hours' listening to Jonghyun's explanation on the evidences that Mr. Shin likes her. She actually knows it, she just enjoys how he keeps on explaining it detail by detail, in a childish manner that she loves.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Eottaeyo chingudeul? ^-^ So that was where the MAIN TITLE of PART 1 is based.

By the way thanks for the comments on the last chapter. I believe I missed some names who often leaves comment on my chapter, you know who you are guys. I LOVE YOU <3<3<3

LET'S TALK ON TWITTER : @JJmyun