18: Please Don't

Tied To A Dino (My SLY Fox SEQUEL)

 

"Hyung!", Taemin called out as soon as Jonghyun got out from his car.

Jonghyun walked up to Taemin who have been waiting for him outside their old hangout place. It has been a long time since they went there because times weren't like before, that they have a lot of spare hours to spend there, just relaxing.

"Why did you suddenly called to go here?", he asked to Taemin.

"Actually...", Taemin rubbed the back of his neck. "...the other hyungs are inside too?"

His lips parted as his eyes widened. "Why?"

"I also asked them to go here, but they don't know you're coming."

A worried look flashed on Jonghyun's face. "But why? Do you want Key and Minho to kill me today? You know they're still hell mad at me."

"But don't you want to talk to them? At least explain your side?", Taemin reasoned.

He sighed and scratched his head. He can see Taemin's point but still, he wasn't prepared to face them now. He could have at least informed him earlier about his plan.

"Okay, let's go.", he said then they started walking in.

He took a deep breath before he held on the door knob, twisted it and slowly pushed the door opened. He can hear discussions from inside and he perfectly knows he was the topic as he can hear his name being mentioned.

He completely opened the door and he stepped in, followed by Taemin. Three pairs of eyes automatically landed on him, two pairs from it were sharply looking at him.

"Speaking.", Minho mumbled.

Key immediately rose up from the couch. "What are you doing here?"

He wasn't able to answer and just helplessly looked at Taemin who is standing beside him. The others also looked at the youngest.

"You brought him?", Key raised his eyebrow at Taemin, hands on either sides of his waist.

"Y-Yeah, hyung.", Taemin replied, obviously being scared of Key.

Both Minho and Key rolled their eyes while Onew is just observing them, not wanting to be on anyone's side.

"We have to talk.", He went near them.

"No, we don't have to.", Minho, who was sitting on the couch, glared at him.

"Don't you think we shouldn't be the one you're trying to talking to?", Onew finally spoke in monotone. He can feel he wasn't angry at him but he isn't on his side either. Jonghyun bowed his head, getting who was his hyung referring to.

"Yerin and I already talked.", he said in a low voice.

All of them looked at him, wanting to know what comes next to what he said.

"But we didn't settle anything. She said she doesn't know what to do.", he continued.

Key rolled his eyes again and huffed. "Same as you. You don't know what to do either. You're being the most stupid as you can be for not knowing how to solve this."

"You think it's easy?", he frowned at Key which caused him to earn glares from the others.

"Then you shouldn't have done it.", Minho countered.

He closed his eyes and held his forehead. It's getting harder and harder for him to explain is side, but it's all his fault anyway. The boys then stood up, grabbed their own jackets and walked past him.

"Guys. I thought we're friends. Wouldn't you help me on this one?", he said while watching the three boys walk away from him. Taemin stayed on his side.

Key stopped for a while to look back to him. "We're friends but you help yourself this time.", that's all then he already lead on walking out of the place.

He dropped himself on the couch, rested his head back and covered his face with his palms. He felt the space beside him sunk and a hand was tapping his shoulder.

"Hyung. I know you'll be able to fix this.", Taemin said.

He dropped his hand on his sides but his eyes remained closed, head rested. His breathing was heavy, indicating that he was holding something as he doesn't want to show Taemin his weakest side. He is still his hyung and he doesn't want to look strong in front of him.

"Can you leave me here for now?", he mumbled that question, not attempting to open his eyes.

"Don't you wan't company?", Taemin asked worried.

He sighed. "I'm fine. Do your other stuffs. I know your busy."

It took a few seconds before Taemin stood up from his seat. He doesn't want to leave his hyung but he understands that he needs some alone time, and besides, he has schedules for that day and he just sneaked away from his manager.

"Hyung I'll go now. Just give me a call if you need something."

Jonghyun just slightly nodded, still not opening his eyes. Moments later, he heard the door opened then closed, meaning he's all alone. As he slowly opened his eyes, tears immediately rolled down. That was why he wasn't attempting to look at Taemin, because he knows even a single move would trigger his tears.

He looked around the place. It hasn't change much since they last gathered there, around a year ago. It still gives off that youthful feeling it has, like when they aren't all grown ups yet. His eyes went to the side of the room where there's pictures stuck on the wall. Those weren't originally there before, but when they met Yerin, her and Key's interest jiving together, they started posting random selcas of any of them.

A little smile formed on his face, though he is still in tears, as he looks at those pictures. Everyone was so happy then, though it's not all perfect, but everything was fine. But this time, in just a single mistake, he wasn't sure anymore on what's gonna happen next.

He had a mini heart attack when his phone suddenly rang. He sighed then lazily reached for his phone inside his pocket but when he saw the caller ID, he immediately stood straight.

It's Yerin.

This is the first time he had seen her name again registered on his phone since that day she found out his secret. She wasn't communicating with him in anyway so seeing her name on his phone made his heart skip a bit.

"Y-Yerin-ah.", he stuttered as he answered the phone.

"Are you busy now?", she asked still in a cold tone but he doesn't care, as long as she's talking to him.

"No!", he answered right away. "I-I'm not doing anything right now."

"Let's go out?", Yerin asked, flat in tone. It was a question but it seemed to sound like she was commanding him.

Jonghyun's heart beat twice as fast as normal and his mouth was left opened. She was asking for them to go out, thinking of it makes his heart want to jump out of his chest.

"Sure! Of course. Where are you now? I'll pick you up.", he asked excitedly with a very wide smile on his face. He already stood out from his seat and heading out of the place without even knowing the exact place to go.

"No need. Just go to *name of park*. Let's meet there.", she answered.

"Yeah, sure. I'll go right away.", he said. He heard Yerin said goodbye and before he can even reply, she already hung up.

He rushed out to where he parked his car and hurriedly got in. He extremely excited yet nervous. He wasn't sure why Yerin asked for them to meet despite what happened. The last time they talk it seemed like she doesn't want to see him for the meantime. But he doesn't want to think more about it anymore. He'll be seeing her again, that's all that matters.

 

---------

 

From afar, Yerin can already see Jonghyun sitting on a bench at the park she told him to go to. He arrived earlier, like what she expected. It was actually the park where she and Hyejin talked, with Minki. She chose their meeting place to be there... for her to remember what is she really going to tell Jonghyun, and for her to be convinced that she is doing the right thing.

She started walking near him and she stopped a few steps away, enough for Jonghyun to already notice her. As soon as he set his eyes on her, he immediately stood up and run to her then hugged her tight, trapping her arms as well. She didn't move to push him away and just let herself feel his embrace because he missed him... and also, because she wasn't sure if she would be able to feel it again.

When he let go from the hug, he held her on both sides of her shoulder as he look at her face. He was looking at her with misty eyes, yet with a smile on his face. It was heart melting to see how happy she made him for letting them meet but it's heartbreaking to know that their meeting wouldn't be ending up well. She blinked and forced to look away from him.

"Let's sit.", she said.

Jonghyun let out a little chuckle. "Of course.", he took her hand and led her to sit on the bench he was on earlier.

"We should have went to a cafe for a snack.", he said, still holding her hand.

"It's fine here.", Yerin replied. She doesn't want to, but she parted her hand from his hold. Jonghyun looked at her with confused and nervous expression but he didn't say anything more. He just settled his hand on his side.

"Why weren't you visiting your son?", she asked, looking at him seriously.

He didn't expect that question from her so he just blinked at her. But seeing that she is waiting for his response he tried to gather his words to answer.

"I...I'm...", but he found no enough reason. It's not that he is mad to Minki or to Hyejin. It's just after all that happen, he doesn't know what he should do. He can't be a father to Minki now.

Yerin sighed and looked away, facing the playground where she saw Minki played the last time. "You should think of his feelings too. It's not just all about you now 'cause you have him."

He looked at her, being lost on what she was saying.

She continued. "He must be very lonely now, knowing that his father can't even visit him. You know, Minki is a nice and bright boy. You should appreciate it since he's from you."

Jonghyun furrowed his brows. "W-Why are you saying this? And h-how did you know his name?", he asked, remembering that he hasn't mention it to her yet.

"I already met him, with Hyejin. We talked, right here in this park.", she said, looking straight to Jonghyun's eyes.

"When? Why?", he asked in panic. He didn't know it nor Hyejin told him. Well, he wasn't talking to Hyejin.

"We just met. Hyejin isn't bad at all, opposite of what is on my mind before. She's a good mother. And Minki--"

"Wait", he cut her off. "Why are you telling me these?"

"I'm just helping you to appreciate those things you don't want to accept.", she bit her lower lip and looked away when she felt her eyes went warm.

"Yerin.", Jonghyun held tight on both of her hands, and pulling it to make her face him. He is being afraid and nervous on where that conversation will lead them.

Yerin didn't took away her hand from his and she looked at him. "Remember, you asked me what will happen to us now?"

"No... No, don't answer.", he felt panic all over him. He unintentionally squeezed her hands, wanting to hold her tight as if he's gonna lose her anytime.

Her vision went blurred, as her eyes warmer than it is before, then she felt her face become wet because of tears. "W-We can't... we c-can't be together now."

"No... Yerin don't do this, please. We're getting married soon, remember?", his voice broke as he started to cry hard. This is what he is fearing to hear from her and he doesn't want to here more from her as it was just shattering every piece of him.

"You should face your responsibilities. Be a father to your son.", she tried to say it clear, in between sobs. Then she tried to take her hands from him but he won't release it.

"Yerin-ah...", he called in a begging tone. "O-Okay. I... I-I'd be a father to him, but don't leave me... W-We can still be married, right?.. and... and I can still be a f-father to him at the same time.. Yerin, just please...don't", he begged, trying to pull her closer to him but she's being stiff on her spot.

"How can you be that selfish Jonghyun?" she looked at him with judging eyes.

"You think you can be a father to him if you have another family? Don't you know how much it would affect Minki, having that very complicated family set up? Don't you know how much it will hurt Hyejin that her son can't be completely happy... And how about me...", she panted in between loud sobs. "Don't you even know how much will I be hurt if we'll still be together, but I know that you're not completely mine? That seeing Minki everyday would remind me that I am not the first one to give you a son? Can't you think of that?", she finished with ocean of tears that flowed down from her eyes, and she just bowed down, letting droplets fall on the bench and on her hands that Jonghyun is holding.

He moved closer to her and hugged her, holding onto the back of her head and letting it lean on his shoulder as she cries. He was also crying hard, feeling how much he is hurting her and he can't do anything.

"I wasn't letting you go because I don't love. You know how much I do... but with these situation, we can't continue.", she whispered to him, burying her face on his shoulder.

He bit his lips and he kissed his hair. "Yerin-ah. Can't we do something else? I... I can't let you go."

"Y-You have to...", she whispered again, and for the last time, she let her arms come around his body for a hug.

Jonghyun just kept breathing on her hair, while whispering 'No' again and again and making his hug on her tighter. He wasn't prepared for this, he even thought that this meeting that Yerin suggested will fix everything between them, not this way. He is not wanting to end that moment, until he felt Yerin trying to pull off from the hug.

"Yerin...", he called out to her begging and helpless.

She stood up already but Jonghyun is still holding on her one hand, preventing her from going any farther away from him.

"Aren't you thinking that this, you having a son, happened because the wedding isn't really meant to happen?", she asked.

Jonghyun shook his head strongly and stood up, attempting to hug her again but she backed away.

"Let's not make it hard, please.", she tried to pull her hand away from his but he really won't let go. She's wiping her tears but ending up being replaced by new ones.

"No, you're the one who's making it hard. Please... Don't... I can't."

She sighed. Then she moved her other free hand to hold on Jonghyun's wrist and forced it away to let go of her other hand. He tried to grab her hand again but she backed away again.

It was a sight she doesn't want to see neither it is the scene that she ever wanted to happen, but she can't do more. Though it is against her will, she forced her body to turn around then she walked away, not looking back because if she did, she'll surely find no courage and strength to continue to go anymore. When she already took enough steps away from him, she ran to her car and settled herself inside.

 

Jonghyun was left blanked, standing there and just staring on the path where Yerin walked. He can't manage to move, he either can't believe that it happened for real. The scene that just happened was something he had never imagined, but seeing that Yerin isn't in front of him anymore and as he felt an indescribable pain inside his chest, he realized that everything was real.

She's gone from him.

More tears poured out from his eyes and it's uncontrollable. He cursed really loud and kicked the innocent bench near him, good thing there weren't anyone around. His foot that hit the hard iron bench was in pain but he couldn't care less, it has no match on the pain he has on his heart.

It was too painful that he cannot carry it alone, so he decided to run towards his parked car to go to someone.

 

------------

 

 

"WHAT?!", Sodam asked with a bewildered face while looking down to Jonghyun who has his face buried in his palm while sitting on the couch, and Sodam is standing in front of him. Jonghyun didn't answer and just cried on his palms. Sodam sighed really deep and looked up to the ceiling. holding on her forehead and also her big tummy.

Jonghyun told her everything that had happened and she's seriously shock finding out all of it. She doesn't have any idea about him, having a three year old son, because he never told her. He actually forgot because it was too stressing for him.

"Seriously, Jonghyun...", she looked at him in disbelief. "Tell me you're just freaking joking right now."

"I WISH I AM!", he suddenly yelled when he brought his face up, showing his face soaked in tears.

"Oh my God.", Sodam held her head with both of her hands, having a serious mental breakdown.

"Why didn't you even bother to tell me? Am I nothing to you? For god sake, I'M YOUR SISTER!", she panted. "And you also didn't tell your friends? Of course they'll be hell mad at you not only for hurting Yerin but also for disregarding them."

"Yes. It's my fault, okay? I know it's all my fault...", he started yelling but trailed off as he finish his sentence, sinking on his seat and drowning in tears.

She sighed, seeing him being very vulnerable. She wasn't mad at him but she's just really shocked on what she found out. Her heart melted seeing his brother in such state so she walked and sat beside him, then she hugged him, letting him cry on her shoulder.

"It's not all your fault. I understand that it wasn't that easy.", she said while caressing the back of his head to calm him.

Jonghyun cried more on her shoulder as he realized that all this time, he has been shouldering all his problems alone and having someone to lean on to is a relief.

They were so into that situation that they didn't heard the front door opened and that someone came in.

"Annyeo--", that someone, who was Amber was cut off from her cheerful greeting when she saw that scene. "O-Oh... Did I come in wrong timing?", she backed away, shocked on what she was witnessing.

Jonghyun then remembered that Amber informed him that she will be coming to Seoul but he was too stressed that he forgot about it.

"I just came to supposedly visit Sodam unni because he was pregnant. I don't know that you have some business here." She said and was about to walk away when Sodam stopped her.

"No, it's okay Amber. Stay because you're somehow involved here.", Sodam said.

Amber became flustered and she went to sit with them. "Me? Why? I just came here."

Sodam sighed and started explaining what happened, herself, because Jonghyun can't manage to narrate it anymore. He would just add or correct some details as Sodam explains it to Amber.

"Oh.My.God. I didn't know about. I have no idea. I haven't talked with Hyejin for a long time.", Amber explained, still with a flustered expression. She, too, was shock to find out that Jonghyun and her friend, Hyejin, has a child.

Amber then looked at Jonghyun, she hesitated but curiosity made her ended up asking. "W-What did Yerin said about this?"

Jonghyun bowed his head down. "S-She said I should take my responsibilities to my son."

Amber bit her lip, feeling sorry and guilty for asking because he can see how Jonghyun is having a hard time about it.

"So... That happened on the night of Donghae's birthday?", Amber then asked.

Jonghyun calmed himself first, stopping his sobs and wiping his tear-soaked-face, before answering. "Yes. You were there, right?"

Amber nodded. "I remember you're really drunk that night."

Jonghyun nodded and Sodam just kept listening to them because they were the ones that knows better.

"Right. That's why I don't even know a thing. All I remember is that I woke up on a dark room, some of my clothes were scattered. Then I came home, not even bothering to check what's inside that room I have been.", he stated.

The two girls just nodded, taking his explanation. Then Amber tilted his head sideward, looking at Jonghyun.

"How are you sure he's really yours then?", she asked.

"Hyejin said she was sure I was the one with her that night she said we're even talking....", he sighed and ran his fingers through his hair before continuing. "...And the child looks like me."

"REALLY?", Amber and Sodam asked in chorus and he just nodded.

"Then we should meet him.", Sodam suggested. Amber also agreed with her and Jonghyun was left with no choice but to nod and agree to them.

"I'll bring him tomorrow.", he said in finality.  

 

------------

 

Hi there guyth. Please bear with the dramatic chapters I'm bringing to you lately. 

*someone shouts in background* "YOU'RE SUCH A SELFISH AUTHOR"
I hope no one says that. OTL

Well, you guys are having ideas based on your comments. GUESS WHAT. *drum roll* LET'S ALL CHECK IT OUT ON THE NEXT CHAPTER! YEHET! Anyway, THANK YOU FOR THE COMMENTS, and also for those who followed me on twitter (that's @JJmyun) and leaving messages/mentions. THANK YOU. I'm not ignoring you right? right? right?

 

If I am... *hands you a weapon* feel free to use it in anyway. ㅋㅋㅋㅋTHANK YOU AGAIN!