We're not fine

Tied To A Dino (My SLY Fox SEQUEL)

Yerin woke up with heavy eyelidsand heavy head. It was so heavy that she can feel it hurting, likesome sort of hangover but not. She regretted forgetting to close thecurtains last night, now the light from outside is stinging her eyes.

She sat up and remainedmotionless, staring at her blanket, giving her mind time to adjust.Her eyes landed at the spot beside her on the bed. It's empty andneat, sign that no one had been there. She then felt a painfulsqueeze on her heart, remembering what had happen yesterday... whatshe saw...

She held back her tears becauseshe's already tired crying all night.

When she's about to get out ofthe bed, the door opened. Her heart thumped, anticipating who wouldcome in. She waited.

"Umma!", the doorrevealed Yuhan. He ran to the bed and hurriedly jumped to it.

Yerin felt a slight relief to seethat it was Yuhan. She's not sure if she can already face Jonghyunafter last night. But there's also sadness inside her as well. Shehaven't seen him and she wondered where he slept.

"Morning umma~.",Yuhanhugged her neck and kissed her cheek. She just forced a smile andkissed back her son.

"Umma you feel okay now?",Yuhan asked with worry when he sat on her lap. Yerin stared at himfor his question. She worried that Yuhan might have sensed thatthere's something wrong though she tried her best to hide it.

"Why baby?", she asked,faking a chuckle.

"Appa said you're sick andhe doesn't want to disturb you so appa slept with Yuhannie."

'So he stayed withYuhan...',she thought.

"I'm fine now, baby.",She smiled at Yuhan but paused, hesitating to ask the question shehas in mind. "W-where is a-appa now?"

"Went to office... but appaalready cooked breakfast.", he excitedly stood up from her lapand jumped out of bed. "I helped cook breakfast. Let's eatumma!!", he said, pulling her hand.

All she can do again is to showYuhan her smile, trying to hide her sad eyes.

 

 

_______________________

 

 

Even when she's not really in themood to go out and be exposed to the outside world, she had nochoice. She left Yuhan to her nanny because she needs to go to work,which is something that's really against her will. It is the lastthing she wants to do at the moment.

Because going to work meansseeing that , Meeyon.

She doesn't like her even beforebut now, she's hating her to death and she's not fine seeing her, oreven standing on the same ground as her.

 

She arrived at the set later thanshe usually comes, and went she got there everything is already set,ready to start. She walked in and passed by everyone, replying withjust a nod to anyone who would greet her.

Things were tolerable for heruntil she arrived at the models' area. Meeyon is there and she's looking back at her. Extreme hate surged all over her body seeingher, the woman that started it all, the woman pulling her husbandaway from her.

She wanted to ignore her so shewalked past her, as she can't bare seeing her but Meeyon, herself,stood up and followed her until they're somewhere no one can see norhear them.

"Yerin I think we need totalk." Meeyon said in a very unusual calm tone.

Yerin's eyes slowly but sharplyshifted to her. "I don't think so."

Meeyon looked at herapologetically. "About yesterday—"

"Can you not talk about ithere? You're here to work and only that. Try being professional. ",she raged but kept her voice low so that they won't gain too muchattention.. "And please don't act like you're being sorry 'causewe both know you're not."

"Oh.", Meeyon's browraised then the apologetic look on her face vanished in just a snap,putting on her usual y smile. "So how are you afteryesterday, Mrs. Kim.", she said in a mocking tone,emphasizing how she addressed her.

"Stop it Meeyon.", shesighed and attempted to walk away but Meeyon held her arm to stop herand make her face her again.

"You think you're so greatwhen you're actually not. You're just an average someone, Ms.Professional. We both know now that I can do better than you.",Meeyon said boastfully, with a smile that Yerin found really hateful."But actually you should have known that from the start."

Yerin shook of Meeyon's hand thatwas holding onto her arm and she looked at her, disbelieving. Shecan't imagine that someone can possibly think like the way shethinks. How can someone be this heartless and selfish?

"Why are you doing thisMeeyon? Do you want Jonghyun back?"

Meeyon chuckled. "Well,originally, no. But I might consider it, specially now that Idiscovered it isn't that hard to do."

Yerin felt a pang on her heartwhen she heard it. She remembered that painful scene she saw at theparking lot yesterday and there was a little voice in her tellingthat there's a possibility that Meeyon might succeed if she tried.

Shewanted to cry as she's feeling defeated but she managed to makeherself composed. She's been hurt by her and she wont allow it tocontinue. She won't let a low-grade step on her.

"Well sorry but you may haveto change your mind about that. You can't have Jonghyun easily, wehave our son. And I may have to remind you that Jonghyun dumped youbefore, he married me, now who's better?", her brow raised andher eyes scanned Meeyon from her head to toe, her way of mocking herwhole soul. "You're just his y ex, and you'll stay likethat, whatever you do. So pitiful." , she rolled her eyes,turned her back to her and marched away.

As she walks away, she bit herlower lip and exhaled hard like she's been holding her breath for toolong. She feels like crying while saying all that in front of herbecause even she, is doubting that statement.

 

 

 

Meeyon stares at Yerin's back asshe walks away. Honestly, she was hurt by her last statement but shejust let that pass because she knows she had hurt Yerin more, manytimes.

Yesterday, she saw throughYerin's eyes how her heart broke when she saw her kissing Jonghyun.That was one satisfying thing for her, her plan worked just how shewanted it. She's so sure that Jonghyun and Yerin still isn't fine nowbecause of that.

'You're so great Meeyon, yousucceeded.', she praisedherself.

Now she just have to wait for thenews about them separating and it's all done. Meeyon doesn't careabout Jonghyun anymore but if ever he would come to her, she'llconsider it as a bonus for her.

 

 

 

____________________________

 

Yerin holds her phone near herear, waiting for Key to pick up. As she listens to his ringback,she's constructing in her mind the sentence that she will tell Keyonce he answered.

"Yes?", Key finallypicked up.

"Kibum...", she calledhis name. Now she's feeling nervous, knowing that Key mightinterrogate her about her decision that she will be telling him. Thatis why she chose to say it over the phone as she's not so sure shecan handle it in person.

"What is it Yerin?", hesaid, being impatient.

She breathed deep and recalledthe first sentence she planned to say. "I.... I cannot handlethis photoshoot anymore. I need your help and I called you to askyou to take over."

There was a pause from the otherline, maybe Key is thinking about it.

"Why?", he finallyasked.

"I'm gonna handle the otherprojects, so please take over. It's almost done anyway.", shebegged.

"That's it, it's almost doneso why are you asking me to take over? Besides, you're used tohandling multiple project at once before.", Key said.

She bit her lip and massaged herforehead. Good thing it's over the phone and Key cannot see herreaction.

"Please Key oppa...",she begged in a faint voice.

There was silence again from theother line. Yerin felt nervous every second that Key is not talking.Then she heard a sigh from him.

"Is there a problem Yerin?Is it about Meeyon?", he guessed.

"No.", Yerin's answerwas plain.

Key sighed from the other line."I know Meeyon and it's not far from possible that she didsomething wrong to you. Now tell me.", Key said worriedly.

Yerin was tempted to tell himabout everything because it's seriously hard to carry it all byherself but she stuck to her decision to keep it from everyone forthe meantime.

"I told you my reason...",she said.

"Yerin-ah I don't think—"

"That's the reason. Pleaseconsider taking over. I'll hung up.", she talked without breakthen hung up, not giving Key a chance to ask questions anymore.

She dropped herself on the sofa,closed her eyes and rested her back. She had a long and hard day atwork.

Yerin did re-thinking about herdecision of dropping her responsibility for that project and again,she thought that it would be better if she did. She knows she hadmentioned to Meeyon a lot of times about professionalism, and whatshe is about to do is not an act of professionalism but she cannot doanything. She's distracted and she can't risk the quality of herwork. Also, she has her own feelings to consider. She suffers seeingMeeyon again and again. That's the only way she can save herself.

 

She opened her eyes and looked atthe time on the wall clock. It's already late, Yuhan is alreadyasleep but Jonghyun still isn't home. She still isn't ready to talkwith him but she feels unease knowing that he isn't home yet so she'swaiting for him.

He didn't even mind to call oreven text her that he's going to be home late. She didn't even knowwhere he is.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I KNOW THIS IS SHORT. I WILL UPLOAD THE NEXT ONE LATER.

I'm sorry if I can't update often or if I can only post one chapter every weekend. I do understand and appreciate when you tell me you miss the story. I'm sorry if I'm lacking. But there were times that I wanted to write but once I sit down, I immediately fall asleep because of exhaustion. please do understand. Sorry again.