1: After 3 years...

Tied To A Dino (My SLY Fox SEQUEL)

 

PART 1: Lock You with the Promise of Forever

     The door of Jonghyun's house flung open and in, came an expressionless pretty lady, silently followed by his man, who was also expressionless. As soon as they both completely got in, Yerin stopped walking halfway and bring both of her hands up on her waist and held it while inhaling and exhaling heavily. Her eyes where just stuck on the living room carpet, thinking, while there was silence in the whole house. There was a firing tension around them as every second passes by that no one is talking. Both of them were silent until Yerin can't hold it anymore.

“So what was that?”, she said sharply as she glares at Jonghyun making his way to the couch then sat there.

“What, exactly?”, he asked calmly but blankly though he knows what exactly is she talking about.

He threw his head up with closed eyes to breath deeply then looked back to Yerin with calm, unreadable expression.

“Kim Jonghyun, don't act so innocent now. Seriously, do you really have to do that?”, Yerin asked though she was not really expecting an answer from Jonghyun.

Just hours ago, Jonghyun almost picked a fight AGAIN with a male model from the photo shoot she was supervising. She handles the wardrobe and, of course, being a friendly workmate and seeing them almost everyday because of work, it is just natural that she'd be close to them, as a friend. But Jonghyun seemed to always misunderstand things and, as always, even before, he's on his over-protective or rather possessive mode again.

He never changed. His attitude, specially towards guys around me, never changed. Except that he and Sehun is now in good terms, sometimes. He finally got used to Sehun's presence, after so long, but towards other guys, it's another big issue.

She rolled her eyes first, sign of irritation, before sighing and continue raging.

“Why do you always have to do that? You're not born yesterday to not know that we are working together and we're friends.”, she looked at Jonghyun after she finished talking. Now she was asking and waiting for his explanations but he remained blank, looking at her.

Moments past and they were just staring at each other and Jonghyun never talked.

“This is the nth time that this happened. Exactly when are you going to get over this?”, Yerin asked for another response again but still, none.

“Now you're not talking. Do you plan to just look at me blankly like you haven't done anything?”, she asked once more as irritations rise in her. She kept her lips straight while eyeing at Jonghyun.

Jonghyun, on the other hand, just blinked like nothing was happening and tilted his head sidewards, no sign that he's going to open his mouth to talk.

Giving up, Yerin threw her hands up as she sighs. She turned around, irritably ruffling her own hair, then marched to the kitchen.

“I really can't understand men at times! AISHH. JINJJA!”, she yelled on her way, until she completely disappeared in the kitchen.

Jonghyun let out a sigh and stared at the kitchen door where Yerin went in.

He didn't talk nor answer back because he doesn't want to add more annoyance and irritation to Yerin anymore. He knows that his reasons and explanation would be unreasonable and superficial, and that would just start an argument then later on, a fight.

He knows because it always happens. For the past three years, even when they just started, they never pass a week with no arguments. It's just that lately, this became very often and that even over little things, they have something to discuss on. This happens over and over and over. But it's not that because of the quarrels, the sweetness were all gone.

No.

DEFINITELY NOT.

For him, nothing could be sweeter than this. She's the prettiest even when she's angry. Everything is still as sweet as the first. Nothing changed, except for the fact that he loved Yerin more. More and more as time goes by.

His lips slowly curved up as he stood up from the couch and made his way to follow Yerin in the kitchen. He found her at the kitchen counter, preparing for dinner. He knows that she's aware about his presence because she sighed and rolled her eyes.

“Don't come close. I hate you.”, she said without even looking at him.

Jonghyun, unthreatened, let out a small chuckle then quietly slid himself behind her and swiftly wrapped his arms around her waist. He gently laid his lips on her cheek and let it just stay there.

“Are you finish?”, he whispered beneath the skin of her cheek.

Yerin moved her face away from his and gave her a sharp, questioning look, asking what is he asking that she's finished at.

He chuckled softly again and still holding her from behind. “Are you finished being mad at me?”

She glared. “Go away. You're not talking, right?”

“I just let you finished talking first... and it took long.”, he grinned widely, eyes disappearing.

Her glare on him fired up even more. “So what are you trying to say? I talked too much?”

“Huh?uhhh. No! Of course not! Who said that? I'll punch him whoever said that you talked too much.”, he defended cutely, though it was what he really meant.

Yerin could have been angrier to Jonghyun, knowing what he really meant, but she just ended up chuckling at his cuteness and foolishness.

“You want me to punch him instead?”, she asked.

“Uh no. Let's just let it pass. I'm sure he didn't mean to say that.”, He said and cuddled Yerin, knowing that she's not mad anymore.

Yerin chuckled and lightly slapped his face and pushed it away from her. But Jonghyun just stayed behind her and hugged her waist tighter, and even kissed her cheek.

Yerin sighed. “Uhm... Can't you see I'm preparing food? So would you mind parting yourself away from me for a while?”

“I would mind. You can still move even if I'm here so you can do your stuffs...”, he said and made his chin comfortable on her shoulder, without any plans of moving away.

Yerin sighed in defeat after looking at Jonghyun for a few seconds and he's still not moving. 'How could a 23 year old man still acts this childish?', she thought. Even it's a bit hard to move having someone hugging her from the back, she just continued chopping the ingredients she'd be using for dinner.

She still can't believe that all the attitudes that she used to hate before are the ones that she has to cope up everyday. The unexplainable and unstable attitude of this man that she gave patience to... for three years now... the attitude that, unbelievably, she's continuing to adore, even after three long years that seemed to be short.

They just celebrated their third anniversary a few weeks ago and as always, Jonghyun didn't fail to surprise her again. He had everything planned and prepared, and the highlight of every anniversary surprise, another beautiful song was made and presented specially for her that day. His promise was not broken, he really composes song every year, making every year special... and making her fall for this man more.

“Hey.”, her thoughts got disturbed when he whispered.

“Hmm?”

“I'm going to tell Key not to make you handle the photoshoots, specially male photoshoots.”, he said.

Her brows furrowed. “Are you the boss to command that? The last time I check, Key and I are still the big bosses of our business so we don't have to follow commands from others.”

“But you shouldn't be handling those photoshoots, it should be him. You could just be in your office. And what is he even doing?”, he pouted.

Yerin sighed and rolled her eyes. “Again? Do I really have to explain this all over again? When he needs to meet up with clients or do some paperworks, he can't be at the photoshoots, same as with what I do.”

“But still...”, Jonghyun pouted even more.

Yerin unattached his arms on her before turning around to face him. She has her arms crossed while looking at him.

“Seriously, your possessiveness is getting worse. Is that even a good thing?”

“Of course it is! Other girls are even asking for this, but you... you ice cold princess.”

“Whatever.”, Yerin huffed then pushed him away completely. “It'd be better and I'd appreciate it if you're going to leave me here for a while so that I could finish this and we can have dinner already.”

Jonghyun was about to open his mouth to protest but as soon as Yerin widened her eyes and raised an eyebrow, he already knows that he won't win against her so he just walked away with a heavy sigh.

After Yerin finished cooking, they ate dinner together, then cleaned everything that has to be cleaned and chatted like they don't see each other everyday, until that part, that has become an 'everyday scene', came, where one should go home already.

“Yah.... stay a bit more.”, Jonghyun whined while pulling Yerin's shirt to stop her.

“Here we go again... I have to be early tomorrow and you too, so I should be going now.”, she tried to pull her shirt away from Jonghyun's hold, and they were like playing tug-of-war right now.

“Then I'll just drive you home.”, he said.

“No. My car has been parked on your garage for like one week already because your always insisting to drive me home. I should take it home and I have to use it. I didn't buy it just to display it in your garage.”, she said.

“Aiishh... jinjja!”, he whined more.

Yerin looked at him with a tired expression. “You know, sometimes, I'm thinking of getting salary from your parents for babysitting their son who is worse than a 3 year old kid.”

Jonghyun just glared at him.

She sighed once again, hoping for her to have more energy because she's really being drained now.

“Hey... enough. I know and you know that we're both tired and we need to rest. It's not like I'll be gone forever if I left now. Just let me off now so we could both rest, can you? Hmmm?”, she held his hand as she talks in a soft and gentle voice so that Jonghyun won't be refusing to listen anymore.

After staring at her for seconds, finally, the frown and sulking expression of Jonghyun faded. Yerin smiled and spread her arms open, to where Jonghyun slid himself in to accept the hug.

“Go home and rest.”, he whispered then kissed her forehead before letting go.

She nodded, let out a sweet smile, then went out of the the house. After a few seconds, he already heard her car went away.

He sighed as he stares to the door where Yerin went out. He hated it when his surroundings are this quiet, without her around. It just gives him an empty feeling like a piece of him was taken away and all he want is to have it back.

He doesn't want to give Yerin a hard time by coping up with him when he's insisting for her to stay but he can't help it. Honestly, day by day, his want of having Yerin with him all the time is getting stronger. 

He also doesn't want to annoy Yerin with all his possessiveness and protectiveness but he can't do anything about it. As time goes by, his worry and fear gets bigger... worry and fear that anytime, he might lose her, in any reason and any cause. That is just his way of somehow, having her secured on him.

'I think I should do something about this... soon.', he thought.

-----

“Yoboseyo?”, Yerin said as soon as she put on her wireless set to answer the phone since she's driving.

“YERIN-AHHHH~!”, a female voice on the other line squealed loud that made her face crumple as she pulls out the earpiece slightly away from her ear until the squeal subsided.

“Done screaming? If I got into an accident, it's because of you”, she asked.

“Yah. You're so rude. Didn't you miss me?”, Yeonmi asked.

Yerin chuckled, imagining how Yeonmi is pouting right now. She actually missed her because it's been quite a long time since they last saw each other, though they still keep their communication.

After graduating from high school, sadly, they had to be parted from each other. Yeonmi has to move out from Seoul because her dad got a new job, while Yerin stayed and entered the university where Jonghyun is studying, as well as Key and Minho. Now, Yeonmi can't still move back in Seoul because she had already started her career out there.

“Hey, how have you been? We're quite busy these past months. We haven't talked.”, Yerin started.

“I know, right? That's why I called. I have a surprise~.”, Yeonmi cheerfully announced.

I wide smile formed on Yerin's lips and she grew excited. “Really? What? What? What?”

“Chill, girl. I got a chance to go back there in Seoul for a while since I have someone important to meet up. So by that, we can meet! I really miss you all there.”

“Ooooh~ That's great. We miss you too. So when are you going to come?”, Yerin asked.

“Hmmm... I think I'll arrive there before evening, today. Shall we all have dinner, with the boys too?”, she asked in excitement.

“Perfect. I'll talk to them. They might find time for this later.”

She heard a clap and another squeal again from the other line. She already stopped the car in front of the building she'd be going and parked it in.

“Hey Yeonmi, I know we have lots of catching up to do but I have to hung up now. Let's talk it all out later.”, Yerin said.

Yeonmi sighed. “Okay fine. Don't forget about later, okay? Bye~”

“Ne~”, she said and hung up before going out of the car.

She started walking in the building and was being greeted by the staffs. Like what she have mentioned to Jonghyun, Key and her is the big boss here in their own fashion company. That is why they have these photoshoots and all. They took up the same course in college so they grew really close, having him as her bestfriend already since Yeonmi is away. After graduating, they decided to put this business up and even for just a year of running, they can say that it's doing great and making its way up, with the big help of Key's unique and diva-ish sense, of course.

“Good morning ma'am. Sir Key is already here.”, Soojin, her dear secretary greeted as soon as she got out of the elevator.

She can't help to laugh on what she said. Seriously, until now she still find 'Sir Key' weird and funny to hear. She smiled after thanking her then made her way in her and Key's office.

“Morning~”, She greeted cheerfully when she got in.

Key looked up from his phone then raised an eyebrow on her.

“You came alone? Where's Jonghyun? It kinda became unusual for me to not see him with you every morning.”, he said

Yerin sighed as she put her things on her desk and sat on her chair. “Haayyy oppa. If only you know how much persuasion we've been through last night just to make him let me bring home my car and drive alone here.”

Key chuckled and slid his swivel chair across the room, towards her desk. He handed her a cup of coffee from his favorite coffee shop and sat in front of her.

“You know, you're boyfriend is being sticky as glue.”, he said between sipping coffee from his own cup.

She chuckled to his description. “I know, right?”

“He's insane. He called me last night and scolded me about the photoshoot that you handled. Ugghhh!”, he leaned back on his chair and held his forehead, stressing because of Jonghyun.

“If I'm not his friend, I would have suggested you to break up with him, for your own safety.”, he added.

She just laughed at his funny remark then got reminded of her conversation with Yeonmi a while ago.

“By the way oppa, Yeonmi will be here in Seoul for some business matters. She suggested for all of us to have dinner later to do some catching up.”

“Oh really? That's nice. It's been quite a while since we last bond all together since everyone is busy these past months.”, he clasped his hand in delight of what Yerin said.

“I'll ask Jonghyun to tell the others later. For now let's finish these...”, she motioned her hands to the pile of reports they need to review, photos from the last shoot that is needed to be checked and magazines that should be evaluated.

Key's shoulders fell the moment he was reminded that it will be a very long and tiring day for the both of them. They looked at each other and both put their game face on, and start working on their stuffs.

--------

Yerin was on her way back to their office from her secretary's desk when she saw Key walking out.

“Oppa, where are you going?”, she asked.

“I'm going to meet someone. Urgent meeting but it won't take long.”. He answered.

“How about the dinner? I thought we're going together?”

“The meeting won't take long. I'm still going but I don't think you'll be going with me.”

“Huh? Why?”, confussion registered on her face.

Key simply pointed to their office door and shrugged his shoulder before waving goodbye to her. Yerin looked at him as he walks away. She decided to continue walking towards the office door to check on what Key is trying to say.

When she opened it, the sight that welcomed her is a man, sitting on her swivel chair and scanning some papers on her desk. She faked a cough as she walks towards Jonghyun to call his attention but he just looked up to her for a while then continued what he was reading.

“So, these are all your new projects for this month? These are quite a lot and you'll be very busy.”, he said putting away the papers and resting his back comfortably on my chair.

“Yes I'll be very busy. Now, I wonder how a man, managing his big company, could just bum around as if he's still a student.”, Yerin brought her hands on her waist.

“That's why we have people called staffs and secretaries, to help us with works so that it won't eat up all your time.”, he said as a matter of fact and even made a face.

Yerin mimicked his expression that brought him to stand up and get in front of her. He held on the edge of the desk where she was leaning, trapping her between his arms as he lean closer.

“Are you making fun of me?”, he asked exactly in front of her face.

“No I'm not. You're just REALLY funny.”, she by a grin.

“yeah?”, his eyebrow raised then slowly came closer.

Yerin just smiled looking at his eyes as he leans forward, inch by inch... until...

“OMO~!”, a little squeal was heard after the was door opened, then papers accidentally scattered all over the floor, by her secretary.

“I... I'm s-sorry ma'am. I didn't m-mean to...”, she stuttered as she sloppily picks up the papers she had dropped, while trying hard to hide her blushing face.

Jonghyun and Yerin looked at each other and slowly parted away then both laughed at what happened, and at the reaction of her secretary. As they remember, it wasn't the first time she accidentally came to them in this situation but still, she still reacts like this.

“It's okay Soojin. Why are you here?”, Yerin asked her.

“I j-just want to g-give the papers you were asking f-for.”, Soojin quickly handed the papers to her, and left when Yerin thanked her.

“You're bringing scandal here in my office.”, she said. “By the way did you already tell the others about the dinner?”

“Done. They're all coming ma'am.”, Jonghyun saluted.

She giggled at his gesture. “Oh I almost forgot. I'll invite Sehun too.”

Jonghyun's eyebrow automatically raised. She looked at him. Yes, Sehun and Jonghyun are okay sometimes, they actually hangout together, but he still has this reaction everytime he hears Sehun's name from her.

“Jonghyun stop it. Whatever you're going to do or say, just stop it 'cause it'll be pointless to argue about inviting him or not. Arraseo?”, she ignored his reaction and dialed Sehun's number on her phone. He can't protest anymore. No one can argue with the bossy Yerin.

~~~~~~~

A/N: Welcome back to the JongRin story, you^^ 'Tied to a Dino' story is officially on. I'll be posting the next chapter as soon as I can. Maybe tomorrow? Sadly, I can't update very often because of school so please wait for me patiently, again. Thank you very much :) How was this? Kinda losing track? Let me know, i swear, I do appreciate comments. ^-^

Read, Comment, Subscribe and Vote :)