ii. Underneath the Umbrella

BaekYeol Drabble Collection (On Hiatus)

It's raining, again, and Baekhyun can't help but groan; he isn't particularly fond of rain. He sits in the EXO bus and stares through the open door as one by one the other members leave. He sighs when he's left all alone, and stares at the entrance, wondering who will come back for him, wondering if anyone cares. Just when he is sure that no one would, Chanyeol sticks his head through the door, a wide grin on his face.

"Come on, Baekhyun-ah," He says. "Everyone's waiting."

Hesitating, Baekhyun stays in his seat, not wanting to get wet, and feeling a familiar weight appear in his stomach: nervousness. Eventually, Chanyeol gets back onto the bus and sits down next to him, wet umbrella still in his hands.

"Hey, is everything okay, Baekhyun-ah?" Chanyeol places an arm around the other's shoulders. "You're feeling nervous, aren't you?"

Baekhyun nods slightly before placing his head on the other's shoulder; Chanyeol always knows what's wrong, and how to fix it.

"Don't worry, Baekhyun-ah," The taller male tells him, while gently smoothing aside a few stray hairs on Baekhyun's now blonde head. "I promise nothing will go wrong, I'm here for you."

"Are you sure?" Baekhyun's optimistic most of the time, but sometimes, times like these, he feels an almost overwhelming sense of negativity. "And what if something does?"

"Nothing will," Chanyeol says, kissing his forehead soothingly. "And if something does, then I will be here. I will always be here for you."

"Thank you, Chanyeol-ah…" Baekhyun says. "I guess we should go…"

"Okay," Chanyeol got up, taking the umbrella with him. "I'll wait for you outside."

With a lopsided grin, the taller male makes his way off the bus, leaving Baekhyun alone again. And then he's running, eager to be by Chanyeol's side again. He stops at the entrance, a little breathless, to see the other waiting for him, umbrella shielding him from the rain. Baekhyun jumps off the bus and into his waiting arms. It's still raining, and pretty heavily at that, but with Chanyeol by his side, he no longer cares. With Chanyeol by his side, he's certain that nothing can go wrong.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Second drabble ^_^ I think it's not as good as the first one, but could just be personal opinion? I hope you liked it though! Suggestions and/or requests still stands =3

Thank you so much to everyone that subscribed and commented! It really means so much to me! <3

So until next time! I'm going to try to post one around every three to four days? =3 and I promise I'm working on my other fics as well! It's just... going pretty slowly... OTL