xlii. Thoughts of Fatherhood

BaekYeol Drabble Collection (On Hiatus)

Baekhyun gently picks the little girl up and shifts her around, trying to get her settled and comfortable in his arms. She's really cute, and Baekhyun spends a little time just staring at her face, wondering what it would be like to have a daughter of his own. He can hear the photographer telling the rest of EXO-K to get into the picture, and that's when Chanyeol wraps an arm around his shoulders. And then Baekhyun is imagining a different life, one that they could potentially have some day because it’s like they’re having a family portrait taken.

Baekhyun and Chanyeol would get married one day, wearing matching white suits, because white is pure and sweet. They would make the decision to adopt a child, a daughter, and give her an adorable name, if she doesn’t already have one. Baekhyun would sing her to sleep at night, give her kisses on her forehead and her cheeks, love her to the best of his ability. Chanyeol would read her stories, because let's face it she would prefer his speaking voice, and he would try to teach her right from wrong, and he would love her too, love her wholeheartedly. They would spoil her; buy her all of the toys, dresses, anything she wanted, but maybe not too much, just enough to make her happy. They may never let her date; no boy or girl would ever be good enough for her.

Every so often, the three of them would go out, just a day where they go eat; letting their daughter try all the wonderful food this world has to offer. They'd give her the freedom to be whoever she wants to be, go wherever her heart takes her. They would probably cry when she goes off to college, graduate, and get married. Baekhyun may try to keep her out of show business, but if she desires it, he'd tell her what he knows. He doesn't want her to suffer though, ever.

Baekhyun is snapped out of his thoughts when he feels Chanyeol squeeze his shoulder, the two of them share a look, and it's clear that Chanyeol is thinking the same thing, or at least similar. The little girl is looking at them too, something between confusion and happiness on her face. Instinctually, Baekhyun presses a kiss to her forehead, and Chanyeol smiles at the action. Their eyes meet again, and Baekhyun smiles when Chanyeol mouths two words to him: one day. Baekhyun turns to look at the photographer again, and when the picture is taken, he pretends, just for a moment, that this is his happy little family.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just a short drabble based off that picture at the top. It made me feel a lot of things, and this is basically the result of those feels. OTL

Thank you so much to everyone that subscribed to, commented on, upvoted, and just read my drabbles! I know I say this at the end of every one, but I'm so truly thankful to all of you, and it just means so much to me, so, thank you <3

So until the next one! I might be able to be do weekly? We'll see.