liv. Places I'd Rather Be

BaekYeol Drabble Collection (On Hiatus)

Sometimes, Baekhyun wants to forget he's an idol. Sometimes, Baekhyun wishes he could be anywhere but where he is. Sometimes, Baekhyun wants to just quit, to just run away. He only forgets about those wishes when he's on stage, when he's able to sing his heart out for the world to hear. Otherwise, he wishes he could just be him, just have his own agenda, and be in control of his own life. Chanyeol's there for him but unfortunately, his presence isn't enough for Baekhyun to forget about his foolish desires. Instead, he imagines Chanyeol coming with him. He imagines the two of them going on a road trip, going from city to city, to country, whenever and wherever they want.

And then he feels almost guilty for feeling this way. Not many are able to experience what he has, and even though the company is... merciless at times, he's still thankful. He's thankful for his fans, their fans, for this opportunity to do what he loves and get paid for it, for being able to travel the world, even if at times it feels like they live in the airport, but most of all, he's thankful because he got to meet Chanyeol, and the rest of s. Baekhyun is tired though, tired of not having enough time to just relax, to sleep, tired of not being able to see his family, and just thoroughly exhausted. He's living the dream, but he paid a great deal for this dream; for his dream, he gave up his freedom. 


Baekhyun feels arms wrap around him, and a chin rest upon his shoulder. And then Chanyeol's velvet voice is telling him to come to bed, that they need to be up early the next day, as always. He follows because Chanyeol's right. They fall asleep the way they always do, their arms around each other, and Baekhyun's head tucked underneath Chanyeol's chin. And as they share goodnight kisses, and their eyes drift shut, Baekhyun finds that he’s almost okay with his loss of freedom because Chanyeol is his freedom.

------------------------------------------------------------------

A shorter one ^_^ Hope you like it.

Thank you to everyone for all the support, I really appreciate it! ^_^

So, I might not post next week, so if I don't next week, it'll be the week after. Until the next one ^_^